HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Ryan White thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-07-2011, 12:25 AM
  #26
BaseballCoach
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
Oh, okay. I kind of thought that is what you were talking about.

Looks like Pyatt signed a two way deal with Tampa. Boucher loves his old players
Pyatt scored almost PPG for Boucher.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 12:28 AM
  #27
BaseballCoach
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtacular View Post
Yeah he signed for less than his QO but got a 1 way deal.
And it worked against him when Martin suddenly and bizarrely forgot why Pyatt was so valuable to the club in the W-L column.

If Pyatt had a 2-way deal in 2010-11 he would probably still be a Hab today, because he would have been qualified like Ryan Russell was.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 08:46 AM
  #28
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Western Canuckland
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,951
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Ryan White and offense

White showed some offensive skill in Juniors. Any chance he will put up decent numbers if he plays with a skilled center e.g. DD? If Eller comes back and continues to develop having 4 skilled centers is amazing depth.

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 08:55 AM
  #29
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,608
vCash: 500
At this point in his career, I'd say 20 points is his max. I think he might be able to hit 30-40 a few times if he works really hard though.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 09:19 AM
  #30
habitue*
 
habitue*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,252
vCash: 500
I like the kid but his offensive potential is quite low. He never burned anything at AHL level, neither.

Just reminds me that Marchand and Clutterbuck were selected further in the same round....

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 09:25 AM
  #31
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,889
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
Just reminds me that Marchand and Clutterbuck were selected further in the same round....
So were Kirill Tulupov and Robin Figren. If you said "who?"...exactly.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 09:31 AM
  #32
otto bond
Registered User
 
otto bond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,841
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
I like the kid but his offensive potential is quite low. He never burned anything at AHL level, neither.

Just reminds me that Marchand and Clutterbuck were selected further in the same round....
Man I just LLLLLLLove you avitar

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 09:34 AM
  #33
habitue*
 
habitue*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
Man I just LLLLLLLove you avitar
Thx !

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 09:35 AM
  #34
habitue*
 
habitue*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
So were Kirill Tulupov and Robin Figren. If you said "who?"...exactly.
Marchand was playing in the Q, and Clutterbuck in the OHL... NOT 10,000 miles away.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 09:37 AM
  #35
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
Marchand was playing in the Q, and Clutterbuck in the OHL... NOT 10,000 miles away.
So what. Everyone misses out on gems.

2007 2nd round Boston takes Tommy Cross and we take P.K Subban.

You can do this for every team.

Other players include

Streit
Halak
Grabovski
Latendresse.

Don't cherry pick certain draft picks to prove your point.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 09:38 AM
  #36
VanNistelrooy
Registered User
 
VanNistelrooy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Habs Land
Posts: 2,485
vCash: 500
Tulupov played in Ontario and in the Q...

VanNistelrooy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 09:40 AM
  #37
Carey Chant
Registered User
 
Carey Chant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 469
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
So what. Everyone misses out on gems.

2007 2nd round Boston takes Tommy Cross and we take P.K Subban!
Funny thing is there are Bruins fans that are still happy they took Cross over Subban thinking Cross will be better.

Carey Chant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 09:45 AM
  #38
JGRB
#EllerThugLife
 
JGRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,614
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Chant View Post
Funny thing is there are Bruins fans that are still happy they took Cross over Subban thinking Cross will be better.
That's the definition of delusional.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 09:50 AM
  #39
Habitant#1
Registered User
 
Habitant#1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Brisbane
Country: Australia
Posts: 1,360
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
Marchand was playing in the Q, and Clutterbuck in the OHL... NOT 10,000 miles away.
So you think they were too busy scouting elsewhere and didn't see them play? Really? Obviously they knew those players well and didn't thought they could do better when it came time to pick or they thought they'd be available later. What the hell does distance have anything to do with it??

Habitant#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 09:57 AM
  #40
MJG
Registered User
 
MJG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,088
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
Marchand was playing in the Q, and Clutterbuck in the OHL... NOT 10,000 miles away.
Exactly. Imagine the team we could have if we could replace every player we have drafted since 2000 with someone better taken after them.

2000 round 4 Johan Eneqvist ----> Lubomir Visnovsky
2000 round 6 Petr Chvojka ----> Henrik Lundqvist
2001 round 1 Mike Komisarek ----> Dan Hamhuis
2001 round 2 Duncan Milroy ----> Mike Cammalleri
2003 round 1 Andrei Kostitsyn ----> Take your pick
2003 round 2 Corey Urquart ----> Shea Weber
2003 round 2 Max Lapierre ----> David Backes
2003 round 6 Mark Flood ----> Joe Pavelski
2004 round 1 Kyle Chipchura ----> Mike Green

I could continue but I think the point has been made. We would probably have the best team in the league and might be able to actually win a Cup. Shameful really that our scouting staff isn't able to consistently pick the best player at every single opportunity like every other team.

MJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 10:00 AM
  #41
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJG View Post
Exactly. Imagine the team we could have if we could replace every player we have drafted since 2000 with someone better taken after them.

2000 round 4 Johan Eneqvist ----> Lubomir Visnovsky
2000 round 6 Petr Chvojka ----> Henrik Lundqvist
2001 round 1 Mike Komisarek ----> Dan Hamhuis
2001 round 2 Duncan Milroy ----> Mike Cammalleri
2003 round 1 Andrei Kostitsyn ----> Take your pick
2003 round 2 Corey Urquart ----> Shea Weber
2003 round 2 Max Lapierre ----> David Backes
2003 round 6 Mark Flood ----> Joe Pavelski
2004 round 1 Kyle Chipchura ----> Mike Green

I could continue but I think the point has been made. We would probably have the best team in the league and might be able to actually win a Cup. Shameful really that our scouting staff isn't able to consistently pick the best player at every single opportunity like every other team.
I don't know if you're being sarcastic, but you do realize that this can be done with every single team in the league and not just the Canadiens.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 10:05 AM
  #42
JGRB
#EllerThugLife
 
JGRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,614
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
I don't know if you're being sarcastic, but you do realize that this can be done with every single team in the league and not just the Canadiens.
There's 29 other teams in the league? Since when?

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 10:06 AM
  #43
MJG
Registered User
 
MJG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,088
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
I don't know if you're being sarcastic, but you do realize that this can be done with every single team in the league and not just the Canadiens.
It was sarcasm.

MJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 10:07 AM
  #44
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJG View Post
It was sarcasm.
Just making sure. You just never know on these boards.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 10:09 AM
  #45
number 11
Registered User
 
number 11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,888
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Breadman View Post
He got tuned up bad in that preseason, I remember him not even landing a punch vs Carkner. He is big and can skate and isn't afraid of anyone but he is not a very good fighter
to be fair, maybe 2 or 3 guys in the league can go toe to toe with carkner.

white can hold his own against any middle weight fighter in the league, and he can skate well and hit. he's a very useful player.

number 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 10:09 AM
  #46
bcv
My french sucks.
 
bcv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,899
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
Just making sure. You just never know on these boards.
I wasn't sure either.

bcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 10:10 AM
  #47
MJG
Registered User
 
MJG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,088
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
So were Kirill Tulupov and Robin Figren. If you said "who?"...exactly.
I'm actually very high on Robin Figren. I like his upside.

MJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 03:26 PM
  #48
Estimated_Prophet
Registered User
 
Estimated_Prophet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,159
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by number 11 View Post
to be fair, maybe 2 or 3 guys in the league can go toe to toe with carkner.

white can hold his own against any middle weight fighter in the league, and he can skate well and hit. he's a very useful player.
White does not "skate well". He has improved from being a terrible skater but it is still his biggest weakness.

Fortunately he hustles his *** off, which helps compensate for his poor skating.

Estimated_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 03:38 PM
  #49
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJG View Post
Exactly. Imagine the team we could have if we could replace every player we have drafted since 2000 with someone better taken after them.

2000 round 4 Johan Eneqvist ----> Lubomir Visnovsky
2000 round 6 Petr Chvojka ----> Henrik Lundqvist
2001 round 1 Mike Komisarek ----> Dan Hamhuis
2001 round 2 Duncan Milroy ----> Mike Cammalleri
2003 round 1 Andrei Kostitsyn ----> Take your pick
2003 round 2 Corey Urquart ----> Shea Weber
2003 round 2 Max Lapierre ----> David Backes
2003 round 6 Mark Flood ----> Joe Pavelski
2004 round 1 Kyle Chipchura ----> Mike Green

I could continue but I think the point has been made. We would probably have the best team in the league and might be able to actually win a Cup. Shameful really that our scouting staff isn't able to consistently pick the best player at every single opportunity like every other team.

You can do that for every team in the NHL. Drafing kids based on their play at 17 and predicting what they will be at 25 is not an exact science. These threads are ridiculous and way out of context, anybody with half a clue knows that even if you assembled the 10 best scouts in the world in one organisation they'd still pick busts and miss on good late rounders.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 03:48 PM
  #50
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Western Canuckland
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,951
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
At this point in his career, I'd say 20 points is his max. I think he might be able to hit 30-40 a few times if he works really hard though.
The few times that I saw him play in Junior he appeared to have soft hands and hockey sense. Hopefully he will continue to develop and pot a few and make some plays.

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:58 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.