HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs Development Camp (July 6-8, Brossard)

Old
07-07-2011, 05:54 PM
Estimated_Prophet

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
The only bad news about Bennett is that they thought, based on his family, that he'd be much bigger than that....Everybody is around 6'2'' and 6'3 in his family.
I bet the mailman could skate like a bugger though.........

Estimated_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 05:57 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Mac Bennett is the same size and has a similar skillset to Dunan Keith. Keith does pretty well in the NHL.

Not saying Bennett is gonna be as good as Keith, but something like a Hobo's Keith. At best.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 05:58 PM
ChoseLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
Mac Bennett is the same size and has a similar skillset to Dunan Keith. Keith does pretty well in the NHL.

Not saying Bennett is gonna be as good as Keith, but something like a Hobo's Keith. At best.
So a respectful PK Subban?

ChoseLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 07:09 PM
PhysicX

vCash: 74
I went today for the afternoon practice and greatly enjoyed it. I've never played hockey (haven't even learned how to skate ) and never attended any hockey practice, so it was a first for me. Mostly skating drills, shots added in the middle of practice. Here is what I've noticed today:

First off, Beaulieu. His intensity was quite disappointing during the practice. He did not seem to push himself too hard, because he was slower at executing skating drills than some other guys. My friend thought the same thing. For sure didn't give his 100%, but I hope he's better than what I've seen today. Did not impress me at all.

Bennett was solid on his skates, pretty fast skater and his shot wasn't bad. To me, he seemed focused throughout the whole practice and looks promising. I enjoyed watching him, as he was excited every time he scored a goal or a teammate did (net was almost closed by another net facing it). Went first on most drills.

Didier was quite funny to watch. He is a big right-handed guy, but needs to work on his balance. Seemed like he had the most trouble out of everybody on the one-leg balanced skating. Did not wow me with his shot either.

After what I've read from HK on Pribyl, I thought he would struggle in the drills. What I saw was the opposite. Backwards skating, he did good, but his one-legged skating and balanced was the best out there today. He looked intense and his skating was the most fluid out of everybody there (me and my friend's opinion). He also has a sweet shot (precise) and overall, looked like a steal.

I gotta agree with HK on Archambault, Nygren, Dietz and Westin. Archambault was agile and speedy. Nothing out of this world though. His shot was okay... Can't add really that much more on Nygren. Struggled more than others, but was having fun on the ice with Bennett. Good attitude, but needs much improvement on his skating. Dietz's skating was better than most of the group, and his shot was wicked today. Precision was spot on, as I believe he got the puck in the net more often than any other. Liked what I saw from this Dietz guy. Westin... bahh nothing special.

The other four, haven't really looked at, so cannot give any opinion. That's all folks

Last edited by PhysicX: 07-07-2011 at 08:35 PM.
PhysicX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 07:15 PM
Protest the Hero

That's the thing about Subban, he always gave 100% even in drills. It's the reason he's improved so much since his draft year, always wanting to get better.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 07:19 PM
Subban76

Nice Beaulieu article in LaPresse (in french):

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hoc...4_section_POS3

Same for Bennett:

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hoc...3_article_POS1

Enjoy!

Subban76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 07:25 PM
Physical HABuse

I have to laugh......wait maybe first I'll thank the two that posted evaluations of the players after watching them in the camp.....now I can laugh again. It's like they each went to different camps. The descriptions, brief as they are, are almost polar opposite on some players, e.g. Beaulieu and Pribyl. This is what makes HF fun. There is so much room for discussion and evaluation on our prospects. Thanks again though....I do hope more evaluations keep coming in for those of us who cannot come close to attending the development camp

Physical HABuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 07:53 PM
PhysicX

vCash: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Physical HABuse View Post
I have to laugh......wait maybe first I'll thank the two that posted evaluations of the players after watching them in the camp.....now I can laugh again. It's like they each went to different camps. The descriptions, brief as they are, are almost polar opposite on some players, e.g. Beaulieu and Pribyl. This is what makes HF fun. There is so much room for discussion and evaluation on our prospects. Thanks again though....I do hope more evaluations keep coming in for those of us who cannot come close to attending the development camp
Well, we went to two different sessions, so it's possible that Pribyl had a bad first day, but did well the next one. And I honestly think that Beaulieu didn't give his 100% during this practice.

Last edited by PhysicX: 07-07-2011 at 08:05 PM.
PhysicX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 08:49 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Physical HABuse View Post
You and me, buddy At least we can see the Majors.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 12:03 AM
Turtleneck Plek
Real Life

I love RDS.

Turtleneck Plek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 01:22 AM
Wongchenyuk27
#WONGCHENYUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtleneck Plek View Post

I love RDS.
AHAHA

+ fail at Beaulieu's age

Wongchenyuk27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 05:35 AM
Subban76

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicX View Post
Well, we went to two different sessions, so it's possible that Pribyl had a bad first day, but did well the next one. And I honestly think that Beaulieu didn't give his 100% during this practice.
Listen to the RDS video, he seems to have a big cold right now. Not easy to give it 100% when your sick. The kid is known for hard work and determination, not worried about it for a second.

Subban76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 10:17 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Brian...rest/153/36975

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 01:02 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

via MAG on twitter

Quote:
Daniel Pribyl (Habs 6th round pick) admitted he negotiated with Shawinigan, but HC Sparta refused to let him go. Has 2 more yrs on contract

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 01:09 PM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhldraftvideo View Post
via MAG on twitter
The Czech league has a transfer agreement with the NHL, right? If so, I imagine the Habs will buy Pribyl's rights so he can play in Hamilton in 12-13, if he develops well this season. Too bad about 11-12.

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 01:14 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtleneck Plek View Post

I love RDS.
Imagine trading for Semin. Replace Beaulieu by Semin in the title...

deandebean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 01:21 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhldraftvideo View Post
via MAG on twitter
Sounds like the Cats didn't pony up the money.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 04:15 PM
Richiebottles
Big Mike !

Well i went to the Camp today I saw about 1 hour of Drills

I was really impressed with Mcfadden. He has a GREAT shot and his skating is very good as well.

Brodeur: Small, Has medium skill set. Nothing to write home about

Greg PATERYN : He was ok, did not really stand out

Mac BENNETT : I was REALLY disapointed by his skating. Really shaky. But he has size and he can get better.

John WESTIN : Small, Not overly skilled. Made me think of brodeur a bit.

Nathan BEAULIEU : Smoth Skater with a great shot. It was really cool to see him in action. He will be very good. (Plus i got to get his autograph and called him by his first name).

Josiah DIDIER : Kinda in the same mold as Nygren. He was a tall lanky D-Man. Needs to fill out but he did not stand out in a good way or bad way.

Magnus NYGREN: He was alright. His skating will absolutely need to get better if he wants to get a shot at Hamilton.

Olivier ARCHAMBAULT: Speedy. He has good speed. And i think he also has a good shot. It was hard to evaluate him with all the D-Men around.

Darren DIETZ : In the same mold as Nygren and Didier. Tall D-Man that has average skating but could he very good on Defense if he fills out.

Daniel PRIBYL: This guy. He was my favorite. He is a tall center and makes me think of our Very own Avtsin. With Less hands. But he really makes me think of him. He is good news.

Well that is what i have. Sorry if it isn't that complete i was there for 1 hour. That is all i got.

Richiebottles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 04:19 PM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiebottles View Post
Mac BENNETT : I was REALLY disapointed by his skating. Really shaky. But he has size and he can get better.
That's odd, considering Bennett is one of the smoothest skaters in our system. Must have been having an off day.

Thanks for the report!

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 04:21 PM
Richiebottles
Big Mike !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
That's odd, considering Bennett is one of the smoothest skaters in our system. Must have been having an off day.

Thanks for the report!
Yea no prob. I mean it was one drill were they had to skate backward in a circle and the same frontwards and he was having a hard time with that one. But like you said just an off-day

Old
07-08-2011, 04:27 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Daniel PRIBYL: This guy. He was my favorite. He is a tall center and makes me think of our Very own Avtsin. With Less hands. But he really makes me think of him. He is good news.
I'm excited about this guy, I really hope he can be brought over to North America soon.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 04:30 PM
jcpenny

Drills mean nothing. A lot of guys can look good in drills and not bring it on gameday. In football, one of the worst players in drills that i remember was Terrell Owens, he had so many flaws that would came out in practice but when came Sunday he was the best player on the field. Drills are important for developpement but it means nothing. Its better to judge after a scrimmage.

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 04:37 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:

John WESTIN : Small, Not overly skilled. Made me think of brodeur a bit.
Both players are 6'0. How can 1 have size and the other is small ?

How can Pribyl be compared to our own Avitsin, when we have Avitsin ?

I'm not trying to seem like a jerk, or anything. I appreciate the reviews and all, just makes me wonder.

Plus it's the net and you can't tell tone.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 04:51 PM
Richiebottles
Big Mike !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Both players are 6'0. How can 1 have size and the other is small ?

How can Pribyl be compared to our own Avitsin, when we have Avitsin ?

I'm not trying to seem like a jerk, or anything. I appreciate the reviews and all, just makes me wonder.

Plus it's the net and you can't tell tone.
My bad. He looked small on the ice. And Pribyl just has the same type of game as Avtsin minus the hands.

Old
07-08-2011, 05:58 PM
Dwight
The French Tickler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny View Post
Drills mean nothing. A lot of guys can look good in drills and not bring it on gameday. In football, one of the worst players in drills that i remember was Terrell Owens, he had so many flaws that would came out in practice but when came Sunday he was the best player on the field. Drills are important for developpement but it means nothing. Its better to judge after a scrimmage.
I also remember many people raving over how good Ben Maxwell was in drills, while Ryan White was mediocre.

Come scrimmage time, though, White excelled.

Drills are a nice display through repetitive action, but nothing beats a legit scrimmage. Unfortunately, they didn't have enough players for that here, but we'll see some of these guys at the rookie camp.

Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote