HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official Ex-Habs Thread Part II(All Former Habs Players Discussed Here!)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-15-2011, 07:54 AM
  #901
Peter Puck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
Rights are long gone. And from what I hear, he's doing well, but not well enough to jump to NHL. Probably no intention of leaving either.
No we still own his rights. We have them for 16 more days. On July 1 he will become a UFA. I think he is playing well enough to come back (especially last year) but I think its pretty clear he has no interest in returning.


Last edited by Peter Puck: 06-15-2011 at 11:43 AM.
Peter Puck is offline  
Old
06-30-2011, 04:51 PM
  #902
Fel 96
JFC
 
Fel 96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Little Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 56,873
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
O'Byrne signs two year, $3.6 million deal with Avs #denverpost
http://twitter.com/#!/adater/status/86536680647049216

Hmm, seems overpaid a bit IMO.

Fel 96 is offline  
Old
06-30-2011, 06:30 PM
  #903
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
 
Jack Bourdain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montréal, QC.
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,164
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
Does not deserve a cent over 1M/year. Ew.

Jack Bourdain is offline  
Old
06-30-2011, 08:57 PM
  #904
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post
Does not deserve a cent over 1M/year. Ew.
Avs fans seem to love him. Didn't see many upset with the signing.

overlords is offline  
Old
07-05-2011, 07:36 AM
  #905
crystal ball
Registered User
 
crystal ball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: Ireland
Posts: 547
vCash: 500
Mats Naslund

Here's a blog about what the former Habs star is up to these days, for all you 80s fans: http://habsloyalist.blogspot.com/201...ailblazer.html

crystal ball is offline  
Old
07-05-2011, 08:05 AM
  #906
Schwang
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Kingston, Ont
Country: Canada
Posts: 887
vCash: 500
Thanks for posting. Naslund was always my favourite Hab! I still wear #26 whenever I get the chance to play ball hockey (I'm actually a goalie in ice hockey)

I was devastated when he joined the frickin hated Bruins!!

Schwang is offline  
Old
07-05-2011, 08:17 AM
  #907
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
 
Boris Le Tigre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: More Toast !
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 5,392
vCash: 500
Nice read... I don't remember Naslund wearing that Jofa helm... I thought that he used to wear a Torspo one... with spade like air holes in the side. Obviously he wore the Jofa one (photo-evidence)... funnny how hockey has changed since the 80's. Then, we would get "Hockey night in Canada" televised and maybe a game during the week.

Fast forward to the year 2011, and we get every game, players are in constant contact via twitter, etc... and we know when guys get new gear... new mask for Price, new pads for Price etc.. etc... etc... Brave New World

I really liked Mats too.

Boris Le Tigre is offline  
Old
07-05-2011, 08:45 AM
  #908
GoHomez
Registered User
 
GoHomez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: 8 km from the Globe
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,154
vCash: 500
Thanks, nice read!

GoHomez is offline  
Old
07-05-2011, 09:56 AM
  #909
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 23,695
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris Le Tigre View Post
Nice read... I don't remember Naslund wearing that Jofa helm... I thought that he used to wear a Torspo one... with spade like air holes in the side. Obviously he wore the Jofa one (photo-evidence)... funnny how hockey has changed since the 80's. Then, we would get "Hockey night in Canada" televised and maybe a game during the week.

Fast forward to the year 2011, and we get every game, players are in constant contact via twitter, etc... and we know when guys get new gear... new mask for Price, new pads for Price etc.. etc... etc... Brave New World

I really liked Mats too.
I got a Jofa back then cause he had a Jofa, as a kid Naslund was my favorite Hab, still have his jersery with the A on it, bought it sometime around '88 I believe although it's a little tight to wear I still break out from time to time.

montreal is offline  
Old
07-05-2011, 10:15 AM
  #910
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 33,335
vCash: 256
Good read, loved the little Viking, by far my favourite Hab growing up

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
07-05-2011, 10:26 AM
  #911
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
 
Boris Le Tigre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: More Toast !
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 5,392
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I got a Jofa back then cause he had a Jofa, as a kid Naslund was my favorite Hab, still have his jersery with the A on it, bought it sometime around '88 I believe although it's a little tight to wear I still break out from time to time.


That's the other one I remember...

The box-Jofa guys: Petr Klima, Patrick Sundstrom (burst on to the scene), Kjell Samuelsson, Christian Ruutu, their must be more.

The round-Jofa (I can't believe that peice of paper was legal)... Gretz, Mcsorley, many goons...

I also remember Gainey sans helmut and with a crazy looking bucket helmut...

I wore Cooper-alls and an xl-7... looking back those are possibly the two worst peices of hockey equipment that ever graced the retail shelves.

The one issue I agree with Grapes on is that the new equipment has contributed to the severity of injuries... I also think Grapes and his glorification of the hits and fights has contributed to these injuries... I know that it certainly had an impact on the way I played (running around trying to hit people).



I only wore them for a year before switching to the Messier-looking one.

Boris Le Tigre is offline  
Old
07-05-2011, 10:28 AM
  #912
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
 
Boris Le Tigre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: More Toast !
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 5,392
vCash: 500
better pic: Naslund with the Torspo


Boris Le Tigre is offline  
Old
07-05-2011, 10:38 AM
  #913
GoHomez
Registered User
 
GoHomez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: 8 km from the Globe
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,154
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris Le Tigre View Post


That's the other one I remember...

The box-Jofa guys: Petr Klima, Patrick Sundstrom (burst on to the scene), Kjell Samuelsson, Christian Ruutu, their must be more.

The round-Jofa (I can't believe that peice of paper was legal)... Gretz, Mcsorley, many goons...

I also remember Gainey sans helmut and with a crazy looking bucket helmut...

I wore Cooper-alls and an xl-7... looking back those are possibly the two worst peices of hockey equipment that ever graced the retail shelves.

The one issue I agree with Grapes on is that the new equipment has contributed to the severity of injuries... I also think Grapes and his glorification of the hits and fights has contributed to these injuries... I know that it certainly had an impact on the way I played (running around trying to hit people).



I only wore them for a year before switching to the Messier-looking one.
They were from the late fifties/early sixties, the first helmet JOFA made, they dont fare very well when compared to modern helmet.
I remember reading about Esa Tikkanen searching for these all over Finland and Sweden, buying them in any colour he found to have a steady supply. He probably went through a couple every season.

GoHomez is offline  
Old
07-05-2011, 11:00 AM
  #914
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
 
Boris Le Tigre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: More Toast !
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 5,392
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmontreal View Post
They were from the late fifties/early sixties, the first helmet JOFA made, they dont fare very well when compared to modern helmet.
I remember reading about Esa Tikkanen searching for these all over Finland and Sweden, buying them in any colour he found to have a steady supply. He probably went through a couple every season.
Esa the helmet horder!... he prolly sells them at a premium to all his old Oiler buddies. He's the only stop to get equiped for your old timers games.

The global market place has killed all the regional equipment makers. Used to be neat to see some dude out there completely decked out in his national gard. Now with Nike,Reebok making everything it's hard to tell these guys aprat but for the name tags.

Boris Le Tigre is offline  
Old
07-05-2011, 11:06 AM
  #915
Player 61
#Winning
 
Player 61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,172
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Good memories, our last 100+ point guy.

Player 61 is offline  
Old
07-05-2011, 11:28 AM
  #916
GoHomez
Registered User
 
GoHomez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: 8 km from the Globe
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,154
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris Le Tigre View Post
Esa the helmet horder!... he prolly sells them at a premium to all his old Oiler buddies. He's the only stop to get equiped for your old timers games.

The global market place has killed all the regional equipment makers. Used to be neat to see some dude out there completely decked out in his national gard. Now with Nike,Reebok making everything it's hard to tell these guys aprat but for the name tags.
Yeah, the earlier ones have become somewhat collectable!
No crazy money of course, but 15 years ago they were basically handed out to kids in kindergarten, not anymore.

True, true. Remember brands like Heaton, WinnWell, CCM, KOHO and Jofa and so on...

GoHomez is offline  
Old
07-05-2011, 01:35 PM
  #917
Ohashi_Jouzu
Registered User
 
Ohashi_Jouzu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Halifax
Country: Japan
Posts: 22,898
vCash: 500
Chalk me up as another who held Mats as his favourite Hab back in the day (and then came Patrick Roy, of course). Going back to Sweden and then coming back to play with the Bruins was all kinds of wrong. Article was a good read.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline  
Old
07-07-2011, 11:50 PM
  #918
Hab-a-maniac
Registered User
 
Hab-a-maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Toronto via Calgary!
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,204
vCash: 500
Anyone Seen This?

Not sure if it's been posted but this is classic. We will see major hypocrisy from hypocrite #1 Jack Edwards next season haha.


Hab-a-maniac is offline  
Old
07-08-2011, 12:08 AM
  #919
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,053
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hab-a-maniac View Post
Not sure if it's been posted but this is classic. We will see major hypocrisy from hypocrite #1 Jack Edwards next season haha.

What if Pouliot wasn't gutless?(that is the question of the video).

To that I answer...well, then he wouldn't be able to be a Boston Bruin

Andy is offline  
Old
07-08-2011, 12:10 AM
  #920
BobbyFischer*
 
BobbyFischer*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,864
vCash: 500
LOL @ the lightning signing all ex-hab players, what the hell is up with that??

BobbyFischer* is offline  
Old
07-08-2011, 12:12 AM
  #921
Little Nilan
Registered User
 
Little Nilan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Praha
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 8,209
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
I choose White over Lappierre every time!
Seriously, the Habs just need to stop trading real NHL talent for nothing every year. It's idiotic, it's going to bite them in the ass.

Little Nilan is offline  
Old
07-08-2011, 12:47 AM
  #922
Habs Junkie
Registered User
 
Habs Junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,109
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyFischer View Post
LOL @ the lightning signing all ex-hab players, what the hell is up with that??
I was gonna quote Avery there but I might get an infraction

Habs Junkie is offline  
Old
07-08-2011, 12:54 AM
  #923
Ohashi_Jouzu
Registered User
 
Ohashi_Jouzu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Halifax
Country: Japan
Posts: 22,898
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyFischer View Post
LOL @ the lightning signing all ex-hab players, what the hell is up with that??
This might make a few brains melt around here, but I think there's a possibility that other teams see our players as well-coached and prepared - and perhaps, by extension, easy to coach and quick to learn. Pretty crazy, I know. Not a bad intangible to have if you already have the other skills/traits a GM is looking to add to his team.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline  
Old
07-08-2011, 01:10 AM
  #924
Habs Junkie
Registered User
 
Habs Junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,109
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
This might make a few brains melt around here, but I think there's a possibility that other teams see our players as well-coached and prepared - and perhaps, by extension, easy to coach and quick to learn. Pretty crazy, I know. Not a bad intangible to have if you already have the other skills/traits a GM is looking to add to his team.
I think the pressure a player gets playing for the Habs on a regular basis is something GMs look at too. Being put under such a microscope in Montreal, eventually most players will end up looking bad over an 82 game season, but in a place like Tampa who cares? For most fans they seem as their doing better elsewhere because we normally hear of them only when they produce.

Habs Junkie is offline  
Old
07-08-2011, 01:15 AM
  #925
Kimota
Nation of Poutine
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 22,305
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyFischer View Post
LOL @ the lightning signing all ex-hab players, what the hell is up with that??
Management is full of ex-Habs that have seen these players play.

Kimota is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:07 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.