HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Oilers as trading partners (merged)

Old
07-06-2011, 01:52 AM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Both would take overpayment we wouldn't want to part assets with. Eberle is their savior, grew up an Oilers fan, loves the city (shockingly) and is clutch. Paajarvi could be available later if some of their LW prospects develop well.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 01:52 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
id love to pry MPS from them. Id Do MDZ+a first for him.

I think hes going to be a stud.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 01:54 AM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
My bad. I forgot how bent out of shape teenagers get over a simple proposal. If you think DZ for Paajarvi is way off-base, then I really cant help you. Hey here's a proposal:

Scott Gomez for Chris Higgins, Ryan McDonagh, Pavel Valentenko, and Doug Janik? "No way!" right bro?
You can't expect that kind of wizardry all the time. Also, on HF prospects and picks are way overrated while salary dumps are underrated (if you can say that). If a salary dump gets traded in real life, it's almost always for some kind of positive value or a different salary dump, while here we need to pay people to take it away.

iamitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 01:57 AM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
id love to pry MPS from them. Id Do MDZ+a first for him.

I think hes going to be a stud.

Yeah he started to heat up near the end of the season. I watch both the Rangers and Oilers and Paajarvi was disappointing in his first 25 or so games. He started to create more chances as the season went on however. The addition of Ryan Smyth will help him learn how to pound in those greasy goals.

Old
07-06-2011, 02:07 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

it's starting! hockey summer cabin feeeeeeever! aka - the period between UFA madness to preseason camp.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 02:14 AM
iCanada

You might be able to pry away Paajarvi, but not Eberle.

The kind of overpayment would be sick an not worth it. Eberle is not only a god to Canadians, but he has always loved the Oilers and is living his dream playing for the Oilers.

That is a special thing, and I would bet upon him retiring a career long Oiler like Ryan Smyth should have.

iCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 03:36 AM
eco's bones

Eberle is Mr. Clutch. Some of his comeback goals in the WJC's were just amazing. He never quits. He has some Ryan Callahan in him--won't hit as much but more talented. He is one smaller guy I wouldn't mind bringing to the team but I don't think what it would cost would be worth it.

No interest in Hemsky though. Very creative and talented but the injury history and his avoidance of physical play makes me not want him. Too much of a dancer for my blood. Rangers have a couple of those types (maybe not as good) already.

Gilbert is somewhat interesting to me--I was running through blocked shot stats and his were very good which makes me think he is at least involved in the defensive end. He has some offensive ability as well.

Cogliano and Brule--forget it. No interest.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 03:56 AM
iCanada

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Eberle is Mr. Clutch. Some of his comeback goals in the WJC's were just amazing. He never quits. He has some Ryan Callahan in him--won't hit as much but more talented. He is one smaller guy I wouldn't mind bringing to the team but I don't think what it would cost would be worth it.

No interest in Hemsky though. Very creative and talented but the injury history and his avoidance of physical play makes me not want him. Too much of a dancer for my blood. Rangers have a couple of those types (maybe not as good) already.

Gilbert is somewhat interesting to me--I was running through blocked shot stats and his were very good which makes me think he is at least involved in the defensive end. He has some offensive ability as well.

Cogliano and Brule--forget it. No interest.
Hemsky isn't soft. Quite the opposite.... if he was soft he wouldn't be in the corners getting hit from behind so much and he'd be healthier. Hell, he was asked about Regehr in an interview recently and the words out the guys own mouth were "I never minded playing against him."

Hesmky doesn't avoid physical play, he marches into the corners and the front of the net like it is going out of style. Kid learned from Ryan Smyth how to eat a puck on the boards. lol.

iCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 04:30 AM
EuroFlair
Nash 40g in 2014-15

I would be fine with a overprice to get MPS. I also think that Torts would love the kid.

EuroFlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 07:33 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Del Zotto, Anisimov, Thomas for Eberle

Or

Del Zotto for Paajarvi

Eberle Richards Gaborik
Dubinsky Stepan Callahan
Fedotenko Boyle Zuccarello
Avery Rupp Prust

Staal Girardi
McDonagh Sauer
Erixon Valentenko/Eminger/Vet

Lundqvist
Biron

Or

Dubinsky Richards Gaborik
Paajarvi Stepan Callahan
Fedotenko Anisimov Boyle
Avery Rupp Prust

Staal Girardi
McDonagh Sauer
Erixon Valentenko/Eminger/Vet

Lundqvist
Biron

Thoughts?
MDZ, AA, AND Thomas for Eberle?? Did you bump your head? I know its been a long offseason but be patient for the start of the season. I love how MDZ is just getting tossed into every proposal like his career is over and he'll never return to the way he played as a 19 YEAR OLD two seasons ago. Some of you are unbelievable.

And I have complete respect for the Oilers fan on the first page but anyone who thinks Eberle is worth that much needs to get their head examined. I like Eberle but he is in no way shape or form worth that much. 18 G 25 A is hardly a "fantastic" rookie season. It is certainly not bad by any stretch, but nothing jaw dropping.

MDZ put up 38 points his rookie season as a 19 year old.
Paajarvi put up 35 points as a 20 year old in his rookie season. Quite honestly I'd rather have MDZ considering we dont have really any offensive defenseman in our system like him. Erixon is nice but is more comparable to Staal which is fine. But you dont deal a prospect from a position of weakness.

AA put up 44 points last year. He is 6'3" and just 23 years old. Why are we dealing him? He has improved every year. Put up 80 points in the AHL. He is getting bigger and stronger every year. He is maturing in front of our eyes. But we should package him off with our talented 21 year old defenseman AND our very talented Christian Thomas who scored 50+ goals in the O for Jordan Eberle who put up 40+ points last season.

I just dont understand some people. Thomas could make this team out of camp. No one knows whats going to happen. He probably wont but I wouldnt be surprised if he does. Everything you read on him, especially lately, is indicating he has put on weight, he looked better than last year at the development camp, his overall game has improved. You dont trade guys like that. He could very well make the team, get a chance with BR and Gaborik and succeed. And if he's playing on that line its very feasible to believe he can put up 40 points like Eberle did this past year.

You dont make that trade ever. Sather isnt that stupid.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 07:39 AM
DrSutton*
Given Up

Eberle is as untouchable as they come from an oilers perspective.

Paajarvi I would love to have. I think something like MDZ and a pick gets it done.

DrSutton* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 08:16 AM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Why do the Rangers need Eberle?...they already have a trio of American Born kids that marched deep into Western Canada to take home the Gold medal from Eberle's Jr Canadian team. Of course, Steps robbed of the MVP because Canada needed something to cheer about eh

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 12:40 PM
Prime Time 7x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskfamous View Post
Both would take overpayment we wouldn't want to part assets with. Eberle is their savior, grew up an Oilers fan, loves the city (shockingly) and is clutch. Paajarvi could be available later if some of their LW prospects develop well.
For some reason I feel like he is the one left out of all of our rookies when it comes to staying here long term. I personally am not so fast to count him out. Not that I'm saying you're wrong by any stretch, but I think his mix of size and speed matched with an increase in strength as he matures will make him a deadly weapon to play behind Hall on the 2nd line.

Prime Time 7x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 12:43 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime Time 7x View Post
For some reason I feel like he is the one left out of all of our rookies when it comes to staying here long term. I personally am not so fast to count him out. Not that I'm saying you're wrong by any stretch, but I think his mix of size and speed matched with an increase in strength as he matures will make him a deadly weapon to play behind Hall on the 2nd line.
Of course this could be true. However the Oilers have good LW prospects in Hartikainen who was hitting everything in sight in his callup, they have Smyth who they probably must re-sign and I could see management moving Paajarvi for a need on the blue line. Of course I don't think it would happen at this moment, but a couple years down the road it may happen.

Old
07-06-2011, 12:43 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

1. We still cant trade MDZ because we dealt Sanguinetti and didnt get Fowler. Erixon is not a true PMD.

2. MPS would certainly fit into the new Swedish prospect fad that our team is going through.

07-06-2011, 02:21 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCanada View Post
Hemsky isn't soft. Quite the opposite.... if he was soft he wouldn't be in the corners getting hit from behind so much and he'd be healthier. Hell, he was asked about Regehr in an interview recently and the words out the guys own mouth were "I never minded playing against him."

Hesmky doesn't avoid physical play, he marches into the corners and the front of the net like it is going out of style. Kid learned from Ryan Smyth how to eat a puck on the boards. lol.
Not going to argue with you--I expect you've seen him a lot more than I have but I'm still not interested. He's missed a lot of games the last couple seasons.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 03:17 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

I'd take Hemsky if the price was right.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 03:26 PM
x BEUKEBOOM x
Buuuuuuuuuuuk !

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDO View Post
Agreed. I think it would be a mistake for the Rangers to deal either, I'm a big fan of both players.

Figured I'd chime in from an Oiler POV; hope I didn't offend anyone.

FWIW, Treeansoil on Twitter nailed a few Oiler moves before anyone (Sutton for Foster a full half hour early, first to say Belanger to Edmonton by a long shot as well); and claims that Glibert + Cogliano for Dubinsky + a Draft Pick was damn near done and Sather backed out last minute.

Take it for what it is, just passing it along, "she" has nailed a lot.
Probably checked the discusion on HFBoards first to get a feel for fan reaction and his balloon knot tightened up when he saw the ensuing pissing contest.

x BEUKEBOOM x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 03:36 PM
rangersfan111

Edmonton would laugh at both trades. MDZ is not worth paajarvi and mdz with anisimov and thomas isnt even close to what they would want for eberle. Eberle recorded 43 points in 69 games this year... he could have had a 50 point rookie season if he didnt get hurt... He is already a good second line right winger and he could be a good 1st line right winger as early as next year. He will be a consistent 70 point getter... they would never trade him for a couple prospects and a mediocre second line centre.

rangersfan111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 03:37 PM
johnnydollaz89*
7 More Wins!!

Send a message via AIM to johnnydollaz89*
how about NO! since we took MDZ over Eberle in 09 so obviously thats who we wanted more, by doing that 1st trade is basically saying our organization **** up and now will overpay to get the other guy lolol

johnnydollaz89* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 03:51 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobo View Post
Brandon Dubinsky would be the perfect player to add to the Oilers. I know he's well liked here, but a lot of Oilers fans are curious as to what it would take.

Starting Offer: Gagner + Gilbert.
You want Dubinsky, you give us MPS +

End of story.

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 03:59 PM
h0ckeyman

Quote:
My bad. I forgot how bent out of shape teenagers get over a simple proposal. If you think DZ for Paajarvi is way off-base, then I really cant help you. Hey here's a proposal:

Scott Gomez for Chris Higgins, Ryan McDonagh, Pavel Valentenko, and Doug Janik? "No way!" right bro?
LOL Teenagers? What the heck are you talking about. I'm a grown ass man.

Secondly, ANYONE in hockey will tell you that Gomez trade was highway robbery for the NYR. You can't expect to just rob everybody blind, it doesn't work that way.

Thirdly, I'm not your bro, pal.

h0ckeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 04:08 PM
CM PUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
1. We still cant trade MDZ because we dealt Sanguinetti and didnt get Fowler. Erixon is not a true PMD.

2. MPS would certainly fit into the new Swedish prospect fad that our team is going through.
sanguinetti doesn't factor into the equation at this point imo, he sucks and isn't a nhl dman. if we still had him, we still wouldn't have a replacement for del zotto.

CM PUNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 04:38 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersfan111 View Post
Edmonton would laugh at both trades. MDZ is not worth paajarvi and mdz with anisimov and thomas isnt even close to what they would want for eberle. Eberle recorded 43 points in 69 games this year... he could have had a 50 point rookie season if he didnt get hurt... He is already a good second line right winger and he could be a good 1st line right winger as early as next year. He will be a consistent 70 point getter... they would never trade him for a couple prospects and a mediocre second line centre.
I laughed out loud at the bolded.

We have the camp that overvalues every young player we have, and the camp who purposely undervalue all our young players so they don't look like homers.

MDZ's rookie year was just as impressive as Eberle's and he was a year younger. Anisimov outscored Eberle this season and has a good 6 inches on him, and Thomas has exponentially better junior stats then Eberle did at the same age. And they are virtually the same size.

Is Eberle worth more then each of these 3 individually? Yes, but to say that package "isn't even close" to landing Eberle is utter cluelessness on your part.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 06:56 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0ckeyman View Post
LOL Teenagers? What the heck are you talking about. I'm a grown ass man.

Secondly, ANYONE in hockey will tell you that Gomez trade was highway robbery for the NYR. You can't expect to just rob everybody blind, it doesn't work that way.

Thirdly, I'm not your bro, pal.
+1

for some reason people think the rangers will be able to fleece everyone after the gomez DEBACLE because I'm not even going to call that a trade.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote