General Sports Other sports without their own forum, and general sports talk

Wimbledon

Old
07-04-2011, 02:49 PM
Fire Sweeney

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiser008 View Post
Nadal played surprizingly poor today, but Nole did what he had to do.
Nadal just isn't that good. This time he wasn't facing a way pas his prime Federer or another no-name who doesn't hit winning shots but instead runs all over the court and hits a few drop shots here and there. Djokovic simply is now playing like a top player.

Fire Sweeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 08:29 PM
Epictetus
YNWA

vCash: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Seguin View Post
Nadal just isn't that good. This time he wasn't facing a way pas his prime Federer or another no-name who doesn't hit winning shots but instead runs all over the court and hits a few drop shots here and there. Djokovic simply is now playing like a top player.
rofl.

Epictetus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 09:15 PM
Lights
Midnight Machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris RS View Post
Bravo Nole !

What? You are joking, right? Nadal played as best as he always do.

The reason is simple why Novak owns him: he's physically on the same level with him, and his lefhanded forehand is useless against Novak as he has by far the best backhand witch completely destoys Rafa's forehand *.

*with a such a play he destroys everybody except Djoković for stated reasons.
I like your avatar

Anyways, I have to admit I'm a huge Fed fan, but Djoker is so good in all areas of the game technically or physically.
When he beat Fed at the 2007 Montreal Masters, I was very impressed...going through Roddick, Nadal, and then Fed in the final.
Then of course the 2007 USO final where he seriously threatened to take the first two sets despite losing in 3.

This year has been incredible with him putting it all together consistently

Lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 10:46 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deficient Mode View Post
Nadal has sustained a hairline fracture to his left foot and may be out 6 weeks:
http://www.tennis.com/articles/templ...3070&zoneid=25

I don't understand why this comes out now. Everyone knew something happened to Nadal in the Del Potro match, but the reports that came back afterward suggested that the MRI was negative. So the Nadal camp is manipulating the media one way or another. I just don't understand their incentive for concealing the nature of the injury. It's not like in hockey where players can target an injured part of your body. I guess Nadal would be criticized either way: if he lost and revealed it afterward, it would look like a pathetic excuse. If he revealed it during the tournament, it would look like a ruse to change his opponents' tactics. There were one or two points today where he sort of just gave up, but I think he would have lost at full health anyway. Overall Djokovic was out-hitting him from the baseline again.
He probably felt that if his opponents knew he was injured it would give them more confidence.

Fish on The Sand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 12:19 AM
Deficient Mode
Drilary Winton

Quote:
This was exactly the sort of thing people were saying about Federer in 2008: he was just beating up on weak opponents until finally a real challenger emerged. If a player dominates, his detractors can pull the "weak era" card, and conversely, if he doesn't win as many titles, it's because it's a "stronger era" according to his supporters.

Deficient Mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 10:57 AM
ComrieFanatic

Quote:
Nadal is quite good. Djokovic is simply playing better tennis than anyone in the world at the moment. I doubt Nadal beats Nole even if healthy, but having a fractured foot must have been tough to play through. Hopefully Nadal is ready for the US Open because I want to see a great tournament.

ComrieFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 11:30 AM
Epictetus
YNWA

vCash: 150
Djokovic is good but hes got a long way to go before being mentioned with Roger and Rafa.

Epictetus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 11:32 AM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

vCash: 50
Quote:
He was number 1 in the world. You don't become number 1 in the World by "not being that good". He has met his match now in Djokovic as they both have similar games but Federer still poses a threat.

Shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 12:26 PM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Tyler Seguin the poster is nothing but a troll, he just says stuff like that to get a rise out of people.

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote