HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > The Lounge
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Lounge "...Where the parking lot of the Igloo meets the concourse of the Nassau County Coliseum and the bathroom line of the Skyreach..." - Wickedbsfan

GDT: William & Kate Visit Canada / Coming to L.A.!

View Poll Results: How excited are you about the royal's visit!?
I'm so excited 19 20.65%
Don't care 73 79.35%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Old
07-02-2011, 03:04 AM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 76ftw View Post
Can't imagine their being in Quebec City will go over well :/
For some reason, Québec City is much more federalist than Montréal. If something happens, it'll be here in Mtl.

The Russian General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 03:49 AM
usernam

Quote:
July 2: Montreal
Hope they come visit Montreal-Nord, we'll show them what monarchy really is.

Rich spoiled ****s

usernam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 07:15 AM
TheStranger

Such an embarassment when famous people come to Canada and we plan an itinerary for them. "Planting trees at Rideau Hall", really? I'm sure that's what they came to Canada to do.

TheStranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 11:28 AM
Fire Lindy
Trust the System

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStranger View Post
Such an embarassment when famous people come to Canada and we plan an itinerary for them. "Planting trees at Rideau Hall", really? I'm sure that's what they came to Canada to do.
It's tradition.

Fire Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 11:59 AM
Arthur*
U MAD?

What a great day for Canada, and therefore the world.

Arthur* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 12:38 PM
bicycles

nothing wrong with honouring your history. the stanley cup is just a hunk of metal, but if we stopped using it, i'm sure people would be pissed because it's tradition and part of hockey's history.

bicycles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 02:34 PM
awesomo
HARD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockFlagAndEagle View Post
It's tradition.
hahahaha this beautiful quote didnt escape me

awesomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 03:08 PM
Voodoo Child
Lǎobǎn

Don't care; Kate and Pippa Middleton = overrated.

Voodoo Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 03:49 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

I'm so excited. When do they stop at my place for a party?

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 04:38 PM
RandV
It's a wolf v2.0

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixcuincle View Post
So yeah mostly a bunch of excited females. Here in Vancouver when Bieber came to town a few hours before the concert there was like a parade of 200-300 young teen girls marching up and down Granville chanting "We want Justin!" That's the sort of thing some of them do, and if you're ranking these sort of things a genuine prince has to be the cream of the crop.

I mean in the fine art of gold digging, there's plenty of rich guys and famous people to be had out there, though usually the famous mingle with each other. But there's only a small handful of legitimate royalty left in the world, and snagging one would make a girl a real live princess.

In other words, it might not be quite the same but you could expect the same sort of crowds if/when they visit the States, security permitting.

RandV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 06:31 PM
Mike Emrick
Corsi's right

Angry protesters criticize harmless couple

Quote:
Prince William and Kate were met by a small group of protesters Saturday in the French-speaking province of Quebec as the royal couple visited a children's hospital during a nine-day journey through Canada on their first official overseas trip.

About 35 protesters, including members of the separatist group Reseau de Resistance du Quebecois, or Quebecker Resistance Network, stood outside Sainte-Justine University Hospital Centre in Montreal chanting "A united people will never be vanquished."

They carried signs that read "Parasites go home," "War Criminals," and "Your fortune came from the blood of our ancestors."

"It's a symbol of English dominance over Quebec," said 30-year-old lawyer Antoine Pich of the couple's visit.
Quote:
The demonstrations were a rare moment of criticism aimed at the young royals, who have for the most part been welcomed with open arms by Canadians eager to catch a glimpse of the glamorous newlyweds.

The protesters were outnumbered about 10 to one by William and Kate supporters gathered outside the hospital. "Give me one good reason why you should hate someone. They're good people," said Elyane Lafontaine, 51.

Mike Emrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 07:14 PM
Apaharn

Quote:
So you are saying that if one criticizes the royal couple, one is no better than some dirty separatist?

Apaharn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 05:55 PM
DeathFromAbove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apaharn View Post
To be angry at Will and Kate = new hipsterdom.

They would tell you where the anger originated, but it is too obscure and chances you would not have heard of it.
It's not hard to understand why people are pissed that their tax dollars are being wasted on pointless celebrities

DeathFromAbove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 06:12 PM
octopi

vCash: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathFromAbove View Post
It's not hard to understand why people are pissed that their tax dollars are being wasted on pointless celebrities
It sucks, but our tax dollars are wasted for a lot of things. I don't hate 'em,I don't really like they either.All I know is they're coming Friday or something here so I'm stay the heck away from downtown/

octopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 06:15 PM
Mike Emrick
Corsi's right

Quote:
Originally Posted by octopi View Post
It sucks, but our tax dollars are wasted for a lot of things. I don't hate 'em,I don't really like they either.All I know is they're coming Friday or something here so I'm stay the heck away from downtown/
Don't you want to be a princess too!????? omg!1111111111111 kateeeee

Octopi lining streets of Calgary watching Kate pass by lol

Old
07-03-2011, 06:47 PM
octopi

vCash: 844
Quote:
Don't you want to be a princess too!????? omg!1111111111111 kateeeee

Octopi lining streets of Calgary watching Kate pass by lol
Yeah, I'm the real damsel in distress type. I can honestly say i was never the kind of little girl that wanted to be a princess.

octopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 04:41 PM
Mike Emrick
Corsi's right

Canadian economy benefiting from royal visit

Quote:
Calgary’s hotels are reporting higher than normal occupancy, while Prince Edward Island’s profile has been raised around the globe as William and Kate’s royal tour helps to boost Canada’s tourism industry.

The global media attention surrounding the first official tour of the royal newlyweds is proving a golden marketing opportunity for Canada, with pictures of the country being beamed to millions of households worldwide.

“To have Prince Edward Island showcased by the international media has been fantastic for us,” said Kathy Hambly, executive director of the greater Charlottetown Chamber of Commerce. “I think the legacy will be amazing."

She added, "There are people from all over North America here."
Prince not NHL quality

Quote:
On the Yellowknife stop of the royal tour Tuesday, Prince William joined a game of shinny, gamely taking a few shots on net with moral support from a crowd that positively lapped up the royal attempt at Canada's game.

Shooting right-handed, the prince was stopped on a glove save and then a stick save by 20-year-old Calvin Lomen of Ford Liard, N.W.T. On his third and final shot, Will tried something a little trickier, pointing to the upper-left corner of the net and deking a bit before taking a shot that lurched wide of the net.

"Yes I have, and I'm sorry," Lomen said later, when someone pointed out that he'd just shut out Canada's future king. Then Lomen flashed a sweaty smile that did not look even a little bit sorry.

"I tried to give him one but . . ." he trailed off, grinning again.

Quote:
"I heard him say he doesn't know how to play but he seems like he has a natural talent if he practises more."
6.0 C. Good hockey presence, but raw.

Old
07-05-2011, 04:53 PM
The Gourmet
Potage Le Magnifique

If they came to Vancouver I would probably come see them.

But they didn't so screw them.

The Gourmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 04:55 PM
Mike Emrick
Corsi's right

Vancouver is a beautiful city, despite recent events. They really should have paid a visit.

Old
07-05-2011, 05:36 PM
The Gourmet
Potage Le Magnifique

They planned the trip before the finals. The Queen dropped the puck at a Canucks game once, so I guess we've had our royal fix for a while.

The Gourmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 08:46 PM
Tim Calhoun
Tim Calhoun

Quote:
Originally Posted by octopi View Post
Exactly. People who complain that the royal family wastes taxpayer money should spend more time complaining about bigger things that the government wastes our money on, such as "universal healthcare" or foreign aid.

Tim Calhoun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 08:47 PM
Tim Calhoun
Tim Calhoun

The monarchy is an integral part of our country and more people should embrace it.

Tim Calhoun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 09:02 PM
Mike Emrick
Corsi's right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Calhoun View Post
The monarchy is an integral part of our country and more people should embrace it.
I agree.The royals came to their beloved Canadian former colony to visit, the least you could do is show them some respect. And it's not like they're acting like cocky ***** either, demanding gifts and ****. They are fitting in like commoners. Playing hockey, participating in boat races, going to cooking school.

I mean, if it was the Queen, I understand why Canadians would be so mad. But this is a new generation of royalty. ****ing William even spoke French to try to fit in with Quebecois.

Leave the damn royals alone.

Old
07-05-2011, 09:05 PM
Mike Emrick
Corsi's right

The reason I like Prince William is because he acts like a commoner. He is just like you and me, except he is royalty. He isn't an elitist snob. He isn't condescending. He's friendly. These are people just like you and me and they get ****ing hate, I remember when the damn English protesters attacked Charles and Camilla's car. Leave them the **** alone. Damn man

Old
07-05-2011, 10:25 PM
Apaharn

Quote:
The reason I like Prince William is because he acts like a commoner. He is just like you and me, except he is royalty. He isn't an elitist snob. He isn't condescending. He's friendly. These are people just like you and me and they get ****ing hate, I remember when the damn English protesters attacked Charles and Camilla's car. Leave them the **** alone. Damn man
This works better when read in the voice of an emotional Will Smith.

Apaharn is offline   Reply With Quote