HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Panthers Lounge the 4th

Closed Thread

Old
06-02-2011, 06:57 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post
Agreed. Well done.

How's your service in Greece?
Service for the iphone? Its great! I have such a great deal here. They have this service called Whats Up, which is like the Verizon In network, which allows us to call whoever else has Whats Up. My phone is prepay, and I add 20 euros a month, and by adding that amount, I get 1200 minutes AND 1200 sms to anyone else who has Whats Up, which is all my friends and family. If I need to call someone who doesnt have Whats Up, or need to call a landline, then it comes out of the 20 euros. I also pay 3 euros out of that 20 per month for 120mb of web service, which is 3g. I dont use it that much since I can get wifi almost anywhere, buts its good to have when wifi isnt available.

Old
06-26-2011, 04:43 PM
Laus723
Future Now

20,000 posts.

Sigh.

06-27-2011, 07:07 AM
jol

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
Service for the iphone? Its great! I have such a great deal here. They have this service called Whats Up, which is like the Verizon In network, which allows us to call whoever else has Whats Up. My phone is prepay, and I add 20 euros a month, and by adding that amount, I get 1200 minutes AND 1200 sms to anyone else who has Whats Up, which is all my friends and family. If I need to call someone who doesnt have Whats Up, or need to call a landline, then it comes out of the 20 euros. I also pay 3 euros out of that 20 per month for 120mb of web service, which is 3g. I dont use it that much since I can get wifi almost anywhere, buts its good to have when wifi isnt available.
How's the situation in Greece generally? Going back to drakma?

JOL

Old
07-05-2011, 02:46 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Can't believe that ***** Casey Anthony got away with Murder!!! No Justice!!!

Old
07-05-2011, 03:11 PM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
It saddens me as well. I understand how/why she got off because of the difficulty of the case, but it still makes me upset.

Old
07-05-2011, 03:32 PM
jkscott
Florida Panther STH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
I understand your opinion and why you would feel that way however what was proven today was that are system is the greatest in the world.

You need to put your emotions aside and ask yourself if the prosecution successfully proved that Casey Anthony murdered her daughter. The defense team may very well know that she killed her daughter but they were hired to make sure that she was given due process. She was found not guilty but that doesn't necessarily mean she is innocent.

Old
07-05-2011, 03:32 PM
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 813
1rst time lounge poster.. hi..

Just had to post this.. Finland one of the places with lowest crime rates and something just happen to me that made me lol so hard. Some1 stole my cars front turn signals. Yes, these 10$ items were stolen from my car last night and by pros. They didn't do any harm to my car and even left the wiring all intact. Our bet it's some russians who come to finland and "harvest" cars for parts around here because they did this with skill, fast and didnt destroy anything else. A finn who had stolen them would just smashed everything up.

All in all.. Finland isn't that safe anymore. Now my GF is laughing at me because I used to laugh at her bringing in her car stereos front panel inside ( i used to leave my car doors open for years and nothing was stolen ) now she asked me did i remember to bring my turn signals in for the night

Old
07-05-2011, 03:37 PM
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
That's cool. In Finland we got pretty good celly competion going always. I got a deal of a lifetime. HTC desire a year ago.. 20€ a month for the phone (htc desire), 3000mins to all operators, unlimited internet @ max speed (around 5mbps) and its a 2 year contract.

Old
07-05-2011, 03:40 PM
Rattrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkscott View Post
I understand your opinion and why you would feel that way however what was proven today was that are system is the greatest in the world.

You need to put your emotions aside and ask yourself if the prosecution successfully proved that Casey Anthony murdered her daughter. The defense team may very well know that she killed her daughter but they were hired to make sure that she was given due process. She was found not guilty but that doesn't necessarily mean she is innocent.
That's where it's difficult because I realize the prosecution didn't have so many key elements to find her guilty. However, when I include the emotions and things presented that aren't legally immiscible in court, it just angers me!

Old
07-05-2011, 03:46 PM
jkscott
Florida Panther STH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
That's where it's difficult because I realize the prosecution didn't have so many key elements to find her guilty. However, when I include the emotions and things presented that aren't legally immiscible in court, it just angers me!
I have my own emotions regarding the trial that I assume are parallel with yours. However, if justice was based on emotions we wouldnt have much of a legal system at all.

Old
07-05-2011, 03:51 PM
Rattrick

Quote:
I have my own emotions regarding the trial that I assume are parallel with yours. However, if justice was based on emotions we wouldnt have much of a legal system at all.
Agree, but for me at least, that goes without saying. She got off with a real ****** defense attorney -- that's how easy this case was for the defense and difficult for the prosecution.

Old
07-06-2011, 12:20 AM
Holy Jokinen

Quote:
Agree, but for me at least, that goes without saying. She got off with a real ****** defense attorney -- that's how easy this case was for the defense and difficult for the prosecution.
And that's how the system is set up: the burden of proof is on the prosecution since people are presumed innocent until proven guilty. Of course, some people have made the rest of her life nearly impossible to live, but it sure beats getting fried in the electric chair.

But yeah, i didn't follow the trial at all, but it sounds like some key elements were missing, like cause of death and time of death, which are two pretty important factors.

Old
07-06-2011, 03:38 AM
JP Mick
Two Gallants

vCash: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Jokinen View Post
And that's how the system is set up: the burden of proof is on the prosecution since people are presumed innocent until proven guilty. Of course, some people have made the rest of her life nearly impossible to live, but it sure beats getting fried in the electric chair.

But yeah, i didn't follow the trial at all, but it sounds like some key elements were missing, like cause of death and time of death, which are two pretty important factors.
What pisses me off is that someone killed this child period. Either through simple neglect, or something more sinister. Her body is found dumped in the woods one month later with duct tape on her face. HELLO!
Investigators need to find out who killed her and bring them to justice.

Old
07-06-2011, 04:15 AM
JP Mick
Two Gallants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo View Post
1rst time lounge poster.. hi..

Just had to post this.. Finland one of the places with lowest crime rates and something just happen to me that made me lol so hard. Some1 stole my cars front turn signals. Yes, these 10$ items were stolen from my car last night and by pros. They didn't do any harm to my car and even left the wiring all intact. Our bet it's some russians who come to finland and "harvest" cars for parts around here because they did this with skill, fast and didnt destroy anything else. A finn who had stolen them would just smashed everything up.

All in all.. Finland isn't that safe anymore. Now my GF is laughing at me because I used to laugh at her bringing in her car stereos front panel inside ( i used to leave my car doors open for years and nothing was stolen ) now she asked me did i remember to bring my turn signals in for the night
Sorry man!
That is a strange thing to steal... must be a highly sought-after car part! What year and make of car is it? -just out of curiosity.
I work in South Miami and live just south of there. Down here break-ins and theft are a part of everyday life for a lot of people. Really loud car alarms are normal around here and most people have them but no one really pays attention when they go off.
I used to bring my car stereo face-plate and my tom-tom with me like your GF does but I got lazy and now I always leave them in the car. I do have super-dark tint on my windows and the must-have-obnoxious-car-alarm so I guess that helps.

Old
07-06-2011, 05:46 AM
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Mick View Post
Sorry man!
That is a strange thing to steal... must be a highly sought-after car part! What year and make of car is it? -just out of curiosity.
I work in South Miami and live just south of there. Down here break-ins and theft are a part of everyday life for a lot of people. Really loud car alarms are normal around here and most people have them but no one really pays attention when they go off.
I used to bring my car stereo face-plate and my tom-tom with me like your GF does but I got lazy and now I always leave them in the car. I do have super-dark tint on my windows and the must-have-obnoxious-car-alarm so I guess that helps.
I wonder if there a car alarm where you could record your own alarm sound. I can make some annoying sounds.. The car is a Mercedes Benz, 2005. Nothing fancy with the lights or car otherwise other than rims

Old
07-06-2011, 06:12 AM
JP Mick
Two Gallants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo View Post
I wonder if there a car alarm where you could record your own alarm sound. I can make some annoying sounds.. The car is a Mercedes Benz, 2005. Nothing fancy with the lights or car otherwise other than rims
I'm sure you can do that with all of the after market system options they have out now. How about a panther growl?
All Mercedes are considered fancy over here, even older ones. I know in Europe they are a lot more common and in Germany they are equivilant to our Chevrolets. If you get picked up in a Mercedes taxi over here you must be someone special.

Old
07-06-2011, 09:29 AM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:

Not really. You don't actually have to have a body to convict someone of 1st degree murder. There are people who are convicted all the time for killing someone and throwing them in the ocean with no body ever found.

I just find it hard to believe that she was found not guilty on the lessor charges too. I guess all you need to get away with murder these days is to borrow someone else's duct tape....

Old
07-06-2011, 09:40 AM
jkscott
Florida Panther STH

Quote:

I dont get the part where you say the rest of her life is impossible to live. She will probably be out of jail by this weekend and will be a multi-millionaire within two years. She is rich and free to party which seemed to be her primary motive (freedom from motherhood) all along. She will probably leave the country and spend the rest of her life in Costa Rica.

Old
07-06-2011, 01:12 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Lol, heard today there's a rumor going around in the media that she's pregnant right now. How? She's not married so she couldnt get conjugal visits. Is it Baez's baby or maybe a prison guard's if she really is pregnant?

Old
07-06-2011, 01:40 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Quote:
Sounds like wifi over there is more ubiquitous than stateside. Most wifi networks are locked here, except places like Starbucks & airports.

Old
07-06-2011, 05:29 PM
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Mick View Post
I'm sure you can do that with all of the after market system options they have out now. How about a panther growl?
All Mercedes are considered fancy over here, even older ones. I know in Europe they are a lot more common and in Germany they are equivilant to our Chevrolets. If you get picked up in a Mercedes taxi over here you must be someone special.
Mercedes is pretty common over here but cars over here are MUCH more expensive than in USA. I would say at least 2 times more expensive because we got crazy car taxes and well taxes altogether. Also gasoline is expensive over here or how does 8.8$ a gallon sound!?!? so we dont have many american made cars over here because they love there fuel. Sure we got free health care but we pay a ******** to keep it up. The taxes are just nuts over here. I think 95% of fuel's price is taxes. Houses are very expensive too and the general everyman doesn't make THAT much either.

Old
07-07-2011, 08:11 AM
Pantherbelle

Quote:
I dont get the part where you say the rest of her life is impossible to live. She will probably be out of jail by this weekend and will be a multi-millionaire within two years. She is rich and free to party which seemed to be her primary motive (freedom from motherhood) all along. She will probably leave the country and spend the rest of her life in Costa Rica.
actually the prosecution can file something that takes any money she makes up to paying for the search efforts and for the court cost. Now whether they do or not is another question. But there is a way to keep her from profiting to some extent.

Old
07-07-2011, 08:16 AM
Rattrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbelle View Post
actually the prosecution can file something that takes any money she makes up to paying for the search efforts and for the court cost. Now whether they do or not is another question. But there is a way to keep her from profiting to some extent.
Wow, I had no idea they could do that. I really hope they do. To think about her profiting from the murdering of her child pisses me off.

Old
07-07-2011, 10:59 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
Wow, I had no idea they could do that. I really hope they do. To think about her profiting from the murdering of her child pisses me off.
Ditto for me! Really hope they do that. Can't believe the ***** will be free in less then a week!

Old
07-08-2011, 07:26 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Changed my home screen on my iPad

Last edited by pb1300: 10-26-2011 at 02:46 PM.
Closed Thread