HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Campoli Wants Close To $3 Million Per, Frolik Wants Wants Close To $2.5 Million Per

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-06-2011, 12:37 AM
  #26
po
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 87
vCash: 500
I hope they are not looking to stick around long term while they are at it.

po is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 12:53 AM
  #27
Sevanston
Moderator
 
Sevanston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 10,724
vCash: 500
Campoli's demands are hilarious. Glad he'll be gone after this contract the arbiter gives him.

Sevanston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 01:04 AM
  #28
Blucher
Registered User
 
Blucher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 412
vCash: 500
No way Campoli deserves 3 mil! Frolik at 2.5 i can live with!

Blucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 01:37 AM
  #29
Sarava
Moderator
 
Sarava's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Naperville, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 8,729
vCash: 500
I agree with what BWC said in the other thread. Go to arbitration with Campoli and pay him whatever he is awarded. We probably only need him for one year. A year later Lalonde should be ready for the bottom pair and Leddy should be seasoned enough to trust in the 2nd pair.

As for Frolik. I like him a lot and would be more than fine if the Hawks signed him for 2.5 per. I also understand with all the prospects the Hawks have and with limited spots available, he very well may be traded. It may come down to Frolik or Kruger, and Kruger seems to be the chosen one in Stan's eyes. That is why in the trade forum I suggested Frolik for Montreal's 1st next year....I think he could be dealt and I'd love to pick up an extra #1 in next year's strong draft.

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 01:42 AM
  #30
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo
 
HockeySensible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,842
vCash: 500
Wow, how does Campoli think he could ever get that much? Seriously, that must be a joke. As for Frolik, I think 2.5M over 3 years would be good for both. Hopefully Stan can bring it down closer to 2.2M though.

At this point, I actually hope we trade Campoli for just about anything we can get. I'm sure he could get 3M from Vancouver considering the gift he gave them in game 7, maybe he should try there.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 01:57 AM
  #31
brtriad
Registered User
 
brtriad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Loop
Country: United States
Posts: 13,004
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to brtriad
Frolik at $2.5 for at least three years is manageable. Campoli at $3 mil for any term is overpayment. The arbitrator will give him and his agent a swift kick in the balls.

brtriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 01:58 AM
  #32
WingsOverAvs
Non Right Winger
 
WingsOverAvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Orlando FL
Country: United States
Posts: 452
vCash: 500
Campoli's camp is sniffing rubber cement if they think he's worth 3 per. Frolik @ 2.5 is more reasonable, especially given the hike in market value this offseason. Frolik could reasonably put up Ville Leinoesque numbers and for half the pricetag

WingsOverAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 02:08 AM
  #33
Cullksinikers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 'Merica
Country: United States
Posts: 14,525
vCash: 500
Let him attempt to get $3 million per elsewhere and trade for Mark Stuart.

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 02:13 AM
  #34
Registry
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 13
vCash: 500
Hi,

Rusty can't be bought out because he is injured.
It is NHLPA rule!
Rusty's injury was serious and he isn't still OK... So no way for buy him out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
Well, if Olesz is bought out, Mayers is the fourth line center, they let Kruger get adjusted to North American ice in Rockford, and Campoli and Frolik get the contracts above, we have $5,624,038 of cap space to get a top six forward. I'm sure Frolik gets close and Campoli won't.

Registry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 02:15 AM
  #35
MadhouseOnMadison
Man crush on Amonte
 
MadhouseOnMadison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,520
vCash: 500
Ballsy move by Campoli. I wonder what the hell they're going to say to the arbitrator to get him to consider something that high.

MadhouseOnMadison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 02:18 AM
  #36
coldsteelonice84
Registered User
 
coldsteelonice84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 25,650
vCash: 10592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Registry View Post
Hi,

Rusty can't be bought out because he is injured.
It is NHLPA rule!
Rusty's injury was serious and he isn't still OK... So no way for buy him out!
Go check BofH forum and you will see there is another one of those famous loopholes in the CBA. If the team doctor says he is fine in a month, he's gone. He can get second opinions and go back and forth with the Hawks, but I'm sure he knows by that time it will be healed anyway and if he wants to stay in the NHL, he'll play ball. If not, it's beautiful Rockford for him. I know what I would do.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 02:24 AM
  #37
Gootie
Thug of the Year
 
Gootie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chiraq
Country: United States
Posts: 25,375
vCash: 1868
I'd be willing to give Frolik around 2.5 if we got an extra year in the deal. Campoli needs to get a reality check. Stalberg meh.

Gootie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 02:30 AM
  #38
Registry
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 13
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Go check BofH forum and you will see there is another one of those famous loopholes in the CBA. If the team doctor says he is fine in a month, he's gone. He can get second opinions and go back and forth with the Hawks, but I'm sure he knows by that time it will be healed anyway and if he wants to stay in the NHL, he'll play ball. If not, it's beautiful Rockford for him. I know what I would do.
:-) of course, it is possible, but Rusty can't be fine in one month.
His injury is for 6-8 months FROM surgery and his surgery was done in March 28th. They can cleared him before September 28th.

Another thing is, if Rusty will be bought out, they have to give him 2/3 of his salary, and it is a lot of money - it won't help us...

Registry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 02:32 AM
  #39
Registry
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 13
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Registry View Post
:-) of course, it is possible, but Rusty can't be fine in one month.
His injury is for 6-8 months FROM surgery and his surgery was done in March 28th. They can cleared him before September 28th.

Another thing is, if Rusty will be bought out, they have to give him 2/3 of his salary, and it is a lot of money - it won't help us...
I wanna say : They CAN'T cleared him before September 28th.

Registry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 04:27 AM
  #40
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,244
vCash: 500
trade Campoli...


I start to hate him

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 05:54 AM
  #41
Adrian05
Registered User
 
Adrian05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Poland
Posts: 257
vCash: 500
A good joke to start the day = Campoli Wants Close To $3 Million Per

Frolik for $ 2.5M, I think it is acceptable

Adrian05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 06:14 AM
  #42
Hawkscap
Registered User
 
Hawkscap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,642
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Registry View Post
:-) of course, it is possible, but Rusty can't be fine in one month.
His injury is for 6-8 months FROM surgery and his surgery was done in March 28th. They can cleared him before September 28th.

Another thing is, if Rusty will be bought out, they have to give him 2/3 of his salary, and it is a lot of


money - it won't help us.
The buyout is 1/3 due to his age. Another nice loophole in the CBA.

Hawkscap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 06:51 AM
  #43
EmeticDonut
Registered User
 
EmeticDonut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,479
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by topher42 View Post
The buyout is 1/3 due to his age. Another nice loophole in the CBA.
But it will be 2/3 next time a buyout is possible, during next off-season. Which pretty much means that the Hawks are better to try him out and see what he can do on a better team than the Panthers. Who knows, maybe he will be better and can then be traded.

EmeticDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 07:15 AM
  #44
Hawkscap
Registered User
 
Hawkscap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,642
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeticDonut View Post
But it will be 2/3 next time a buyout is possible, during next off-season. Which pretty much means that the Hawks are better to try him out and see what he can do on a better team than the Panthers. Who knows, maybe he will be better and can then be traded.

Due to the 2 arbitrations and if Olesz is medically cleared there is a second buyout period which is after the 2nd arbitration decision. Olesz is still 25 so is subject to the 1/3 buyout.

In order to pull this off both cases have to be decided by the arbiter and Olesz needs to be medically cleared.

Expect Walsh (Olesz's agent) to fight this tooth and nail. I also think a little revenge for the whole Havlat deal is in play here too.


Last edited by Hawkscap: 07-06-2011 at 07:25 AM.
Hawkscap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 07:27 AM
  #45
EmeticDonut
Registered User
 
EmeticDonut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,479
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by topher42 View Post
Due to the 2 arbitrations and if Olesz is medically cleared there is a second buyout period which is after the 2nd arbitration decision. Olesz is still 25 so is subject to the 1/3 buyout.

In order to pull this off both cases have to be decided by the arbiter and Olesz needs to be medically cleared.

Expect Walsh (Olesz's agent) to fight this tooth and nail. I also think a little revenge by McCub is in play here too.
And I am well aware of this fact, but Olesz being medically cleared is slim at best, so it's largely a pipedream. If he somehow miraculously cures in time for a buyout then I'll tip my hat to Bowman for the shrewd move.

EmeticDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 07:48 AM
  #46
HawksTillDeath
Registered User
 
HawksTillDeath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: N/A
Posts: 1,643
vCash: 500
frolik ata 2.5 (hopefully a little less) would be great on a long-term deal 3/4 years

campoli is just on crack.. but then again this is what he wants and not what hes gonna get.. very different!

HawksTillDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 08:19 AM
  #47
madgoat33
Registered User
 
madgoat33's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 12,605
vCash: 500
I'm probably the biggest Campoli fan here and even I would flip **** if he got more than like 2.25.

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 08:20 AM
  #48
CPHawksFan
That's Hockey Baby!!
 
CPHawksFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Crown Point, IN
Country: United States
Posts: 2,621
vCash: 500
...and I want a sh*tter made out of gold but it's just not in the cards, baby!

CPHawksFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 08:27 AM
  #49
Registry
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 13
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by topher42 View Post
The buyout is 1/3 due to his age. Another nice loophole in the CBA.
I'm sorry, but it is not true.

Rusty has to be cleared before August 7th if Blackhawks want to buy him out for 1/3. After August 7th, they will buy him out for 2/3.

My opinion is: Give him a chance! Rusty's problem in Panthers was coach. I heard your Blackhawks coach is great, so give Rusty a chance!
I'm Rusty's fan and I'm sure he will become a good player in Chicago! Rusty is such a great guy and thanks to his new teammates he will be a good player!

Registry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 08:29 AM
  #50
ndgt10
Registered User
 
ndgt10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Poland
Country: United States
Posts: 4,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Registry View Post
I'm sorry, but it is not true.

Rusty has to be cleared before August 7th if Blackhawks want to buy him out for 1/3. After August 7th, they will buy him out for 2/3.

My opinion is: Give him a chance! Rusty's problem in Panthers was coach. I heard your Blackhawks coach is great, so give Rusty a chance!
I'm Rusty's fan and I'm sure he will become a good player in Chicago! Rusty is such a great guy and thanks to his new teammates he will be a good player!
Mrs. Olesz?

ndgt10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:36 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.