HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Canucks talking to Cam Janssen

Old
07-08-2011, 12:15 AM
Hemi-Cuda

vCash: 50
with Burrows, Lapierre, and Torres, Janssen just might class the place up a bit

Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 12:19 AM
deckercky

vCash: 500
AV just wants to be able to test out the dreaded Janssen - Hansen - Jensen line. Bane of announcers everywher (particularly if they could get a cycle going).

deckercky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 12:20 AM
Aquiace
The Goggles!

One question: Whyyyyy?

Aquiace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 12:31 AM
oilers_guy_eddie
Craig's not on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winroba View Post
Canucks talking to Cam Janssen
Gillis: "Wassup?"

Janssen: "Nuthin, B. Watchin the game, havin a Bud. Wassup with you?"

Gillis: "Nuthin. Watching the game, havin a Bud."

Janssen: "True. True."

oilers_guy_eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 01:00 AM
MountainGoat

vCash:
I'd love to have him back on the devils if its a 2 way deal, really great guy

Old
07-08-2011, 01:53 AM
yankeeking

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckLuck View Post
I don't think there's any doubt Vancouver is the most hated team in the league. Doesn't need to be proven statistically or anything.

Simply put they are an easy team to hate with their relative success and all the agitating players on their roster.

Add to this a fanbase that has been left in relative obscurity that now has a very exciting team to look forward to will have a lot of Canuck fans quite boisterous.
your team has become the most hated because they dive at every oppt'y, no at more than every oppt'y and they are not even good at it, its like they do not realize that the game is being filmed, They might fool a ref here and there but the embarrassment of it is ridiculous and when they get pushed around like your Art ROSS winner did they they ***** out even when the guy is a midget, and then they cry and their ( you guys )fans cry about everyone is against us.......no one hates the hawks and they have a cup, no one hates the penguins and they have a cup and people are envious of the wings and their cups due to mega talent but the canuks are hated due to their own antics when they are so talented but they choose to embarrass themselves and the game and their oh so evident lack of balls when push comes to shove. All the way thru this thread i kept saying I wasn't going to get into this but again the lack of your fan base being honest with itself brought out more BS

yankeeking is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 02:03 AM
CASUAL KEV
Jack Adams™

Aww hell no!

CASUAL KEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 02:04 AM
raygunpk
WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrael111 View Post
How is he at cleaning up shattered store fronts and putting out car fires?
Just got off the phone with him, he said he's pretty good.

raygunpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 02:04 AM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeking View Post
your team has become the most hated because they dive at every oppt'y, no at more than every oppt'y and they are not even good at it, its like they do not realize that the game is being filmed, They might fool a ref here and there but the embarrassment of it is ridiculous and when they get pushed around like your Art ROSS winner did they they ***** out even when the guy is a midget, and then they cry and their ( you guys )fans cry about everyone is against us.......no one hates the hawks and they have a cup, no one hates the penguins and they have a cup and people are envious of the wings and their cups due to mega talent but the canuks are hated due to their own antics when they are so talented but they choose to embarrass themselves and the game and their oh so evident lack of balls when push comes to shove. All the way thru this thread i kept saying I wasn't going to get into this but again the lack of your fan base being honest with itself brought out more BS
Gotta agree with this. Vancouver not winning the cup was probably the best thing to ever happen to the NHL in many, many years. That team of disgrace shouldn't have been allowed to taint the Stanley Cup Final.

But I digress.

I hope the Canucks sign Janssen.

smackdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 02:42 AM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Gotta agree with this. Vancouver not winning the cup was probably the best thing to ever happen to the NHL in many, many years. That team of disgrace shouldn't have been allowed to taint the Stanley Cup Final.

But I digress.

Keep thinking that, in your little mind.

Lucbourdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 02:43 AM
BuzzBuzz

Quote:

But I digress.

A fan of the Oilers calling Canucks a disgrace? The same Oilers finished dead last two years in a row and was voted second least desirable city to play in by NHL players?

BuzzBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 02:51 AM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
Keep thinking that, in your little mind.
So you think the Canucks played some old-time hard-nosed hockey do you? That they played hard and honorable, and took it all in stride? One of the more valiant and noble teams the NHL has seen in years? (Is your text-voice in your head rising in crescendo as you read this?)

smackdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 02:53 AM
BacklundtoBartschi*

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers_guy_eddie View Post
Gillis: "Wassup?"

Janssen: "Nuthin, B. Watchin the game, havin a Bud. Wassup with you?"

Gillis: "Nuthin. Watching the game, havin a Bud."

Janssen: "True. True."

BacklundtoBartschi* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 02:57 AM
Angelus*
Smile Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzBuzz View Post
A fan of the Oilers calling Canucks a disgrace? The same Oilers finished dead last two years in a row and was voted second least desirable city to play in by NHL players?

Angelus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 02:59 AM
VinnyC
Rangers fan I SWEAR

Quote:
So you think the Canucks played some old-time hard-nosed hockey do you? That they played hard and honorable, and took it all in stride? One of the more valiant and noble teams the NHL has seen in years? (Is your text-voice in your head rising in crescendo as you read this?)
We all know the Bruins are a 100% good mannered team never hurt anyone.

I mean, as an Oilers fan it's okay to for you rag on the Canucks but to say that it would be an utter disgrace for a team to win the Cup? I mean, I wouldn't even say that about the '07 Ducks.

Huh-uh.

VinnyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 03:01 AM
BuzzBuzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelus View Post
LOL. This is just sad.

BuzzBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 03:04 AM
HockeyHooligans
PetranJello 4 Norris

You better scratch him against the Blues!

HockeyHooligans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 03:06 AM
Angelus*
Smile Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzBuzz View Post
LOL. This is just sad.
Still hurting?

Good.

Angelus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 03:12 AM
Canuckommunist

Quote:
Still hurting?

Good.
How's this for your last playoff appearance:

We can play that card too.

I don't want Janssen, I hope he price himself out and finds a one-way elsewhere.

Canuckommunist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 03:16 AM
VinnyC
Rangers fan I SWEAR

Quote:
Buzzbuzz will bring up a Mercer survey rating Riotville 2nd best place in the world to live...wait for it
Similarly, you're being no better than him by claiming a city is shaped by a single event. Meanwhile, hundreds of thousands of tourists are flowing in during summer time, real estate prices keep booming due to REAL demand for housing in the city and uh yeah, the city is constantly ranked as one of the best places to be.

Imagine if we called a city "riotville" whenever there was a riot, we'd have a couple of dozens of those down south.

EDIT: So to keep this thread from being de-railed completely by non-interested parties,

Hope Janssen isn't signed. We don't need full-time goonies in our 4th line.

Last edited by VinnyC: 07-08-2011 at 03:22 AM.
VinnyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 03:23 AM
Red

Why does every thread remotely related to the Canucks end up being derailed by the SAME 3-4 Oilers trolls? How does this keep happening? Disgusting.

I want nothing to do with Janssen. Stay away, Gillis.

Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 03:32 AM
LiquidSnake*
Agent of Chaos...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrinkOfGreatness View Post
I've learned that Nuck fans have a few favourite words the past year

"Envy"
"Jealousy"
"Haterz"
I've learned the favorite words of oilers:
"Few years"
"Draft Day"
"Gonna be"

LiquidSnake* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 03:35 AM
Kagee*

Quote:
your team has become the most hated because they dive at every oppt'y.

All the way thru this thread i kept saying I wasn't going to get into this but again the lack of your fan base being honest with itself brought out more BS
lol you still mad we knocked out your precious kings last year? lol

I don't know if you noticed it, but every team has players who exaggerate and play dirty, to get their team a powerplay.

Chicago was notorious for this when they won the cup, they did it all that year, smack talk, cheap shots, dirty plays, cry whine for every call, O'Brien comes back from getting his stitches sown up on his face, I think it was Bolland or Brouwer who suckered punched him real hard right on the stitches.

Point being, don't think every team in the NHL plays like angels, with their coach being the priest/pastor. Its a dirty ugly game out there, so I don't know what type of hockey you be watching in the playoffs, but its literally a war, win it all costs.
Boston was dirty too, they got away with a lot, because all they did was play extreme, so much so that the ref's couldn't even call all their cheap shots/dirty plays anymore, otherwise they'd be calling a penalty on them every 2 minutes.

Plus Yankeedude, you should know very well what diving is all about with Doughty out there & crying for every call. lol

Kagee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 03:45 AM
jigsaw99

arg no thanks.... we don't need another AV pet type of player that takes up spots of more talented prospects we have.

jigsaw99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 03:51 AM
CanuckLuck

Quote:
/rant

You sound ridiculous.

I already stated that I KNOW the Canucks are the most hated team in the league then you go on a rant about how I cry 'everyone is against us'. Really couldn't care less.

Canucks fans know our team. We love our team. And unfortunately for you, you'll be seeing a lot of them in the next few years.
'Canucks lack of balls' , 'Canucks dirty antics', 'Canucks this...', 'Canucks that'.
Really....who's the one crying here?

CanuckLuck is offline   Reply With Quote