HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Anyone else still depressed about Boston winning?

Closed Thread

Old
07-04-2011, 10:51 PM
gusfring

vCash: 500
Going back to the original premise, I'm not depressed about it but I was hoping that their winning would give the organization some extra motivation to improve the team more than it has.

Too bad it hasn't happened.

Old
07-04-2011, 10:52 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleky Roks View Post
I could care less about Boston winning the cup. They got lucky and had a lot of help from Colin Campbell and Mike Murphy!! Jeremy Jacobs, the Bruins owner and Chairman of the board of Governors for the NHL no doubt pulled some strings along the way too. The Bruins got away with a lot of sucker punches and suspensions to help them get to the Cup finals.

The Habs were 1 overtime goal away from beating the Bruins and seeing how the Flyers rolled over, the Habs would have beat them too. Tampa was the most competition for the Bruins and I think the Habs could have beat them.

For the sake of 1 goal, the Habs could have been in the Stanley Cup Finals against the Canucks. We might have had trouble with the Canucks, but who knows....maybe it would have been the Habs winning their 25th Cup.
quite some leaps you are doing there

and as it's been mentioned, we would have taken the caps, not the flyers

Old
07-04-2011, 11:47 PM
JustAHabFan

The Bruins won the Cup? Just pretending it never happened to ease the pain.

Old
07-05-2011, 12:40 AM
Drydenwasthebest

Not too worried or depressed. The Bruins needed Markov and Pacioretty to be injured to get by us, and had the help of Campbell and crew. I am sad to see cheaters win, but that is the way things happen in life, at times. Bruins fans have a year of joy before they fall back to earth. Shanahan is definitely not Campbell.

Old
07-05-2011, 10:33 AM
BeliveauFan4ever

The 2010-11 season belongs in the sports equivalent of a black hole; never to be seen or heard from, again.

Price getting back on form was far and away the best thing to take away from an otherwise frustrating year.

Hope it's another 40 years - at least - before those morons win their next one.

Old
07-05-2011, 10:43 AM
BREWINZ

Not at all.

Seriously though, if Boston had lost to Montreal in round 1 and Montreal won the cup, I wouldn't be that upset. IMO, Montreal gave the Bruins the most trouble of any team in the playoffs. Anytime you lose to the eventual cup winners by 1 goal in OT, you're not that far away.

Old
07-05-2011, 10:50 AM
HabsUnited

Didn't care then, don't care now. From my perspective, either the Habs or the Leafs win the Cup, or it's not really awarded. And seeing as the latter is impossible, I feel pretty good right now.

Old
07-05-2011, 04:59 PM
shortcat1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Depressed is a big word.. but.. I am trying to put it at the back of my mind and forget it ever happened.

What about you guys?
I never was for an instance. I may have been disappointed a bit about Vancouver not winning but... what the heck... the sun rose again the next day.

Good for Boston. They won the games they had to and that's all that counts in the end.

Old
07-05-2011, 10:13 PM
Habs 1909

This might make whoever else is depressed about losing to the Bruins feel a little bit better:

Old
07-05-2011, 11:02 PM
guapo23

Boston's whining made me angry, not depressed.

Old
07-05-2011, 11:05 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Holy ****. This thread is still up. Get the **** over it.
In answer to the question: no. My Habs just got better. Lost Wiz, but got back our injured + Yemelin + Cole + maybe Enqvist/Palushaj.

Old
07-06-2011, 08:06 AM
BigHab*

Useless thread to tell you the truth. Why would any Hab fan get depressed over the 'Ruins winning the Cup after 39 long years. All it did was show to the world their inability to ice a competitve team all those years - think of it - 39 years of futility. Who freakin' cares if they won - actually barely won - we have our own team and our own years of futility. If you're so focused on Bawston why not cheer for them instead of us, man? Get over it already or take some pills.

Old
07-06-2011, 08:56 AM
theboss*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyG 91 View Post
This might make whoever else is depressed about losing to the Bruins feel a little bit better:

Thanks, I needed that.

Old
07-06-2011, 08:58 AM
theboss*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHab View Post
Useless thread to tell you the truth. Why would any Hab fan get depressed over the 'Ruins winning the Cup after 39 long years. All it did was show to the world their inability to ice a competitve team all those years - think of it - 39 years of futility. Who freakin' cares if they won - actually barely won - we have our own team and our own years of futility. If you're so focused on Bawston why not cheer for them instead of us, man? Get over it already or take some pills.
This.

Old
07-06-2011, 12:16 PM
Ollie Williams

vCash: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHab View Post
Very good point. I wonder what the Bruins fans will do for the next 39 years.

Old
07-06-2011, 01:26 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

I would have been depressed, and angry, but any team that stops the Canucks from winning the cup is ok in my books, at least for a short while.

Old
07-06-2011, 03:32 PM
24stanleycups*
24-6=18,goodluck lol

No habs fan should have anything to be depressed about. We dwell to much on the immediate implications of a win or a loss, and we lose focus of the big picture. The bruins were going to win another one eventually, and just because it happened for them this year doesn't change the fact that we have 24 of them. For this summer, they get to be happier than we do, but when the smoke clears they will still be losing, and we are the only team who will always be able to fall back on the fact that we have the most cups. All they can do is piss and moan and pretend it's not important. Let them have their cup. We have a great group, that is headed in the right direction, we'll get another one soon enough.

Old
07-06-2011, 04:53 PM
VanIsle
Bruins in 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24stanleycups View Post
No habs fan should have anything to be depressed about. We dwell to much on the immediate implications of a win or a loss, and we lose focus of the big picture. The bruins were going to win another one eventually, and just because it happened for them this year doesn't change the fact that we have 24 of them. For this summer, they get to be happier than we do, but when the smoke clears they will still be losing, and we are the only team who will always be able to fall back on the fact that we have the most cups. All they can do is piss and moan and pretend it's not important. Let them have their cup. We have a great group, that is headed in the right direction, we'll get another one soon enough.
Hey guys I have a buddy that is a Hab's fan and he states that Cups only matter when you are alive.

He was born in 73 so the Habs have 7 from the time he was born until now.
I was born in 78 so I only have 1.

What do you guys think of this, as you could be born and then at age 5 say for example the NY Yankees are my favourite team and they have 27 world series titles.

Were older so we don't say my team is way better then yours but have a great rivlary over the years and we respect both teams, but dislike the other team when we are playing them.

Old
07-06-2011, 05:50 PM
Habsbullet

Damn it! Bury this thread already.

Old
07-06-2011, 07:23 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Depressed? I hope not. Rejuvenated with the idea of getting it back as soon as next year and in their face 'cause people, that Boston team can repeat it and I,m sure they think they will. The greatest thing ever would be to go at it and win it as soon as next year.

Having said that.....we have to put an end to the 24 Cups. That has nothing to do with the quality of our team now and honestly, while it does make us the most decorated franchise in hockey history...it doesn't make us the greatest team in the past 20 years. And that's what is important now.

As far as counting the Cup while you are alive....well I'm very much OK compared to the Bruins....I was born in 1971....

Old
07-06-2011, 09:32 PM
JOKER 192

[QUOTE=Pleky Roks;34637609] The Bruins got away with a lot of sucker punches and suspensions to help them get to the Cup finals.

You must mean like when Burrows bit Bergeron or Enhroff slamed Peverly's head into the boards on an icing chase ..........oh I see.

Old
07-06-2011, 09:52 PM
PricePkPatch

[QUOTE=JOKER 192;34752913]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleky Roks View Post
The Bruins got away with a lot of sucker punches and suspensions to help them get to the Cup finals.

You must mean like when Burrows bit Bergeron or Enhroff slamed Peverly's head into the boards on an icing chase ..........oh I see.
More like Chara cracking Patch's neck, Boychuck (?) sending Halpern to the infirmary, Lucic backchecking Subban after the end-of-period whistle.

Bruins had the strangest of "luck" with the refs this year. But then again, referring sucked all around.

Old
07-07-2011, 04:11 AM
BobbyMarks1

In the past 20 years, the Bruins and Habs have the same number of Cups. That's something to focus on.

Old
07-07-2011, 04:24 AM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Not in the least. I ended up cheering for them near the end, despite being a Canucks' fan. Boston deserved the cup and I love Thomas anyway. Great to see him win it all.

Old
07-07-2011, 09:00 AM
habfaninvictoria

Why be depressed? They won the cup, so what? I hate Boston more than any other team, and one of the reasons is there incessant whining about what could/should have been... if not for the habs. The Playoffs turned into a soap opera with Bruins players as the central players, diving, whining, looking for controversy at every turn.

If that's how to win, count me out. They played well but in the end the win is tainted by so many external factors that would be too numerous to mention here. I'd rather be a fan of a team like the Habs who fought hard to the bitter end and lost with some class knowing that their day was coming and soon.

They've been our *****es for decades and aren't worth the steam off our piss.

Closed Thread