HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers Have Signed Goalie Jason Bacashihua

Old
07-07-2011, 05:03 PM
ilovetheflyers8

vCash: 500
Flyers Have Signed Goalie Jason Bacashihua

He has been playing regularly in the AHL since 02-03,and has played 38 games in the NHL for the Blues over the course of 05-06 and 06-07.

Source for signing: http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/f...evel-deal.html

-edit there are apparently conflicting reports and he might have signed with Phoenix.

-edit 2 - Frank Seravalli said on twitter
Quote:
For those asking about Bacashihua... Including @TheGoalieGuild, I have the e-mail from the NHLPA w/ him signing in PHI on Tues. Not PHX.

http://twitter.com/#!/DNFlyers

• Number: 35
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 177
  • Catches: Left
  • Born: September 20, 1982
  • Birthplace: Garden City, MI, United States
  • Drafted by Dallas in the 2001 NHL Entry Draft, 1st round (26th overall)

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 07-07-2011 at 08:42 PM.
ilovetheflyers8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 05:04 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

I guess we have a goalie we can call up if we need to.

...I REALLY hope we don't need to.

07-07-2011, 05:05 PM
Wayne Train
who is lord stanley?

Aren't we at the 50 contract max already? What exactly is the point of this, if any...

Wayne Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 05:05 PM
jd2210
Registered Non User

So it WAS us then? I'm confused. 3 twitters say pho and 5 say phi. Big difference. If it is us I assume he will backup in the A which means????????

jd2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 05:08 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Great name.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Hollywood Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 05:11 PM
Coppy
Good Luck Richie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyer Rob View Post
Aren't we at the 50 contract max already? What exactly is the point of this, if any...
This will max us at 50 I think. Someone will have to be traded for us to bring in anyone else or if Couturier is going to make the team.

Coppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 05:13 PM
ilovetheflyers8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd2210 View Post
So it WAS us then? I'm confused. 3 twitters say pho and 5 say phi. Big difference. If it is us I assume he will backup in the A which means????????
Were there any rumors that Fum signed him too?

I guess he is only going to get to play 20 games or so, since he is behind Leighton and Backlund, unless Bob gets traded.

Old
07-07-2011, 05:18 PM
Wayne Train
who is lord stanley?

It seems like we are one of the few teams that just waste contracts....to me, when you are within 3 contracts of the 50 max, this is a signing you just don't do. ugh holmgren

Old
07-07-2011, 05:21 PM
Swiper the Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetheflyers8 View Post
Were there any rumors that Fum signed him too?

I guess he is only going to get to play 20 games or so, since he is behind Leighton and Backlund, unless Bob gets traded.
maybe they find a way to get rid of leighton

Swiper the Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 05:22 PM
VanSciver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppy View Post
This will max us at 50 I think. Someone will have to be traded for us to bring in anyone else or if Couturier is going to make the team.
It puts them at 49 I beleive

Quote:
It seems like we are one of the few teams that just waste contracts....to me, when you are within 3 contracts of the 50 max, this is a signing you just don't do. ugh holmgren
Sure you do if you know what's going on. If Bryzgalov or Bobrovsky sustains an injury, who do you call up to be the back up for a few games. Both Leighton and Backlund would be subject to recall waivers if recalled. Have to know all the facts before making statements like this.

VanSciver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 05:38 PM
Coppy
Good Luck Richie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanSciver View Post
It puts them at 49 I beleive.
49 without Talbot signed. He is sure to resign a restructured deal.

Old
07-07-2011, 05:45 PM
Wayne Train
who is lord stanley?

Quote:

Sure you do if you know what's going on. If Bryzgalov or Bobrovsky sustains an injury, who do you call up to be the back up for a few games. Both Leighton and Backlund would be subject to recall waivers if recalled. Have to know all the facts before making statements like this.
So then wait until the season starts to make that move. What if 2 guys sustain significant injuries in training camp who were thought to help out either team (Flyers/Phantoms)? Then you put yourself in a very bad position...you don't need to sign just a back up goalie in July, especially with other roster moves potentially.

Old
07-07-2011, 05:46 PM
mirimon

Quote:

With Talbot included it will be 50, I think. Could be wrong though.

Can someone explain the waiver rules for me... I know it has something to do with games played, and in recall waivers the AHL salary is somehow involved there as well I think.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 05:47 PM
o Hamhuis 2 x

Quote:

You don't think it would be better for the team to sign a goalie that is actually worth signing to any contract to a two way deal? This guy is such garbage I don't even want him to be signed to a contract, even though he is.

o Hamhuis 2 x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 05:50 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by o Hamhuis 2 x View Post
You don't think it would be better for the team to sign a goalie that is actually worth signing to any contract to a two way deal? This guy is such garbage I don't even want him to be signed to a contract, even though he is.
Who else is there?

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 05:51 PM
o Hamhuis 2 x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Who else is there?
I'm not sure off the top of my head but there had to be someone better out there.
Ersberg could've been an option

o Hamhuis 2 x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 05:52 PM
VanSciver

Quote:
So then wait until the season starts to make that move. What if 2 guys sustain significant injuries in training camp who were thought to help out either team (Flyers/Phantoms)? Then you put yourself in a very bad position...you don't need to sign just a back up goalie in July, especially with other roster moves potentially.
I'll give you the same line, you make the moves necessary if and when that happens. They need to get a player in and acclimated. This will not stop any other moves the team chooses to make. This was a necessary move.

Quote:
I haven't seen the numbers but it's probably a cheap one year deal. What would you expect to get to be a 3rd Goalie on the Phantoms?

Old
07-07-2011, 05:54 PM
Coppy
Good Luck Richie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirimon View Post
Can someone explain the waiver rules for me... I know it has something to do with games played, and in recall waivers the AHL salary is somehow involved there as well I think.
Its kind of complicated. Anyone making 105,000 or more in the AHL must go through re-entry waivers to be called up. But I believe Bacashihua is waiver exempt because he hasn't been on an NHL roster over the past few season.

Edit: At least I hope I'm interpreting that rule right. Because at first glance Bacashihua isn't waiver exempt. He is making $125,000 in the AHL.

Old
07-07-2011, 06:06 PM
mirimon

Quote:
I'm not sure off the top of my head but there had to be someone better out there.
Ersberg is under contract in the KHL for one of the top teams, doubt he'd be interested to go play in the AHL in Glen Falls.

A goalie that is out there is Carter Hutton who played a few games for the Phantoms in 2009-2010. He would most certainly not be waiver exempt at least...

Quote:
Its kind of complicated. Anyone making 105,000 or more in the AHL must go through re-entry waivers to be called up. But I believe Bacashihua is waiver exempt because he hasn't been on an NHL roster over the past few season.

Edit: At least I hope I'm interpreting that rule right. Because at first glance Bacashihua isn't waiver exempt. He is making $125,000 in the AHL.
Yeah, that's what I thought when I saw that. I'm also unsure about that whole games played thing... I thought AHL games counted as well, but I might be way off there.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 06:08 PM
ilovetheflyers8

Never mind.

Old
07-07-2011, 06:08 PM
VanSciver

Quote:

It's the opposite. A player signed to a 2 way deal whose AHL deal is 105,000 or higher, does not have to clear recall waivers, but is subject to waivers to be sent down. Not being on an NHL roster over the past few Seasons has nothing to do with it. Waivers are based on the same thing for every player. How old the player is when he signed his first deal, how many years have passed since then, and NHL games played

Old
07-07-2011, 06:17 PM
Coppy
Good Luck Richie!

Quote:
It's the opposite. A player signed to a 2 way deal whose AHL deal is 105,000 or higher, does not have to clear recall waivers, but is subject to waivers to be sent down. Not being on an NHL roster over the past few Seasons has nothing to do with it. Waivers are based on the same thing for every player. How old the player is when he signed his first deal, how many years have passed since then, and NHL games played
From capgeek:

"Waiver-eligible players on minor-league assignments are subject to reentry waivers if they are recalled and their minor-league salary is greater than $105,000 in 2009-10 and beyond. "

"Skaters who have played 320 or more professional games in North America (NHL, AHL, or ECHL) or goalies who have played 180 or more professional games in North America (NHL, AHL, or ECHL) and (a) who have not been on an NHL roster for 80 or more games over the last two seasons or (b) who have not spent more than 40 games on an NHL roster in the immediately prior season, are exempt from recall waivers. "

Old
07-07-2011, 06:22 PM
luby3131

I thought he signed a 2-way deal with Phoenix the other day?

luby3131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 06:50 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
The Flyers had 4 goalies on one-way contracts, and zero on two-way contracts. Before the team was thrown into upheaval, this is actually one of our top needs.

Quote:
Ersberg is back home and staying home. He's not coming back over to play in the AHL.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 07:17 PM
ilovetheflyers8

Quote:
Originally Posted by luby3131 View Post
I thought he signed a 2-way deal with Phoenix the other day?
There has apparently been conflicting reports. Capgeek hasn't said one way or the other, and the Flyers site doesn't say anything either.