HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Canucks talking to Cam Janssen

Old
07-07-2011, 07:45 PM
Mojo Risin*
Burrows #1 fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckLuck View Post
It's speculated to be a two-way contract. Not sure why you would be so upset with this. One of Vancouver's few weaknesses last year was that they didn't have the type of guys to enforce. Janssen is that player. If he plays 15 games and only 4/m game then I don't see why it would be such a big deal
Just venting my frustration at the fact that the team hasn't been improved at all this offseason, and Gillis keeps signing scrubs rather than going out and doing something that will make the team at least as good as it was last year. After the Sturm signing I just don't know what Gillis is thinking. And as for Janssen, I couldn't cheer for this guy even if he scored the cup clinching goal for us. I think he is a garbage player. The youtube vid posted above does a great job of illustrating that. We don't need scum like that, we need a hard nosed guy who can actually play hockey and maybe play on the 3rd line if he was needed. I'm not saying those guys are growing on trees, but I really don't think bringing in a guy like this does our team any good. There are certain guys I'll never cheer for, no matter what team they play on.

Mojo Risin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 07:51 PM
Towel-Power
GoCanucksGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blane Youngblood View Post
Is this irony.
At it's finest.

Bunch of hypocrites on here. I've seen these punks talk crap about anything and everything Vancouver much, much more than our fan base talking crap about other teams. It isn't even close.

Towel-Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 07:57 PM
NotAPuckBunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPHawksFan View Post
That's exactly why I said "perfect"...it's only going to make the Hawks/Canucks rivalry that much better if you get Janssen.

P.S...Don't forget about Carcillo.
Wow, almost forgot about Carcillo. If the Canucks sign Janssen and we meet the Hawks again in the playoffs next season, that would be a series to remember.

Well at least Janssen has character... I guess. I would rather have Torres back though, at least he can score.

NotAPuckBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 07:57 PM
SteenMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towel-Power View Post
At it's finest.

Bunch of hypocrites on here. I've seen these punks talk crap about anything and everything Vancouver much, much more than our fan base talking crap about other teams. It isn't even close.
No but the jealousy crap is blown out of proportion, the Oilers and Leafs get flamed to death because they too have 5 times as many people posting and re-posting threads and arguments that don't have purpose. Do you really think it's that people are jealous of teams with lottery picks... or maybe just the overwhelming number of fans showing up in every single thread with nothing new to say.

SteenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 07:59 PM
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club

vCash: 50
Guess with Torres gone, the Canucks need another cheap, head hunting waste of cap space.

I Hate Chris Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 08:00 PM
DayNah
Ship it donk!

Vancouver should have signed Konopka. Actually a lot of teams should have signed him.

DayNah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 08:08 PM
Fire Julien

vCash: 1340
How about those stupid faces he makes when he "fights", or shall I say, hugs and avoids punches ?

Fire Julien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 08:13 PM
crazyforhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
Just venting my frustration at the fact that the team hasn't been improved at all this offseason, and Gillis keeps signing scrubs rather than going out and doing something that will make the team at least as good as it was last year. After the Sturm signing I just don't know what Gillis is thinking. And as for Janssen, I couldn't cheer for this guy even if he scored the cup clinching goal for us. I think he is a garbage player. The youtube vid posted above does a great job of illustrating that. We don't need scum like that, we need a hard nosed guy who can actually play hockey and maybe play on the 3rd line if he was needed. I'm not saying those guys are growing on trees, but I really don't think bringing in a guy like this does our team any good. There are certain guys I'll never cheer for, no matter what team they play on.
here here donot want under circumstance

crazyforhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 08:17 PM
BrinkOfGreatness*

I've learned that Nuck fans have a few favourite words the past year

"Envy"
"Jealousy"
"Haterz"

BrinkOfGreatness* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 08:23 PM
ChemicalHansen

Send a message via Skype™ to ChemicalHansen
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrinkOfGreatness View Post
I've learned that Nuck fans have a few favourite words the past year

"Envy"
"Jealousy"
"Haterz"
Yes, because clearly a few "Nucks fans" speak for all of us.

I don't have a problem with the constant slights (it comes with the territory of being a playoff contender). What bothers me are blanket-statements like the one I quoted - just no basis for them whatsoever.

Last edited by ChemicalHansen: 07-07-2011 at 09:03 PM.
ChemicalHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 08:36 PM
Kagee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blane Youngblood View Post
Is this irony.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemicalHansen View Post

I don't have a problem with the constant slights (it comes with the territory of being a playoff contender). What bothers me is blanket-statements like the one I quoted - just no basis for them whatsoever.
Agreed, well back on topic, IF Janssen signs here, he'll probably provide one year of service, 50/50 NHL/AHL duties, and plays against teams that also has a enforcer or a dirty scoundrel player like Steve Ott etc.

Kagee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 08:44 PM
Moore Money

Don't do it Gillis!

Moore Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 08:45 PM
LazyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemicalHansen View Post

I don't have a problem with the constant slights (it comes with the territory of being a playoff contender). What bothers me is blanket-statements like the one I quoted - just no basis for them whatsoever.
If you look around you will actually see quite a few are...

LazyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 08:47 PM
Brewsky
King Of The Ice Mugs

Send a message via ICQ to Brewsky Send a message via AIM to Brewsky Send a message via MSN to Brewsky Send a message via Yahoo to Brewsky Send a message via Skype™ to Brewsky
Ahhhh Vancouver riots and Cam Janssen, it's like peanut butter and jam.

Brewsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 08:55 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Seguin View Post
How about those stupid faces he makes when he "fights", or shall I say, hugs and avoids punches ?
it's called strategy, man. hug until the other guy is completely worn out from trying to get separation and throwing punches at your helmet then right when the refs are about to pull you off of him start throwing like crazy.

anyway...not nearly the ****** Torres is. Then again, not nearly the hockey player.

Meh...someone for Hordi to wrassle with.

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 09:34 PM
Kass Effect

vCash: 358
I love how much people hate the Canucks. Jealousy towards how good they are and how their core is locked up is understandable: I've hated the Wings for the past decade.

BUT...what I like is the cheap stuff. The low hit by Marchand, the slash by Peverley on Bieksa, the Mcguinn hit on Rome (head-on-glass), Eager taunting Luongo after a goal, even Toews was trash-talking with how he'd "expose" Vancouver for the team they are... Vancouver recieves just as many cheap shots as other teams, yet they are the "dirty team"....well O.K. then

I loved seeing:
- Burrows pull Keith's hair - get a haircut, "Kimo"(UFC 08)
- Burrows bite Bergeron - get you're fingers outta his eyes then!
- Kesler chickenwing Weber - get your stick out of his midsection then....duh!
- Horton caught with his head down - If McGuinn or Chara makes that hit, no suspension
- Marleau think he could take the smaller Bieksa - his nick-name is "Boom Boom", do your homework, Patty. Love how it made Eager get mad and make himself look like an idiot.

Hate all you want, cuz I'm having fun with it. I feel like Megamind, booing along with the crowd while Metro Man was busy walking on water and showing off. "Booooooo........Boooooo"

Kass Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 09:42 PM
Razzler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagee View Post
yup, its pretty much the other 29 NHL teams fans - pure jealous/envy/hatred of whatever the Canucks do.
Not 100% of the other teams fans, it just seems to be the "in" thing to do these days, because we won the prez trophy, gone to the finals, but didn't win, people still pouring salt on our wounds.

meh, it is what it is, as sad as some haters can be.
You do realize that a lot of it is bought on us by our own fellow fans starting thread after thread of how we great we are and stuff. Thats where a lot of hate came from. Stop whining and lets deal with it.

Razzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 09:43 PM
CanuckLuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
No offense, but it's really frustrating trying to reason with fans that have this frame of mind.

If you look at the roster of the beginning of LAST season and you look at the roster right NOW, the current roster is a much improved Canucks team. Gillis has never been a free agent hunter and he's made that very clear. Why after one week of free agency fans are freaking out at the Canucks is simply mind-boggling.

Vancouver will most likely make a trade that involves a winger to play with Kesler and other than that you will see very little movement until the trade deadline where Gillis will once again add depth and size for the playoffs.

Don't take for granted what this team is right now. there are many organizations that would like to be int he position the Canucks are in.

CanuckLuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 09:54 PM
Kagee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzler View Post
You do realize that a lot of it is bought on us by our own fellow fans starting thread after thread of how we great we are and stuff. Thats where a lot of hate came from. Stop whining and lets deal with it.
I never brought it up, I'm just agreeing with the original poster who said that.

As I agree there is a lot of it in every Canuck thread on this main board, just look into EVERY SINGLE CANUCK SIGNING, and you'll see rude obnoxious posts about the team and the signing, or taking low blows to a new low.

If read my last post, I'm trying to steer this thread back to the original topic of Janssen potentially signing with the team, but alas this new topic of hating the Canucks has taken over the thread, derailing it till kingdom come, unless a mod steps in and takes control of the situation.

Until then, more and more posters will still want to talk about the hatred of the Canucks.

In all honesty though, the majority of the real Canuck fans are pretty level headed, and don't go off spewing about how awesome we are, if anything its the newbies coming in from cdc and other immature sites, and trolls stirring up trouble & the very few bad apples ruining it for every Canuck fan.

Kagee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 10:05 PM
CanuckLuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagee View Post
I never brought it up, I'm just agreeing with the original poster who said that.

As I agree there is a lot of it in every Canuck thread on this main board, just look into EVERY SINGLE CANUCK SIGNING, and you'll see rude obnoxious posts about the team and the signing, or taking low blows to a new low.

If read my last post, I'm trying to steer this thread back to the original topic of Janssen potentially signing with the team, but alas this new topic of hating the Canucks has taken over the thread, derailing it till kingdom come, unless a mod steps in and takes control of the situation.

Until then, more and more posters will still want to talk about the hatred of the Canucks.

In all honesty though, the majority of the real Canuck fans are pretty level headed, and don't go off spewing about how awesome we are, if anything its the newbies coming in from cdc and other immature sites, and trolls stirring up trouble & the very few bad apples ruining it for every Canuck fan.
This. The sheer number of fans on these boards that cheer for the Canadian teams have increased the probability that there will be more trolling, annoying posters. Add to the fact that Vancouver had an incredible year and you're going to have an added group of bandwagon/annoying fans join the Canuck board. It comes down to numbers and success. Vancouver is having both right now and as such we are labelled unfairly.

Why this simple concept is dismissed all the time is frustrating.

Old
07-07-2011, 10:05 PM
SteenMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towel-Power View Post
At it's finest.

Really you go into every single debate and look at which teams are getting the most trash talk... or do you read 90% Canucks threads and see the same level of bickering and slander as every other team with a big fan base?

Feel free to have something credible or worthwhile to say about Cam Janssen or 2-way deals for tough guys on the roster... no really actually contribute something. It won't hurt you to try.

Old
07-07-2011, 10:15 PM
CanuckLuck

I don't think there's any doubt Vancouver is the most hated team in the league. Doesn't need to be proven statistically or anything.

Simply put they are an easy team to hate with their relative success and all the agitating players on their roster.

Add to this a fanbase that has been left in relative obscurity that now has a very exciting team to look forward to will have a lot of Canuck fans quite boisterous.

Old
07-07-2011, 10:17 PM
MartyForVezina
Aspiring 1%er

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Hate Jay Feaster View Post
Guess with Torres gone, the Canucks need another cheap, head hunting waste of cap space.
Janssen is not a dirty player. Yea, he has had some bad hits here and there like every other player that plays his style of game. To label him cheap and a head hunter is just silly.

So sick of everyone getting their panties in a bunch over hard hits. Even most of Torress' (who I hate btw) hits were clean. Players need to start picking their heads up, or enjoy the concussion.

MartyForVezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 10:50 PM
SteenMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrael111 View Post
How is he at cleaning up shattered store fronts and putting out car fires?
The weird thing is he'd probably gladly be a volunteer fireman.

Old
07-08-2011, 12:02 AM
BrinkOfGreatness*

I hope they don't sign him.

What happened to Gillis and his whole "great character" mandate? He might be a nice guy away from the rink, but it's scary thinking about the eventual elbow or dirty hit he will throw at the rest of the NW

BrinkOfGreatness* is offline   Reply With Quote