HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ryan White thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-06-2011, 07:09 AM
  #1
Bob in Niagara
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 502
vCash: 500
Ryan White thread

I have not seen anything about this.

Bob in Niagara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 07:17 AM
  #2
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,516
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob in Niagara View Post
I have not seen anything about this.
I expect a 1 way 700-800k deal.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 07:22 AM
  #3
Ghetto Sangria
Groupthink
 
Ghetto Sangria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,932
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I expect a 1 way 700-800k deal.
pyatt got a 1 year 1 way 500 000 to see if he could stick with the big club even after his amazing playoffs. I see White getting the same deal.

Ghetto Sangria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 07:29 AM
  #4
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,516
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez View Post
pyatt got a 1 year 1 way 500 000 to see if he could stick with the big club even after his amazing playoffs. I see White getting the same deal.
I think the qualifying offer has to be a 10 or 15% raise and he made 635 k last year. i could be wrong, I'm not an expert on QO's and RFA's.


Last edited by Monctonscout: 07-06-2011 at 07:52 AM.
Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 07:39 AM
  #5
HCH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: The Wild West
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez View Post
pyatt got a 1 year 1 way 500 000 to see if he could stick with the big club even after his amazing playoffs. I see White getting the same deal.
Pyatt was signed? I think he is a UFA. Or are you talking about a year ago?

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 07:39 AM
  #6
Corncob
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,950
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I think the qualifying offer has to be a 10 or 15% raise and he made 635 k last year. i could be wrong, I'm not an exper on QO's and RFA's.
According to cap geek the QO is 605k (the 635k last year included a signing bonus of 85k, so the base salary of 550k + 10% is the QO).

Corncob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 07:41 AM
  #7
Ghetto Sangria
Groupthink
 
Ghetto Sangria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,932
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtacular View Post
According to cap geek the QO is 605k (the 635k last year included a signing bonus of 85k, so the base salary of 550k + 10% is the QO).
oh I wasn't aware that QO's worked that way with entry level contracts. I wonder why Pyatt signed for 500k last year. I think it has something to do with a 1 way contract.

Ghetto Sangria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 07:43 AM
  #8
Corncob
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,950
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez View Post
oh I wasn't aware that QO's worked that way with entry level contracts. I wonder why Pyatt signed for 500k last year. I think it has something to do with a 1 way contract.
Yeah he signed for less than his QO but got a 1 way deal.

Corncob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 07:47 AM
  #9
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis
 
Blind Gardien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Four Winds Bar
Country: France
Posts: 19,561
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez View Post
pyatt got a 1 year 1 way 500 000 to see if he could stick with the big club even after his amazing playoffs. I see White getting the same deal.
Same deal, but the league min is $525k now, so I think that's White's contract.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 08:04 AM
  #10
OpenIceHit
Registered User
 
OpenIceHit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,327
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
Pyatt was signed? I think he is a UFA. Or are you talking about a year ago?
Pyatt is back???????

OpenIceHit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 08:43 AM
  #11
Joe Cole
Registered User
 
Joe Cole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,194
vCash: 500
White is the type of player the Habs need more of. Hab fans are so starved for his type of player... it makes me wonder some times if he is really the type of player I imagine him to be, or is it my mind filling in the blanks and making him into "that" player.

One thing will make everything clearer, a regular shift for 82 games. Then, we have a good sample size to really evaluate from.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 08:46 AM
  #12
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 33,033
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
Pyatt was signed? I think he is a UFA. Or are you talking about a year ago?
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenIceHit View Post
Pyatt is back???????
I think he was taling about last year. Pyatt isn't signed yet and is a UFA

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 01:14 PM
  #13
larrypacman8167
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 296
vCash: 500
white is a warrior and has huge compete level and he's not just fighting for the sake of fighting he sticks up for teammates, if i was playing for the habs i would really love to have him back

larrypacman8167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 03:24 PM
  #14
Lafleurr
Registered User
 
Lafleurr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 23
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole View Post
White is the type of player the Habs need more of. Hab fans are so starved for his type of player... it makes me wonder some times if he is really the type of player I imagine him to be, or is it my mind filling in the blanks and making him into "that" player.

One thing will make everything clearer, a regular shift for 82 games. Then, we have a good sample size to really evaluate from.
Lol, I agree. He's a great player.
I see him as one of the ones who stick out and will give his all during every game. Hope he continues to develop and we get more players like him.

Lafleurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 03:28 PM
  #15
Gainey#1*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ottawa/Calgary
Posts: 2,308
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurr View Post
Lol, I agree. He's a great player.
I see him as one of the ones who stick out and will give his all during every game. Hope he continues to develop and we get more players like him.
What about someone like Andrew Conboy or Ian Schultz who are already have in our system? I believe Schultz needs another year or two of seasoning, but don't you think Conboy could fit?

Gainey#1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 03:48 PM
  #16
Lafleurr
Registered User
 
Lafleurr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 23
vCash: 500
I'm not 100% sure to be honest with you. Conboy might be ready soon. But I think Schultz could also use another year or two. I don't mind seeing Conboy play a game or two in the big league.

Lafleurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 03:59 PM
  #17
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,192
vCash: 500
Conboy will probably get a few games this year and should be ready next year.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 04:02 PM
  #18
Lafleurr
Registered User
 
Lafleurr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 23
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Conboy will probably get a few games this year and should be ready next year.

Lafleurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 04:06 PM
  #19
habamillions
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: arnprior,ontario
Posts: 1,371
vCash: 500
conboy was a beast in preseason if he is a beast again he should be on the team to start the year

habamillions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 04:08 PM
  #20
Gainey#1*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ottawa/Calgary
Posts: 2,308
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habamillions View Post
conboy was a beast in preseason if he is a beast again he should be on the team to start the year
I agree. There is no way to know how these kids are going to develop unless we give them some playing time.

He is not going to learn much more in the AHL. Bring him up and give him a reduced role and see how he does. No point in signing/trading for a gritty player if we can use someone who is already in our system.

Give the kid a chance!

Gainey#1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 04:13 PM
  #21
Aurel Joliat
Registered User
 
Aurel Joliat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ottawa, ON, CA
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,609
vCash: 500
We have only 12 forwards unders contract (with White) so there is 1 or 2 avalaible spots !

Aurel Joliat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 04:16 PM
  #22
DJ Breadman
Registered User
 
DJ Breadman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Newfoundland
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,343
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habamillions View Post
conboy was a beast in preseason if he is a beast again he should be on the team to start the year
He got tuned up bad in that preseason, I remember him not even landing a punch vs Carkner. He is big and can skate and isn't afraid of anyone but he is not a very good fighter

DJ Breadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 04:38 PM
  #23
Lafleurr
Registered User
 
Lafleurr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 23
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Breadman View Post
He got tuned up bad in that preseason, I remember him not even landing a punch vs Carkner. He is big and can skate and isn't afraid of anyone but he is not a very good fighter
Yeah. Just watched it. He seems to lose his balance a lot, but I think that's something that can be improved.


Last edited by Lafleurr: 07-09-2011 at 01:35 AM.
Lafleurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 06:13 PM
  #24
Subban76
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,332
vCash: 500
Forgot where, but read that White wants a 1 way and Habs are trying for a 2 way contract. Not sure if true, it was a rumor site.

Subban76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 10:37 PM
  #25
HCH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: The Wild West
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
I think he was taling about last year. Pyatt isn't signed yet and is a UFA
Oh, okay. I kind of thought that is what you were talking about.

Looks like Pyatt signed a two way deal with Tampa. Boucher loves his old players

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:42 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.