HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Possibility of getting Parise???

Old
07-06-2011, 11:41 AM
Ian
Mike York fan club

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellis25 View Post
Rupp First line? thats a move.
Guess you've never used CapGeek? Good troll though.

Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 11:57 AM
Rust Heisenberg

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTheGr8 View Post
Lol..wow, thanks for this thread. I needed a good laugh.

A few things to consider.

#1, The Rangers and Devils have NEVER made a trade. EVER.

#2, The Rangers have made ONE offer sheet proposal in the last 14 years. ONE. To Joe Sakic. And we all saw how well THAT worked out. Colorado matched, and the Rangers were pretty much despised by the entire league for a long time after it. The league looks down on offer sheets. Big time. So, it's not happening. Not with Parise, and not with Stamkos.

#3, Lou hates the Rangers. HATES them. Probably as much as Devils fans themselves..and he knows his fans would riot like Vancouver if we were ever allowed to sign Parise. This is not Bobby Holik. This is not Scott Gomez. This is Zach Parise. The face of their franchise, pretty much right now. And he will be so even more after Marty retires. Do any of you honestly think Lou would EVER allow something like that to happen??

Oh, and one more thing. Parise would just never do it. Plain and simple.

So get off this idea already. I know it's enticing. And believe me, I would cream my pants if it EVER did happen. But it's never happening. EVER.
Just like Gomez and Holik would never do it?

Youre first 3 reasons are valid. I don't expect us to get him via trade or offer sheet (not that we can offer him an offer sheet anymore), and if Lou doesn't pony up the money Parise wants (which i suspect he won't after Parise has kind of fallen out of favor with Devils management) then I think, the Rangers are the most likely landing spot for Parise when he hits free agency in a year.

Why?

1) He probably lives in NY or close to it. The move means he doesn't have to move at all or far. He's used to the area, why change it?
2) He'll come to an immediate cup contender.
3) He fits the mold of this team, he'll come in right away and be accepted by the players and coach and the identity they are trying to build.
4) Up and coming team, means likely lasting success.
5) To stick it to the Devils.
6) He'll likely get the same amount of money here if not more than anywhere else.
7) As i said, there is an allure and prestige to playing for the Rangers. Especially for Devil's players who come to MSG often and see how big of a difference playing in MSG for our fans is than for playing at the Prudential Center for their fans.
8) Playoffs time - MSG is crazy. Prudential center doesn't come close to selling out.
9) A stanley cup victory - as a member for the Rangers would mean endorsements, fame, and longevity in the organization and with the fans (think Mattheau, Graves, Richter, Messier, amongst others). They are still very highly regarded with the fans, and that may even lead to future jobs after a player's career is over - i.e Adam Graves. As a member for the Devils - it would mean something for a year, maybe 2, then be forgotten about. Rangers fans speak and reminisce more about the '94 cup than Devils fans do about the '03 cup. It'll mean more as a player to win it for a club whose fans care more.

There are a lot more reasons for him to come over to the Rangers than to stay in NJ. The only reason I can see is if he's loyal. I doubt the Devils blow him away with some extension offer. He'll likely be a fa at the end of the year and hopefully wearing Ranger blue at the start of next season.

Rust Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 12:00 PM
Ruotsalainen29
Zhoo-Zhitsu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post

Youre first 3 reasons are valid. I don't expect us to get him via trade or offer sheet (not that we can offer him an offer sheet anymore), and if Lou doesn't pony up the money Parise wants (which i suspect he won't after Parise has kind of fallen out of favor with Devils management) then I think, the Rangers are the most likely landing spot for Parise when he hits free agency in a year.

Why?

1) He probably lives in NY or close to it. The move means he doesn't have to move at all or far. He's used to the area, why change it?
3) He fits the mold of this team, he'll come in right away and be accepted by the players and coach and the identity they are trying to build.
6) He'll likely get the same amount of money here if not more than anywhere else.
7) As i said, there is an allure and prestige to playing for the Rangers. Especially for Devil's players who come to MSG often and see how big of a difference playing in MSG for our fans is than for playing at the Prudential Center for their fans.
8) Playoffs time - MSG is crazy. Prudential center doesn't come close to selling out.
9) A stanley cup victory - as a member for the Rangers would mean endorsements, fame, and longevity in the organization and with the fans (think Mattheau, Graves, Richter, Messier, amongst others). They are still very highly regarded with the fans, and that may even lead to future jobs after a player's career is over - i.e Adam Graves. As a member for the Devils - it would mean something for a year, maybe 2, then be forgotten about. Rangers fans speak and reminisce more about the '94 cup than Devils fans do about the '03 cup. It'll mean more as a player to win it for a club whose fans care more.

There are a lot more reasons for him to come over to the Rangers than to stay in NJ. The only reason I can see is if he's loyal. I doubt the Devils blow him away with some extension offer. He'll likely be a fa at the end of the year and hopefully wearing Ranger blue at the start of next season.
Good points but a lot would have to break right for him to sign with us, especially considering the almost certain change to the CBA and how it would effect contracts going forward. It's still a very slim chance he wears a Rangers uniform anytime soon.

P.S.

Parise lives in Hoboken and by all accounts, loves it.

Ruotsalainen29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 12:18 PM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

Quote:

Why?

You make very good points with everything you say, and I respect all of those elements. But I just don't see it happening. Gomez and Holik were different. Holik, had a big mouth, made it clear that he wasn't happy with how the organization treated him, and pretty much did it to stick it to them. Gomez was an arrogant little ****, who flat out lied, said he would never go to the Rangers, and did. And everyone knew he was gonna..I had no doubts either of them would sign with us. Parise is different. He has a David Wright/Derek Jeter type personality. He seems very loyal, and very genuine. And from being married to a Devils fan who is a season ticket holder, and who knows a lot of people in the organization, I just don't see it. But hey..if I'm wrong, I'll be the first to admit it.

TonyTheGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 12:43 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
He can probably get 7.5+ for 10, and he still might be able to get another year or two deal after that. That's not a whole lot different then the 90/10 deal that essentially Kovy has.
Crosby gave the Pens a break...

7.5 mill for 10 years would be a good deal for a healthy Zach Parise.

Thats still 20 mill less than Kovy

Twenty Million Dollars Less

07-06-2011, 12:56 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
You make very good points with everything you say, and I respect all of those elements. But I just don't see it happening. Gomez and Holik were different. Holik, had a big mouth, made it clear that he wasn't happy with how the organization treated him, and pretty much did it to stick it to them. Gomez was an arrogant little ****, who flat out lied, said he would never go to the Rangers, and did. And everyone knew he was gonna..I had no doubts either of them would sign with us. Parise is different. He has a David Wright/Derek Jeter type personality. He seems very loyal, and very genuine. And from being married to a Devils fan who is a season ticket holder, and who knows a lot of people in the organization, I just don't see it. But hey..if I'm wrong, I'll be the first to admit it.
Hey listen, as I said your first 3 reasons for not being able to trade for him are true. I just don't put a lot of substance on what players say. Money and prestige definitely talk. And from everything i've been hearing there is a mutual rift growing apart from Devil's management and Parise himself.

And for Jeter to stay with the Yankees for as long as he has, has been a conjoint effort from both his side and the Yankees side. They've ponied up the money to keep him happy, gotten him an amazing supporting cast to keep him happy and always in the hunt for a championship, and up until this last year never publicly stood against him. The Devils are not in contention for a cup. Their star goalie is almost done (which is an enormous problem since a franchise goalie is the hardest piece to find). And their talent is no longer as deep as it used to be. Plus, he's in a weird position with the management. He may be loyal but he'll also do what's best for himself and from what it looks like it'll only get worse for Parise and the Devils.

Think about it this way. Parise pretty much gave the Devils this offseason to lock him up contractually, at a reasonable price. From what I heard his asking price was about 6.5-7 mill for 5-7 years. For a player who's a vital piece to their success, who is JUST entering his prime, at the age of 26 or so, this was his loyalty discount to the Devils. They were not going after any big time FA's (like the Rangers were - which is there reason for letting Callahan, Dubinsky, Sauer, Anisimov, and Boyle all go to arbitration), they are not that strapped for cash, there was no reason for them not to resign him. I think he's a ranger next year. That's just my opinion though. I may be reading into this too much.

Old
07-06-2011, 12:59 PM
bellis25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
Guess you've never used CapGeek? Good troll though.
I guess your not good at making assumptions about other posters, or making hypothetical lineups

bellis25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 01:08 PM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

Quote:
Hey listen, as I said your first 3 reasons for not being able to trade for him are true. I just don't put a lot of substance on what players say. Money and prestige definitely talk. And from everything i've been hearing there is a mutual rift growing apart from Devil's management and Parise himself.

And for Jeter to stay with the Yankees for as long as he has, has been a conjoint effort from both his side and the Yankees side. They've ponied up the money to keep him happy, gotten him an amazing supporting cast to keep him happy and always in the hunt for a championship, and up until this last year never publicly stood against him. The Devils are not in contention for a cup. Their star goalie is almost done (which is an enormous problem since a franchise goalie is the hardest piece to find). And their talent is no longer as deep as it used to be. Plus, he's in a weird position with the management. He may be loyal but he'll also do what's best for himself and from what it looks like it'll only get worse for Parise and the Devils.

Think about it this way. Parise pretty much gave the Devils this offseason to lock him up contractually, at a reasonable price. From what I heard his asking price was about 6.5-7 mill for 5-7 years. For a player who's a vital piece to their success, who is JUST entering his prime, at the age of 26 or so, this was his loyalty discount to the Devils. They were not going after any big time FA's (like the Rangers were - which is there reason for letting Callahan, Dubinsky, Sauer, Anisimov, and Boyle all go to arbitration), they are not that strapped for cash, there was no reason for them not to resign him. I think he's a ranger next year. That's just my opinion though. I may be reading into this too much.
Lol..well, from your lips to God's ears. Like I said, if it happens, I will cream my pants, and be the first on here saying I was wrong. That is, after I put out various fires in my closet from the wife burning ALL of my Rangers jerseys!

Old
07-06-2011, 01:12 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Lol..well, from your lips to God's ears. Like I said, if it happens, I will cream my pants, and be the first on here saying I was wrong. That is, after I put out various fires in my closet from the wife burning ALL of my Rangers jerseys!
Hahaha maybe it'll mean she converts to being a Rangers fan... Best case scenario...

Old
07-06-2011, 01:17 PM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

Quote:
Hahaha maybe it'll mean she converts to being a Rangers fan... Best case scenario...
Haha...oh boy, getting aroused just thinking of that!