HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs Development Camp (July 6-8, Brossard)

Old
07-07-2011, 12:25 PM
Fozz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScopeHockey View Post
Very few that have top 3 potential though....Beaulieu, maybe Bennett, maybe Tinordi but more likely to be a bottom 3 guy who plays a Gill type of role.
The nice about top-3 dmen is that you only need 3...

Fozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 12:42 PM
expos4ever

from Andie Bennett:

AndieCBC: Habs top pick Nathan Beaulieu. After major skating drills day at habs development camp http://yfrog.com/kezw4qsj (10 minutes ago from Twitter for BlackBerry®)

expos4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 12:46 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
Post of the year

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 01:02 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Not to mention that Subban already is one.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 02:24 PM
Richiebottles
S L O W | M A G I C

Send a message via AIM to Richiebottles
Quote:
Originally Posted by expos4ever View Post
from Andie Bennett:

AndieCBC: Habs top pick Nathan Beaulieu. After major skating drills day at habs development camp http://yfrog.com/kezw4qsj (10 minutes ago from Twitter for BlackBerry®)

Yea that just look's right.

Richiebottles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 02:25 PM
Protest the Hero

I love this thread.

Oh and quick, someone get the exact measurements of the height for the nameplates so we can get a correct number for his height.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 02:26 PM
ScopeHockey

Quote:
Yeah, you need 3 on your roster, and you need potential ones in your system to replace the 3 on your roster down the road. Plus, it's nice to have assets for trade opportunities.

ScopeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 02:38 PM
Lars The GOAT Eller
PSN: WildGranlund

Send a message via Skype™ to Lars The GOAT Eller
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScopeHockey View Post
Yeah, you need 3 on your roster, and you need potential ones in your system to replace the 3 on your roster down the road. Plus, it's nice to have assets for trade opportunities.
We have Markov, Subban who are top 3 and maybe Emelin and Gorges.

Then Beaulieu, Tinordi and Bennett are potentially top 3

Lars The GOAT Eller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 02:43 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by expos4ever View Post
from Andie Bennett:

Quick, get him in a Habs jersey...

Wait...

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 02:44 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by hard4u2win View Post
We have Markov, Subban who are top 3 and maybe Emelin and Gorges.

Then Beaulieu, Tinordi and Bennett are potentially top 3
No..

Old
07-07-2011, 02:44 PM
Harry Kakalovich

Went to the camp this morning - it was all skating drills so only so much one can say, but I will go through what I saw:

Beaulieu - he's bigger than I remembered him in the Q and he did well in most skating drills. He looks like a really solid prospect.

Didier - also quite big and sturdy. His skating was good now and it seemed like he has room to get better. He definitely looks like a nice pickup in the 4th round.

Archambault - has good skating and skills but always seemed to be cutting corners and not really wanting to work.

Nygren - looked pretty choppy and had trouble with several of the drills, but had a good attitude. He was playing a lot on the ice, running into guys and clowning a bit. The nice thing is if he can do well already in the SEL, maybe after working on the skating etc. there is room for him to improve even higher. That's looking at the bright side of course.

Dietz - did not look very big, but he was pretty agile and did well in all of the skating drills. Certainly didn't seem like his skating would be what would hold him back.

Pribyl - as opposed to what I just wrote about Dietz, Pribyl definitely needs to work a lot on his skating. He struggled quite a bit on several of the drills, especially skating backwards. He's a big center, and his frame is certainly enticing, but it will take him some time and a lot of work. Intriguing.

Sullivan - very good skater with a solid frame. Nothing wrong with this guy - seems like a really solid citizen. Let's see what happens going forward, but this seems like a really solid pickup in round 7.

Westin - Had some trouble with certain of the drills and certainly never seemed to excel.

Bennett - definitely a really good solid skater. Really fluid and confident. He is quite a bit smaller than most of the other fellows, so that will be a big challenge for him. He looked like he has some pro potential.

Pateryn - his skating wasn't always terrific, but he got the job done and seems to have a good presence out there. Went first on a lot of the drills.

McFadden - I liked the look of him, but he was a little awkward in some of the drills. Leggy, if that makes any sense. His skating needs some work, but he didn't seem out of place.

Brodeur - he's a guy I knew nothing about. He's really small. His skating was all right, but maybe not as strong as the other little guys (Bennett and Archambault).

So that is what I came away with - skating technique is not my forte so it is just an amateur opinion. Cheers!

Harry Kakalovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 02:48 PM
Habsfan18

Thanks for the report HK!

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 02:50 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Kakalovitch View Post
Went to the camp this morning - it was all skating drills so only so much one can say, but I will go through what I saw:

Beaulieu - he's bigger than I remembered him in the Q and he did well in most skating drills. He looks like a really solid prospect.

Didier - also quite big and sturdy. His skating was good now and it seemed like he has room to get better. He definitely looks like a nice pickup in the 4th round.

Archambault - has good skating and skills but always seemed to be cutting corners and not really wanting to work.

Nygren - looked pretty choppy and had trouble with several of the drills, but had a good attitude. He was playing a lot on the ice, running into guys and clowning a bit. The nice thing is if he can do well already in the SEL, maybe after working on the skating etc. there is room for him to improve even higher. That's looking at the bright side of course.

Dietz - did not look very big, but he was pretty agile and did well in all of the skating drills. Certainly didn't seem like his skating would be what would hold him back.

Pribyl - as opposed to what I just wrote about Dietz, Pribyl definitely needs to work a lot on his skating. He struggled quite a bit on several of the drills, especially skating backwards. He's a big center, and his frame is certainly enticing, but it will take him some time and a lot of work. Intriguing.

Sullivan - very good skater with a solid frame. Nothing wrong with this guy - seems like a really solid citizen. Let's see what happens going forward, but this seems like a really solid pickup in round 7.

Westin - Had some trouble with certain of the drills and certainly never seemed to excel.

Bennett - definitely a really good solid skater. Really fluid and confident. He is quite a bit smaller than most of the other fellows, so that will be a big challenge for him. He looked like he has some pro potential.

Pateryn - his skating wasn't always terrific, but he got the job done and seems to have a good presence out there. Went first on a lot of the drills.

McFadden - I liked the look of him, but he was a little awkward in some of the drills. Leggy, if that makes any sense. His skating needs some work, but he didn't seem out of place.

Brodeur - he's a guy I knew nothing about. He's really small. His skating was all right, but maybe not as strong as the other little guys (Bennett and Archambault).

So that is what I came away with - skating technique is not my forte so it is just an amateur opinion. Cheers!
Very nice, ty.

I assume there was no puck control drills combined with the skating? That's usually where you can separate the puck movers from the stay-at-home guys.

Old
07-07-2011, 02:52 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Thanks HK!

bcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 02:52 PM
Habsfan18

Doesn't Hockey Inside Out usually have audio interviews with the prospects every year? Nothing at all yet, which is disappointing.

Old
07-07-2011, 02:54 PM
Harry Kakalovich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
Very nice, ty.

I assume there was no puck control drills combined with the skating? That's usually where you can separate the puck movers from the stay-at-home guys.
no pucks at all, really. Perry Pearn threw maybe five passes during one drill where the guys were turning around in a circle with their sticks to the ice, just to test them, but that was it.

Harry Kakalovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 03:04 PM
Protest the Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Doesn't Hockey Inside Out usually have audio interviews with the prospects every year? Nothing at all yet, which is disappointing.
Pretty much the status quo since they changed their name.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 03:08 PM
Habsfan18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less Habitats View Post
Ain't that the truth.

Old
07-07-2011, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle West View Post
Nygga and Subban on the PP!

Can't wait.
Always makes me laugh to see how black hockey players are still such a novelty for hockey fans lol

417 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 03:49 PM
Loosie

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
I just checked this dude out. Statistically he seems like a steal. Reason is prior to playing this offensively he was still a plus player, albeit in limited games. He improved his offense the next year but not quite as drastically and wasn't a huge minus. Then you look up his team this year and they lost more than they won. That likely means giving up more goals than they get on average. Most of the team was probably a minus. 5 players were a + the rest were even or negative, him being the worst one lol.

It's definitely some indication but a bad team no less. Back when he was a plus player in limited games his team was also a lot better:

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/l...047152010.html

Versus last years team:

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/l...008182011.html

Considering his team this other dude did great:

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=116080

Next years draft probably.
Sgarbossa signed with San Jose prior to last season. Sudbury really was a team of two half seasons. They were pretty bad in the first half of the season, mostly due a ton of injuries, O'Dell and McFarland being the major ones. Then when McFarland played like crap after he got back the trade with Saginaw (which saw Sgarbossa come to Sudbury) really turned the team around.

Not to de-rail the thread but McFarland's stock has just plumeted, from wanting Excptional status in the OHL draft ala Tavares, to being drafted first overall by Sudbury, he was a projected top 10 NHL draftee and dropped to the second round 33rd overall to Florida, to being absolute crap last season.

Loosie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 04:05 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Kakalovitch View Post
Thanks for sharing! Very much appreciated.

hototogisu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 05:17 PM
Richiebottles
S L O W | M A G I C

Send a message via AIM to Richiebottles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Less Habitats View Post
RDS Video has some.

Richiebottles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 06:34 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

The only bad news about Bennett is that they thought, based on his family, that he'd be much bigger than that....Everybody is around 6'2'' and 6'3 in his family.

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 06:41 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
The only bad news about Bennett is that they thought, based on his family, that he'd be much bigger than that....Everybody is around 6'2'' and 6'3 in his family.
He could still grow a bit for another year so lets hope!

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 06:48 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
6' puck moving d-men are all over the NHL, so he isn't exactly small for his potential role. If he was an enforcer and projected to be 6' 190-195 maybe I'd be concerned.

Monctonscout is online now   Reply With Quote