HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

44th Obsequious Banter Thread - The Most Interesting Thread in the World

Closed Thread

Old
07-05-2011, 07:07 PM
BernieParent

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirimon View Post
When my kid sister (ten years younger than me) were around 1 years old she refused to eat anything unless this film was playing at the same time:

She has always been extremely stubborn, so she got her will through. This went on for about half a year to three quarters of a year, and hence I pretty much know that film's dialogue from end to end still today.

For me though, Winnie the Pooh, or Nalle Puh here in Sweden, should be read by the great actor Allan Edwall. That's the real stuff.

(I'll be sure to see this new film though.)
For my kids, Pooh always came after the meal.

(quietly slinks away)

Old
07-05-2011, 11:46 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by infidelappel View Post
My thinking, from reading some books, is that I'd probably take off from work for about 3 weeks. During that time, I'd ramp up the crate time until it approaches the amount it might see during the day when it's older...and then, talking to my boss, it may be possible to schedule my day such that I can go home and walk said dog at lunch for at least the first couple months.

Really, I'm trying to figure out how long it would take until it would be alright if it didn't have that break during the day. I do have a roommate who usually gets home like an hour before I do, but I don't want to put the responsibility on him of having to clear HIS schedule to go home and do it.

It's tough to figure out. Some dog owners have told me at a certain age it could manage, others have told me not at all. Depending on the breed, I could just take it to work with me, but I don't want a 'small' dog so at a point it's going to outgrow that ability.

It's tricky.
Doesn't sound practical for you right now. A puppy even more so. Do you think getting an adult would make it easier? Maybe a rescue?

Old
07-05-2011, 11:56 PM
infidelappel*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
Doesn't sound practical for you right now. A puppy even more so. Do you think getting an adult would make it easier? Maybe a rescue?
Very possible. Some of my friends have suggested more of a juvenile - something at least a year old. So it's still kinda young and puppy-ish, but not in a heavy developmental stage and requiring a lot of constant attention.

Old
07-06-2011, 12:05 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Very possible. Some of my friends have suggested more of a juvenile - something at least a year old. So it's still kinda young and puppy-ish, but not in a heavy developmental stage and requiring a lot of constant attention.
My last dog was a pit. She was a rescue who was abandoned when she got pregnant. The sweetest dog my family has ever had. Good luck whichever way you decide.

Old
07-06-2011, 12:07 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirimon View Post
When my kid sister (ten years younger than me) were around 1 years old she refused to eat anything unless this film was playing at the same time:

She has always been extremely stubborn, so she got her will through. This went on for about half a year to three quarters of a year, and hence I pretty much know that film's dialogue from end to end still today.

For me though, Winnie the Pooh, or Nalle Puh here in Sweden, should be read by the great actor Allan Edwall. That's the real stuff.

(I'll be sure to see this new film though.)
Wow, 20 years later I still know all the words to that theme song.

07-06-2011, 12:52 AM
FlyersFan30
lolwut

For any of you people that were on the Ben Franklin Parkway for the 4th of July concert/fireworks, do you have any idea of what the hell happened?

I was standing somewhat close to the fountain watching the fireworks when I turn my head and look back to see a stampede of people running and screaming towards me. It was some crazy stuff.

I know this probably is a little late, but I've been trying to find out what FULLY happened and figured this would be a better place than any to find out, and see how bad it was anywhere else in the crowd.

Old
07-06-2011, 10:14 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1638
I'm not sure how many saw this but likely some would be interested:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/23505...h_for_now.html

Quote:
Google has shut down its Realtime Search offering after its agreement to include Twitter results expired.

The search giant appears to be planning to incorporate results from its own newly launched Google+ service instead of Twitter posts.

Google started including information like status updates and other public content from sites including Twitter and Facebook in search results in 2009. Initially, the results were incorporated into the main search site where users could navigate through the filtering options on the left-hand column to see the Realtime results.

But last year Google launched a standalone page, google.com/realtime, where users could specifically search for such results.

That URL is now displaying a 404 error page that says: The requested URL /realtime was not found on this server. That's all we know.

Old
07-06-2011, 10:16 AM
JagerPuck

Send a message via AIM to JagerPuck
Kenopka just signed in Ottawa for 700k.
We payed Talbot all that money over that term and we could have had a better player for half the price.
Good job homer.

Old
07-06-2011, 10:17 AM
infidelappel*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
My last dog was a pit. She was a rescue who was abandoned when she got pregnant. The sweetest dog my family has ever had. Good luck whichever way you decide.
Thanks, man...when/if the time comes I'm probably gonna get a lab mix rescue. Not sure what it'll be mixed with, but...

Old
07-06-2011, 10:36 AM
mm6492

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
I'm not sure how many saw this but likely some would be interested:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/23505...h_for_now.html
Bullcrap, i liked using that thing.

Old
07-06-2011, 10:40 AM
infidelappel*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagerPuck View Post
We payed Talbot all that money over that term and we could have had a better player for half the price.
Good job homer.
Talbot is a much better player than Konopka.

Old
07-06-2011, 12:42 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
Talbot is a much better player than Konopka.
Seconded.

Old
07-06-2011, 12:47 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagerPuck View Post
Good job homer.
Konopka is not a better player then Talbot.

Old
07-06-2011, 01:01 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

The Baltimore-Washington Parkway is closed because of some dude wielding a shotgun and a sledgehammer. This is the most "Mad Max" thing I've heard of since Killdozer.

Old
07-06-2011, 01:04 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
The Baltimore-Washington Parkway is closed because of some dude wielding a shotgun and a sledgehammer. This is the most "Mad Max" thing I've heard of since Killdozer.
One of those times where it'd be great to have a "WHY U HEFF TO BE MAD!? HE IS A NICE GUY!" poster laying around in your car...

Old
07-06-2011, 01:07 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
One of those times where it'd be great to have a "WHY U HEFF TO BE MAD!? HE IS A NICE GUY!" poster laying around in your car...
Apparently he charged across the parkway, beat up a car with a sledgehammer, and then shot the speed camera attached to the car. That's Viking **** right there.

Old
07-06-2011, 02:23 PM
Bryz4shiz

Hobo with a Sledgehammer

Old
07-06-2011, 03:18 PM
Ghost of Downie*

Quote:

I'm guessing it's just an elaborate Casey Anthony protest.

Old
07-06-2011, 03:54 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Any cat people on here? I have two cats about two years old. How long is too long to leave them alone? We've left them alone from Friday night to Sunday afternoon/night a million times and have never had a problem (left extra food and water, etc). This weekend we plan on going home Thursday night until Monday afternoon/night. Sounds a little long to me but the wife says that if there's enough food, water, and litter cats can pretty much be alone forever. Anyone got any info on this?
Don't leave them more than 24 hours. I'm a pet sitter and have had to take a number of client cats to the vet because they hide illness really well. I don't even take jobs where I don't see the cat at least once a day. I'm sure you aren't the only one that does this but it if you leave them too long it's considered animal abandonment.

Old
07-06-2011, 03:59 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
On a related note, for how long can a dog, well and properly crate trained, be alone during the day without being miserable or making a mess of its space?

I'm researching puppies (and how to raise them) because I've always wanted one, but I work 10 hour days M-F...I've had some suggested that it'd be fine, others that any dog under 1 year old would be bad news...any ideas, folks?
If you're gone 10 hours you need at least 2 visits a day for a young pup, more likely 3. I'm starting with a 9 week old tomorrow and her owners are letting her out at 8:30 and I'm going at 12 and 3:30 and they'll be home by 6:30 or 7.

I've had other puppies where it was the same length of workday and I went over every 2 hours for the first couple of weeks. I've got adult dogs who can seemingly hold it for 12 hours while others can't go beyond 5. It all depends on the dog so there is no hard and fast rule.

Most of my clients have taken a week off the first week the puppy was home and I started going after.

Old
07-06-2011, 04:02 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

I think the clear solution here to just have woof raise your dog for a little while.

Old
07-06-2011, 04:09 PM
Opus
Boondoggle

Cesar Milan might have something to say about all this.

Old
07-06-2011, 04:29 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
I think the clear solution here to just have woof raise your dog for a little while.
Sure, if he's on the east side of Toronto! But regardless, it's a huge step and the first year especially is very expensive so it you're going to get a dog, just make sure you realize all that is involved.

Old
07-06-2011, 04:30 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus View Post
Cesar Milan might have something to say about all this.
Don't believe everything you see with these dog trainers that have TV shows. They don't show you what they don't want to.

Old
07-06-2011, 05:07 PM
Opus
Boondoggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
Don't believe everything you see with these dog trainers that have TV shows. They don't show you what they don't want to.
Oh I know, I was just horsing around.

Speaking of dogs, here is mine...

She's a great dog, and I love her so.

Closed Thread