HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Breaking News: MacInnis Possibly out for Season

Closed Thread

Old
10-17-2003, 01:21 PM
Yayo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by guinness
Wow, both MacInnis and Hatcher, how come the Avs homers aren't in here gloating?
Classy.

Old
10-17-2003, 01:31 PM
degroat*

This sucks... with MacInnis' injury, the 11th dman on the Blues' depth chart will be playing tomorrow night.... the 1, 3, 6, 7, 10, & 11 guys. Ouch.

Good thing Salvador (#4) comes back next week.

Old
10-17-2003, 08:13 PM
wazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsGuy
was i acting badly? i didn't think so. if Peter Forsberg detached his retina, people would not only be cheering, but reminding us Avs fans that he probably detached his retina while diving.

i don't have anything against Al MacInnis, but is this good news for the Avs? most definitely.
You are probably right about how this board would react to a Forsberg injury. After all, Kings fans still make jokes about Forsberg's spleen.

However, you cannot excuse your behavior because others behave just as badly. Did you ever hear of the concept of sportsmanship?

And if you don't care about sportsmanship, could you at least consider the karma you are creating for Avs fans.

And if neither sportsmanship or karma give you reason enough not to gloat, you might consider this: Gloating about an opposing player's injury says much about you. Is that the picture you want to paint of yourself?

Old
10-17-2003, 08:16 PM
Yayo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazee
You are probably right about how this board would react to a Forsberg injury. After all, Kings fans still make jokes about Forsberg's spleen.

However, you cannot excuse your behavior because others behave just as badly. Did you ever hear of the concept of sportsmanship?

And if you don't care about sportsmanship, could you at least consider the karma you are creating for Avs fans.

And if neither sportsmanship or karma give you reason enough not to gloat, you might consider this: Gloating about an opposing player's injury says much about you. Is that the picture you want to paint of yourself?
I thought AvsGuy was being sarcastic...

Old
10-17-2003, 08:28 PM
kira

Send a message via ICQ to kira Send a message via Yahoo to kira
If this is indeed the end of the line for MacInnis, then I am sorry that it has to end this way. He always had one of the hardest shots in the league, and I've lost count how many times he won that contest on the All-Star weekend.

But if the eye is hurt that bad, he doesn't need to make things worse. A knee is one thing - and sad that I am to see Hatcher out, I have great faith that he'll be back. But you don't play around when it comes to your vision - eyes don't heal all that well...in fact there's always a chance of making things worse.

I for one will be sorry to see it end like this, but as I said, your vision is more important...you need it for a lifetime.

Old
10-17-2003, 09:34 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloydianSlip
I like MacInnis, since we both are from Cape Breton.

Hopefully he isn't out for the season.

Hatcher is a different story. I don't like the guy and could care less if he plays or not.
Same. I hate to see players go down to injury regardless of the team, but Hatcher's injury probably saves many others from getting injured. :/

Old
10-17-2003, 09:37 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazee

Sheesh, don't get carried away here...

Old
10-18-2003, 06:38 AM
AvsGuy

yeah, i'm not all anti-Al MacInnis, not sure where this came from. hope he's ok, but for now, tough luck for the Blues. go avs. sheesh.

Old
10-18-2003, 07:58 AM
A Good Flying Bird*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloydianSlip
since we both are from Cape Breton.

How's life on the cape?

Old
10-18-2003, 08:18 AM
Zodiac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsguyone
How's life on the cape?

Life is pretty good. I suppose it can always be a bit better but no real complaints.

Old
10-20-2003, 11:17 AM
Blueline29

Sorry for jumpin' in so late on this, but in case anyone was curious, MacInnis actually had surgery on both eyes on Friday, which was announced in a late-afternoon press conference on Sat.--in his previously-injured eye, he had his detached retina repaired and the lens removed (after the original injury, the lens had been tilted back and he'd required a special contact lens that almost acted in place of his natural lens, and that's what, presumably, he'll use now), and he had some "retinal weakening" corrected in the other eye (which is supposed to prevent further damage.)

Here's a link to the story:
http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/spo...+lose+MacInnis

Whatever he decides to do in terms of his career, I hope he gets better soon and is able to lead a normal life. He's definitely one of the classiest guys in sports and we miss him already.

Old
10-20-2003, 11:21 AM
Burke's Evil Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by kira
He always had one of the hardest shots in the league, and I've lost count how many times he won that contest on the All-Star weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavel datsyuk
....could be a blessing in disguise. When Mac is at the point winding up, players will be even more apt to get the hell out of the way if they know he can't see what he's looking at.

Christ, i'd move.

...and injury troubles continue for the Blues. Dammit, I have tickets to Canucks/Blues on Wednesday and I was hoping to see MacInnis.

Old
10-20-2003, 11:24 AM
MoS*

bad news for the blues

a pronger at 50% and now macinnis gone for the season

looks like this is a true calling for jackman and lets see if he can really step up and be the man and build on his rookie season

Old
10-20-2003, 11:44 AM
blues1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoS
bad news for the blues

a pronger at 50% and now macinnis gone for the season

looks like this is a true calling for jackman and lets see if he can really step up and be the man and build on his rookie season
So far this year Pronger has been great and he looks to be atleast 80 to 90%. No question the lose of Mac hurts but I think the defence will be better with Pronger and without Mac than the other way around.

Old
10-20-2003, 01:37 PM
degroat*

Yea.. don't know where he got that 50% nonsense from...

Closed Thread