HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Lecavalier to Toronto???

Old
07-07-2011, 11:15 AM
therealkoho
Gary says it's A-OK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper View Post
Actually they are becoming more and more often if you have watched him in the past year.

And his contract isnt a problem so no problem to solve.

Thanks for your concern.
I've only played the game I've never had time to watch except from the bench between shifts

get real

therealkoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 11:26 AM
reza87

Isn't there a 25% salary roll back in the CBA coming up?
That would bring Lecavalier's salary down to a very manageable $5.78 Million.

With the cap going up the way it has been (average $5 million/annually) and the Leafs sucking the way they have been. I'd make this deal

reza87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 11:28 AM
IdealisticSniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealkoho View Post
I've only played the game I've never had time to watch except from the bench between shifts

get real
Ummm what?

IdealisticSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 01:19 PM
Sundinisagod
King Altelius

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
The difference between the Richards and Carter situation was that the Flyers were looking to trade them and Tampa is not looking to trade Vinny. As I said earlier, the only value to Vinny that matters is the value that Tampa has of him, not of what other teams have of him. The Flyers had to trade Carter and Richards at the market value because they were looking to trade them, but the Lightning won't trade Vinny for anything less than what they want because they don't have to or are looking to trade him.
How do you know it to be fact that Tampa is not looking to trade Vinny? How many Flyers fans knew that Richards would be traded? The same day they trade Carter no less...nobody saw that coming.

"The Flyers had to trade Carter and Richards at market value..." no they didn't even have to trade them at all, especially both of them...So you think Philly had to trade those two yet you seem to know that Tampa won't trade Vinny for anything less thant they want?

Sundinisagod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 01:24 PM
legendinblue
LEAFS SUCK

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealkoho View Post

get real
So you are an NHL player?

legendinblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 01:26 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Corbeau View Post
How do you know it to be fact that Tampa is not looking to trade Vinny? How many Flyers fans knew that Richards would be traded? The same day they trade Carter no less...nobody saw that coming.

"The Flyers had to trade Carter and Richards at market value..." no they didn't even have to trade them at all, especially both of them...So you think Philly had to trade those two yet you seem to know that Tampa won't trade Vinny for anything less thant they want?
To sign Bryzgalov, Jagr, and eventually Simmonds this season, JVR and Voracek next season, so yes they had to free up cap space to acquire the pieces that they acquired. Besides we heard a lot of rumblings involving Carter.

Have you heard anything about Vinny? No, and that is the point. If you have heard any rumors, more than likely he isn't being shopped. Richards is more of an exception than the rule, usually you will hear some rumblings before a deal happens. And with the rumblings that Stamkos is going to get locked up, I think that further supports my theory that Vinny isn't being shopped.

I can keep going on this as long as you want.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 01:30 PM
ThunderRoad

Quote:

Vinny isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Besides, Tampa is not in any cap space constraints. Maybe he is asked to waive his NMC sometime in the future, but have hard time seeing it happen.

And just to mention about his down numbers the past few seasons, injuries will do that to a guy, not to mention all the fiasco surrounding this team prior to Vinik/Yzerman arriving in town. He finally appears to be fully healthy and is newly motivated under Boucher.

ThunderRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 01:42 PM
Sundinisagod
King Altelius

Quote:
To sign Bryzgalov, Jagr, and eventually Simmonds this season, JVR and Voracek next season, so yes they had to free up cap space to acquire the pieces that they acquired. Besides we heard a lot of rumblings involving Carter.

Have you heard anything about Vinny? No, and that is the point. If you have heard any rumors, more than likely he isn't being shopped. Richards is more of an exception than the rule, usually you will hear some rumblings before a deal happens. And with the rumblings that Stamkos is going to get locked up, I think that further supports my theory that Vinny isn't being shopped.

I can keep going on this as long as you want.
They could have traded Carter and signed Bryz...there was no gun to their head to dump Richards so that players like Jagr could be signed.

Did you hear the rumours of Phaneuf being traded to Toronto? No, and that is the point. The rumours are not always there.

Rumblings of Stamkos being locked up hardly supports anything, one way or another.

You can keep going but I'd like to see a valid point eventually.

Old
07-07-2011, 01:47 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
They could have traded Carter and signed Bryz...there was no gun to their head to dump Richards so that players like Jagr could be signed.

Did you hear the rumours of Phaneuf being traded to Toronto? No, and that is the point. The rumours are not always there.

Rumblings of Stamkos being locked up hardly supports anything, one way or another.

You can keep going but I'd like to see a valid point eventually.
I don't see where your valid point is or was.

Valid Point:
For the Flyers to have performed the off-season that they did they had to have traded Carter and Richards. The trades also give them more flexibility to make a deadline deal and re-sign JVR next season.

Considering that a lot of other people agreed with my assessment that Vinny is not on the market and it would take an overpayment to acquire him, I don't see why you are trolling me and what your point is.

Shall we continue Bert...

Old
07-07-2011, 01:52 PM
Brozak
i scoreded a goal

Honestly, I think Tampa Bay would seriously consider dumping Lecavalier in order to sign Stamkos.

The price for him may not be as much as you may think.

Brozak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 01:53 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KONOHA View Post
Honestly, I think Tampa Bay would seriously consider dumping Lecavalier in order to sign Stamkos.

They don't have to cut salary to sign Stamkos, therefore Vinny would not be at a discount.

Old
07-07-2011, 01:54 PM
Schennanigans
HFBoards Sponsor

I wouldn't want Vinny for free. Not even if they took Komisarek.

Schennanigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 01:54 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KONOHA View Post

Tampa doesn't have to cut salary to sign Stamkos, therefore Vinny would not be at a discount.

Sorry for the double post

Old
07-07-2011, 02:03 PM
RogerRoeper*

No thanks. Vinny is not worth that ridiculous salary.

RogerRoeper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 02:03 PM
Simcoe23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schennanigans View Post
I wouldn't want Vinny for free. Not even if they took Komisarek.
Whats wrong with Vincent LeCavalier?

Simcoe23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 02:07 PM
Schennanigans
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simcoe23 View Post
His cap hit for 10 years is disgusting.

Schennanigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 02:08 PM
Liferleafer
Golf....again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simcoe23 View Post
His contract....that's whats wrong.

Liferleafer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 02:11 PM
Imaslowlearner

Bang on !

Quote:
I find threads with the Leafs involved to be very comical because they are all the same.

1. Ask for a top player on a team and offer pieces that the other team doesn't want

2. Bicker that their players are worth more and the player that they are targeting isn't worth as much or isn't as good as they are.

3. Get in dumb arguments that eventually no one knows what they are arguing about.

Did I leave anything out?

Couldn't have said it better myself.

If Lecavalier has 3 or 4 great years left, and was to be either on the Leafs or Bolts for a best shot at a Cup run, no doubt in my mind he should stay put. I only give the Habs a marginally better shot than the Leafs for those who propose he be moved to Montreal.

Imaslowlearner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 04:23 PM
Sundinisagod
King Altelius

Quote:
I don't see where your valid point is or was.

Valid Point:
For the Flyers to have performed the off-season that they did they had to have traded Carter and Richards. The trades also give them more flexibility to make a deadline deal and re-sign JVR next season.

Considering that a lot of other people agreed with my assessment that Vinny is not on the market and it would take an overpayment to acquire him, I don't see why you are trolling me and what your point is.

Shall we continue Bert...
No need to go on...you have convinced me on the following points:

1) Tampa has no desire or reason to trade Vinny and are content with his 7.37 million cap hit until he is 40.

2) If they were to trade him his price would be greater than that of Richards or Carter.

3) Leaf fans are clearly the ones over-valueing their players.

Old
07-07-2011, 05:00 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
No need to go on...you have convinced me on the following points:

1) Tampa has no desire or reason to trade Vinny and are content with his 7.37 million cap hit until he is 40.

2) If they were to trade him his price would be greater than that of Richards or Carter.

3) Leaf fans are clearly the ones over-valueing their players.
Well I can sense the immense amount of sarcasm in this post, but a win is a win. We should do this again sometime, it was fun.

Old
07-07-2011, 05:54 PM
broc

Lol, it would take an overpayment to acquire Lecavalier. Thats true, 2 or 3 years ago. I bet if/when he gets traded, it will be similar return as what NYR got for Gomez- at BEST.

broc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 05:55 PM
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User

Do the Leafs want Dominic Moore too? Thompson?

TAKE ALL OUR CENTERS

Doctor Drej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 06:00 PM
Sundinisagod
King Altelius

Quote:
Originally Posted by broc View Post
Lol, it would take an overpayment to acquire Lecavalier. Thats true, 2 or 3 years ago. I bet if/when he gets traded, it will be similar return as what NYR got for Gomez- at BEST.
Yeah but a lot of people agreed with his "assessment"

Old
07-07-2011, 06:49 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

The point is Vinny won't be traded.

Old
07-08-2011, 08:49 AM
therealkoho
Gary says it's A-OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper View Post
Ummm what?
just replying to the lamest retort thats consistently made on this site, the old "you never saw him play" gambit I will give you kudos though for your new twist on that old chestnut with the

if you have watched him in the past year

please!....... save that bull-puckey for the 13 year olds

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0Leaf fan0o View Post
So you are an NHL player?
Serious question, are you often stuck for an answer when people say hello?

therealkoho is offline   Reply With Quote