HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Stamkos Agrees To Five-year, $37.5m Contract With Lightning

Old
07-07-2011, 04:10 PM
DUHockey9

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
John Wayne Gretzky said on the main board he heard on the 97.5 the Fanatic that the flyers will offer

Briere
Hartnell
Carle
1st

For

Stamkos
?

That deal wouldnt make sense... not a shot at John Wayne Gretzky but at the Fanatic
So TB is going to take on 13.928 million in cap space?

DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 04:11 PM
IrishSniper87

Briere, Hartnell and Carle account for nearly $14 million in cap space.

WTF? Terrible rumor.

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 04:11 PM
JABEE

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHockey9 View Post
So TB is going to take on 13.928 million in cap space?
There would have to be a third team involved.

JABEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 04:13 PM
o Hamhuis 2 x

Quote:
John Wayne Gretzky said on the main board he heard on the 97.5 the Fanatic that the flyers will offer

Briere
Hartnell
Carle
1st

For

Stamkos
?

That deal wouldnt make sense... not a shot at John Wayne Gretzky but at the Fanatic
If that happens I would suspect Marty/Vinny/Hedman coming back too and another player from us maybe going the other way

o Hamhuis 2 x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 04:15 PM
Jester

Dumb.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 04:15 PM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

Quote:

Briere
Hartnell
Carle
1st

For

Stamkos
?

Danny and a first? No thank you.

hckyplayer8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 04:16 PM
Jumping

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post

WTF? Terrible rumor.
More importantly, where would Giroux live!

Jumping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 04:21 PM
John Wayne Gretzky

You didn't include the portion where I said I don't see why TB would take on 14 mil in cap esp another D man as they have 8 under contract as is. Don't shoot the messenger, I am just reporting what was said on a radio station in Philly. I would have done this before July 1, but you move those 2 forwards and bring back one, it leaves a pretty substanstial hole in our top 9 moving both of those guys, and we are now down a D man. Do this trade then sign Doughty to an offer sheet

John Wayne Gretzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post

WTF? Terrible rumor.
More importantly it would be $14.5m in actual salary for this year. So its not happening unless another big contract is coming to us.

Protest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wayne Gretzky View Post
You didn't include the portion where I said I don't see why TB would take on 14 mil in cap esp another D man as they have 8 under contract as is. Don't shoot the messenger, I am just reporting what was said on a radio station in Philly. I would have done this before July 1, but you move those 2 forwards and bring back one, it leaves a pretty substanstial hole in our top 9 moving both of those guys, and we are now down a D man. Do this trade then sign Doughty to an offer sheet
Lol Mark chill everyone's attacking the rumor.

JohnnyOnTheSpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 04:22 PM
JABEE

Quote:
Did you listen to it? Who was the host that reported it?

JABEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 04:27 PM
John Wayne Gretzky

Quote:
Originally Posted by JABEE View Post
Did you listen to it? Who was the host that reported it?
I was listening in work, I flipped to it after I saw someone else mention it, no idea who the host was, I'm not big on sports talk radio here in Philly because they are mostly idiots like Mike Missanelli.

John Wayne Gretzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 04:35 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 580
Quote:
Well IF they did that, we'd get substantially younger and we'd probably have over $5m left to spend on an additional free agent forward/defenseman/both. Or just use the prospects.

Although further dismantling of the team probably won't help the "win now" expectations anymore than they already have this offseason.

If we move Danny, Hartnell, and Carle...we'd free up a lot of money, and still keep all our great young core. Rolling our Schenn, Couturier, Giroux, JvR, Voracek, Simmonds and Stamkos for the next 10 years won't hurt. That leaves 5 forward positions, and Nodl gets one, plus Akeson, Read, Holmstrom, Sestito, Rinaldo, and Ranford are all knocking on the door...

Intriguing trade, I cringed less at that than any of the others in them..

sobrien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 04:45 PM
o Hamhuis 2 x

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
Well IF they did that, we'd get substantially younger and we'd probably have over $5m left to spend on an additional free agent forward/defenseman/both. Or just use the prospects.

Although further dismantling of the team probably won't help the "win now" expectations anymore than they already have this offseason.

If we move Danny, Hartnell, and Carle...we'd free up a lot of money, and still keep all our great young core. Rolling our Schenn, Couturier, Giroux, JvR, Voracek, Simmonds and Stamkos for the next 10 years won't hurt. That leaves 5 forward positions, and Nodl gets one, plus Akeson, Read, Holmstrom, Sestito, Rinaldo, and Ranford are all knocking on the door...

I would honestly do any trade for Stamkos if it doesn't involve Giroux, JvR, Couturier, and/or Schenn. I would like this trade if we get a Purcell or Downie back as well. Maybe we need to add another pick or something for them but still a good deal

Old
07-07-2011, 04:54 PM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:

I definitely cringe at that trade. Yes we'd be watching a young team grow and get better, which is cool except for when you're a goalie and a couple minor tweaks away from being the cup favorite.

Going from getting Bryz and being stoked about our chance to finally win, to trading our two best forwards, then trading our best playoff performer, a 50+ point power forward, and maybe our best passer from the blue line, and becoming a team that is several years behind where we were just a few weeks ago would be about as drastic a change as I've ever seen.

I wasn't really for trading Richards and Carter because with them and Bryz we'd have a great shot at a parade. Moving those 3 guys and replacing them with one superstar and rookies when we're already a young team would push us even further out of contention. I wouldn't be excited about being a better version of the Oilers or Islanders.

Protest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 05:17 PM
tuckrr

Briere
Hartnell
Carle
1st

For

Stamkos
?

i'd take that deal even if it literally came with a giant '?'

i think i would have heart palpatations actually...

Akeson-Roo-Stammer (roo makes akeson good...Stammer is amazing)
Reemer-Cout-Jagr (huge F**king line)
simmonds-Schenn-voracek (awesome 3rd line potential TBH)
Talbot-Betts-Tostito (tough guys)

-nodl

are you f**king kidding me?

tuckrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 05:18 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumping View Post
More importantly, where would Giroux live!
Giroux and Stamkos would probably get an apartment together in Old City.

Or maybe get a place in Sea Isle...

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 05:31 PM
Mota

The way this offseason has gone, a deal like that could be right on par.

Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 07:21 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post
I definitely cringe at that trade. Yes we'd be watching a young team grow and get better, which is cool except for when you're a goalie and a couple minor tweaks away from being the cup favorite.

Going from getting Bryz and being stoked about our chance to finally win, to trading our two best forwards, then trading our best playoff performer, a 50+ point power forward, and maybe our best passer from the blue line, and becoming a team that is several years behind where we were just a few weeks ago would be about as drastic a change as I've ever seen.

I wasn't really for trading Richards and Carter because with them and Bryz we'd have a great shot at a parade. Moving those 3 guys and replacing them with one superstar and rookies when we're already a young team would push us even further out of contention. I wouldn't be excited about being a better version of the Oilers or Islanders.
I agree, thats why i started that by saying that further dismantling of this team could be catastrophic for the immediate future. And I didn't say that I didn't cringe...it was just less cringe-worthy

I feel like having Jagr here, if healthy, can be a great asset, and we should make the most of it the one year that we have. But lets assume we move all those pieces for Stamkos AND Purcell.

JvR-Stamkos-Jagr
Voracek-Giroux-Purcell
Talbot-Schenn-Simmonds
Holmstrom-Betts-Nodl

Timonen-Coburn
Pronger-Gustafsson
Meszaros-Bartulis

Stamkos > Briere
Purcell > Hartnell
then we lose a 1st and Carle.

That's really not terrible at all. The only thing that troubled me making that lineup was separating Giroux and Stamkos, but I don't feel like Schenn should be launched into 2nd line duties to face Malkin, Krecji, Laich, etc. yet.

sobrien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 07:24 PM
ApeZilla

Send a message via AIM to ApeZilla
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckrr View Post

Tostito
like this pizza rolls?

ApeZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 07:40 PM
o Hamhuis 2 x

Quote:
I agree, thats why i started that by saying that further dismantling of this team could be catastrophic for the immediate future. And I didn't say that I didn't cringe...it was just less cringe-worthy

I feel like having Jagr here, if healthy, can be a great asset, and we should make the most of it the one year that we have. But lets assume we move all those pieces for Stamkos AND Purcell.

JvR-Stamkos-Jagr
Voracek-Giroux-Purcell
Talbot-Schenn-Simmonds
Holmstrom-Betts-Nodl

Timonen-Coburn
Pronger-Gustafsson
Meszaros-Bartulis

Stamkos > Briere
Purcell > Hartnell

That's really not terrible at all. The only thing that troubled me making that lineup was separating Giroux and Stamkos, but I don't feel like Schenn should be launched into 2nd line duties to face Malkin, Krecji, Laich, etc. yet.
If we had that team, I would absolutely go crazy with joy. Purcell is one of the most underrated playmakers in the league. Stamkos is probably the best sniper. Not to mention the fact that they're two of my favorite non-flyers in the league

Old
07-07-2011, 07:44 PM
mm6492

Quote:

Briere
Hartnell
Carle
1st

For

Stamkos
?

Briere, Hartnell, Carle, 1st (14)
for
Stamkos (9) and Malone (13.5)

I would figure it would have to be something like that. taking Malones deal would stink.

mm6492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 07:45 PM
mm6492

Quote:

JvR-Stamkos-Jagr
Voracek-Giroux-Purcell
Talbot-Schenn-Simmonds
Holmstrom-Betts-Nodl

Timonen-Coburn
Pronger-Gustafsson
Meszaros-Bartulis

Stamkos > Briere
Purcell > Hartnell

Yea, but we need someone to setup Stamkos on that line. It would be hard to do though.

Old
07-07-2011, 07:50 PM
o Hamhuis 2 x

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm6492 View Post
Yea, but we need someone to setup Stamkos on that line. It would be hard to do though.
Voracek is kind of a playmaker (kinda all around player) and Purcell is a playmaker. Just put JvR and Jagr with Roo and we'd be good to go

Old
07-07-2011, 07:53 PM
mm6492

Quote:
Originally Posted by o Hamhuis 2 x View Post
Voracek is kind of a playmaker (kinda all around player) and Purcell is a playmaker. Just put JvR and Jagr with Roo and we'd be good to go
Neither are close to what St. Louis is, and that is part of the reason he is so successful. Giroux is the closest we have, but when Briere is traded, he has to stay at wing.

Its just a strange situation.