HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal Canadiens #14 Prospect Voting

View Poll Results: 14th best prospect?
Olivier Archambault LW 3 2.46%
Alain Berger W 2 1.64%
Hunter Bishop LW 0 0%
Mathieu Carle D 25 20.49%
Andrew Conboy LW 5 4.10%
Joshiah Didier D 1 0.82%
Gabriel Dumont C 9 7.38%
Morgan Ellis D 27 22.13%
Olivier Fortier C 0 0%
Mark MacMillan LW 3 2.46%
Joonas Nattinen C 21 17.21%
Magnus Nygren D 17 13.93%
Greg Pateryn D 2 1.64%
Daniel Pribyl F 4 3.28%
Steve Quailer F 3 2.46%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-06-2011, 10:38 PM
  #26
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Very surprised people are voting for carle.

overlords is offline  
Old
07-06-2011, 10:41 PM
  #27
Shutdown
Registered User
 
Shutdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,060
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Very surprised people are voting for carle.
Definitely Ellis, or even Nattinen before Carle. Both have more potential to be NHLers than Carle at this point.

Shutdown is online now  
Old
07-06-2011, 10:42 PM
  #28
ChoseLa
Registered User
 
ChoseLa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Martinique
Posts: 4,699
vCash: 500
Alain Berger, boom.

ChoseLa is offline  
Old
07-06-2011, 10:52 PM
  #29
Treb
Registered User
 
Treb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,171
vCash: 702
Gotta help Morgan Ellis Win this one. And add Walsh

Treb is offline  
Old
07-07-2011, 12:27 AM
  #30
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH
 
DDs not undersized's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bangkok
Country: Thailand
Posts: 3,404
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
Don't understand all of the votes for Carle???? Fringe prospect with no upside.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs23 View Post
WOW, all these posters voting for Carle over Ellis & even Nygren are badly miss-informed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Very surprised people are voting for carle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutdown View Post
Definitely Ellis, or even Nattinen before Carle. Both have more potential to be NHLers than Carle at this point.
I love how these anti-Carle messages are being told as if they were facts. Carle is still in fact among the top 10 Habs prospects in many publications, including Hockey Future. Of course, it's normal if he loses 1 or 2 spots after the last draft, but he's still the most NHL ready defensive prospect for the Habs at this point, probably even ahead of Nash.

The fact that he did well when he was recalled in the NHL should add to his value also. Of course we're not talking about a future all star here, but this guy could hold a spot in the NHL at this point, which counts a lot against the limited potential offered by the rest of the list.

DDs not undersized is offline  
Old
07-07-2011, 12:43 AM
  #31
Shutdown
Registered User
 
Shutdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,060
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan du CH View Post
I love how these anti-Carle messages are being told as if they were facts. Carle is still in fact among the top 10 Habs prospects in many publications, including Hockey Future. Of course, it's normal if he loses 1 or 2 spots after the last draft, but he's still the most NHL ready defensive prospect for the Habs at this point, probably even ahead of Nash.

The fact that he did well when he was recalled in the NHL should add to his value also. Of course we're not talking about a future all star here, but this guy could hold a spot in the NHL at this point, which counts a lot against the limited potential offered by the rest of the list.
He's behind Weber, Emelin, Diaz and Nash and that's just my opinion. Just like everyone else you quoted, it's their opinion.

Shutdown is online now  
Old
07-07-2011, 12:49 AM
  #32
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH
 
DDs not undersized's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bangkok
Country: Thailand
Posts: 3,404
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutdown View Post
He's behind Weber, Emelin, Diaz and Nash and that's just my opinion. Just like everyone else you quoted, it's their opinion.
I should have said : he's the most NHL ready behind Weber. And probably behind Emelin and Diaz too, but we still need to know how their game will translate in North America.

DDs not undersized is offline  
Old
07-07-2011, 05:32 AM
  #33
Estimated_Prophet
Registered User
 
Estimated_Prophet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,728
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan du CH View Post
I should have said : he's the most NHL ready behind Weber. And probably behind Emelin and Diaz too, but we still need to know how their game will translate in North America.
Nash has also passed Carle on the depth chart

Estimated_Prophet is offline  
Old
07-07-2011, 05:37 AM
  #34
Estimated_Prophet
Registered User
 
Estimated_Prophet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,728
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
I value NHL readiness. At this point, a lot of our prospects still have a shot at the NHL, but most don't make it so I just go for what's more proven.
Then you must believe that Carle is currently a better prospect than Beauleiu............

Estimated_Prophet is offline  
Old
07-07-2011, 05:55 AM
  #35
Dan K
HFBoards Partner
 
Dan K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,176
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Conboy, to me, is the most assured of an NHL future out of the remaining players. He has been progressing, and could be a fourth liner called up as soon as this year in case of injuries (more likely next season though). He has a good package of size, grit, and some hands, so lots of upside there to rival the others as well.

Dan K is offline  
Old
07-07-2011, 06:07 AM
  #36
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,540
vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
Then you must believe that Carle is currently a better prospect than Beauleiu............
"at this point"....as in, out of the remaining prospects.

LyricalLyricist is offline  
Old
07-07-2011, 06:36 AM
  #37
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 32,756
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
And you know this how???????
By having watched them play.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
07-07-2011, 06:40 AM
  #38
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 32,756
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
You do realize that Gorges averaged just under a point per game in his last 2 seasons in Kelowna......

Ellis' upside is basically a poor man's Gorges, which is fine with me if he can become a reliable #5/6 in a few years.
I think he has #3-4 upside, he is bigger and more mobile than Gorges. The offensive skills are about on par, Ellis' numbers last yaer weren't great because he played on a crappy team that couldn't score. Look at the top scorers' totals on Gorges' team at 18 and 19. Cape Breton's top scorer was Shaw at 46 points! Ellis was tied for 3rd on the team at 36. If he played on Saint John, he would probably have 45-50 points.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
07-07-2011, 07:35 AM
  #39
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby
 
RoyBoyCoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lennoxville, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,090
vCash: 500
Alright guys, I have to leave the house from 10:30 to 2:30 for house visits. And this one is tight so my options are end it at 10:00, or whenever I get back. I think for stabilities sake, I'll end it at 10:00.

RoyBoyCoy is offline  
Old
07-07-2011, 08:01 AM
  #40
Mtl6
Registered User
 
Mtl6's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,139
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyBoyCoy View Post
Alright guys, I have to leave the house from 10:30 to 2:30 for house visits. And this one is tight so my options are end it at 10:00, or whenever I get back. I think for stabilities sake, I'll end it at 10:00.
Too tight. Make a tie-breaker pool of only Carle and Ellis.

Mtl6 is offline  
Old
07-07-2011, 08:03 AM
  #41
ScopeHockey
Registered User
 
ScopeHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I think he has #3-4 upside, he is bigger and more mobile than Gorges. The offensive skills are about on par, Ellis' numbers last yaer weren't great because he played on a crappy team that couldn't score. Look at the top scorers' totals on Gorges' team at 18 and 19. Cape Breton's top scorer was Shaw at 46 points! Ellis was tied for 3rd on the team at 36. If he played on Saint John, he would probably have 45-50 points.
Having seen Ellis play a few times, I like his tools: size, mobility, physical game, puck movement. The one thing I think may hold him back a little is his hockey sense. One of Gorges' biggest strengths is how he thinks the game. I think Ellis think the game well for a Junior player but I could see his hockey sense translating to Komisarek-type hockey sense at the NHL level - a guy who is intense and physical but doesn't think the game well relative to NHL peers.

ScopeHockey is offline  
Old
07-07-2011, 08:10 AM
  #42
Pax Macioretty
Registered User
 
Pax Macioretty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 15,151
vCash: 500
Why do people keep forgetting that Berger was the best player of the last summer camp. The man is 6'4 winger who's suppose to play a power game. Usually players like him never shine during perfection camps.

Pax Macioretty is offline  
Old
07-07-2011, 08:14 AM
  #43
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby
 
RoyBoyCoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lennoxville, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,090
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtl6 View Post
Too tight. Make a tie-breaker pool of only Carle and Ellis.
It's genius!

Alright, Mods please close this.

RoyBoyCoy is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:03 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.