HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Offseason Movement Thread II (Acq./Rstr. Bldg./Cap Mgt.)

Closed Thread

Old
07-05-2011, 02:02 PM
QuadrupleDeke
33% more deke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
Semin and conditional picks for the rights to Radulov?
I like this option a lot, too.

Old
07-05-2011, 02:08 PM
strungout
Professional Killer

Semin for a 2nd to whoever.

Take it and run.

Old
07-05-2011, 02:08 PM
ChibiPooky
Caps/Avs/Bills fan

vCash: 50
Pavelski is my drool scenario. Staal is 2nd drool.

Old
07-05-2011, 02:09 PM
Vladiator16
R.I.P - Loko.

Quote:
Now thats very intriguing...

Old
07-05-2011, 02:09 PM
ChibiPooky
Caps/Avs/Bills fan

I don't know anything about Radulov... someone enlighten me?

Old
07-05-2011, 02:12 PM
EroCaps

Quote:
Seriously?

The Radulov currently in Russia?

I'll keep the headcase with higher upside.

If they trade Semin for a defenseman they'll need to turn around and move Schultz for a top 6 forward. (Which would be fantastic, but require a lot of creativity).

Old
07-05-2011, 02:13 PM
Capitlols

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroCaps View Post
Seriously?

The Radulov currently in Russia?

I'll keep the headcase with higher upside.

If they trade Semin for a defenseman they'll need to turn around and move Schultz for a top 6 forward. (Which would be fantastic, but require a lot of creativity).
This.

Seriously, Semin+ for Radulov, really?

Old
07-05-2011, 02:15 PM
Dirtbag59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appreci8 View Post
Ok, I'll play:
-Semin for Cammalleri
-Semin for Hornqvist
-Semin for...Philly doesn't work
-Semin+ for Staal
-Semin+ for Pavelski
-Semin for Kulemin
-Semin+ for Evander Kane
Actually Green for Pavelski would be most likely.

Quote:
Joe Pavelski Trade Rumors
Written by PuckMe
The San Jose Sharks continue to look for defenseman, and they are interested in Chris Phillips, Francois Beauchemin and Tomas Kaberle (the Sharks #1 target right now).

The Sharks might have to trade Joe Pavelski if they want to land a offensive defenceman. Not many teams have interest in Devin Setoguchi. The Sharks have been scouting the Leafs for over a month and would love to make a trade for Kaberle. They are willing to sign him to a 3 year contract also.
However Green isn't going anywhere. McPhee has already assigned blame to the loss against Tampa Bay towards a lack of puck moving defenseman.

If they somehow found a way to give up Semin for Pavelski I would do cartwheels. One of the few guys I wouldn't mind loosing a guy like Semin for. And the best part is Semin would be less likely to bolt to the KHL if he went to a contender like San Jose rather then a rebuilding team like Winnipeg.

Old
07-05-2011, 02:15 PM
third man in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appreci8 View Post
This.

Seriously, Semin+ for Radulov, really?
Radulov is younger, cheaper, and under team control longer. I would strongly consider it.

edit: I would think he wouldn't have problems coming to a contender where Ovie is the C either.

Old
07-05-2011, 02:17 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
Actually Green for Pavelski would be most likely.

However Green isn't going anywhere. McPhee has already assigned blame to the loss against Tampa Bay towards a lack of puck moving defenseman.

If they somehow found a way to give up Semin for Pavelski I would do cartwheels. One of the few guys I wouldn't mind loosing a guy like Semin for. And the best part is Semin would be less likely to bolt to the KHL if he went to a contender like San Jose rather then a rebuilding team like Winnipeg.
That rumor must be way outdated, because the Sharks don't need D anymore and they already traded Seto.

Old
07-05-2011, 02:17 PM
EroCaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by third man in View Post
Radulov is younger, cheaper, and under team control longer. I would strongly consider it.
Yeah, but you're missing the point. They aren't trading Semin because he's aging or too expensive. They'd move him because he's a world-class donkey. If he put up his #s every year with something between his ears his contract would not be an issue.

The Caps could get Radulov for less, anyways. He's not nearly as talented as Semin.

Old
07-05-2011, 02:18 PM
Dirtbag59

Quote:
Originally Posted by brs03 View Post
That rumor must be way outdated, because the Sharks don't need D anymore and they already traded Seto.
Got me, rumors from January.

Old
07-05-2011, 02:19 PM
Capitlols

Quote:

edit: I would think he wouldn't have problems coming to a contender where Ovie is the C either.
He's also a diva and not committed to play in the NHL.

Old
07-05-2011, 02:21 PM
IafrateOvie34

Pavelski or Ladd would be the players I would like in return for Semin, but I don't believe that will ever happen, particularly when Ladd just signed. I wouldn't trade Semin in the Eastern Conference either, unless it was massive overpayment. I don't think he would like Montreal either, the media there would kill him.

Old
07-05-2011, 02:21 PM
third man in

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroCaps View Post
Yeah, but you're missing the point. They aren't trading Semin because he's aging or too expensive. They'd move him because he's a world-class donkey. If he put up his #s every year with something between his ears his contract would not be an issue.

The Caps could get Radulov for less, anyways. He's not nearly as talented as Semin.
I don't understand your stance with Semin. He's a world class donkey who would garner a king's ransom in a trade?

I think Radulov would put up similar production (a little less) with a more consistent effort.

Old
07-05-2011, 02:22 PM
IafrateOvie34

Quote:
No Thanks.

Old
07-05-2011, 02:22 PM
Dirtbag59

Quote:
Originally Posted by IafrateOvie34 View Post
Pavelski or Ladd would be the players I would like in return for Semin, but I don't believe that will ever happen, particularly when Ladd just signed. I wouldn't trade Semin in the Eastern Conference either, unless it was massive overpayment. I don't think he would like Montreal either, the media there would kill him.
On the plus side he could only understand like half of the 26 Hab beat reporters.

Old
07-05-2011, 02:26 PM
ChibiPooky
Caps/Avs/Bills fan

So what would the Caps have to add to get Pavelski?

Old
07-05-2011, 02:26 PM
Raikkonen
In GMBT we trust

Radulov can play with any partners. He is not worse than Semin and I would think he's more useful.

His rights = 1 season of playing for 0,8M (then RFA). That's Kuznetsov but seasoned for 3-4 years while still on ELC. Crazy bonus.

It's an ultimate salary dump. No Semin = addition by substraction (that's a question, but such a POV have many in agreement).

Also NSH will need to dump some players due to internal budget. And they have to give us a good pick (like #1 good).

Thus I think NSH won't do this.

Kulemin is already very good himself. And cheap to it. He's trending up and he isn't headcase I think. Why would Toronto trade him for less physical more expensive soon to be UFA player with worse stats?

Pavelski is better than Semin I guess. And SJS already got Havlat. But that's a no brainer for us if available.

Normally I think Semin can't get such a return. But now with McPhee in god mode... anything can happen.

Old
07-05-2011, 02:27 PM
Capitlols

Quote:
I don't understand your stance with Semin. He's a world class donkey who would garner a king's ransom in a trade?

I think Radulov would put up similar production (a little less) with a more consistent effort.
Your essentially saying Radulov would unequivocally come to the play for the Caps just b/c of Ovechkin. He's motivated by money not playing in the best league in the world, plain and simple. The only reason he even considered coming back to Nashville was b/c of the financial problems of his KHL team.

Old
07-05-2011, 02:31 PM
Robert Theodorson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
I don't know anything about Radulov... someone enlighten me?
In short - the best player in the KHL

Old
07-05-2011, 02:31 PM
Dream Big

Quote:
Originally Posted by usiel View Post
Commence endless debating and nitpicking .

Previous thread: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=938937
So based on these calculations there is $4.430 mil available in the allowable 10% over? Is that enough to sign Brouwer and Alzner?

Sorry wanted to quote sk8. See below.

Old
07-05-2011, 02:32 PM
Raikkonen
In GMBT we trust

God Mode McPhee trades Semin to NSH for Radulov+

Before trade deadline NSH comes to conclusion they can't motivate Semin and can't resign him of course. They are searching for trade partners and only McPhee wants to borrow him.

Want to add anything?

Old
07-05-2011, 02:33 PM
ChibiPooky
Caps/Avs/Bills fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Big View Post
So based on these calculations there is $4.430 mil available in the allowable 10% over? Is that enough to sign Brouwer and Alzner?
Not until McPhee sends Schultz, Chimera and Fehr to Montreal for Cammalleri and Semin to SJ for Pavelski

Old
07-05-2011, 02:34 PM
Dream Big

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk84fun_dc View Post
I posted this near the end of the last thread, so I'm reposting it here:

In-season cap max for 2011-12: $64,300,000
Off-season cap max: 110% of $64,300,000 = $70,730,000

110% overage isn’t as simple as adding up a 23 player roster. This was more of an issue last summer with Nylander and Collins counting against the off-season cap hit, especially Nylander because the percentage of the overage space he took up with his cap hit had the potential to impact some off-season movement, but for clarification:

The Off-season 110% cap calculation includes the following:

- ALL players on one-way contracts. This season not much of an issue since Beagle and King are already accounted for in most scenarios, but even if someone plans to demote one or both, until (if) it happens before the season starts, they count against the cap this off-season (when there’s the 10% extra space.)

- Buyout cap hits (i.e., Sloan's 233,333 buyout cap hit)

- ALL RFA QOs – Prorated based on time on NHL roster previous season; for Alzner ($826,875) and Brouwer ($1,050,000) – they count at 100% of their QOs until the QOs expire or a contract is agreed to for each player. Obviously, once there’s a contract that’s the cap hit which will count. For Perreault, his RFA QO NHL salary counts pro-rated based on days on the NHL roster last season. (Also, G.O.D., Perreault’s QO should have been for $715,000 based on his ’10-11 NHL salary and the required 110% offer based on that salary.) He was on the roster for a little less than half the season.

- For other players under contract who spent time in the NHL and AHL, pro-rated NHL salary based on days on NHL roster last season counts against the off-season cap calculation…this includes Holtby, Aucoin, Patrick McNeill, Sean Collins, Potulny, and Sabourin. I haven’t done the math, but the 6 players combined pro-rated cap hit should be less than $500,000, I think it's actually less than $400,000 but I haven't run the detailed numbers.

So, estimating only, the current off-season cap hit calculation for the Washington Capitals is approximately $66,300,000.

Obviously, these numbers change as other changes are made including RFAs signing contracts.
Woops! I quoted the wrong one. According to this $4,430 mil is left? To sign Brouwer and Alzner. With nothing if we want Hannan.

Closed Thread