Notices

Kaberle Signs With Carolina

Old
07-06-2011, 06:41 PM
Mount KilimanChara

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan1970 View Post
So my question to you all is this:Was the Kaberle deal the reason we won the cup?I think honestly the loss of Kabs will hurt unless we sign another "D" man with his capabilities.He may not of added a lot of goals but just his presence helped.
More than his presence, what he did was form a solid third pairing with McQuaid. 6th defenseman minutes or not, he provided McQuaid with a confident partner to do all the puck-handling McQuaid needed to simplify his own game and play a part in the Cup run. Without 3 solid pairings the Bruins don't win. I don't think just anyone can do what Kaberle did, but fortunately I think Ference can do the same thing going forward. Kaberle is gone because he couldn't displace Ference as a #3-4 defenseman on this team, and wanted to be paid nearly twice as much. Personally I never liked Kaberle and never wanted him to be a Bruin, but I'll always remember him fondly now. Much more fondly than I would if I was going to be watching him don the spoked B for three more years.

Mount KilimanChara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 08:48 AM
stick9

Quote:
Originally Posted by seemlessglass View Post
No, it wasn't. I really think he was a passenger for the playoff run. I will miss him coughing up the puck behind the net and him shying away from the corners because someone might hit him. Adios Tomas we hardly knew ye.
I said something to that affect during the playoffs. I thought he looked he like a pedestrian out there. He rarely had an impact on the outcome and I never really saw the things he was said to bring.

stick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 08:51 AM
stick9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mount KilimanChara View Post
More than his presence, what he did was form a solid third pairing with McQuaid. 6th defenseman minutes or not, he provided McQuaid with a confident partner to do all the puck-handling McQuaid needed to simplify his own game and play a part in the Cup run. Without 3 solid pairings the Bruins don't win. I don't think just anyone can do what Kaberle did, but fortunately I think Ference can do the same thing going forward. Kaberle is gone because he couldn't displace Ference as a #3-4 defenseman on this team, and wanted to be paid nearly twice as much. Personally I never liked Kaberle and never wanted him to be a Bruin, but I'll always remember him fondly now. Much more fondly than I would if I was going to be watching him don the spoked B for three more years.
That's the rub. We gave up all those assets for guy who ultimately couldn't displace Andrew Ference.

Since they won the cup, obviously I'd do that deal again but I do wonder if there was someone else out there who could have done the same job at a fraction of the price.

Old
07-07-2011, 08:53 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick9 View Post
That's the rub. We gave up all those assets for guy who ultimately couldn't displace Andrew Ference.

Since they won the cup, obviously I'd do that deal again but I do wonder if there was someone else out there who could have done the same job at a fraction of the price.
Corvo?

ODAAT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 09:38 AM
stick9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Corvo?
LOL, touchè

Old
07-07-2011, 09:48 AM
seemlessglass

Quote:

At least the B's will know where the soft under belly of the Canes defense will be.

seemlessglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 09:51 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:

Of course there was. No big deal since it all worked out in the end, but you're spot on with your view about this transaction, IMO.

LSCII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 09:52 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by seemlessglass View Post
At least the B's will know where the soft under belly of the Canes defense will be.
HAHA, I stated the same thing a few pages back, I can guarantee which corner I dump the puck into every time he`s on the ice

ODAAT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 03:20 PM
Decepticon77

???

Im trying to figure out how any of the bruinds fans can think kaberle was any good granted we won the cup, he came in becuase he was supposed to give us the upper hand on the power play... Well how did that work in the playoffs, in addition he gave up the puck in our zone much too often, again though we won the cup so its a plus, i like he went else where, although i didnt like that ryder went else where, with all the cap space we couldve signed him for what hes getting in dallas.

Decepticon77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 03:25 PM
Decepticon77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely08 View Post
Don't forget passing out front to an oncoming forechecker for a tap in gimme. Personally I blamed Thomas, was just trying to fit in w/ the GDT crowd.

That was all kinds of awesome. It almost hit Wideman heights of awesome.
That did hit like wideman, but if your playing a playoff team and you give up the puck near the net like kabs did often probably 7 out of 10 times i dont care if your goaltender is/was roy/brodeaur, they are going to give up goals, just sayin!

Decepticon77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 03:45 PM
BNHL
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
HAHA, I stated the same thing a few pages back, I can guarantee which corner I dump the puck into every time he`s on the ice
Better be dumping the puck late,otherwise you'll be seeing it behind you.

BNHL is offline   Reply With Quote