HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

How many of you used to post on the old washcaps.com board?

Old
07-04-2011, 10:51 PM
mitchdisaster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by usiel View Post
They still have those PCOI pickup games? I played a bunch of those games early on but its been a couple of years I think.
Hate to quote the same post twice, but just by chance I saw on peerless's blog that their doing sign-up for another dave fay game right now on bumperboards.. Game is scheduled for July 23.

mitchdisaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 11:03 PM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to usiel
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchdisaster View Post
Most of the people left and went to bumperboards, I lost touch with everyone. Were you MD or VA? I was MD.
I was on VA. Usually played D. I thought I recognized your username .

07-05-2011, 07:06 AM
Drake1588
UNATCO

Was there for a while from about the 1999-2000 season, I think. Went downhill after a while. There was another Net54 board, and this one. The OBs were pretty cool at one time. Good hockey conversation. Devolved after a while and I stopped going there. Now I pretty much only come here for the hockey talk.

Drake1588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 07:38 AM
strungout
Professional Killer

Yeah, I was there.

The ban ends on Jul 30 2032 @ 10:39 PM.

strungout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 07:55 AM
stanleycaps98
I cheer for laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake1588 View Post
Was there for a while from about the 1999-2000 season, I think. Went downhill after a while. There was another Net54 board, and this one. The OBs were pretty cool at one time. Good hockey conversation. Devolved after a while and I stopped going there. Now I pretty much only come here for the hockey talk.
And don't forget the drama with Net54 1 and the current one. The old washcaps.com (1990's) was ok for about ten minutes, but HF and JP's provides a lot more thoughtful dialogue.

stanleycaps98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 08:01 AM
stanleycaps98
I cheer for laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by strungout View Post
Yeah, I was there.

Maybe by then, you can congratulate the team on a SC victory.

stanleycaps98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 08:03 AM
Drake1588
UNATCO

Quote:
Yeah, I was there.

Curse you, Parker!

Old
07-05-2011, 08:04 AM
BobRouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomppav View Post
I think the first boards for me were ESPN and WashPost around 97-2001. If I remember correct I posted there as FinnCapsfan. I've been on OB too, but left it because it became quite an annoying board when Ovie joined the team and bandwagoners woke up.
Yeah I was on the ESPN boards and then Washcaps.com. I remember you from ESPN for certain.

I had so many user names due to multiple bannings. I asked for it tho!

BobRouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 08:07 AM
Drake1588
UNATCO

True. There was the first Net54 boards, the fall of the bannination hammer and mass exodus, then the Puckboards (still around and where I still check in every once in a while) and then on a parallel track, the OBs leading to yet another set of boards, where I never signed up.

Old
07-05-2011, 10:52 AM
Serial_Derecho

Send a message via Yahoo to Serial_Derecho
I was BarnabySUX way back on those original boards, then changed to DuggerWV on those "new ones" back around 2005-ish?

I do miss the days of pie, Flex's weekdays with Mario (which i still think of as "O(h) I Ram!" -- mario spelled backwards) , and the countless other debauchery that happened in the good 'ole days before everything went to hell.

Serial_Derecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 10:56 AM
Roccoman

wow blast from the past lol

i recognize almost every handle mentioned here... i posted there for years before finding this place, then pretty much stopped going there...

Roccoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 11:27 AM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Yeah, I was there.

EXiled with Tinner...

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 11:54 AM
Marshall
Too right, man.

Quote:
Yeah, I was there.

I remember that. Epic.

Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 11:56 AM
Foy

I was on there a lot. I posted more to talk with friends on there, and talk actual hockey over here. The more I was over there, the more I completely ignored any actual hockey talk on those boards.

Last edited by Foy: 07-05-2011 at 12:12 PM.
Foy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 09:27 AM
HeyMattyB
Caps Fan in Philly

There under a similar name. Posted a bit, but not a ton, before the big switchover. I steered clear of the Anything But Hockey side, though.

HeyMattyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 01:35 PM
Kazer

I posted there for quite a while under the same handle.

Kazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 03:37 PM
BTCG

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobRouse View Post
Yeah I was on the ESPN boards and then Washcaps.com. I remember you from ESPN for certain.

I had so many user names due to multiple bannings. I asked for it tho!
I'll never forget picking him up from the airport when he came here from Finland for a visit.

Some things just stand out in one's mind, like when Olie made this unbelieveable stop. Tommpa screamed:

"UNBELIEVEABLE!!!"

Great guy, and from what he told us, a pretty fair bass player. We never got to hear him, but I believe him.

BTCG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 07:47 PM
exwhaler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake1588 View Post
I first posted there sometime during the 2001 off-season, I think. It was good for a while, but when the team started to go downhill, the boards went to heck in a handbasket. I would periodically check in up until the new boards (usually when there was no hockey going on), but mostly spent my time elsewhere, like here and the two Net54 boards.

exwhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 01:09 AM
jr77812

Haven't posted in a long time...but seeing some old names just wanted to give a shout out.
Still rooting for the Pirates...
-JR

jr77812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 10:09 AM
BobRouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCup2012 View Post
EXiled with Tinner...
I eventually got back on towards the end there and then they shut it down to conform to the new NHL board format or whatever. I was too lazy to make another profile and just hopped over the Bumpers boards and will go back and forth between here and there but haven't been there in a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCG View Post
I'll never forget picking him up from the airport when he came here from Finland for a visit.

Some things just stand out in one's mind, like when Olie made this unbelieveable stop. Tommpa screamed:

"UNBELIEVEABLE!!!"

Great guy, and from what he told us, a pretty fair bass player. We never got to hear him, but I believe him.
I def remember you there too bro. There were some pretty heated arguments there and I would always just hook up the popcorn and kick back to watch everyone verbally assault each other like no tomorrow. that was fun.

I really liked that real bitter dude (he had dino in his name somewhere) who even posted on the WashCaps boards after for a bit. I respect anyone who is extremelly bitter.

BobRouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 10:40 AM
The Viking Fury

I registered there after the 2003 series loss to Tampa Bay. I got banned around the time they traded Jagr for Anson Carter. Same username.

The Viking Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 03:25 PM
Tomppav

Send a message via AIM to Tomppav
Quote:

"UNBELIEVEABLE!!!"
Hey, it WAS unbelieveable stop!

That week is still one of the best ones in my whole life. Still owe you guys a lot!

Quote:
I must have drunk too many beers if I have said that

Tomppav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 08:22 PM
kicksavedave
yeahright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomppav View Post
Hey, it WAS unbelieveable stop!

That week is still one of the best ones in my whole life. Still owe you guys a lot!

I must have drunk too many beers if I have said that
Haha, I may have had too many beers also, but Tomppa stayed with me in Sterling and played a little bass, I thought he was Geddy Lee!

I still remember touring the Caps locker room after a game, got a bunch of pictures from that meet up before the game too. See how many faces you can recognize?

BTW, Tomppa, I'm in Southern California now, if you ever wanna come visit again

kicksavedave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 08:26 PM
kicksavedave
yeahright

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobRouse View Post
I eventually got back on towards the end there and then they shut it down to conform to the new NHL board format or whatever. I was too lazy to make another profile and just hopped over the Bumpers boards and will go back and forth between here and there but haven't been there in a while.

I def remember you there too bro. There were some pretty heated arguments there and I would always just hook up the popcorn and kick back to watch everyone verbally assault each other like no tomorrow. that was fun.

I really liked that real bitter dude (he had dino in his name somewhere) who even posted on the WashCaps boards after for a bit. I respect anyone who is extremelly bitter.
Tobmello and I had some epic debates about the value of Calle Johanson, among other things I always thought he was a complete ******, until I met him in person and realized he was just like me

kicksavedave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 10:50 PM
LadyIce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serial_Derecho View Post
I was BarnabySUX way back on those original boards, then changed to DuggerWV on those "new ones" back around 2005-ish?

I do miss the days of pie, Flex's weekdays with Mario (which i still think of as "O(h) I Ram!" -- mario spelled backwards) , and the countless other debauchery that happened in the good 'ole days before everything went to hell.

I was on the old boards as CapsDC. I migrated to the Bumper Boards when the ABH boards went into meltdown.

If you were a charter member of the Bumper Boards and had trouble logging in, it's because when Bumper updated the boards, they had to have everyone re-register to get in.

PCOI has a thread over there for sign up for the Dave Fay game on July 23 at Kettler and they have a FB page for it. http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=178437188880582

I used to love Tuesdays with Mario. I wish I had those archived so I could read them. They had me in tears.

LadyIce is offline   Reply With Quote