HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The OFFICIAL Rumors From Non-Credible Sources thread V2.0

Closed Thread

Old
07-07-2011, 09:03 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
He is simply not that good. If he was Washington would have re-signed him instaed of going after Hamrlik.
That's ********.

Only John Carlson played more minutes than him in the playoffs - and thats without Hannan playing on the PP (cause frankly, if you're talking about offensively, he's not that good).

Washington may have wanted Hamrlik to help out their 2nd PP wave. They may have also wanted a short-term deal. They have to worry about signing Semin & Wideman next year.

Hannan is just 32-years-old. I'm sure he's probably hoping for a 4-5 year deal right now. He's also probably looking for similar money ($4.5M/season).

He's a very good defensive defenseman who hits, blocks shots, and plays his position well. He's very similar to Hamrlik except he NEVER gets caught in the offensive zone. Think of Hamrlik never pinching and that's what you get - which is a ****ing awesome defenseman. I don't blame Hamrlik for pinching - he had too without Markov - but to say Hannan is not good is a complete lack of watching Washington play hockey.

Hamrlik gets so much hate here - and it's not warranted. Imagine we didn't have Hamrlik last year? The team would of been the joke of the league. Same with this year - if Markov goes down, we are in big trouble.

Old
07-07-2011, 09:09 AM
bcv
My french sucks.

Mos def! I would sign Hannan in a heartbeat. And if Gorges starts to get to greedy, ship him of for a forward.

Markov - Yemelin
Hannan - Subban
Gill - Weber
Spacek

It looks good.

Old
07-07-2011, 09:10 AM
Canadian_Brewtality

Yo, this isnt a rumor or anything, just wondering what people think it would take to get Parros from Anaheim.

He is one of those "they would never trade him" types?

Old
07-07-2011, 09:15 AM
OpenIceHit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
Yo, this isnt a rumor or anything, just wondering what people think it would take to get Parros from Anaheim.

I guess he would be tradable. He plays around 3min a game and will be 32 y.o. in a few months. I doubt PG would trade for him. He has the best stache tho.

Old
07-07-2011, 09:15 AM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post

He sucks

Old
07-07-2011, 09:16 AM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
That's ********.

Only John Carlson played more minutes than him in the playoffs - and thats without Hannan playing on the PP (cause frankly, if you're talking about offensively, he's not that good).

Washington may have wanted Hamrlik to help out their 2nd PP wave. They may have also wanted a short-term deal. They have to worry about signing Semin & Wideman next year.

Hannan is just 32-years-old. I'm sure he's probably hoping for a 4-5 year deal right now. He's also probably looking for similar money ($4.5M/season).

He's a very good defensive defenseman who hits, blocks shots, and plays his position well. He's very similar to Hamrlik except he NEVER gets caught in the offensive zone. Think of Hamrlik never pinching and that's what you get - which is a ****ing awesome defenseman. I don't blame Hamrlik for pinching - he had too without Markov - but to say Hannan is not good is a complete lack of watching Washington play hockey.

Hamrlik gets so much hate here - and it's not warranted. Imagine we didn't have Hamrlik last year? The team would of been the joke of the league. Same with this year - if Markov goes down, we are in big trouble.
I agree with the your assessment of Hannan. PG offered Hamrlik a contract because he needed him to fill a specific hole in the lineup. We still haven't filled that hole.

Hannan is still a top 4 dman. He can eat minutes. He won't put up points, but he is a rock defensively is exactly what we need. We're missing a big minute responsible defensemen.

Old
07-07-2011, 09:18 AM
pine

vCash: 50
I would take Hannan before Gorges, to be honest, especially if the latter is asking for 4M.

Old
07-07-2011, 09:19 AM
Jigger77

Quote:
That's ********.

Yup. Not to mention we don't have Wiz either. And not to be pessimistic but if I base my outlook on the last few seasons it's not like injuries are not a problem for this team.

Personally I think letting Hammer walk was a big mistake. But we'll see I guess.

Old
07-07-2011, 09:22 AM
habitue*

Washington got a very good defence:

Carlson, Alzner, Schultz, Poti, Erskine, Green, Wideman, Hamrlik... WOW !

Old
07-07-2011, 09:24 AM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
Washington got a very good defence:

Carlson, Alzner, Schultz, Poti, Erskine, Green, Wideman, Hamrlik... WOW !
What they need is a new coach to go with that good defense and they might actually get by the 1st, 2nd round this year. Boudreau is a glorified cheerleader if you ask me.

Old
07-07-2011, 09:48 AM
habshound247

Quote:
That's ********.

Absolutely agree. One thing to consider is that Washington is in a cap squeeze right now. They also have Alzner to sign, and my guess is they are shopping Semin to get under the cap and maybe re-sign Hannan. Hannan could be our Regehr, and not require prospects or picks to acquire. If Gorges wants $4 million, thank him for his time and move onto Hannan.

Old
07-07-2011, 09:53 AM
OpenIceHit

Quote:
Originally Posted by habshound247 View Post
Absolutely agree. One thing to consider is that Washington is in a cap squeeze right now. They also have Alzner to sign, and my guess is they are shopping Semin to get under the cap and maybe re-sign Hannan. Hannan could be our Regehr, and not require prospects or picks to acquire. If Gorges wants $4 million, thank him for his time and move onto Hannan.
If PG wanted Hannan, he would have already signed him. Hannan won't wait until august. And nothing stops PG to sign Hannan even if Gorges is back. He probably thinks Diaz, Weber and Spacek can contribute more to the team that Hannan.

Old
07-07-2011, 09:56 AM
swimmer77
What's an ROW?

I don't think Hannan is the answer although he is a good d-man. But the role filled by Hamrlik was one of versatility. At this point if one of Subban or Markov go down it's going to be up to the other to carry the offensive load and take a heavier defensive burden.

I still don't get why Gauthier all of the sudden offered Hamrlik a contract that seemed to be more than just a "courtesy offer" unless he thought Hamr would sign no matter what.

I just don't get the handling of the d-man who has been the most versatile d-man the team has had in the last 4 years. There is nobody left in free agency that can fill that role. I think Kaberle may have been the last.

Old
07-07-2011, 09:58 AM
Canadian_Brewtality

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
He sucks
yah yah yah

would be a great fit for the 4th line. Loads of character

Old
07-07-2011, 09:58 AM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer77 View Post
I don't think Hannan is the answer although he is a good d-man. But the role filled by Hamrlik was one of versatility. At this point if one of Subban or Markov go down it's going to be up to the other to carry the offensive load and take a heavier defensive burden.

I still don't get why Gauthier all of the sudden offered Hamrlik a contract that seemed to be more than just a "courtesy offer" unless he thought Hamr would sign no matter what.

I just don't get the handling of the d-man who has been the most versatile d-man the team has had in the last 4 years. There is nobody left in free agency that can fill that role. I think Kaberle may have been the last.
It was reported that the Canadiens offered Hamrlik a one year contract just below 3 million. He got two years at 3.5 a year from Washington.

Hamrlik stressed that he wanted two years.

It's clear that Gauthier didn't want to hold on to Hamrlik for another year at a 35+ contract.

Old
07-07-2011, 10:06 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by giovannicanella View Post
The signing of Erik Cole could have forced the two way contract offered to White since Cole will be the predominant bringer of physicality minutes...?

El Cloun and Deep Throat etc rumour that *possibly* Josh Georges was asking for $4 million and they will look confirm or deny if that is true...anyway that is the gist of it...I think
Slight correction here. This "rumour" doesn't come from El Cloun or Deep Throat, but from @Starr990, one of the hosts of the morning show on Team 990 in Montreal. I know because El Cloun tweeted me about it, knowing that Gorges is in town here. I'll try confirming or denying that "rumour" today or tomorrow if I see him.

Here's the tweet he sent me:

Quote:
@Habsterix Selon @Starr990 le clan Gorges vise un contrat de 4M...maybe that's the hold up!

Old
07-07-2011, 10:09 AM
swimmer77
What's an ROW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
It was reported that the Canadiens offered Hamrlik a one year contract just below 3 million. He got two years at 3.5 a year from Washington.

Hamrlik stressed that he wanted two years.

It's clear that Gauthier didn't want to hold on to Hamrlik for another year at a 35+ contract.
But why all of the sudden was the contract offered?

Old
07-07-2011, 10:21 AM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer77 View Post
But why all of the sudden was the contract offered?
Which contract?

Old
07-07-2011, 10:24 AM
swimmer77
What's an ROW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
Which contract?
Gauthier's..............

Also while the 3 mil is what I heard too Hamrlik implied it was more than that.

Old
07-07-2011, 10:31 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
Slight correction here. This "rumour" doesn't come from El Cloun or Deep Throat, but from @Starr990, one of the hosts of the morning show on Team 990 in Montreal. I know because El Cloun tweeted me about it, knowing that Gorges is in town here. I'll try confirming or denying that "rumour" today or tomorrow if I see him.

Here's the tweet he sent me:
4 million/year is too much IMO but like they say aim high! The perfect price for JG is around 2/year so he will get 3-3.5. Montreal always has to give more in order to compensate for taxes.

Old
07-07-2011, 10:43 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
I agree with the idea.

I'm not as big on White as most people around here, he's fine as a 4th liner/13th forward but he has massive holes in his game and doesn't contribute any more offense then Pyatt did.
I like White and probably wouldn't have dickered over whether his contract was 1-way or 2-way. If we could sign a bruising forward like Winchester *and* a wily center like Madden, then I think White's chances of spending some time in Hamilton might increase, and I'd certainly be interested in signing those 2 player types.

I wouldn't be too scared about White clearing waivers out of training camp. His profile isn't very high league-wide, and lots of teams will be sending down guys and already have their lineups set at that point. However, if Eller starts hurt and White starts with the big team, it becomes more of an issue if you have to send him down in the middle of the season, perhaps, if he's playing well, and if the team is somehow healthy enough that it becomes an issue.

Bottom line, his AHL numbers aren't that good and his NHL time is not that large. It's probably a sensible precedent to set that a player like him doesn't automatically go 1-way until he truly wins a spot. But I guess I just like him enough that I wouldn't have bothered making it a sticking point. It's not my money.

Old
07-07-2011, 11:11 AM
Lord Chezz

4 million?

I want what Gorges is smoking.

Old
07-07-2011, 11:13 AM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50

No way are the Gorges wanting 4M rumours true.

edit: Though if you strictly compare after-tax earnings to what Methot got in Columbus, the equivalent for Gorges in MTL is 3.4M. Blech.

Old
07-07-2011, 11:15 AM
ChoseLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Chezz View Post
4 million?

I want what Gorges is smoking.
It's pretty expensive stuff, hence Gorges looking for that much money.

Old
07-07-2011, 11:16 AM
Lord Chezz

To quote some Broad:

Quote:
Alexei Kovalev just put a Habs video of him on facebook with the mention "good times".

Closed Thread