HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Montreal signs Brian Willsie (1 year/two-way)

Old
07-07-2011, 01:11 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Nice addition for the Dogs, should be interesting to see what lines the Randy's use. They are likely going to need to improve the offense over last year, since it seems likely they won't be as strong in net and on the blueline.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 05:23 PM
muzion

Quote:
Originally Posted by giovannicanella View Post
Darche 2.0 Version Anglais, maybe better since he has a better shot

http://forecaster.thehockeynews.com/...layer.cgi?1422

ASSETS: Is a responsible two-way player with a great work ethic. Has shown a nose for the net, especially at the AHL level.
FLAWS: Still needs to add strength if he intends to raise his game to another level. Has a great shot but doesn't produce enough with it.
CAREER POTENTIAL: Journeyman depth forward.

Right handed shot too...watch him surprise a lot of people...
we so excited

muzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 05:32 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Call me stupid....but I always loved Willsie. While I might have to review my analysis one day like....real soon....I always thought this guy still was never able to show his potential. But as the years passed, clearly he's a case of a guy who can't put it together in the NHL and is just a great AHL'er....which is a GREAT trade for the Dogs and I'm glad for them and our prospects.

As far as his NHL career we WILLSIE!!! (I know, it's been done but I still had to do it). Not expecting anything but at worst, a great AHL player for the Dogs is good news.

Mark that date on a calendar....Whitesnake being happy for 2 movements in a row....probably never happened before... Mind you, both are not THAT big of a deal, but good news nonetheless. Let's go PG....you can still go on. There is room.....even with us though. Though looking at what he's doing right now, you do have that feeling he's done for the bigs....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 05:47 PM
NewHabsEra*

Willsie replace Russell, so we got Blunden for free.. nice!

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 08:24 AM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Not saying it's going to happen, because very likely it won't. But Willsie comes to us in a very similar situation as Darche did. A 33 year old player who was in the NHL semi-regularly, but has since been phased out back in an AHLer. So who knows, Willsie could come out of nowhere and be a valuable Bottom 6 guy.

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 08:34 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyBoyCoy View Post
Not saying it's going to happen, because very likely it won't. But Willsie comes to us in a very similar situation as Darche did. A 33 year old player who was in the NHL semi-regularly, but has since been phased out back in an AHLer. So who knows, Willsie could come out of nowhere and be a valuable Bottom 6 guy.
I think he was a pretty decent defensive player and penality killer, so I could see him come up and fill a similar role to Pyatt if needed during the season.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote