HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Possibility of getting Parise???

Old
07-05-2011, 04:50 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba5 View Post
If Zach has a good year and rebounds nicely from his injury and stays injury free, be prepared to offer a minimum of 12 years at 8 mil. per year next July minimum.
Theres no way hes worth that/going to get that.

Those terms are absurd.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 04:51 PM
Ih8theislanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
I find it ironic that people were going nuts over a one-time concussion for Richards, but are slobbering over Parise despite a major knee issue last year.
We couldn't see much of Richards after his concussion. We all know we can't get Parise now, so we can see over the course of the year if he is hampered in any way.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 04:55 PM
1Knee1T
OHH MAMMA DONT U CRY

Take a deep breath guys.

1Knee1T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 05:06 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

26 yr old, American born player who before the inury posted back to back PPG seasons. If he reached free agency and has a good season. 75point or more next year I think 8mil cap hit 10-12 year deal is Bang on!

This kid is a stud.

He's a stattuck kid like Stepan, also a UND graduate where Miller is headed. Not going to get my hopes up that he will ever be a Ranger but I love the idea of it.

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 07:25 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Kid is amazing. Every GM will want him. No doubts if he has a great season he could get 10 years 8 mill per.

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 07:27 PM
NYR Viper

I would open up the coffers for Parise. 10 years would be a minimum for a heart and soul leader like Zach.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 09:40 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chariot View Post
Kid is amazing. Every GM will want him. No doubts if he has a great season he could get 10 years 8 mill per.
Bit high IMHO, but not a wise decision given the timing. CBA is due to be re-negotiated next summer, no? If the cap goes down a lot, that $8 mil cap hit would sting.

Last edited by wolfgaze: 07-06-2011 at 01:03 AM.
wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 01:02 AM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Well, we all know Sather will go after him hard next July if he is a UFA.
Only if Gaborik was traded, IMHO. Lots of cap implications otherwise.

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 07:19 AM
bubba5

[QUOTE=Bleed Ranger Blue;34696917]Theres no way hes worth that/going to get that.

Those terms are absurd.[/QUOT

You shall see, but if he has a relative injury free year and productive, there will be at least 10 teams going for him and he will get min. 8 mil a year and at least 10 years.

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 07:42 AM
CM PUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Only if Gaborik was traded, IMHO. Lots of cap implications otherwise.
definitely potential cap issues created by that...but at the end of this year, wolski, avery, ec, mza, and feds come off the books combined with the drop in dead space from drury and that opens up almost $12 mil in cap space. and the only guy to resign are prust, del zotto and biron/backup goalie.

obviously if the cap goes down in the new cba that changes everything but if the cap stays at 64 mil, or even goes up when you add in the revenue for the new tv deal we will have lots of cap space to play with next summer.

not gonna say that it would be the wisest decision to add a 3rd $6-7 mil forward cause there are lots of factors to consider. but i think we'll be in a really strong position to consider that and any other option.

CM PUNK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 07:54 AM
pld459666

I would give Parise more money annually than I would have given Kovalchuk.

While Kovy is the better and more pure goal scorer, Parise is the better LW in terms of overall ability.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 07:57 AM
BroadwayBlues
Angel Grove

Parise--Richards--Gaborik

Dubinsky--Anisimov--Callahan

Kreider--Stepan--Thomas

Hagelin-Boyle-Prust/Rupp

lol

This is NOT happening. lol

BroadwayBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 07:57 AM
CM PUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post

Kreider--Stepan--Thomas

Hagelin-Boyle-Prust/Rupp

lol

seems too good to be true...but its not impossible

CM PUNK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 08:08 AM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post

Kreider--Stepan--Thomas

Hagelin-Boyle-Prust/Rupp

lol

It could...You never know.

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 08:13 AM
Zats Muccarello
Grinder

0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 001 percent.

Zats Muccarello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 08:49 AM
allstar3970

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
It could...You never know.
This is the problem with the offseason here, a thread for every proposal and player that could possibly be available in the next 3 years just b/c "hey nothin's impossible" meaning .00000001% chance... but it could happen!

allstar3970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 09:37 AM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

Lol..wow, thanks for this thread. I needed a good laugh.

A few things to consider.

#1, The Rangers and Devils have NEVER made a trade. EVER.

#2, The Rangers have made ONE offer sheet proposal in the last 14 years. ONE. To Joe Sakic. And we all saw how well THAT worked out. Colorado matched, and the Rangers were pretty much despised by the entire league for a long time after it. The league looks down on offer sheets. Big time. So, it's not happening. Not with Parise, and not with Stamkos.

#3, Lou hates the Rangers. HATES them. Probably as much as Devils fans themselves..and he knows his fans would riot like Vancouver if we were ever allowed to sign Parise. This is not Bobby Holik. This is not Scott Gomez. This is Zach Parise. The face of their franchise, pretty much right now. And he will be so even more after Marty retires. Do any of you honestly think Lou would EVER allow something like that to happen??

Oh, and one more thing. Parise would just never do it. Plain and simple.

So get off this idea already. I know it's enticing. And believe me, I would cream my pants if it EVER did happen. But it's never happening. EVER.

TonyTheGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 10:28 AM
Ian
Mike York fan club

I personally don't think Parise would ever hit FA because that 1-2 million they're probably trying to save on a hometown discount isn't worth the ultimate PR/fan hit they'd take if he left, so I think they'll eventually meet in the middle.

And as it's said, he's not being traded here (or anywhere) for the time being. Players in the past (Gomez being the best example off the top of my head), have publicly said they weren't going to resign in NJ and still haven't been traded. And even if you wanted to speculate that might happen this time since Parise is much better than Gomez or other previous players that threatened this (still wouldn't matter), his value would be much higher once he suited up on a regular basis and played well, so they wouldn't trade him now.

However, if you want to do a little NHL 11 GM work, the Rangers are in a pretty good spot to offer him a quality deal if they really wanted to, if you want to think he'd hit FA next offseason.

FORWARDS
Marian Gaborik ($7.500m) / Brad Richards ($6.666m) / Michael Rupp ($1.500m)
Brandon Dubinsky ($4.000m) / Derek Stepan ($0.875m) / Ryan Callahan ($4.000m)
/ Artem Anisimov ($2.000m) / Brian Boyle ($1.250m)
/ Carl Hagelin ($0.662m) / Christian Thomas ($0.838m)

DEFENSEMEN
Marc Staal ($3.975m) / Daniel Girardi ($3.325m)
Ryan McDonagh ($1.300m) / Mike Sauer ($1.100m)
/ Tim Erixon ($1.750m)

GOALTENDERS
Henrik Lundqvist ($6.875m)

BUYOUTS: Chris Drury ($1.667m)

SALARY CAP: $64,300,000;
CAP SPACE (16-man roster): $15,015,833

X/Richards/Gaborik
Dubi/Stepan/Callahan
Thomas/Anisimov/Hagelin
X/Boyle/Rupp

Staal/Girardi
Sauer/McD
X/Erixon

Henrik
X

A backup could be had for 750k, and I'm sure they could keep Prust for the 4th line for 1 mil, tops. MDZ would be up for an extension, but even if he had a huge breakout year, I couldn't see him getting more than 2 million.

Even if those filling those 3 holes cost you 5 million (which I doubt), that'd still leave them with a little over 10 mil to play with (and that's not assuming any additional cap raises).

Step/McD/Hagelin would be due raises the next season, so you wouldn't want to give out an 8+ mil deal or something, but you'd also have Kreider/Miller/McIllrath/Bourque hopefully all pushing for roster spots at that point, it makes a lot of sense that they'd splurge for a 3rd top of the line player that year, as just about every major contributor in the lineup would be in their prime.

Parise/Richards/Gaborik
Dubi/Stepan/Callahan
Kreider/Anisimov/Thomas
Hagelin/Boyle/(Rupp/Prust)

Staal/Girardi
McD/Sauer
MDZ/Erixon

It's a really, really long, long shot that Parise ever hits FA, but as with every FA that hits the market, the Rangers could offer two pretty good things; boatload of up front cash, and a potentially top of the line contending lineup that wouldn't have to shed much to add someone.

Like I said before, Parise with all certainty is going to resign in NJ on a long term deal, so I don't think anyone should get their hopes up.

But this team does look to be in good shape to add another big-time player next offseason without a ton of juggling, which is a good sign.

Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 10:31 AM
Synergy27

If the Rangers were employing their current draft philosophy back then, you think Parise would have been the pick at 12 in 2003? Yup, I'm still not over that one.

Synergy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 10:32 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Bit high IMHO, but not a wise decision given the timing. CBA is due to be re-negotiated next summer, no? If the cap goes down a lot, that $8 mil cap hit would sting.
If the cap gets slashed drastically the players salaries will get shaved proportionally as well... I would think

Old
07-06-2011, 10:36 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Well I doubt he becomes a Ranger. But I do think he will be gone for NJD by next summer.

Either traded at the deadline or Lou just has to eat it for the sake of the fan backlash....

He would be the Bomb on LA imo....

Than we will get to hear the Devils fans turn on him and call him out for being a over rated and no where near as good as Kovalchuk.

Old
07-06-2011, 10:40 AM
bellis25

keep dreaming new york

bellis25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 10:41 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
Like I said before, Parise with all certainty is going to resign in NJ on a long term deal, so I don't think anyone should get their hopes up.
Why should he? If I was him I'd be pissed that the Devils sold me this good soldier routine my whole career and than turned around and gave Kovalchuk 100+ million dollar deal for life... the year before its my turn to reap.

They can't match Kovys deal and Parise is the best player on the team and the guy EVERYONE sees as the face of the franchise after Marty...

There is a big difference between 60 and 100 million dollars...

He's also faced with the team losing Brodeur in the next couple of years. He's basically being asked to play second fiddle to Kovalchuk on the impending New Jersey Thrashers.

I imagine that stings a little....

Old
07-06-2011, 10:49 AM
bellis25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
FORWARDS
Marian Gaborik ($7.500m) / Brad Richards ($6.666m) / Michael Rupp ($1.500m)
Brandon Dubinsky ($4.000m) / Derek Stepan ($0.875m) / Ryan Callahan ($4.000m)
/ Artem Anisimov ($2.000m) / Brian Boyle ($1.250m)
/ Carl Hagelin ($0.662m) / Christian Thomas ($0.838m)
Rupp First line? thats a move.

bellis25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 11:40 AM
Ian
Mike York fan club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chariot View Post
Why should he? If I was him I'd be pissed that the Devils sold me this good soldier routine my whole career and than turned around and gave Kovalchuk 100+ million dollar deal for life... the year before its my turn to reap.

They can't match Kovys deal and Parise is the best player on the team and the guy EVERYONE sees as the face of the franchise after Marty...

There is a big difference between 60 and 100 million dollars...

He's also faced with the team losing Brodeur in the next couple of years. He's basically being asked to play second fiddle to Kovalchuk on the impending New Jersey Thrashers.

I imagine that stings a little....
He can probably get 7.5+ for 10, and he still might be able to get another year or two deal after that. That's not a whole lot different then the 90/10 deal that essentially Kovy has.

I don't think he cares that much about the image of that contract, nor do I think any other team would offer him significantly more on the open market. He's certainly an outstanding player when healthy, but 8+ mil to anyone besides maybe Crosby or Ovechkin is a potential cap killer down the line.

Push comes to shove, I don't think the Devils turn him away, and probably make that 7.5 something more like 7.7 or 7.8 when they likely resign him over the winter.

Ian is offline   Reply With Quote