HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Schenn vs Couturier

Old
06-29-2011, 11:40 AM
boodangleroo28

vCash: 500
Schenn vs Couturier

Now that Richie n Carter have been replaced.... Who does everyone think will have the greatest impact on the Flyers in the future Schenn or Couturier?

boodangleroo28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 11:45 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Hidden pick! Stamkos!

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 11:48 AM
orange is better
than other colors...

Schenn might have more offensive upside, but couturier is the more complete player.

I think couturier will evolve into an elite shut down centerman while consistently putting up 60-70 points. Maybe even more than that if he develops his physical game and learns to use his body to gain space at the NHL level.

My vote is for couturier. He's going to be the best player from this draft year. Mark my words.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 11:49 AM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Couturier. Just personal preference from me. I will always take a better two-way player than a more offensive one.

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 11:50 AM
OriginJM
watch out im smart

a yellow Labrador

ladies and gents meet your new Flyers superstar

OriginJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 11:55 AM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
Schenn might have more offensive upside, but couturier is the more complete player.

I think couturier will evolve into an elite shut down centerman while consistently putting up 60-70 points. Maybe even more than that if he develops his physical game and learns to use his body to gain space at the NHL level.

My vote is for couturier. He's going to be the best player from this draft year. Mark my words.
4th best after Larsson, RNH, and Landeskog. But I'll stick take 4th best at 8th overall

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 12:35 PM
Hollywood Couturier

I'll be the first to say Schenn then.

Hollywood Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 01:23 PM
Sneekypete

If both players reach there potential would you rather have Mike Richards or Joe Thornton?
If both players don`t fully blossom would u rather have Bobby Holik(Schenn) or Joel Otto(Couturier)?

Sneekypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 01:58 PM
McNasty

It's tough to say, they both project to be very good centers at the NHL level. I think Couturier's size makes him a better option as a 3rd line center. Similar to the situation we had last year with no #1 line I think that's what you're going to see down the road with Schenn and Couturier.

If forced to pick one I would say Schenn at this point, but Couturier's ceiling is every bit as high if his offensive game blossoms.

McNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 02:04 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boodangleroo28 View Post
Now that Richie n Carter have been replaced.... Who does everyone think will have the greatest impact on the Flyers in the future Schenn or Couturier?
No clue. But it will be fun to find out. I am really excited about the future of this team and cannot wait to see how everything shakes out.

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 02:46 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Originally Posted by PycckuuRocket10 View Post
4th best after Larsson, RNH, and Landeskog. But I'll stick take 4th best at 8th overall
Did you seriously stick Landeskog in there ahead of Couturier?

Landeskog was the most NHL ready forward in this draft and has the highest floor, but he also has the lowest ceiling.

Landeskog will make more of an immediate impact, but Couturier will by far be the better player long term.

And beyond that, it's pretty close between Larsson, RNH, and Couturier... I'm inclined to believe Couturier will be better than RNH, but Larsson will be the best pick of the draft.

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 03:25 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

All I have to say is why did the Devils have to land Larsson

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 01:30 PM
bp spec

Quote:
Originally Posted by PycckuuRocket10 View Post
Couturier. Just personal preference from me. I will always take a better two-way player than a more offensive one.
Same here.

bp spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 11:47 AM
sakicisgod

Is Schenn even more OFFENSIVE than Couturier? Just because Couts has a good defensive game doesn't mean he lacks offense. He had the best PPG out of anyone in his draft class, COMING off of MONO!!

sakicisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 12:14 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlansd View Post
Did you seriously stick Landeskog in there ahead of Couturier?

Landeskog was the most NHL ready forward in this draft and has the highest floor, but he also has the lowest ceiling.

Landeskog will make more of an immediate impact, but Couturier will by far be the better player long term.

And beyond that, it's pretty close between Larsson, RNH, and Couturier... I'm inclined to believe Couturier will be better than RNH, but Larsson will be the best pick of the draft.

I agree with most of what you say here but it's a little ridiculous to throw that statement in there at this point. Landeskog is going to be a stud.

Bob Clarke Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 12:16 PM
Wayne Train
who is lord stanley?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginJM View Post
a yellow Labrador

ladies and gents meet your new Flyers superstar

Damn that's funny, nice contribution to the thread bud!

Wayne Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 12:16 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakicisgod View Post
Is Schenn even more OFFENSIVE than Couturier? Just because Couts has a good defensive game doesn't mean he lacks offense. He had the best PPG out of anyone in his draft class, COMING off of MONO!!

Schenn got a lot of Mike Richards comparisons IIRC. Couturier reminds me of a Richards/Carter hybrid. Hits more than Carter slicker offensively than Richards at that age.

Old
07-05-2011, 12:17 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyer Rob View Post
Damn that's funny, nice contribution to the thread bud!

Yellow lab gets full NMC.

Old
07-05-2011, 03:04 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

This is a tough one. Couturier is not only good defensively, he's also very good offensively. Scouts for the World Junior team in Canada have said on numerous occasions that Couturier's vision for the game is what sets him apart from everyone else. Not even RNH has the vision that Couturier has. Scouts have also said that Couturier was the one guy that was unfairly targeted by other scouts over the years. They were looking for any way to knock him down a peg or two.

As for Schenn, he's just a buzzsaw on the ice. He's a slick offensive player that might not have the defensive acumen that's being thrown around by others. You want a real fair comparison for Schenn? Look no further than Giroux and you've got Schenn. Schenn has the capacity to be a star in the league.

For me, it all depends who is angriest. Schenn was lead to believe that he was going to be a big part of the Kings future and Couturier was at one time the top rated player going into his draft year. IF they both play angry, then I have to go with Couturier simply because of the size and the tenacity he brings to the table. If they don't play angry, then I'm going with Schenn because he has the better offensive skill set and as others have said, it's very easy to teach a player how to play defense.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 04:14 AM
Bryanbryoil
Bozo Buddies

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
This is a tough one. Couturier is not only good defensively, he's also very good offensively. Scouts for the World Junior team in Canada have said on numerous occasions that Couturier's vision for the game is what sets him apart from everyone else. Not even RNH has the vision that Couturier has. Scouts have also said that Couturier was the one guy that was unfairly targeted by other scouts over the years. They were looking for any way to knock him down a peg or two.

As for Schenn, he's just a buzzsaw on the ice. He's a slick offensive player that might not have the defensive acumen that's being thrown around by others. You want a real fair comparison for Schenn? Look no further than Giroux and you've got Schenn. Schenn has the capacity to be a star in the league.

For me, it all depends who is angriest. Schenn was lead to believe that he was going to be a big part of the Kings future and Couturier was at one time the top rated player going into his draft year. IF they both play angry, then I have to go with Couturier simply because of the size and the tenacity he brings to the table. If they don't play angry, then I'm going with Schenn because he has the better offensive skill set and as others have said, it's very easy to teach a player how to play defense.
Sorry but I'm not sure where you've heard that, but when you have scouts saying that RNH has the best vision that they've seen in 20 years, chances are that it's better than Couturier's. Nothing against SC, he needs to add muscle and strength as well as work a little on his explosiveness, but he'll be a very good player for the Flyers.

As for the question of Schenn Vs. Couturier, IMO it's a year too early to get a good gauge on their potentials. At the moment I'd take Schenn because he seems to have more internal drive than Couturier from what I've seen of them. Both will be top notched NHLers though.

07-06-2011, 05:53 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Sorry but I'm not sure where you've heard that, but when you have scouts saying that RNH has the best vision that they've seen in 20 years, chances are that it's better than Couturier's. Nothing against SC, he needs to add muscle and strength as well as work a little on his explosiveness, but he'll be a very good player for the Flyers.

As for the question of Schenn Vs. Couturier, IMO it's a year too early to get a good gauge on their potentials. At the moment I'd take Schenn because he seems to have more internal drive than Couturier from what I've seen of them. Both will be top notched NHLers though.
Over-exaggeration.

RNH has better vision than Couturier, but I'd be absolutely shocked if he ends up having better vision than guys like Thornton, St. Louis, Savard, Forsberg, H. Sedin, and even more recent players like Giroux and Backstrom.

His vision could end up making him as good a passer as those guys, but let's not jump to conclusions with this one. There are certainly some elite passers in the NHL.

That said, RNH I feel might have a higher points potential at the NHL level, but may not be a better all-around player than Couturier. Meanwhile Couturier's offense may not fully make the jump to the NHL level though it certainly should to some extent.

We'll see how it goes.

I still think Larsson was the best player taken in this draft. RNH vs. Couturier are fighting for number 2. Huberdeau vs. Landeskog for the next set. Then it's Strome vs. Zibanejad vs. Hamilton.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 06:22 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Right now, Schenn, future, I'd say both.

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 06:29 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

I think RNH is severely overrated. I'm kinda glad that we were not able to take Landeskog too. I think Couturier is going to be one of those players that in years time people will wonder why the hell he didn't go first overall. I see him as having all the tools after working hard to become a two way player before a point producer. That takes allot of doing as a young tennager, to sacrifice awards and points to become a more complete player.

His defense looks exceptional.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 07:11 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Joacim Eriksson

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 09:00 AM
flyguys7475

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakicisgod View Post
couturier wouldve been a top 4 pick if he didnt get mono...if not the number 1 pick. ill take him at number 8 though

flyguys7475 is offline   Reply With Quote