HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Aaron Palushaj

Old
06-25-2011, 04:29 PM
Miller Time

vCash: 500
i hope he has a great summer, strong camp, and then stays healthy to start the season in Hamilton...

depending on what happens this summer roster-wise, he's basically our first top-9 injury call-up.

i'm intrigued to see what we have in him, would like to see him get a solid 15-20 games with the big club this year (hopefully not much more than that, since it would likely come at the cost of longer injuries in our top-9), but otherwise play a dominant 1st-line role in Hamilton and get a solid year in as a go-to pt producer in the AHL.

Miller Time is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 05:48 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Not likely. Didn't look NHL ready in his 3 games. He'll probably get more games this year, 10-15, but shouldn't make the team.

If anyone, Engqvist might.
Agreed, I could see Engqvist perhaps making the team, Palushaj I expect to see him spend most of the year in Hamilton and they will need him in a big way at this point in time at least, to carry the bulk of the offense. But he should see some games with the Habs as well since injuries are bound to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris Le Tigre View Post
He looked good in his stint with us, I agree. Bigger-looking than I expeted. A good skater and played the position in a textbook style. I doubt he'll play many games next year. I think he's too far down the depth-chart, barring injury, to get many NHL games.
I didn't think he looked very good in his short stint with us, but I will say he looked great in Hamilton after coming back down so hopefully he builds off that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoBlues View Post
This is EXACTLY why I want him back!! My expectation is that he will make the team out of camp and at the very least be what you expect in Hamilton.
I would be shocked if he made the Habs out of camp, but I expect a big year from him in Hamilton.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 05:56 PM
NLHabsFan

I don't expect him to make the team, but if there are injuries he could see a few games than. I always seen him as a 3rd line RW when ready, that can bring some depth scoring and energy to a team, maybe fill-in top 6 when needed. Do you see him as a top 6 talent?

NLHabsFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 06:16 PM
Roulin

As a general rule, a scorer should dominate in the AHL before being considered for a regular spot in the NHL. Palushaj hasn't done that. Hopefully he takes that step forward and becomes a dominant AHL this season, and then we'll see if he fits on the big team.

IMO Palushaj's upside is D'Agostini. A secondary scorer who can play on the 2nd line on a good day, who probably needs some PP time to be useful.

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 07:15 PM
jlgib21*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
As a general rule, a scorer should dominate in the AHL before being considered for a regular spot in the NHL. Palushaj hasn't done that. Hopefully he takes that step forward and becomes a dominant AHL this season, and then we'll see if he fits on the big team.

IMO Palushaj's upside is D'Agostini. A secondary scorer who can play on the 2nd line on a good day, who probably needs some PP time to be useful.
I see Ben Maxwell lite. i saw the same lack of fire in his short time here as I did with Maxwell's initial call-up. Anyone who tHinks he has 2nd line potential has their rose-coloured glasses turned up on high,or are high themselves. Career scrub at best

jlgib21* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 10:52 PM
Eband00

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlgib21 View Post
I see Ben Maxwell lite. i saw the same lack of fire in his short time here as I did with Maxwell's initial call-up. Anyone who tHinks he has 2nd line potential has their rose-coloured glasses turned up on high,or are high themselves. Career scrub at best
Au contraire! Palushaj looked rly good when he was called up. Every time he was on the ice something was happening! He looked fired up but lacked the finishing touch, but he had good chances!

Eband00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 10:58 AM
Vasculio
Booya !

Quote:
Lack of fire ?? Wtf are you talking about ?? He was playing in traffic, tried his best, the thing with him is that it was simply too fast, and he needs to get stronger, aside that he has the instincts, puck skills, vision. I could see a decent complementary offensive player down the road.

Vasculio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 11:09 AM
Gainey#1*

Palushaj is a prospect that I find easy to "forget" about.

I checked out his profile and was shocked to realize he is only 21 years old. D'Agostini is 24 years old.

We need to have some patience with this kid. If he can bulk up and get to around 195lbs that would be ideal.

Hopefully he can be a future contribute to this team. He has amazing speed, so he will fit right into our transition style.

Gainey#1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 02:55 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post

Palushaj was known for his playmaking abilities, not so much for goal scoring. He played on what was one of the top lines in the AHL and was one of the Dogs best players all year. I don't know what his upside is, don't like the comparision to D'Ago since they are very different players, D'Agostini is a streaky one way type, Palushaj is more hard working, doesn't have the shot but plays a much more complete all round game and mixes it up way more then D'Ago ever did.

Quote:
Palushaj doesn't compare well to Maxwell. Maxwell played scared and avoided heavy traffic areas with the puck, Palushaj doesn't. Maxwell always shyed way from the rough stuff (most of the time at least) Palushaj runs his mouth and gets involved after the whistle. I wouldn't put much stock into his 3 game callup, he plays with plenty of fire. My concern for him is his lack of strength, but I'd be a little surprised if he doesn't turn into a decent NHL in a couple years, whereas Maxwell I didn't see as a future full time NHLer due to being so soft and playing like he was scared of his shadow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eband00 View Post
Au contraire! Palushaj looked rly good when he was called up. Every time he was on the ice something was happening! He looked fired up but lacked the finishing touch, but he had good chances!
I personally didn't think Palushaj looked good at all when he was called up but one thing for sure is this kid doesn't lack fire. He's not going to be like Ryan White but he will get hated on by opposing teams/fans cause he will run his mouth and get his nose dirty from time to time. Not saying he's going to be a Lappy type just that it will likely be a part of his game.

Old
06-27-2011, 01:15 AM
DieHeartRedWingsFan

When Aaron play his first NHL game. He almost score. He should play more then 3 games. The more you play in NHL. The better you get. If he doesn't play good in NHL next year. Send him back to AHL.

DieHeartRedWingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2011, 02:22 AM
JimmyDarmody

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontrealCanadiensFan View Post
When Aaron play his first NHL game. He almost score. He should play more then 3 games. The more you play in NHL. The better you get. If he doesn't play good in NHL next year. Send him back to AHL.
Do you know Aaron Palushaj in real life?

JimmyDarmody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2011, 06:07 AM
FiveForDrawingBlood

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontrealCanadiensFan View Post
Do you think Aaron Palushaj will play for Montreal Canadiens next year? Like he did this year. He play 3 game in NHL and I through he was good.
He's got some talent I tell you that. Problem I see is he good enough to bump one of top 6 forwards? He's not a physical player nor energy player. I've learned from past years best for team to get appropriate players to play on back lines instead of guys who aren't quite good enough to play top 2 lines.

FiveForDrawingBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2011, 01:39 PM
Frankc

Well giving the fact that Pouliot probably won't be back (according to Renaud Lavoie), it gives better chances to Palushaj to crack the lineup now.

Last edited by Frankc: 06-27-2011 at 01:47 PM.
Frankc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 05:08 PM
DieHeartRedWingsFan

Yea and I'm his fan. I think he should play in NHL and see how good he is. The more you play the better you get.

Old
07-01-2011, 06:54 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveForDrawingBlood View Post
He's got some talent I tell you that. Problem I see is he good enough to bump one of top 6 forwards? He's not a physical player nor energy player. I've learned from past years best for team to get appropriate players to play on back lines instead of guys who aren't quite good enough to play top 2 lines.
No need to play on the top 6..

A third line of MaxPac Desharnais Palushaj could support our top 2 lines easily..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 06:59 PM
DieHeartRedWingsFan

I'm thinking to get a Palushaj website made. What one do you think I should get?

aaronpalushaj.com
aaronpalushaj.net
aaronpalushaj.org

I don't know but I was thinking to get his own fan website made. What one should I get made?

I don't know when it will get made. I was thinking to get it made in few weeks.

Old
07-04-2011, 10:49 PM
Eband00

lol, really? Why are u so high on Palushaj. I mean, he's a good young player, but nothing great...

It's as if i get high on Ryan Russell...

Eband00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 10:57 PM
hiphopyoassonhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
No need to play on the top 6..

A third line of MaxPac Desharnais Palushaj could support our top 2 lines easily..
Haha that would be the exact 1st line of Hamilton last season

hiphopyoassonhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 08:48 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eband00 View Post
lol, really? Why are u so high on Palushaj. I mean, he's a good young player, but nothing great...

It's as if i get high on Ryan Russell...
Palushaj is a solid prospect and stands a good chance of being an NHLer in a couple years. If Russell was only bigger and stronger he could be a NHLer as well, so damn fast and hard working, great on the PK, Martin would love him.

Old
07-05-2011, 08:57 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plekamaniac View Post
Palushaj is a prospect that I find easy to "forget" about.

I checked out his profile and was shocked to realize he is only 21 years old. D'Agostini is 24 years old.

We need to have some patience with this kid. If he can bulk up and get to around 195lbs that would be ideal.

Hopefully he can be a future contribute to this team. He has amazing speed, so he will fit right into our transition style.
Yeah believe it or not he has potential to be a more well rounded D'Agostini. He's also played with Pacioretty at the junior level as I recall. They were line mates. (Uni of Michigan)

I think that's why he was always on the habs radar. The trade has the potential to make St. Louis look stupid if he does turn out to be a more well rounded D'ags imo. If that happens they better hope Halak pans out, Eller imo will.

D'agostini wasn't a fit for us anyways. Have you see him play since though? He's actually gotten a lot better and he's bulked up. Looks like a man out there now. So far the trade works for St. Louis as he produces and is cheap. In a few years I think the trade works for us. Our org was high enough on this guy to trade back a couple years. They must see something in him.

When he was up he wasn't a liability. That's more than I can say for most newly brought up players. Also if you look at his development curve at every level this looks to be the year he makes it.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 09:03 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Yeah believe it or not he has potential to be a more well rounded D'Agostini. He's also played with Pacioretty at the junior level as I recall. They were line mates. (Uni of Michigan).

They weren't on the same line at Michigan, Pacioretty was on the top line, Palushaj was on the 2nd or 3rd line his freshman year. Pacioretty also took CCHA rookie of the year over Palushaj but both had good Freshman years.

Old
07-05-2011, 09:06 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
They weren't on the same line at Michigan, Pacioretty was on the top line, Palushaj was on the 2nd or 3rd line his freshman year. Pacioretty also took CCHA rookie of the year over Palushaj but both had good Freshman years.
Ahh my bad then. Thought I had heard that around here

Either way it's a possible reason he was on their radar.

Old
07-05-2011, 09:08 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

I think the best thing the Habs could is leave Palushaj at least to start next year in the AHL. He has a chance to be a pretty good 2nd or 3rd liner but needs to fill out and get stronger.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 09:21 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I think the best thing the Habs could is leave Palushaj at least to start next year in the AHL. He has a chance to be a pretty good 2nd or 3rd liner but needs to fill out and get stronger.
I think you are right but I also think he'll be up latest by next year. I don't believe he'll need more than max 1 full more season in the AHL.

This is his year, he's going to dominate. He has Trotter with him both players will be good.

Old
07-07-2011, 09:37 PM
DieHeartRedWingsFan

I think Palushaj should play half year in AHL. Then he should play like 4 games in NHL. If he good in NHL. Then keep him. If he not good. Then send him back to AHL. He was good in playoff in AHL. His team lost by one game. Still his team was good.