HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Get excited... two signings to announce!

Old
07-05-2011, 10:39 PM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleangene View Post
The Belak loss has been taken care of at least. Please let me know which of these moves will inspire our Captain to come back to Nashville?????
Obviously neither is designed to, however I'm sure Shea will be a tad relieved that he won't be expected to fight with Stortini in the lineup...

Personally, I've always liked Stortini. He was a Milwaukee farmhand before moving on to Edmonton and has always been a guy I appreciated for doing his job with the Oilers. He plays the game hard, plays physical hockey, doesn't let his opponent off the hook, and is willing to fight when necessary. Zach is actually a guy I was kinda hoping wound up in a Predators uniform when the free agency list was released.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 10:48 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
What in the world makes us give Wilson a one-way deal on his second year?
No freaking clue

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 11:15 PM
Ziostilon

is Kyle Wilson a center or a winger

hes listed as a center. but that usually doesn't tell the whole story

Ziostilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 11:42 PM
adsfan

I liked Zack when he played in Milwaukee in 2005-06. The Ads lost in the AHL finals, but he scored 2 goals in 17 playoff games. He scored as many as 6 goals in a season for the Oilers. The Preds need all of the scoring the can get, although Zack isn't Wayne Gretzy. SLake does a good job with the low down on Storts!

adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 01:45 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziostilon View Post
is Kyle Wilson a center or a winger

hes listed as a center. but that usually doesn't tell the whole story
Everything I read says center. Who knows though? He's a forward

Old
07-06-2011, 03:32 AM
HopelessOilFan

You guys will love storts.. unless you're expecting an enforcer, in which case you will claw your eyes out every time he drops the gloves.

If used properly, he is unreal at what he does. Huge hits on a regular basis, gets under the oppositions skin very well, always give it everything he's got, will never back down from anyone (As ugly as it may be to see him fight) and can even throw in a few goals here and there.

I liked storts, but i feel like he was used incorrectly on the oilers. An enforcer he is not, and never will be, but i can see him making one hell of a pest who isn't afraid to defend himself or his teammates, and can make a game changing hit/energy shift regularly.

HopelessOilFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 03:47 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopelessOilFan View Post
You guys will love storts.. unless you're expecting an enforcer, in which case you will claw your eyes out every time he drops the gloves.

If used properly, he is unreal at what he does. Huge hits on a regular basis, gets under the oppositions skin very well, always give it everything he's got, will never back down from anyone (As ugly as it may be to see him fight) and can even throw in a few goals here and there.

I liked storts, but i feel like he was used incorrectly on the oilers. An enforcer he is not, and never will be, but i can see him making one hell of a pest who isn't afraid to defend himself or his teammates, and can make a game changing hit/energy shift regularly.
Your opinion echo's what others have also wrote. Sounds like a good guy to have every now and then.