HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs Development Camp (July 6-8, Brossard)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-07-2011, 12:25 PM
  #101
Fozz
Registered User
 
Fozz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 6,575
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScopeHockey View Post
Very few that have top 3 potential though....Beaulieu, maybe Bennett, maybe Tinordi but more likely to be a bottom 3 guy who plays a Gill type of role.
The nice about top-3 dmen is that you only need 3...

Fozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 12:42 PM
  #102
expos4ever
Registered User
 
expos4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kirkland QC
Posts: 110
vCash: 500
from Andie Bennett:

AndieCBC: Habs top pick Nathan Beaulieu. After major skating drills day at habs development camp http://yfrog.com/kezw4qsj (10 minutes ago from Twitter for BlackBerry®)


expos4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 12:46 PM
  #103
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Maxpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 14,801
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
The nice about top-3 dmen is that you only need 3...
Post of the year

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 01:02 PM
  #104
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
The nice about top-3 dmen is that you only need 3...
Not to mention that Subban already is one.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 02:24 PM
  #105
Richiebottles
S L O W | M A G I C
 
Richiebottles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 11,109
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Richiebottles
Quote:
Originally Posted by expos4ever View Post
from Andie Bennett:

AndieCBC: Habs top pick Nathan Beaulieu. After major skating drills day at habs development camp http://yfrog.com/kezw4qsj (10 minutes ago from Twitter for BlackBerry®)

Yea that just look's right.

Richiebottles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 02:25 PM
  #106
Protest the Hero
Registered User
 
Protest the Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,383
vCash: 500
I love this thread.

Oh and quick, someone get the exact measurements of the height for the nameplates so we can get a correct number for his height.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 02:26 PM
  #107
ScopeHockey
Registered User
 
ScopeHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
The nice about top-3 dmen is that you only need 3...
Yeah, you need 3 on your roster, and you need potential ones in your system to replace the 3 on your roster down the road. Plus, it's nice to have assets for trade opportunities.

ScopeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 02:38 PM
  #108
Lars The GOAT Eller
PSN: WildGranlund
 
Lars The GOAT Eller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,506
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Lars The GOAT Eller
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScopeHockey View Post
Yeah, you need 3 on your roster, and you need potential ones in your system to replace the 3 on your roster down the road. Plus, it's nice to have assets for trade opportunities.
We have Markov, Subban who are top 3 and maybe Emelin and Gorges.

Then Beaulieu, Tinordi and Bennett are potentially top 3

Lars The GOAT Eller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 02:43 PM
  #109
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder
 
Em Ancien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mount Real Life
Posts: 8,912
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by expos4ever View Post
from Andie Bennett:

AndieCBC: Habs top pick Nathan Beaulieu. After major skating drills day at habs development camp http://yfrog.com/kezw4qsj (10 minutes ago from Twitter for BlackBerry®)

Quick, get him in a Habs jersey...

Wait...

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 02:44 PM
  #110
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder
 
Em Ancien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mount Real Life
Posts: 8,912
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hard4u2win View Post
We have Markov, Subban who are top 3 and maybe Emelin and Gorges.

Then Beaulieu, Tinordi and Bennett are potentially top 3
No..

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 02:44 PM
  #111
Harry Kakalovich
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 883
vCash: 500
Went to the camp this morning - it was all skating drills so only so much one can say, but I will go through what I saw:

Beaulieu - he's bigger than I remembered him in the Q and he did well in most skating drills. He looks like a really solid prospect.

Didier - also quite big and sturdy. His skating was good now and it seemed like he has room to get better. He definitely looks like a nice pickup in the 4th round.

Archambault - has good skating and skills but always seemed to be cutting corners and not really wanting to work.

Nygren - looked pretty choppy and had trouble with several of the drills, but had a good attitude. He was playing a lot on the ice, running into guys and clowning a bit. The nice thing is if he can do well already in the SEL, maybe after working on the skating etc. there is room for him to improve even higher. That's looking at the bright side of course.

Dietz - did not look very big, but he was pretty agile and did well in all of the skating drills. Certainly didn't seem like his skating would be what would hold him back.

Pribyl - as opposed to what I just wrote about Dietz, Pribyl definitely needs to work a lot on his skating. He struggled quite a bit on several of the drills, especially skating backwards. He's a big center, and his frame is certainly enticing, but it will take him some time and a lot of work. Intriguing.

Sullivan - very good skater with a solid frame. Nothing wrong with this guy - seems like a really solid citizen. Let's see what happens going forward, but this seems like a really solid pickup in round 7.

Westin - Had some trouble with certain of the drills and certainly never seemed to excel.

Bennett - definitely a really good solid skater. Really fluid and confident. He is quite a bit smaller than most of the other fellows, so that will be a big challenge for him. He looked like he has some pro potential.

Pateryn - his skating wasn't always terrific, but he got the job done and seems to have a good presence out there. Went first on a lot of the drills.

McFadden - I liked the look of him, but he was a little awkward in some of the drills. Leggy, if that makes any sense. His skating needs some work, but he didn't seem out of place.

Brodeur - he's a guy I knew nothing about. He's really small. His skating was all right, but maybe not as strong as the other little guys (Bennett and Archambault).


So that is what I came away with - skating technique is not my forte so it is just an amateur opinion. Cheers!

Harry Kakalovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 02:48 PM
  #112
Habsfan18
Registered User
 
Habsfan18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,552
vCash: 500
Thanks for the report HK!

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 02:50 PM
  #113
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder
 
Em Ancien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mount Real Life
Posts: 8,912
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Kakalovitch View Post
Went to the camp this morning - it was all skating drills so only so much one can say, but I will go through what I saw:

Beaulieu - he's bigger than I remembered him in the Q and he did well in most skating drills. He looks like a really solid prospect.

Didier - also quite big and sturdy. His skating was good now and it seemed like he has room to get better. He definitely looks like a nice pickup in the 4th round.

Archambault - has good skating and skills but always seemed to be cutting corners and not really wanting to work.

Nygren - looked pretty choppy and had trouble with several of the drills, but had a good attitude. He was playing a lot on the ice, running into guys and clowning a bit. The nice thing is if he can do well already in the SEL, maybe after working on the skating etc. there is room for him to improve even higher. That's looking at the bright side of course.

Dietz - did not look very big, but he was pretty agile and did well in all of the skating drills. Certainly didn't seem like his skating would be what would hold him back.

Pribyl - as opposed to what I just wrote about Dietz, Pribyl definitely needs to work a lot on his skating. He struggled quite a bit on several of the drills, especially skating backwards. He's a big center, and his frame is certainly enticing, but it will take him some time and a lot of work. Intriguing.

Sullivan - very good skater with a solid frame. Nothing wrong with this guy - seems like a really solid citizen. Let's see what happens going forward, but this seems like a really solid pickup in round 7.

Westin - Had some trouble with certain of the drills and certainly never seemed to excel.

Bennett - definitely a really good solid skater. Really fluid and confident. He is quite a bit smaller than most of the other fellows, so that will be a big challenge for him. He looked like he has some pro potential.

Pateryn - his skating wasn't always terrific, but he got the job done and seems to have a good presence out there. Went first on a lot of the drills.

McFadden - I liked the look of him, but he was a little awkward in some of the drills. Leggy, if that makes any sense. His skating needs some work, but he didn't seem out of place.

Brodeur - he's a guy I knew nothing about. He's really small. His skating was all right, but maybe not as strong as the other little guys (Bennett and Archambault).


So that is what I came away with - skating technique is not my forte so it is just an amateur opinion. Cheers!
Very nice, ty.

I assume there was no puck control drills combined with the skating? That's usually where you can separate the puck movers from the stay-at-home guys.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 02:52 PM
  #114
bcv
My french sucks.
 
bcv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,978
vCash: 500
Thanks HK!

bcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 02:52 PM
  #115
Habsfan18
Registered User
 
Habsfan18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,552
vCash: 500
Doesn't Hockey Inside Out usually have audio interviews with the prospects every year? Nothing at all yet, which is disappointing.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 02:54 PM
  #116
Harry Kakalovich
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 883
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
Very nice, ty.

I assume there was no puck control drills combined with the skating? That's usually where you can separate the puck movers from the stay-at-home guys.
no pucks at all, really. Perry Pearn threw maybe five passes during one drill where the guys were turning around in a circle with their sticks to the ice, just to test them, but that was it.

Harry Kakalovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 03:04 PM
  #117
Protest the Hero
Registered User
 
Protest the Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,383
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Doesn't Hockey Inside Out usually have audio interviews with the prospects every year? Nothing at all yet, which is disappointing.
Pretty much the status quo since they changed their name.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 03:08 PM
  #118
Habsfan18
Registered User
 
Habsfan18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,552
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Less Habitats View Post
Pretty much the status quo since they changed their name.
Ain't that the truth.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 03:14 PM
  #119
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,993
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle West View Post
Nygga and Subban on the PP!

Can't wait.
Always makes me laugh to see how black hockey players are still such a novelty for hockey fans lol

417 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 03:49 PM
  #120
Loosie
Registered User
 
Loosie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,349
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
I just checked this dude out. Statistically he seems like a steal. Reason is prior to playing this offensively he was still a plus player, albeit in limited games. He improved his offense the next year but not quite as drastically and wasn't a huge minus. Then you look up his team this year and they lost more than they won. That likely means giving up more goals than they get on average. Most of the team was probably a minus. 5 players were a + the rest were even or negative, him being the worst one lol.

It's definitely some indication but a bad team no less. Back when he was a plus player in limited games his team was also a lot better:

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/l...047152010.html

Versus last years team:

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/l...008182011.html

Considering his team this other dude did great:

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=116080

Next years draft probably.
Sgarbossa signed with San Jose prior to last season. Sudbury really was a team of two half seasons. They were pretty bad in the first half of the season, mostly due a ton of injuries, O'Dell and McFarland being the major ones. Then when McFarland played like crap after he got back the trade with Saginaw (which saw Sgarbossa come to Sudbury) really turned the team around.

Not to de-rail the thread but McFarland's stock has just plumeted, from wanting Excptional status in the OHL draft ala Tavares, to being drafted first overall by Sudbury, he was a projected top 10 NHL draftee and dropped to the second round 33rd overall to Florida, to being absolute crap last season.

Loosie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 04:05 PM
  #121
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,715
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Kakalovitch View Post
Went to the camp this morning - it was all skating drills so only so much one can say, but I will go through what I saw:
Thanks for sharing! Very much appreciated.

hototogisu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 05:17 PM
  #122
Richiebottles
S L O W | M A G I C
 
Richiebottles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 11,109
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Richiebottles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Less Habitats View Post
Pretty much the status quo since they changed their name.
RDS Video has some.

Richiebottles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 06:34 PM
  #123
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,977
vCash: 500
The only bad news about Bennett is that they thought, based on his family, that he'd be much bigger than that....Everybody is around 6'2'' and 6'3 in his family.

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 06:41 PM
  #124
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut
 
Ice Poutine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: ____
Country: Martinique
Posts: 11,691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
The only bad news about Bennett is that they thought, based on his family, that he'd be much bigger than that....Everybody is around 6'2'' and 6'3 in his family.
He could still grow a bit for another year so lets hope!

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 06:48 PM
  #125
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 32,310
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
The only bad news about Bennett is that they thought, based on his family, that he'd be much bigger than that....Everybody is around 6'2'' and 6'3 in his family.
6' puck moving d-men are all over the NHL, so he isn't exactly small for his potential role. If he was an enforcer and projected to be 6' 190-195 maybe I'd be concerned.

Monctonscout is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:04 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.