HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

[STL] Blues sign Jamie Langenbrunner to (1/2.5mil + 300K Possible Bonuses)

Old
07-07-2011, 01:35 PM
Oh Baby!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyOwns View Post
questioned by some and did not sit well with others is nothing more than speculation. Besides, anyone who doesn’t think kovy should be on the PP (albeit perhaps not at the point) shouldn’t be allowed to touch a stick. Plus, even if they did feel that way, they never let it affect their performance which you’re saying the captain did? Even if youre right (and you aren’t) langs handled it terribly. I wish him luck in st louis, but I don’t want to see him in red and black ever again
What am I wrong about? I just posted a quote from the same article you did...

You posted that, there is no way Kovy had anything to do with it, the fact that same article at least mentions it, shows it's at least conceivable to think it had some sort of effect on the locker room, right or wrong, excuse or not.

I don't disagree it seems he handled it wrong, it says that in the same article too. But it's fairly obvious there were locker room issues that went beyond one man.

Last edited by Oh Baby!: 07-07-2011 at 01:40 PM. Reason: added last paragraph
Oh Baby! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 01:39 PM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Devil fans really, really hate Langenbrunner. Maybe if we show him love and devotion he will play better.
Nah, not really..we’re more disappointed than anything else. Seeing what he did upon his arrival to NJ, how he was a leader and a role model…and then to see what happened towards the end...its like a slap in the face. When sutter stripped elias of the C and gave it to langs, something happened that we haven’t quite been able to recover from in terms of leadership issues.
Like I said earlier, I wish no ill will on the guy..just stay over there. Alllllll the way over there

MartyOwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 01:50 PM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh Baby! View Post
What am I wrong about? I just posted a quote from the same article you did...

You posted that, there is no way Kovy had anything to do with it, the fact that same article at least mentions it, shows it's at least conceivable to think it had some sort of effect on the locker room, right or wrong, excuse or not.

I don't disagree it seems he handled it wrong, it says that in the same article too. But it's fairly obvious there were locker room issues that went beyond one man.
fairly obvious to whom? look at our record after he left, which has been quoted ad nauseum. eklund reported there were grumblings in our locker room due to kovy as well- again i chalk that up to baseless, dumb*** speculation

Old
07-07-2011, 02:15 PM
Oh Baby!

Quote:
fairly obvious to whom? look at our record after he left, which has been quoted ad nauseum. eklund reported there were grumblings in our locker room due to kovy as well- again i chalk that up to baseless, dumb*** speculation
Someone that read the article you quoted.

Last edited by Oh Baby!: 07-07-2011 at 02:41 PM.
Old
07-07-2011, 03:00 PM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

but not someone who read what i posted. gotcha

Old
07-07-2011, 03:06 PM
Oh Baby!

Quote:
but not someone who read what i posted. gotcha
Correct, should "i chalk that up to baseless, dumb*** speculation"?

Old
07-07-2011, 03:38 PM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

Quote:
Correct, should "i chalk that up to baseless, dumb*** speculation"?
Fine, lets do this:

"Lemaire’s need to constantly juggle line combinations was questioned by some players and Ilya Kovalchuk’s freewheeling individual freedom and quarterbacking on the power play did not sit well with others."

First part-irrelevant. Has nothing to do with kovy. But, for the record, I cannot find any quotes from any players ‘questioning’ lemaire’s tendency to juggle lines. That alone should tip you off that maybe this (along with what follows next) is just speculation.

2nd part- Ilya Kovalchuk’s freewheeling individual freedom and quarterbacking on the power play did not sit well with others

‘did not sit well with others’. Fans? Owners? Members of the coaching staff? Players? Martians? Again, the ambiguity here should tip you off that this is speculation. That’s the reason I included DIRECT QUOTES from the story, as opposed to chere’s (I believe it was him) speculative comments. Holy hell. Understood now? if not, i can't explain it any clearer unless you pay me tutoring fees.

Old
07-07-2011, 04:40 PM
Overkamp

vCash: 250
I love how one part of the article is relevant but the other part isnt?

Talk about shills.

For the record, I believe, after listening to Langenbrunner talk and reading his quotes on his new contract with the Blues, that he will be fine. He knows his role and seems as excited as ever.

It's behind him. He's moved on. Why others can't is beyond me.

Overkamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 04:47 PM
Overkamp

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnholyPrince View Post
Langs was regulated to the 3rd/4th line in Dallas after he didn't mesh with Ribs/Morrow, and still sucked. He was given ample PP and PK time, and Crawford often times put him out in the last minute of a tier or 1 goal game, where Langs would promptly blow his coverage and cost Dallas a point or the game.

Hope for your guys sake he does better in a different city/fresh start. But ice time wasn't his problem in Dallas.
See, but this not what NJ and Dallas fans have been saying. Read through this thread. According to some (many) he was playing top 6 minutes in Dallas?

And if he were playing bottom 6 minutes than what the hell did you expect of him? To be on a 60 point pace?

Which one is it?

Can't have your cake and eat it too..

Last edited by Overkamp: 07-07-2011 at 05:08 PM.
Overkamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 05:39 PM
Al Core

vCash: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkamp View Post
See, but this not what NJ and Dallas fans have been saying. Read through this thread. According to some (many) he was playing top 6 minutes in Dallas?

And if he were playing bottom 6 minutes than what the hell did you expect of him? To be on a 60 point pace?

Which one is it?

Can't have your cake and eat it too..
Just went through the thread again. Didn't see a single Dallas fan, much less many, saying he was playing top 6 minutes. What he described is exactly what happened. Langenbrunner came in to play top 6 with Ribeiro and Morrow. It became clear pretty quickly that he couldn't keep up. So, he was moved to bottom six minutes and still looked horrible.

I don't know where you got the 60 point pace idea from. We expected the same thing Blues fans in this thread expect: veteran leadership and an anchor on the 3rd/4th line. Instead, he consistently blew assignments and took horrible penalties.

Maybe it was a fluke year, maybe it wasn't. But there's no point in getting defensive with every single Devils/Stars fan about the move. We watched him play a lot of games last year, and he was bad in most of them no matter what line he was on.

Al Core is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 06:07 PM
Stang

Andy Strickland
Jamie Langenbrunner told me yesterday there was a 2 yr offer on the table from the Blues as well but chose to accept the 1 yr #Blues
45 minutes ago from web

Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 06:32 PM
HooliganX2

vCash: 772
I really don't know why my fellow Blues fans are so defensive with the Stars and Devil's fans. They saw him play last season he wasn't good. I don't see why they would just unfairly pick on him. To me it seems they are happy he is not on their team.....

HooliganX2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 08:23 PM
Oh Baby!

Quote:
Fine, lets do this:

"Lemaire’s need to constantly juggle line combinations was questioned by some players and Ilya Kovalchuk’s freewheeling individual freedom and quarterbacking on the power play did not sit well with others."

First part-irrelevant. Has nothing to do with kovy. But, for the record, I cannot find any quotes from any players ‘questioning’ lemaire’s tendency to juggle lines. That alone should tip you off that maybe this (along with what follows next) is just speculation.

2nd part- Ilya Kovalchuk’s freewheeling individual freedom and quarterbacking on the power play did not sit well with others

‘did not sit well with others’. Fans? Owners? Members of the coaching staff? Players? Martians? Again, the ambiguity here should tip you off that this is speculation. That’s the reason I included DIRECT QUOTES from the story, as opposed to chere’s (I believe it was him) speculative comments. Holy hell. Understood now? if not, i can't explain it any clearer unless you pay me tutoring fees.
Others= other players....really?

It implies the players upset about Ilya were not necessarily the same as the ones upset about line juggling.

Sounds like locker room issues beyond one person. It shows it's possible he (Ilya) contributed to them. I figured the author and article were reliable in your eyes as you posted it.

Last edited by Oh Baby!: 07-07-2011 at 08:30 PM.
Old
07-07-2011, 08:59 PM
MountainGoat
Re-sign Jagr

I like Jamie but I'm glad he's no longer part of the Devils

Best of luck in St. louis

MountainGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 10:14 PM
kittensmasher
moe.ron

At the risk of being redundant, this is a depth signing...no more, no less. Worst-case scenario, Langenbrunner doesn't work out and the Blues part ways with him after this season. Between him, Arnott, Nichol, and Grachev, we patched up the holes in our bottom 6, and for Blues fans, that's the big-picture importance of the past few weeks. If Jamie falls on his face, then St. Louis just leans a little more heavily on their other acquisitions.

kittensmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 11:41 PM
EastonBlues22
Global Moderator

For 5 on 5 play:

2010-2011:
GF/60 while ON ICE: 2.38
GA/60 while ON ICE: 3.15
Net GF/GA per 60 mintues: -.77
GF/60 while OFF ICE: 1.79 (25% worse)
GA/60 while OFF ICE: 2.84 (10% better)
Net GF/GA per 60 mintues: -1.05 (36% worse)
Top 3 line combos (NJ): Kovalchuk/Zajac, Arnott/Elias, Elias/Zajac (47% total TOI)
Top 3 line combos (DAL): Morrow/Ribeiro, Burish/Ott, Petersen/Wandell (52% TOI)

2009-2010:
GF/60 while ON ICE: 2.64
GA/60 while ON ICE: 2.13
Net GF/GA per 60 mintues: .51
GF/60 while OFF ICE: 2.18 (17% worse)
GA/60 while OFF ICE: 2.03 (5% better)
Net GF/GA per 60 mintues: .15 (71% worse)
Top 3 line combos by TOI%: Parise/Zajac, Elias/Rolston, Elias/Parise (52% TOI)

2008-2009:
GF/60 while ON ICE: 3.23
GA/60 while ON ICE: 1.99
Net GF/GA per 60 mintues: 1.23
GF/60 while OFF ICE: 2.24 (31% worse)
GA/60 while OFF ICE: 2.06 (4% worse)
Net GF/GA per 60 mintues: .18 (85% worse)
Top line combo by TOI%: Parise/Zajac (80% TOI)

There's no doubt in my mind that Langenbrunner has regressed as he's aged. I have every doubt, however, that he's some sort of millstone that the Blues organization just voluntarily tied around their collective neck like many fans are making him out to be.

Take it for what it's worth.

EastonBlues22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 07:59 AM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

Quote:
Others= other players....really?

It implies the players upset about Ilya were not necessarily the same as the ones upset about line juggling.

Sounds like locker room issues beyond one person. It shows it's possible he (Ilya) contributed to them. I figured the author and article were reliable in your eyes as you posted it.
oh man. i give up. you are I are clearly just on 2 different wavelengths. i mean..possible? sure anythings possible. and while you're focusing on the speculative part of the article, and while the author's 'reliability' could be debated, i chose to focus on the quotes. the direct quotes, from langenbrunner's mouth. if you can't see the difference there and the point I was trying to make about a timeline, then...idk what to tell you. enjoy langs, maybe he defeated his demons

Old
07-08-2011, 08:26 AM
Devilswede

Langenbrunner was a really good player for us and had some nice years with us. But he's done.

Good luck to him in St.Louis, but don't expect much from him really. He was a joke of a captain in NJ most of time and he's really cranky.

How he got the same salary he had before boggles my mind a bit, but I guess the Blues thought really highly of him.

Devilswede is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 08:47 AM
Oh Baby!

Quote:
oh man. i give up. you are I are clearly just on 2 different wavelengths. i mean..possible? sure anythings possible. and while you're focusing on the speculative part of the article, and while the author's 'reliability' could be debated, i chose to focus on the quotes. the direct quotes, from langenbrunner's mouth. if you can't see the difference there and the point I was trying to make about a timeline, then...idk what to tell you. enjoy langs, maybe he defeated his demons
I think the quotes confirm what the whole story is about.

Fair enough, I appreciate your opinion. Just not a fan of such absolute statements.

Have a good summer

Old
07-08-2011, 08:59 AM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

you too broski. always liked the blues...al macinnis ftw