HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Schenn vs Couturier

Old
07-07-2011, 11:19 AM
tuckrr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirimon View Post
Isn't this a bit premature? I mean, we still have Giroux and JvR on the team...
i think he was joking...

I hope he was

tuckrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 12:07 PM
mirimon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckrr View Post
i think he was joking...

I hope he was
I was trying to imply that before we think about which one of Schenn or Couturier to chase away, we have to do the same about Roo and JvR.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 12:43 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

First-round pick Couturier aims to make Flyers

Baicker you beotch! Way to run him out of town already...

Quote:
Couturier is rather quiet, a trait that, according to Schenn, he demonstrates both in the locker room and outside of the rink.

http://www.csnphilly.com/07/07/11/Fi...790&feedID=704

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 12:56 PM
tuckrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirimon View Post
I was trying to imply that before we think about which one of Schenn or Couturier to chase away, we have to do the same about Roo and JvR.
i dont think any of the 4 are moving for a while...unless Stamkos is coming back D

Old
07-07-2011, 12:59 PM
Bryz4shiz

Quote:
i dont think any of the 4 are moving for a while...unless Stamkos is coming back D
Nah once JvR and Giroux are both bonafide stars we'll trade them and hope the two young guns can step up and take over

Bryz4shiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 01:01 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
So we have a picture of Schenn partying with girls, and Couturier is the quiet type.

They're doomed

07-07-2011, 01:29 PM
phlocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicy Couturier View Post
For all the hype there was around here over Dougie Hamilton people seem to be damn sure now that Couturier was the right pick much more now than then. In a week it went from wanting Hamilton with our pick to Couturier being the best player in the draft.

I'll wait until I see them both play to make an guess to their futures instead of relying on youtube clips and internet scouts.
I was working during the 1st rnd of the draft and didn't get to see more than just glimpses. I was pissed as hell when I saw that Hamilton fell to the Bruins at 9 and we DIDN'T take him until I got home and saw whom we DID take. I really was hoping beyond hope that Hamilton somehow fell to us at 8 but I couldn't see it realisitically happening. I laughed my butt off when I saw who was taken above us to allow Couturier to fall to us at 8. That was the best pick in the draft. He may not end up being the best player, but to get him at 8 was the BEST pick in the draft.

I wanted Hamilton because nobody else after himreally looked to be anything more than a 2nd pairing dman or 2nd/3rd line forward at best. Hamilton is NOT going to be nearly as good as Bruin fans think he is mark my words. He'll be a borderline 2/3 dman about on the same level as Coburn. that's not NEARLY as great as everyone seems to think. Remember that Coburn was rated pretty much exactly the same and IMO they are very comparable. Don't get me wrong, I like Coburn and he's a damned good dman for us but he's hardly a franchise dman as some people seem to think Hamilton is going to be.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 01:39 PM
tuckrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
I was working during the 1st rnd of the draft and didn't get to see more than just glimpses. I was pissed as hell when I saw that Hamilton fell to the Bruins at 9 and we DIDN'T take him until I got home and saw whom we DID take. I really was hoping beyond hope that Hamilton somehow fell to us at 8 but I couldn't see it realisitically happening. I laughed my butt off when I saw who was taken above us to allow Couturier to fall to us at 8. That was the best pick in the draft. He may not end up being the best player, but to get him at 8 was the BEST pick in the draft.

I wanted Hamilton because nobody else after himreally looked to be anything more than a 2nd pairing dman or 2nd/3rd line forward at best. Hamilton is NOT going to be nearly as good as Bruin fans think he is mark my words. He'll be a borderline 2/3 dman about on the same level as Coburn. that's not NEARLY as great as everyone seems to think. Remember that Coburn was rated pretty much exactly the same and IMO they are very comparable. Don't get me wrong, I like Coburn and he's a damned good dman for us but he's hardly a franchise dman as some people seem to think Hamilton is going to be.
couts> hamiliton was an easy pick for us IMO

the only other big upset was larsson @ 4

we're going to hate him in red.

Old
07-07-2011, 01:44 PM
phlocky

Personally, I think that Couturier will be the more dominant player. Take that however you want but I think they are different enough and will have very different roles and THAT will make it very difficult to say one is "better" than the other. Which would you say is better, Richards or Carter??? Carter is the much better goal scorer and natural talent but Richards is much more dominant on the ice.

I really can see Couturier developing into a Richards/Kesler type player and having a bigger impact on the ice than even JVR or Giroux. However, his nightly impact may go somewhat un-noticed because if he's doing a hell of a job shutting down the likes of Crosby/Ovi/Stamkos and this allows the other guys to score just enough goals for us to win then who is to say?? I mean if it's Couturiers job to PREVENT say 2 goals against every night isn't that better/more important than say JVR or Giroux or Schenn getting just one point (either by scoring or assisting) a night (and thats an 80 point season, that's not too shabby).

Once Briere is off the books we will need to have one of Giroux or Schenn step up and be able to be a true #1 center for this team or I believe that one will be dealt in an effort to find one.

Old
07-07-2011, 01:47 PM
phlocky

Quote:
couts> hamiliton was an easy pick for us IMO

the only other big upset was larsson @ 4

we're going to hate him in red.

Yes we are going to hate seeing Larsson for the next 15+ years. Pissed me off when NJ lucked out and got him.

And yes, Couturier >>> Hamilton, that's why I was happy as a pig in <you know what> when I got home and saw why we DIDN'T take Hamilton at #8.

Old
07-07-2011, 01:49 PM
dookie88

Quote:
Personally, I think that Couturier will be the more dominant player. Take that however you want but I think they are different enough and will have very different roles and THAT will make it very difficult to say one is "better" than the other. Which would you say is better, Richards or Carter??? Carter is the much better goal scorer and natural talent but Richards is much more dominant on the ice.

I really can see Couturier developing into a Richards/Kesler type player and having a bigger impact on the ice than even JVR or Giroux. However, his nightly impact may go somewhat un-noticed because if he's doing a hell of a job shutting down the likes of Crosby/Ovi/Stamkos and this allows the other guys to score just enough goals for us to win then who is to say?? I mean if it's Couturiers job to PREVENT say 2 goals against every night isn't that better/more important than say JVR or Giroux or Schenn getting just one point (either by scoring or assisting) a night (and thats an 80 point season, that's not too shabby).

Once Briere is off the books we will need to have one of Giroux or Schenn step up and be able to be a true #1 center for this team or I believe that one will be dealt in an effort to find one.
Richards.
Don't even have to think about that one.

dookie88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 01:52 PM
infidelappel*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
Quiet? Sounds like a bad leader.

Trade Schenn AND Couturier. I'll have none of this nonsense on my team.

infidelappel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 02:08 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by infidelappel View Post

Trade them for what?

Two high draft picks in a CHL draft?

We can have the next next Richards and Carter. Think about the possibilities.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 02:11 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:

Ed...you have completely lost it. Time to put you in a padded room with a helmet...

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 02:13 PM
Schenn10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
So we have a picture of Schenn partying with girls, and Couturier is the quiet type.

They're doomed
I'm gonna cry when Schenn "chokes" late in game 6 of the Stanley Cup Final and shoots the puck right into the goalie with a wide open net in a tie game

Schenn10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 02:35 PM
infidelappel*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Trade them for what?

Two high draft picks in a CHL draft?

We can have the next next Richards and Carter. Think about the possibilities.
We need to trade Couturier for an enigmatic scorer and top 10 CHL draft pick.

Then we need to trade Schenn for the next Schenn, and one of the CHL's few black players, if possible.

I'll have none of these mumble-mouthed partyboy types. God help us if Schenn ever shows up to camp with platinum blond hair and smells like stripper.

Old
07-07-2011, 02:42 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schenn10 View Post
I'm gonna cry when Schenn "chokes" late in game 6 of the Stanley Cup Final and shoots the puck right into the goalie with a wide open net in a tie game
No, Schenn is the next Richards, so he will be lambasted for not being good enough while injured after the press decides to hate him for not being talkative enough.

It's Courturier who will get a reputation for choking

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 02:47 PM
OriginJM
watch out im smart

I'll be seeing both them tomorrow, want me to ask any questions? Haha

OriginJM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 02:49 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginJM View Post
Are you thinking of teaming up with Voracek, Giroux, vanRiemsdyk, and Simmonds to form the new Olde City Crew?

Couturier/vanRiemsdyk - Carter
Schenn/Giroux - Richards
Voracek - Hartnell
Simmonds - Upshall
?????? - Lupul

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 02:50 PM
infidelappel*

Quote:
Ask Schenn how much time he plans to spend slamming hotties instead of working on his game, so we can start the railroad out of town.

And also for the digits of that chick in the one party photo.

Old
07-07-2011, 02:59 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

Quote:
Ask Schenn how much time he plans to spend slamming hotties instead of working on his game, so we can start the railroad out of town.

And also for the digits of that chick in the one party photo.
IT BEGINS.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 02:59 PM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:
Ask Schenn if he thinks it was cool to be traded for Mike Richards and Steven Stamkos in a span of a couple weeks.

Protest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 05:25 PM
CharlieGirl

Quote:
However, his nightly impact may go somewhat un-noticed because if he's doing a hell of a job shutting down the likes of Crosby/Ovi/Stamkos and this allows the other guys to score just enough goals for us to win then who is to say?? I mean if it's Couturiers job to PREVENT say 2 goals against every night isn't that better/more important than say JVR or Giroux or Schenn getting just one point (either by scoring or assisting) a night (and thats an 80 point season, that's not too shabby).
You just described Carter.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 05:54 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post

They're doomed
Is that studious quiet or hung over quiet? There's just a certain not-Bobby-Clarke-Wayne-Gretzky-and-trappist-monk-rolled-into-one that makes me mistrust these boys.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 06:05 PM
mirimon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
Is that studious quiet or hung over quiet? There's just a certain not-Bobby-Clarke-Wayne-Gretzky-and-trappist-monk-rolled-into-one that makes me mistrust these boys.
Mmmm.... trappist beer...

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote