HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Looking for a new stick!

Old
07-08-2011, 02:40 AM
MNWild9

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockies94 View Post
CCM U+ Crazy Light is what I'm getting soon.

Anyone know when Landeskog's curve will be availably? (I think he signed with CCM)
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Gabriel Landeskog and Sean Couturier will join Alexander Ovechkin as endorsers of CCM Hockey. I would laugh if Landeskog takes over Tavaras curve. I have no clue who Hopkins and Couturier will take over or if they will finally go to new curves for all of them cause I think they cut Tavaras from their roster.

MNWild9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 03:18 AM
superhakan
Gaudreauby Baker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNWild9 View Post
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Gabriel Landeskog and Sean Couturier will join Alexander Ovechkin as endorsers of CCM Hockey. I would laugh if Landeskog takes over Tavaras curve. I have no clue who Hopkins and Couturier will take over or if they will finally go to new curves for all of them cause I think they cut Tavaras from their roster.
They will just be wearing the gear, i dont expect them to get their own marketed curves.

superhakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 09:03 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I find it ridiculous that companies are using kids who have barely played in the NHL as their curve names. It used to be established star players, now it's rookies...

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 09:18 AM
AIREAYE

Quote:
Originally Posted by superhakan View Post
They will just be wearing the gear, i dont expect them to get their own marketed curves.
This. Just because they're signed by a company doesn't mean they get names on curves guys, come on now...

back on topic

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 01:39 PM
ponder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
I find it ridiculous that companies are using kids who have barely played in the NHL as their curve names. It used to be established star players, now it's rookies...
None of these guys are getting their own curves any time soon, and regardless, curves will be simply named after the most marketable players signed by the company, regardless of age.

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 01:44 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I know about those kids, but Duchene, Tavares, Hedman, and Hall all got curves right away. Granted it worked out with Crosby and Ovechkin, but I still kind of miss the days when it was Sakic, Forsberg, Lidstrom, Iginla...

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 01:53 PM
JustinYS

Alright so just a little comparison if you could help me once more. Which do you feel is a better stick: X:40\50 or the S13\S17?

JustinYS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 02:24 PM
AIREAYE

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinYS View Post
Alright so just a little comparison if you could help me once more. Which do you feel is a better stick: X:40\50 or the S13\S17?
X:40s imo are the best pricepoint stick on the market right now, and many members here will agree with me. The X:50 is a great value, especially if you can find it on closeout; the only main differenc ebetween it and the X:60 is that the X:60 uses a higher grade (TeXtreme) carbon weave.

Haven't heard much about the S13s, nothing special. Finding original S17s now would be difficult, depending on where you look. Any store that has 'new stock' S17s are likely to be slightly tweaked from the original release, probably not enough to notice large differences in performance.

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 07:41 PM
jwitz04

thoughts on the x:60 anyone??

jwitz04 is offline   Reply With Quote