HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

[STL] Blues sign Jamie Langenbrunner to (1/2.5mil + 300K Possible Bonuses)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-06-2011, 01:01 PM
  #51
Yog S'loth
Registered User
 
Yog S'loth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,195
vCash: 500
I think that's 13 forwards on one-way contracts for St. Louis. Looking over that roster... gonna be a tough year, I think.

Yog S'loth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 01:01 PM
  #52
Robert Theodorson
Registered User
 
Robert Theodorson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Washington DC
Country: United States
Posts: 7,347
vCash: 500
Langs will only bring misery and a bad attitude to the young Blues

I do not like this signing at all. He was a cancer in NJ and after we got rid of him he ruined the Stars' season.

The Arnott pickup was good, thats the kind of guy you want around such a young bubble team, but not Langs

Robert Theodorson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 01:07 PM
  #53
Chojin
Tiny Panger...
 
Chojin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,985
vCash: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yog S'loth View Post
I think that's 13 forwards on one-way contracts for St. Louis. Looking over that roster... gonna be a tough year, I think.
Tough year like how? Tough for the Blues or tough to play against?

It's pretty hard to argue that the Blues aren't improved over last year, when half of their skaters were AHL callups who were mediocre even for the minors.

Chojin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 01:09 PM
  #54
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,939
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotmonte View Post
You Jersey fans are always so volatile when it comes to ex-devils. You guys need to grow up.
Like you have any clue how I regard former players xD

GM17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 01:10 PM
  #55
SteenMachine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Fenton, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 4,109
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM17 View Post
Like you have any clue how I regard former players xD
Well if they weren't all pushing 40 we'd finally find out.

SteenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 01:11 PM
  #56
KingJet*
Welcome Back
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,651
vCash: 500
no difference, the blues will still be terrible next year, no matter how young they are, its their coaching staff that sucks

KingJet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 01:11 PM
  #57
deckercky
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 5,002
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
The Devils and Stars had problems that had nothing to do with Langenbrunner. All of this "touch of death" crap is getting old...
I don't think people really attributed that much to him until there was a stark changing of fortunes on both teams as soon as Langenbrunner switched teams.

Still....overall a solid signing and a 1 year deal. Blues needed extra forward depth and both Langenbrunner and Arnott provide that and can step into top 6 roles for the short term if injuries take their toll on the team again.

deckercky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 01:14 PM
  #58
Stealth JD
Drexel's dead!!!
 
Stealth JD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Safari Motor Motel
Country: United States
Posts: 6,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yog S'loth View Post
I think that's 13 forwards on one-way contracts for St. Louis. Looking over that roster... gonna be a tough year, I think.
If everyone is healthy at some point:

Perron-Berglund-Stewart
McDonald-Backes-D'Agostini
Steen-Arnott-Oshie
Sobotka-Nichol-Langenbrunner
extra: Crombeen, Reaves, Porter

Jackman-Pietrangelo
Colaiacovo-Polak
Huskins-Shattenkirk
extra: Nikitin, Cole

Halak
Bishop/Elliot


Yeah...they suck. Size and talent down the middle. Speed, skill and strength on the wings. A nice blend of veterans and youth. An all world goalie and a mobile, puck-moving defense. Long year indeed.


Last edited by Stealth JD: 07-06-2011 at 01:20 PM.
Stealth JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 01:15 PM
  #59
SteenMachine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Fenton, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 4,109
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJet View Post
no difference, the blues will still be terrible next year, no matter how young they are, its their coaching staff that sucks
This is the 3rd coach in 5 years? And his 2nd year ever as a full time NHL coach... so how the hell would you know?

SteenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 01:17 PM
  #60
Overkamp
Registered User
 
Overkamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 2,090
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJet View Post
no difference, the blues will still be terrible next year, no matter how young they are, its their coaching staff that sucks


Forgot the blue font..

I'd be willing to put a friendly wager on your statement..but somehow I doubt you'd back it up.

Overkamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 01:21 PM
  #61
Wingman77
Glory Days
 
Wingman77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 16,833
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
New Jersey was a cluster eff for everyone. Langenbrunner is a good player.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMapleLaughs View Post
This is what i don't get.

He was the team captain. He put in a lot of solid years in NJ. Why did he alluvasudden turn into the devil? So to speak.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotmonte View Post
You Jersey fans are always so volatile when it comes to ex-devils. You guys need to grow up.
Before talking out of your *****, perhaps it wouldn't hurt to actually know what happened during the end of Jamie's time here.....vvvvv

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
I can't speek for the situation in Dallas but regarding the situation in New Jersey, he was a big part of the problem.

He was asked to waive his NMC/NTC in order to fit in Kovalchuk when he got signed to a 15 year deal and took it the wrong way. He acted like a little ***** under Lemaire and wasn't any better under MacLean when he was supposed to be our leader/captain.

He refused to take a shot in one of our shootouts two years ago cause Jacques didn't put him as a top 3 shooter and Zach had to convince him, on the bench, to take it. That story was reported by Mario Tremblay, who was our assistant at the time, on CKAC radio in Montreal. He also refused to join the team on a road trip leading to Carolina when he was told he was going to be a healty scratch... not the kind of leadership you want out of your captain.

Langenbrunner is a big crybaby when he doesn't get what he wants and I just hope that the trainwreck of a season he just went threw will make him realise certain things.
This along with the fact that when the Devils played the Stars for the first time with Jamie on the Stars, there were obviously interviews with local reporters about it and he said when he was asked to waive the NTC, he felt like he wasn't wanted and didn't know what he was even playing for at that point.......

Now let's think about this for a second.......this is coming from your team captain, the guy who is supposed to rally the troops through thick and thin, lead by example to the rest of the team, and he can't put being asked to waive his NTC behind and just go out and try to prove the organization wrong by producing on the ice and in the locker room, so he instead decides to pout and whine about it?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by committedindian86 View Post
Stop blaming him for the Devils bad start. Not a 1st liner but decent 2nd/3rd option.
Nobody is blaming him for the Devils bad start, that's absolutely ridiculus there are plenty of things and people who went into the bad start

Wingman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 01:24 PM
  #62
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by committedindian86 View Post
Stop blaming him for the Devils bad start. Not a 1st liner but decent 2nd/3rd option.
It's pretty funny that fans from opposing teams know more about what happend with Langenbrunner in New Jersey then Devils fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chariot View Post
Langs is a quality sign. Don't listen to the sour grapes on here.

Good move for the Blues
Sour grapes?

Everyone was thrilled he got moved for a 3rd round pick when it was announced. Our record after his departure is another indication that we were happy to see him leave. If by sour grapes, you mean jumping for joy and feeling some relief, then yeah.... you're spot on.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 01:26 PM
  #63
Stang
Registered User
 
Stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 4,006
vCash: 500
Andy Strickland
Jason Arnott's value comes in at just under $3 million
less than 1 minute ago from Mobile Web

(deals are supposedly identical)

Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 01:29 PM
  #64
SteenMachine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Fenton, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 4,109
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman77 View Post
Before talking out of your *****, perhaps it wouldn't hurt to actually know what happened during the end of Jamie's time here.....vvvvv



This along with the fact that when the Devils played the Stars for the first time with Jamie on the Stars, there were obviously interviews with local reporters about it and he said when he was asked to waive the NTC, he felt like he wasn't wanted and didn't know what he was even playing for at that point.......

Now let's think about this for a second.......this is coming from your team captain, the guy who is supposed to rally the troops through thick and thin, lead by example to the rest of the team, and he can't put being asked to waive his NTC behind and just go out and try to prove the organization wrong by producing on the ice and in the locker room, so he instead decides to pout and whine about it?!?




Nobody is blaming him for the Devils bad start, that's absolutely ridiculus there are plenty of things and people who went into the bad start
Uh the guy devoted his entire prime to that organization, helped guys like Parise and Zajac get where they are and the moment a big money russian guy with a whole 4 games of playoff experience hits the market Lou goes ******* and throws a worse contract than DiPietro's at him... suddenly it's Langs' fault he thought being on the team who tried to ditch him is a waste of his time?

SteenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 01:35 PM
  #65
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks
 
Rivet52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,826
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
Good signing by the Blues. Langenbrunner in a bottom 6 role should have a respectable amount of things to offer that team. Adds another veteran, Cup winner, and leader. Don't get much of the hate from Devils fans; he's gone now so it's fine for New Jersey. No reason he can't be successful somewhere else.

Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 01:35 PM
  #66
Wingman77
Glory Days
 
Wingman77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 16,833
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteenMachine View Post
Uh the guy devoted his entire prime to that organization, helped guys like Parise and Zajac get where they are and the moment a big money russian guy with a whole 4 games of playoff experience hits the market Lou goes ******* and throws a worse contract than DiPietro's at him... suddenly it's Langs' fault he thought being on the team who tried to ditch him is a waste of his time?
But we are not talking about all of the good things that Jamie did for the Devils though......

People who do not follow the Devils on a daily basis do not know a lot of what went on during the end of Jamie's tenure here with the Devils and often do not understand why there is a lot of dislike towards him

Something else that was left out......Tremblay said on that Canadian radio that on the year in review sheets that Lou gave out, both Lemaire and Tremblay put down on the sheet that of the changes that needed to be made, was a change in leadership and that Jamie needed go be moved......it was time for both parties to move on

and once again, nobody is throwing the entire bad start by the Devils on him, it's coming from you guys who don't know the situation and for whatever reason think we blame the entire thing on him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivet52 View Post
Good signing by the Blues. Langenbrunner in a bottom 6 role should have a respectable amount of things to offer that team. Adds another veteran, Cup winner, and leader. Don't get much of the hate from Devils fans; he's gone now so it's fine for New Jersey. No reason he can't be successful somewhere else.
Exactly, this could be the fresh of breath air Jamie has needed

If your team captain did a lot of the things Jamie did the last year or so of his Devils tenure, you'd be just as upset. Again there is a lot that people who don't follow the Devils on a daily basis, don't know about in regards to things he did that warrant why he left on a sour note

Wingman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 01:37 PM
  #67
Red08
Registered User
 
Red08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 702
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJet View Post
no difference, the blues will still be terrible next year, no matter how young they are, its their coaching staff that sucks
Considering you have to go back 5 years to 2006-2007 before the Thrashers had more points than the Blues, what does that make the Jets/Thrashers?! Also, I think most people would agree that the Blues have a better team (now and in the future) than the Jets…

Red08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 01:37 PM
  #68
KaraLupin
카라
 
KaraLupin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,619
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedeSpeedBackstrom View Post
Langs will only bring misery and a bad attitude to the young Blues

I do not like this signing at all. He was a cancer in NJ and after we got rid of him he ruined the Stars' season.

The Arnott pickup was good, thats the kind of guy you want around such a young bubble team, but not Langs
Agreed.

KaraLupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 01:39 PM
  #69
KaraLupin
카라
 
KaraLupin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,619
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth JD View Post
If everyone is healthy at some point:

Perron-Berglund-Stewart
McDonald-Backes-D'Agostini
Steen-Arnott-Oshie
Sobotka-Nichol-Langenbrunner
extra: Crombeen, Reaves, Porter

Jackman-Pietrangelo
Colaiacovo-Polak
Huskins-Shattenkirk
extra: Nikitin, Cole

Halak
Bishop/Elliot


Yeah...they suck. Size and talent down the middle. Speed, skill and strength on the wings. A nice blend of veterans and youth. An all world goalie and a mobile, puck-moving defense. Long year indeed.
Looking at that makes me excited.

KaraLupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 01:42 PM
  #70
SteenMachine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Fenton, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 4,109
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman77 View Post
But we are not talking about all of the good things that Jamie did for the Devils though......

People who do not follow the Devils on a daily basis do not know a lot of what went on during the end of Jamie's tenure here with the Devils and often do not understand why there is a lot of dislike towards him

Something else that was left out......Tremblay said on that Canadian radio that on the year in review sheets that Lou gave out, both Lemaire and Tremblay put down on the sheet that of the changes that needed to be made, was a change in leadership and that Jamie needed go be moved......it was time for both parties to move on

and once again, nobody is throwing the entire bad start by the Devils on him, it's coming from you guys who don't know the situation and for whatever reason think we blame the entire thing on him



Exactly, this could be the fresh of breath air Jamie has needed

If your team captain did a lot of the things Jamie did the last year or so of his Devils tenure, you'd be just as upset. Again there is a lot that people who don't follow the Devils on a daily basis, don't know about in regards to things he did that warrant why he left on a sour note
Well thanks for having the patience to explain it and not doing the snarky crap like highlight "leadership" and laugh.

SteenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 01:46 PM
  #71
Stang
Registered User
 
Stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 4,006
vCash: 500
Jeremy Rutherford
Both Langenbrunner and Arnott will make $2.5 million with potential bonuses that could add up to $2.8 individually.
just now from TweetDeck

Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 01:46 PM
  #72
Celtic Note
Moderator
Chi Town Bound
 
Celtic Note's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 8,447
vCash: 500
I like the deals. Some incentive to perform and 2.5M is not a bad price.

Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 01:48 PM
  #73
Overkamp
Registered User
 
Overkamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 2,090
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red08 View Post
Considering you have to go back 5 years to 2006-2007 before the Thrashers had more points than the Blues, what does that make the Jets/Thrashers?! Also, I think most people would agree that the Blues have a better team (now and in the future) than the Jets…
The Jets/Thrashers wouldn't have placed any higher than 13-15th in the Western Conference the last few years. It's feast-or-feast in the WC.

Overkamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 01:49 PM
  #74
Overkamp
Registered User
 
Overkamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 2,090
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zundo View Post
jprutherford Jeremy Rutherford
Both Langenbrunner and Arnott will make $2.5 million with potential bonuses that could add up to $2.8 individually.
Fair enough for me.

Overkamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 01:57 PM
  #75
taylord22
Registered User
 
taylord22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 980
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yog S'loth View Post
I think that's 13 forwards on one-way contracts for St. Louis. Looking over that roster... gonna be a tough year, I think.
Remember, the Blues were top 10 in the league in goals last year -- on a roster that looked like:

Steen -- Berglund -- Stewart (last 1/3 of year)
AMac(missed 20 games) -- Backes -- Oshie (missed 25+games)
Crombeen -- Sobotka -- D'Agostini/Brad Boyes (dealt at deadline)
Chris Porter -- Adam Cracknall -- Brad Winchester (dealt at deadline)


2011-12 Healthy Line-up

Perron -- Berglund -- Stewart
AMac -- Backes -- Oshie
Steen -- Arnott -- Jamie L/D'Agostini
Crombeen/Sobtka -- Nichols/Sobotka -- Jamie L/D'Agostini

That's size/skill at C that only a couple of teams (LA, Pitt, Philly, SJ, Van?) can (out)match

20 goal scorers across the board on the 3rd line, one of the better 4th lines in the league, and a team defense that would rival almost anyone in the league.

On paper, this team makes the playoffs. In fact, if the Blues core can play with consistency up to their potential + stay healthy...this team is going to do a lot more than sneak into the playoffs.

taylord22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:44 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.