HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Salary Arbitration (Callahan on July 28, Dubinsky signs before hearing)

Closed Thread

Old
07-05-2011, 06:03 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

vCash: 500
Quote:
Four Rangers: Sauer, Boyle, Dubinsky and Callahan have filed for arbitration
https://twitter.com/#!/stevezipay/st...66880477286400

Old
07-05-2011, 06:06 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

All of the eligible players filed. No more possible offer sheets for them. The Rangers have more than 1 arbitration case so they will get the 2nd buyout window.

Old
07-05-2011, 06:07 PM
Axxion89

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Healthy Scratch View Post
AGAIN with Dubinsky
Again with this

Rangers tried to shaft him last season and offer him near league minimum. I would have done what he did too

Old
07-05-2011, 06:08 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Not to mention the guy was worth every penny he earned.

Old
07-05-2011, 06:08 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Mike Sauer also files for arbitration. That makes four Rangers; Anisimov not eligible.
https://twitter.com/#!/AGrossRecord/...68503958159360

Old
07-05-2011, 06:22 PM
ltrangerfan

If we suspend our belief, for the moment (all will be resigned) , and find out that the Rangers can only sign 3 of the 4 free agents ( at "reasonable" salaries) , which three would be must signings?

!)Boyle
2)Cally
3)Dubi or
4)Sauer

????

Old
07-05-2011, 06:28 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltrangerfan View Post
If we suspend our belief, for the moment (all will be resigned) , and find out that the Rangers can only sign 3 of the 4 free agents ( at "reasonable" salaries) , which three would be must signings?

!)Boyle
2)Cally
3)Dubi or
4)Sauer

????
They'll all be signed and are all important.

But to answer your question its Callahan, Dubinsky, and Sauer.

Old
07-05-2011, 06:32 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

NHLPA official list

Quote:
New York Rangers
Brian Boyle
Ryan Callahan
Brandon Dubinsky
Michael Sauer
http://www.nhlpa.com/News/Media-Rele...8-12BE5FD5DC42

Lauri Korpikoski and Blake Wheeler filed.

Old
07-05-2011, 06:40 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Just get long term contracts done on all four of these guys, please.

Old
07-05-2011, 06:42 PM
17futurecap

So the arbitration dates are from the 20th-4th, are they drawn at random to see who goes when?

Hoping most of these deal will be done before then, but was just wondering.

Old
07-05-2011, 06:44 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Just get long term contracts done on all four of these guys, please.
I'd love to see long term contracts for Dubi and Cally. 4+ years would be awesome, even if it drives the price up a little.

RANGERS =
Old
07-05-2011, 07:37 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

Here's what I expect to happen...

Callahan and Dubinsky sign multi year deals in the 4-6 year and $3.75-4.25 million per year range

Boyle gets a 1 year deal worth between $1.5 and $2 million

Thus those three avoid arbitration

Anisimov gets a 2 year deal worth between $1.5 and $2.25 million

The only one out of that list I can really see going to arbitration is Sauer. If McIlrath pans out, Sauer all of a sudden becomes very expendable. He's a good young defenseman, but a multi-year deal for him would be very irresponsible.

If he goes to arbitration, I can't see him getting more than $1.25 million. It would be in his and the Rangers' best interest to get a deal done. I think he gets a 1 or 2 year deal in the $1.5-1.75 million per season range.

Old
07-05-2011, 07:50 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
Here's what I expect to happen...

Callahan and Dubinsky sign multi year deals in the 4-6 year and $3.75-4.25 million per year range

Boyle gets a 1 year deal worth between $1.5 and $2 million

Thus those three avoid arbitration

Anisimov gets a 2 year deal worth between $1.5 and $2.25 million

The only one out of that list I can really see going to arbitration is Sauer. If McIlrath pans out, Sauer all of a sudden becomes very expendable. He's a good young defenseman, but a multi-year deal for him would be very irresponsible.

If he goes to arbitration, I can't see him getting more than $1.25 million. It would be in his and the Rangers' best interest to get a deal done. I think he gets a 1 or 2 year deal in the $1.5-1.75 million per season range.
Boyle will get 2-3 years, more likely 2. 1 year brings him to UFA. Sather never does that. He will buy at least 1 year of UFA.

Anisimov will likely get a 2 year deal, similar to what Dubi got on his 2nd contract. Artie will still be RFA when it's done.

Sauer isn't dependent on McIlrath. McI is still a year away, if not more. Sauer is 24. He will get a 2 year deal and still be RFA at the end of it.

Dubi and Cally will both sign for 4-5 years.

Old
07-05-2011, 07:55 PM
JayQueensNY88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Healthy Scratch View Post
AGAIN with Dubinsky
LMAO,for real..he"ll sign though.

Im hoping:
AA gets 3 yrs
Dubie gets 4 yrs
Sauer gets 4yrs
Callahan 6-8 yrs

Old
07-05-2011, 08:09 PM
ruckus*

Not sure I'd be willing to give Boyle anything more than 2 years...

And definitely not sure I agree that Sauer is expendable, especially if McIlrath is the rationale. Kid is minimum 2 years away. And anyone who watched Sauer last year couldn't possibly think he's expendable.

Old
07-05-2011, 08:16 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Boyle will get 2-3 years, more likely 2. 1 year brings him to UFA. Sather never does that. He will buy at least 1 year of UFA.

Anisimov will likely get a 2 year deal, similar to what Dubi got on his 2nd contract. Artie will still be RFA when it's done.

Sauer isn't dependent on McIlrath. McI is still a year away, if not more. Sauer is 24. He will get a 2 year deal and still be RFA at the end of it.

Dubi and Cally will both sign for 4-5 years.
I'm not sold Boyle can replicate what he did last season. Anything more than a 2 year deal would be a mistake as robruckus mentions below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robruckus View Post

And definitely not sure I agree that Sauer is expendable, especially if McIlrath is the rationale. Kid is minimum 2 years away. And anyone who watched Sauer last year couldn't possibly think he's expendable.
Don't get me wrong guys, I like Sauer as a player and would like to keep him around at least a couple more seasons. He brings a nasty element to the defense that this team has lacked since the pre-lockout days.

My point is that if McIlrath becomes something even close to what management thinks he is capable of, the defense is looking pretty crowded 2-3 years down the line. It's a good problem to have, but you figure that out of what we have, Sauer would most likely be the odd guy out given what he brings to the table and how similar it is to what McIlrath would bring.

Old
07-05-2011, 08:18 PM
eco's bones

Boyle might do a lot better than some people expect. Scored over 20 goals on the 3rd line. Led the team in shots on goals. Led the team in hits. Led the forwards in blocked shots--in fact was second among all NHL forwards--behind Mike Fisher in that category. These would seem to me to be marketable intangibles. Kills penalties. Pretty much a 50% faceoff guy.

Old
07-05-2011, 08:25 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Boyle might do a lot better than some people expect. Scored over 20 goals on the 3rd line. Led the team in shots on goals. Led the team in hits. Led the forwards in blocked shots--in fact was second among all NHL forwards--behind Mike Fisher in that category. These would seem to me to be marketable intangibles. Kills penalties. Pretty much a 50% faceoff guy.
He will get better on face-offs and he will only get stronger.

People writing him off as a 1-year wonder have another thing coming. This is a guy who took it upon himself to seek out Barb Underhill before it was the "cool" thing to do so that he could stick in the NHL. Do you think he lacks work ethic?

(This post is not totally directed at you Eco's)

Old
07-05-2011, 08:29 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Regarding Boyle: obviously wouldn't mind if we could get real value for him, but I think all other things being equal, they would keep him. Don't forget that the team traded to acquire him - they clearly saw something there even before he started working with Underhill.

Old
07-05-2011, 08:32 PM
JeffMangum
~anger~

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Regarding Boyle: obviously wouldn't mind if we could get real value for him, but I think all other things being equal, they would keep him. Don't forget that the team traded to acquire him - they clearly saw something there even before he started working with Underhill.
Also, he seems to be a big part of the locker room -- he seems like a guy that the entire team loves. Don't wanna mess with the chemistry of the group. Aside from that, I see no reason to move him unless a significant upgrade presents itself via trade -- he's a very versatile player, and one that Tortorella trusts in every situation imaginable. He still has room to improve, as well.

And lastly -- I ain't changing my name!

07-05-2011, 08:34 PM
ruckus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
I'm not sold Boyle can replicate what he did last season. Anything more than a 2 year deal would be a mistake as robruckus mentions below.

Don't get me wrong guys, I like Sauer as a player and would like to keep him around at least a couple more seasons. He brings a nasty element to the defense that this team has lacked since the pre-lockout days.

My point is that if McIlrath becomes something even close to what management thinks he is capable of, the defense is looking pretty crowded 2-3 years down the line. It's a good problem to have, but you figure that out of what we have, Sauer would most likely be the odd guy out given what he brings to the table and how similar it is to what McIlrath would bring.
That's one of those bridges I think you cross when you get to it. The 5th and 6th D on a team are usually pretty much wild cards. Del Zotto could come back and be the next coming of Leetch. Or he could be a complete bust in the NHL. There could be serious injuries. Trades. We just don't know what to expect. I think you have to take things day to day and year by year here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
He will get better on face-offs and he will only get stronger.

People writing him off as a 1-year wonder have another thing coming. This is a guy who took it upon himself to seek out Barb Underhill before it was the "cool" thing to do so that he could stick in the NHL. Do you think he lacks work ethic?

(This post is not totally directed at you Eco's)

I'm not writing him off. I liked Boyle last year. Granted he really fell off towards the end of the season, and that is a concern with him given his style of play. I'm just concerned with giving any player extended years and money based on one season. If Boyle is as good as you think he's going to be then he won't mind a significant raise, a two year deal, and a chance to sign for more after that.

Old
07-05-2011, 11:01 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Kurt Overhardt, Dubinsky’s agent, said, “This is a built-in, systemic part of the process; we’ll keep talking with the Rangers while we await arbitration and hope to come to an agreement before then.”

Dubinsky, who made $2 million last season, is believed to be seeking a contract worth roughly twice that.

Steve Bartlett, the agent for Callahan, who made $2.4 million last year, said he had not spoken with the Rangers recently, but said that might be because they had a new assistant general manager in charge of contracts, Jeff Gorton, replacing the previous official, Cam Hope.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/06/sp...er=rss&emc=rss

$4M per for each player. Ballpark figures.

Old
07-05-2011, 11:06 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/06/sp...er=rss&emc=rss

$4M per for each player. Ballpark figures.
Steve Bartlett, the agent for Callahan, who made $2.4 million last year, said he had not spoken with the Rangers recently, but said that might be because they had a new assistant general manager in charge of contracts, Jeff Gorton, replacing the previous official, Cam Hope.

Bad move if this is true. I hope Gorton is keeping his player personnel duties too.

Old
07-05-2011, 11:23 PM
DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Quote:
Originally Posted by robruckus View Post

How expendable he is would be based on the return. I love Sauer but if we had the opportunity to package him for a legit PMD I do it all day. PMDs like #1 Centers are hard to come by; hard nosed, stay at home defensemen not so much. Hopefully Del Zotto can be that guy within the next few seasons and I think he will be so long as he improves defensively.

Old
07-05-2011, 11:28 PM
CM PUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
All of the eligible players filed. No more possible offer sheets for them. The Rangers have more than 1 arbitration case so they will get the 2nd buyout window.
if we sign them all before their hearings do they still count as cases to trigger the buyout window? or do you have to actually go to arbitration?

Closed Thread