HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Semin to the Leafs

Closed Thread

Old
07-06-2011, 10:21 PM
Fallschirmyager

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog View Post
yeah and about 80 pounds soaken wet -- not to mention he punches like a girl.
Stay away from Marc Staal too. He got his ass kicked by a guy who punches like a girl.

Old
07-06-2011, 10:23 PM
Im Old Gregggg

no interest whatsoever from this leaf fan .....

talented but no heart at all would be a waste of assests and cap room and brings a similar game to kessel

Old
07-06-2011, 10:26 PM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im Old Gregggg View Post

talented but no heart at all would be a waste of assests and cap room and brings a similar game to kessel
Yeah, no use in having multiple scoring threats, right?

Old
07-06-2011, 10:41 PM
third man in

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
Yeah, no use in having multiple scoring threats, right?
Canadian fans bases are always good for the lols especially around here. The last thread I've seen a fan base deny a player this strongly was the Corvo to Boston proposal. I think we all know how that one ended.

I fully expect to see Semin in a Leaf jersey by next week.

Old
07-06-2011, 10:58 PM
100angryvikings

I think I might be the only Leafs fan that would be interested in acquiring Semin. How can a 40 goal scorer not interest a team in need of more offence like the Leafs? Just because we have Kessel our quota of offensive threats is full? Really???

However, due to the fact that he is a UFA next year and Washington will rightfully ask for a sizeable return, Im reluctant to give up assets for a guy who might only be here for one season.

Old
07-06-2011, 10:59 PM
HTFN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im Old Gregggg View Post

No heart? Did you see the way he reacted in the playoffs? Did you see the way he snapped and nearly delivered a victory in the Philly series, his first ever? Or his work in the Rangers series of this playoffs? He was solid the last time they played New York, too, but gets **** on because he doesn't have any heart? Because he played through a 7 game series with a broken thumb? Because he generated more shots than anyone in the Montreal series? I can see people not wanting Semin because he's not really physical, or because you wouldn't sell off parts of the farm for a UFA, or even because you don't like his somewhat streaky season play, but this guy has never, ever, EVER made me believe he doesn't have any heart.

Remember the goal that Ovechkin scored in the playoffs this year when he was jamming in around the net, trying to come back? He potted it, and celebrated in Ovechkin's playoff fashion. Know who else was every bit as pumped? Semin, the other guy working around the crease. He was as happy as any North American after the OT goal (that he scored, of course).

I just don't get it. He cares enough to be here when, like Alexander Radulov, he could have bolted already.

Old
07-06-2011, 11:04 PM
100angryvikings

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTFN View Post
No heart? Did you see the way he reacted in the playoffs? Did you see the way he snapped and nearly delivered a victory in the Philly series, his first ever? Or his work in the Rangers series of this playoffs? He was solid the last time they played New York, too, but gets **** on because he doesn't have any heart? Because he played through a 7 game series with a broken thumb? Because he generated more shots than anyone in the Montreal series? I can see people not wanting Semin because he's not really physical, or because you wouldn't sell off parts of the farm for a UFA, or even because you don't like his somewhat streaky season play, but this guy has never, ever, EVER made me believe he doesn't have any heart.

Remember the goal that Ovechkin scored in the playoffs this year when he was jamming in around the net, trying to come back? He potted it, and celebrated in Ovechkin's playoff fashion. Know who else was every bit as pumped? Semin, the other guy working around the crease. He was as happy as any North American after the OT goal (that he scored, of course).

I just don't get it. He cares enough to be here when, like Alexander Radulov, he could have bolted already.
Unfortunately, the fact that Semin is Russian will lead many Canadian fans to automatically discount everything you have just said. Like I said above, Im probably the only Leafs fan who would love to have Semin in our top 6.

I just wouldnt make the trade based solely on the fact he might only play one year for us due to the fact he is set to become UFA next year.

Old
07-06-2011, 11:23 PM
chrjosric

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100angryvikings View Post
Unfortunately, the fact that Semin is Russian will lead many Canadian fans to automatically discount everything you have just said. Like I said above, Im probably the only Leafs fan who would love to have Semin in our top 6.

I just wouldnt make the trade based solely on the fact he might only play one year for us due to the fact he is set to become UFA next year.

I think I just found the only realistic leaf fan

that being said, I dont think the Caps have any interest in anything from Tor or that semin would want to resign there and have to deal with the fans and media speaking it sounds like hes a quiet guy, but i do believe semin if traded there could be the difference between them making the playoffs heart or no heart.

lol @ ppl thinking a consistent 40goal yr scorers come around often

Semin with the toe drag move, with the toe drag move, with the toe drag move, and yet another toe drag move

Old
07-06-2011, 11:27 PM
Stan Dupcomic
Thank you come again

Like burkie said, no point in trading away your future to take 8th place and get swept in 1st round.

Leafs will not trade for Semin, and I doubt they'll even offer him a deal in UFA (see Burke on Kovalchuk).

Pretty obvious though Burkie saving all the cap space for 2013

Old
07-06-2011, 11:27 PM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrjosric View Post
I think I just found the only realistic leaf fan

that being said, I dont think the Caps have any interest in anything from Tor or that semin would want to resign there and have to deal with the fans and media speaking it sounds like hes a quiet guy, but i do believe semin if traded there could be the difference between them making the playoffs heart or no heart.

lol @ ppl thinking a consistent 40goal yr scorers come around often

Semin with the toe drag move, with the toe drag move, with the toe drag move, and yet another toe drag move
I found him first, he's mine!

Semin's actually added the amazing flying leap to his repertoire in addition to the toe drag. Pretty awesome to watch, pity it's never actually worked due to the fact that the defenders are too tall. Where's Nathan Gerbe/Martin St. Louis?

Old
07-07-2011, 12:42 AM
D3ADLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schennanigans View Post
I cant see Burke interested in Semin even remotely. I still think we need a #1 LW just as much as a top Centre though. Lupul is not going to cut it long term for this team.
I have this great feeling that Kulemin will become the #1 LW for years to come. I am almost confident he will be close to 40 goals next season

Old
07-07-2011, 01:38 AM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Caps need a center capable of creating offense if they move Semin. There's also a need on defense.

Grabovski + might be a decent baseline.

Problem is, the other players that would make sense as the '+' for the Caps (Kulemin, Schenn, Franson) wouldn't be available. Something like this might make sense for both teams:

Schultz, Fehr, Perrault

for

Grabovski, Gunnarson

Old
07-07-2011, 01:39 AM
HTFN

Hell, for a team that wants a little size in the top 6, I don't know why Leafs fans aren't already thinking hard about Fehr.

Old
07-07-2011, 01:49 AM
legendinblue
LEAFS SUCK

I don't want Semin.

Old
07-07-2011, 01:57 AM
Man Bear Pig

I think non-Leafs fans should understand that it's not that most of us don't want Semin, It's that we really don't need him. He's a good winger and a top goal scorer but our top 6 already seems set. Je'd be an upgrade on someone like Lupul but if Joffrey is healthy he's going to put up 25 goals or so. That 10-15 goal gap between someone like him and Semin just wouldn't be worth sacrificing prospects/picks for especially with only one year left on his deal. It would be the same for Hemsky.

Old
07-07-2011, 02:21 AM
HTFN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Bear Pig View Post
I think non-Leafs fans should understand that it's not that most of us don't want Semin, It's that we really don't need him. He's a good winger and a top goal scorer but our top 6 already seems set. Je'd be an upgrade on someone like Lupul but if Joffrey is healthy he's going to put up 25 goals or so. That 10-15 goal gap between someone like him and Semin just wouldn't be worth sacrificing prospects/picks for especially with only one year left on his deal. It would be the same for Hemsky.
Take it for what it's worth, we all know what my icon says, but I have to say he'd be an upgrade over just about any top 6 forward you've got, Kessel included.

Old
07-07-2011, 02:41 AM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTFN View Post
Take it for what it's worth, we all know what my icon says, but I have to say he'd be an upgrade over just about any top 6 forward you've got, Kessel included.
I'd put him at about the same level as Kessel but Semin is not better than Kulemin IMO. Scoring wise he is but Kulemin's two-way game appears to be heading towards elite level. He is that good or at least he probably will be. Skill wise Connolly is also pretty damn good, he's just made of glass.

Old
07-07-2011, 02:47 AM
HTFN

Quote:
I'd put him at about the same level as Kessel but Semin is not better than Kulemin IMO. Scoring wise he is but Kulemin's two-way game appears to be heading towards elite level. He is that good or at least he probably will be. Skill wise Connolly is also pretty damn good, he's just made of glass.
Semin's two-way game is so underrated it's kind of ridiculous. He's shown us in Washington that he can be an elite PK forward, his takeaways are up there, if not tops on the roster (I can't remember, but he was top 3 in the league until he got hurt, and the only player in the top 5 with fewer games played was Datsyuk).

Kulemin's physical game I'll grant you, but I'll wait for him to repeat his performance before I think about him as a better player.

Old
07-07-2011, 04:10 AM
chrjosric

Quote:
Whos Kulemin? Semin is a household name

but really.. semin is alot better offensively and about as good defensively in my opinion. Yeah hes two years older but he has always hovered around the 35-40 goal mark, Kulemin had one 30 goal season. Semin is a defensive machine most of the time, you either get a motivated stick minor a game + a bunch of takeaways or you will have the few games where he will disappear but its still good overall. its more bruces fault for not demanding much out of the guy. if he had always been and always was motivated i think hed be the best player in the league bar none which says something.

Semin 392g 176g 178a 354p .45 goals a game .90 points a game
Kulemin 233g 61g 63a 124p .26 goals a game .53 points a game

Old
07-07-2011, 04:51 AM
Naoned
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandrashekhar Limit View Post
You're right. Leafs don't do it. Kulemin shouldn't be going anywhere. Does too many things well.
Wow. For Alexander Semin, really? Almost a PPG player. One the most pure talents in the game. Just wow.

Old
07-07-2011, 04:53 AM
PlietscherDassel

I think Semin is pretty underrated here and therefore people underestimate his trade value. However at this point it really wouldn't make sense to give up assets for him because he will be an UFA next summer and with or without Semin the Leafs are not good enough to compete for the cup. It would be way too risky to give what it takes to acquire him having the possibility in mind that he could be planning to test what he can get as an UFA.
We have some decent prospects so lets just keep them and let them develop into NHL players unless a trade comes along that makes the Leafs better for more than possibly just one year.

Old
07-07-2011, 04:57 AM
grabovski4norris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naoned View Post
Wow. For Alexander Semin, really? Almost a PPG player. One the most pure talents in the game. Just wow.
yes. do not want.

Old
07-07-2011, 06:43 AM
Harvey Specter
Boooooone

Quote:
They don't need a 40-40 guy to finish 10th. They should just about manage that themselves.

Old
07-07-2011, 07:08 AM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkinfeller View Post
Once more for clarity, I'm not trolling.... I'm 100% uninterested in acquiring Alex Semin, so I don't see any point in you proposing hypothetical trades or assigning values.
he wasn't trying to propose a trade, etc... he was trying to be cute and say the Leafs don't have anything of value on their roster. Also was the one that made the 'lol leafs don't have first round draft picks for the next 100 years' type of jokes in one of the stamkos threads.

Not high on the wit, that one.

Old
07-07-2011, 08:51 AM
BobRouse

Quote:
Semin is highly underrated here.

He is as strong on the puck as any player in the league and is pretty darn good defensively. There was some stat that over the last two years when he was penalty killing the team gave up 5 PP goals...and scored 5 shorthanded goals.

He can cycle along the boards pretty well too.

Semin>>>Kessel in my book. He's produced playing with crap 2nd line centers for pretty much his entire time in DC.

But that being said he is on the last year of his contract and the leafs really aren't a contender so there is no point for them to give up assets to get him.

Also the Caps need to improve their 2nd line scoring. Not sure how getting rid of Semin would help with this since they are trying to win now.

If they need to dump salary then look for Schultz, Chimera, and Fehr to go.

Closed Thread