Old
10-20-2003, 06:24 AM
whatsbruin

vCash: 200
Collusion with Berard

Check this out:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/column...jim&id=1638978

Basically Jim Kelley is saying no one will offer Berard anything
that there is some unspoken agreement not to bid on him.

I suppose if we were talking Joe Thornton I might beleive it,
but Berard is not a difference maker and can't see it happening.

Berard thought he was worth more than he actually was.
The B's played the Arbirtration to their favor and took advantage
of the situation.

He just isn't worth the money he wants/will sign for.

Old
10-20-2003, 06:31 AM
Black7And7Gold

vCash: 500
Especially with the way Jillson is playing!

Juricina hasn't even played yet. Plus, Morrison is sitting in Providence. Sure, I like Berard, but he gambled and lost.

I move I'd make is trade Moran, and move Berard into his spot. I've seen Moran try to move the put up a few times in the last couple of games, but he always coughs it up.

I like Moran and all that crap, but Berard is the better player.

Old
10-20-2003, 09:29 AM
misterjaggers

I agree. There's no collusion. His agent didn't anticipate how the upcoming CBA would squeeze wage offers and didn't anticipate Jilson stepping up the way he has.

And Laidlaw's timing sucked.

Old
10-20-2003, 10:38 AM
Bruwinz37

I will have to check Websters for the definition of collusion, but I am pretty sure it has nothing to do with not making a player of limited productivity extremely overpaid. That is a joke. Berard screwed up, after last years debacle he should have thanked his lucky stars he was even offered a 10% raise never mind a freakin 100% raise.

Old
10-20-2003, 11:33 AM
Stock Rocks

I climbed to the top of Mt. McMolehill!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz20
I will have to check Websters for the definition of collusion, but I am pretty sure it has nothing to do with not making a player of limited productivity extremely overpaid. That is a joke. Berard screwed up, after last years debacle he should have thanked his lucky stars he was even offered a 10% raise never mind a freakin 100% raise.
Man, talk about making mountains out of mole hills...this latest ESPN.com article from Jim Kelley takes the cake.

The problem as I see it is that writers like Kelley and TSN's Kara Yorio give people like Bryan Berard a sense of entitlement with their stories. It would be one thing if they were Boston beat writers and saw every game he played, but they aren't- and maybe watch Berard 10 times a year if that. Maybe they happen to see him at his best, but then they swoop in with these inflated puff pieces of his worth, and how they can't understand why the Bruins are "lowballing" him and crap like that and they just don't understand the real situation.

In Yorio's defense, she issued a mea culpa and admitted she was wrong in the last issue of TSN after her ludicrous column that said the Bruins should've walked away from Rolston's arbitration award instead of Berard's. I think it's obvious she took some major heat over that one, but at least she had the integrity to stand up and face the music instead of slinking off and hoping nobody would ever bring it up.

Kelley's article was a joke.

Old
10-20-2003, 12:52 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stock Rocks
Man, talk about making mountains out of mole hills...this latest ESPN.com article from Jim Kelley takes the cake.

The problem as I see it is that writers like Kelley and TSN's Kara Yorio give people like Bryan Berard a sense of entitlement with their stories. It would be one thing if they were Boston beat writers and saw every game he played, but they aren't- and maybe watch Berard 10 times a year if that. Maybe they happen to see him at his best, but then they swoop in with these inflated puff pieces of his worth, and how they can't understand why the Bruins are "lowballing" him and crap like that and they just don't understand the real situation.

In Yorio's defense, she issued a mea culpa and admitted she was wrong in the last issue of TSN after her ludicrous column that said the Bruins should've walked away from Rolston's arbitration award instead of Berard's. I think it's obvious she took some major heat over that one, but at least she had the integrity to stand up and face the music instead of slinking off and hoping nobody would ever bring it up.

Kelley's article was a joke.
His article was a joke, and I told him as much when I emailed him. It is brainless twits like him that perpetuate the Bruins are cheap mantra when there is so much more to it, but they are too lazy to do the work of a real story.

Old
10-20-2003, 02:34 PM
misterjaggers

Berard's agent continues to shop him

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp...15&hubName=nhl

Closed Thread