HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oilers as trading partners (merged)

Old
07-05-2011, 12:09 AM
JeffMangum
#meatisbeat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobo View Post
No one has been which is nice.

Ya, I wouldn't give up our 1st unless we got yours in return somehow. What about Anisimov? Is he moveable? Similar offer is on the table, maybe Gagner + 2nd?
The Rangers organization thinks very highly of Anisimov. They consider him part of the "core" -- which actually has lead me to believe they wouldn't be opposed to moving Stepan for a bigger piece, like a #1 LW or a top pairing PMD, as I haven't seen them talk the same way about Derek -- but that's just speculation on my part. I doubt they move him.

I went a bit off topic there, but to answer your question, I don't think the Rangers would move Anisimov unless they were getting a potential/proven top-6 winger back+ or a premier puck moving defenseman to pair with Staal (obviously they would add to Anisimov). So, Ryan Whitney or Magnus Paajarvi+.

As said before, Gagner does absolutely nothing for this team, so he isn't a very attractive piece in any trade for one of the team's most important players. The most I personally would trade for Gagner is Erik Christensen and a 2nd, and with that package, the Oilers would be better off keeping Gagner considering their current center depth.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 12:09 AM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

Quote:
No one has been which is nice.

Ya, I wouldn't give up our 1st unless we got yours in return somehow. What about Anisimov? Is he moveable? Similar offer is on the table, maybe Gagner + 2nd?
Anisimov was requested (reportedly) by many GMs and Sather has absolutely refused to move him, so no, I don't think he is (especially not for that package).

iamitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 12:59 AM
Gobo
What's Your Issue?

Damn. Alright. You guys are making me Rangers fans.

Gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 01:08 AM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Paajarvi for Dubinsky + seems like the general consensus.

And it's aboot time someone mentions canadian words eh?

That was my awful attempt at being funny. Humour me :p.
We'd need more on top of MPS. Good player, but Dubinsky is an exceptional 2nd line two-way player that's got the potential to do more damage offensively. I'm not saying Edmonton would have to add a truckload more, but something else to entice the Rangers not named Gilbert, Smid, Cogliano, Gagner, and the other garbage that constantly floats around in Edmonton trade proposals.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 05:59 AM
Hemlawk86

Why would we trade Dubi? He's one of our best players.

People are mad because he held out? Thats BS, if you were under paid at your job, you'd make a stink too!

Hemlawk86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 01:06 AM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Eberle or Paajarvi

Del Zotto, Anisimov, Thomas for Eberle

Or

Del Zotto for Paajarvi

Eberle Richards Gaborik
Dubinsky Stepan Callahan
Fedotenko Boyle Zuccarello
Avery Rupp Prust

Staal Girardi
McDonagh Sauer
Erixon Valentenko/Eminger/Vet

Lundqvist
Biron

Or

Dubinsky Richards Gaborik
Paajarvi Stepan Callahan
Fedotenko Anisimov Boyle
Avery Rupp Prust

Staal Girardi
McDonagh Sauer
Erixon Valentenko/Eminger/Vet

Lundqvist
Biron

Thoughts?

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 01:11 AM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

I'd want nothing to do with that first trade proposal IMHO.

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 01:15 AM
TreeSapLlama

Too much from our perspective, and Eberle is the second coming of jesus in most of us canadian's eyes (fairly, from world juniors). Probably a no from both sides.

TreeSapLlama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 01:15 AM
PDO

Send a message via AIM to PDO
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Neither would the Oilers.

Both would take a significant overpay, but Eberle would take a ridiculous overpay. He grew up an Oilers fan and lives with Taylor Hall.

Oh, and he had a fantastic rookie season.

You'd be looking at Staal, if not Staal+, to get Eberle to NYR.

Keep in mind I said it would take a ridiculous overpay to get Eberle. He has too many intangibles that make him virtually untouchable.

Paajarvi isn't quite in the same boat, but I doubt Del Zotto is enough either.

It's no shot at any of the players mentioned by NYR... but the Oilers aren't in any hurry to deal either of them.

PDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 01:17 AM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
It's definitely overpayment in terms of value. Anisimov for Eberle straight up would be closer but because of Eberle's draft position and expectations, it would take more than fair value to make Edmoton even consider moving him. I actually doubt they'd even take that deal, but I'd love to snag Eberle for our top 6 LW.

DZ for Paajarvi is much more realistic in terms of it possibly being appealing to both teams and getting done.

Old
07-06-2011, 01:19 AM
PDO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
It's definitely overpayment in terms of value. Anisimov for Eberle straight up would be closer but because of Eberle's draft position and expectations, it would take more than fair value to make Edmoton even consider moving him. I actually doubt they'd even take that deal, but I'd love to snag Eberle for our top 6 LW.

DZ for Paajarvi is much more realistic in terms of it possibly being appealing to both teams and getting done.
Eberle is a RW.

Coming in peace.. I actually like the Rangers quite a bit; but the Oilers and Rags are bad trade partners unless you're talking Cogliano for futures (ideally a second, but more likely a third or fourth).

Old
07-06-2011, 01:23 AM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDO View Post
Neither would the Oilers.

Both would take a significant overpay, but Eberle would take a ridiculous overpay. He grew up an Oilers fan and lives with Taylor Hall.

Oh, and he had a fantastic rookie season.

You'd be looking at Staal, if not Staal+, to get Eberle to NYR.

Keep in mind I said it would take a ridiculous overpay to get Eberle. He has too many intangibles that make him virtually untouchable.

Paajarvi isn't quite in the same boat, but I doubt Del Zotto is enough either.

It's no shot at any of the players mentioned by NYR... but the Oilers aren't in any hurry to deal either of them.
I don't really put much thought into trade proposals regardless unless the aforementioned player is actually rumored to be on the trading block. Is the same situation with Staal. A team would never land him for fair value, because we'd otherwise just prefer to retain our guy. Likewise, extremely unlikely that a team would want to lose enough value to make a trade like that happen.

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 01:24 AM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

Note to OP: This isn't NHL11

mrjimmyg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 01:27 AM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Eberle is a RW.

Coming in peace.. I actually like the Rangers quite a bit; but the Oilers and Rags are bad trade partners unless you're talking Cogliano for futures (ideally a second, but more likely a third or fourth).
Eberle is a RW but he's a right-handed shot and I have no doubts that he can play the off-wing especially with Richie and Gaborik.

I concede that getting Eberle is unrealistic but I disagree about the Oil and Rangers being bad trade partners. The Rangers have a wealth of young defensemen while the Oilers have a wealth of young skilled forwards (Eberle, Paajarvi, Omark, Hall, Gagner, among others)

Hmmm... Hemsky's still young as well. What about Del Zotto, Thomas, and a 2nd for Hemsky?

Old
07-06-2011, 01:28 AM
h0ckeyman

DZ isn't enough to snag Paajarvi. This first proposal doesn't work for either team.

h0ckeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 01:29 AM
PDO

Quote:
I don't really put much thought into trade proposals regardless unless the aforementioned player is actually rumored to be on the trading block. Is the same situation with Staal. A team would never land him for fair value, because we'd otherwise just prefer to retain our guy. Likewise, extremely unlikely that a team would want to lose enough value to make a trade like that happen.
Exactly, and well put.

FWIW, the guys in Oiler rumors are Hemsky, Gagner, Gilbert, Omark, Cogliano and Brule.

I'd guess if the Oilers/Rags had any shot at a deal, it'd involve something around major pieces of Gagner and Dubinsky or Omark/Cogliano and Callahan.... Oilers would be adding in both situations, I'd imagine, with the Rangers incentives coming from cap space.

Old
07-06-2011, 01:29 AM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjimmyg89 View Post
Note to OP: This isn't NHL11
I love posts like this. Thanks for your deep analysis and superb contribution to the thread. We're all very impressed. You got me!

Old
07-06-2011, 01:32 AM
PDO

Quote:
Eberle is a RW but he's a right-handed shot and I have no doubts that he can play the off-wing especially with Richie and Gaborik.

I concede that getting Eberle is unrealistic but I disagree about the Oil and Rangers being bad trade partners. The Rangers have a wealth of young defensemen while the Oilers have a wealth of young skilled forwards (Eberle, Paajarvi, Omark, Hall, Gagner, among others)

Hmmm... Hemsky's still young as well. What about Del Zotto, Thomas, and a 2nd for Hemsky?
The Oilers got a first, a former first (Teubert) and a 3rd for Penner.

You won't get Hemsky for less.

Old
07-06-2011, 01:32 AM
h0ckeyman

Quote:
Exactly, and well put.

FWIW, the guys in Oiler rumors are Hemsky, Gagner, Gilbert, Omark, Cogliano and Brule.

I'd guess if the Oilers/Rags had any shot at a deal, it'd involve something around major pieces of Gagner and Dubinsky or Omark/Cogliano and Callahan.... Oilers would be adding in both situations, I'd imagine, with the Rangers incentives coming from cap space.
Dubi and Cally are in the Staal/Ebrele boat. Dubi is slightly more movable, and Callahan is virtually untouchable IMO.

Old
07-06-2011, 01:34 AM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

Quote:
I love posts like this. Thanks for your deep analysis and superb contribution to the thread. We're all very impressed. You got me!
No, these are the exact kind of threads that don't need to be made. Eberle and Paajarvi are not getting traded from Edmonton, unless it's severe over payment that will accelerate their rebuild. Offering them players like Del Zotto and Thomas are not going to help them if they lose an Eberle or a Paajarvi. Only these kind of trades are made on video games, not in real life. Should have asked for Taylor Hall as well, since, he's in the same boat as the other two

mrjimmyg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 01:35 AM
PDO

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0ckeyman View Post
Dubi and Cally are in the Staal/Ebrele boat. Dubi is slightly more movable, and Callahan is virtually untouchable IMO.
Agreed. I think it would be a mistake for the Rangers to deal either, I'm a big fan of both players.

Figured I'd chime in from an Oiler POV; hope I didn't offend anyone.

FWIW, Treeansoil on Twitter nailed a few Oiler moves before anyone (Sutton for Foster a full half hour early, first to say Belanger to Edmonton by a long shot as well); and claims that Glibert + Cogliano for Dubinsky + a Draft Pick was damn near done and Sather backed out last minute.

Take it for what it is, just passing it along, "she" has nailed a lot.

Old
07-06-2011, 01:37 AM
h0ckeyman

Quote:
Agreed. I think it would be a mistake for the Rangers to deal either, I'm a big fan of both players.

Figured I'd chime in from an Oiler POV; hope I didn't offend anyone.
Absolutely not. The OP is trying to trade Anisimov and DZ for Eberle/ DZ for Paajarvi straight. Thats the only insult in this thread

Edit: Would you guys take Avery for Hall straight

Old
07-06-2011, 01:41 AM
McDonagh
Slow it down 30GHz

You want magic?! you call Jordan Eberle!

McDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 01:42 AM
h0ckeyman

Quote:
FWIW, Treeansoil on Twitter nailed a few Oiler moves before anyone (Sutton for Foster a full half hour early, first to say Belanger to Edmonton by a long shot as well); and claims that Glibert + Cogliano for Dubinsky + a Draft Pick was damn near done and Sather backed out last minute.

Take it for what it is, just passing it along, "she" has nailed a lot.
Nice value for Dubi, but still would have been heart breaking for most Ranger fans

Old
07-06-2011, 01:45 AM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0ckeyman View Post
Absolutely not. The OP is trying to trade Anisimov and DZ for Eberle/ DZ for Paajarvi straight. Thats the only insult in this thread

Edit: Would you guys take Avery for Hall straight
My bad. I forgot how bent out of shape teenagers get over a simple proposal. If you think DZ for Paajarvi is way off-base, then I really cant help you. Hey here's a proposal:

Scott Gomez for Chris Higgins, Ryan McDonagh, Pavel Valentenko, and Doug Janik? "No way!" right bro?