HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

ALL JERSEY TALK HERE - Who cares if it's real or fake? (Cont'd)

Closed Thread

Old
07-06-2011, 08:03 AM
PuckBoy33

vCash: 500
new season; new changes: the 2011 Edge jersey

Looks like the vector on the neck will be replaced with the REEBOK word mark:

http://www.ea.com/nhl/videos/nhl-12-cover-athlete-video

Note the gray panels on the Flyers home and road jersey; also black piping shoulder accents.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Stam_54_656x369.jpg‎ (50.3 KB, 33 views)
File Type: bmp flyers2011.bmp‎ (756.1 KB, 47 views)

Old
07-06-2011, 07:27 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post
"i heard from a season ticket holder that all the moves holmgren made was just to sell new jerseys also. its all about movin product"

Would you have us believe Mr. Snider would allow Homer to make personnel moves purely to move merchandise?... If there were the case he would merely have them become Canucks East and change jersey styles every now and now.

Snider is all about winning the third Cup and IMO he would give no audience to any such suggestion.
DUH..

Old
07-06-2011, 09:12 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
DUH..

You got me... with no emoticon I thought you lost your mind and believed that.

...Watch you back, Dude... I totally owe you one.

Old
07-07-2011, 08:56 AM
PuckBoy33

Richards against his old team, sporting the wordmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckBoy33 View Post

Note the gray panels on the Flyers home and road jersey; also black piping shoulder accents.
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5073/...cffdbe28_o.png

Old
07-07-2011, 11:02 AM
Hollywood Couturier

why you heff to be mad?

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
07-07-2011, 11:37 AM
PuckBoy33

clarification

Not mad about dumping "Old City" boy; mad about Rbk changing the jersey.

Old
07-07-2011, 02:20 PM
flountown

Quote:
Not mad about dumping "Old City" boy; mad about Rbk changing the jersey.
I don't see any gray panels, I think that is just shadows in the game.

Old
07-07-2011, 02:49 PM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

Unless I'm missing something really obvious...that's the wrong Richards. Lol.

Old
07-07-2011, 03:26 PM
sg12lw

hey guys little help needed

I've read (mostly on icejerseys forums) that the edge 1.0s are not very durable and are very prone to rips and thread pulls

Is this true? I wanted to pick up an edge from RCS but I'm afraid that it wont last very long. I want to get a real authentic jersey but i cant afford to pay over 300 bucks....nor can i afford to pay 150 if the jersey wont last long.

Any input is greatly appreciated

Side Note: Just picked up a Meszaros road jersey off coolhockey for 128....i know they aren't the best and its a premier, but 128 is a good deal if you ask me.....until homer trades him that is

Old
07-07-2011, 04:25 PM
flountown

The 1.0's do get pulls easier, but they are still fairly durable, more so than a Premier I would think. You could just wait until the 2.0's come out next year.

Old
07-08-2011, 09:06 AM
PuckBoy33

Last year's Edge 2.0s from Meigray are now "vintage":

Quote:

Uni Watch News Ticker: Yesterday I mentioned that it looked like the Reebok logo creep on NHL jerseys was changing from the vector to the wordmark. That is now confirmed. That shot is from yesterday’s press conference introducing new Avalanche goalie Semyon Varlamov.

http://www.uni-watch.com/

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5080/...8ddfbc4b_o.jpg

Old
07-08-2011, 09:09 AM
PuckBoy33

first name: Reebok

Quote:
Uni Watch News Ticker: Yesterday I mentioned that it looked like the Reebok logo creep on NHL jerseys was changing from the vector to the wordmark. That is now confirmed. That shot is from yesterday’s press conference introducing new Avalanche goalie Semyon Varlamov.

http://www.uni-watch.com/

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5080/...8ddfbc4b_o.jpg
Looks ******. Now every player looks like their first name is "Reebok"-- Flash forward to 2025. Commentary heard during 2025 Winter Classic broadcast: "Remember that forward in Philly...he was a short guy...You mean "Reebok Briere"? Never heard of him."

Old
07-08-2011, 09:17 AM
alx83*

Quote:
Looks ******. Now every player looks like their first name is "Reebok"-- Flash forward to 2025. Commentary heard during 2025 Winter Classic broadcast: "Remember that forward in Philly...he was a short guy...You mean "Reebok Briere"? Never heard of him."
Yeah. Just like Ccm Lydman or Koho Straka.

Old
07-08-2011, 09:18 AM
Hollywood Couturier

I like that more then the logo itself that they've used...

Old
07-08-2011, 10:46 AM
John Wayne Gretzky

Quote:
Originally Posted by flountown View Post
You can solve this by heading to a Marshalls/TJ Maxx/Boscov's that are clearancing replica Premiers in the 15-30 dollar range, then drop it off at a Skate Zone where they will send it out to be properly customized by the same company that does the on-ice jerseys...

I have those, and the skatezone were using the kits for a while, they just recently started doing them correctly. I still need an Orange Carter replica for cheap if anyone has one. And John, on the topic of the markup, the NHL site sells them for just as much with those garbage numbers. and the knockoffs do not smell like fish sir, but 8 year olds are likely making them (and doing a bang up job I might add!)

Old
07-08-2011, 11:51 AM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wayne Gretzky View Post
I have those, and the skatezone were using the kits for a while, they just recently started doing them correctly. I still need an Orange Carter replica for cheap if anyone has one. And John, on the topic of the markup, the NHL site sells them for just as much with those garbage numbers. and the knockoffs do not smell like fish sir, but 8 year olds are likely making them (and doing a bang up job I might add!)
SZ only does the new unis correctly, not the old ones. Wrong sleeve numbers and wrong nameplate material. Lol come on dude official sellers of their own crap always charge ridiculous prices. MSRP is around $150-180, I know this from speaking with people who are in charge of purchasing them. And fresh from China ones certainly do, the ones in the stale flea market air were usually cleansed by gypsy potions.

Old
07-08-2011, 12:03 PM
John Wayne Gretzky

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOnTheSpot View Post
SZ only does the new unis correctly, not the old ones. Wrong sleeve numbers and wrong nameplate material. Lol come on dude official sellers of their own crap always charge ridiculous prices. MSRP is around $150-180, I know this from speaking with people who are in charge of purchasing them. And fresh from China ones certainly do, the ones in the stale flea market air were usually cleansed by gypsy potions.
Those gypsys do have wonderful potions.

Old
07-08-2011, 01:18 PM
PuckBoy33

DIY fix to update your jersey

Buy some orange or white (depending on what jersey you are modifying) felt from AC Moore store. Also buy the computer iron-on transfer paper from Staples or Office Depot (the clear kind). Go to your computer and in Word type "reebok" in arial bold. Print onto transfer paper. Position on felt and iron on wordmark. Cut out felt to patch size and then sew patch over the vector logo.

Old
07-08-2011, 02:47 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Quote:
Buy some orange or white (depending on what jersey you are modifying) felt from AC Moore store. Also buy the computer iron-on transfer paper from Staples or Office Depot (the clear kind). Go to your computer and in Word type "reebok" in arial bold. Print onto transfer paper. Position on felt and iron on wordmark. Cut out felt to patch size and then sew patch over the vector logo.
Who is that anal?

Old
07-09-2011, 08:26 AM
cbenn314

This skatezone place do mail order?

Need to remove the nameplate and the #1 on my Richards jersey and add a 2 and Giroux!

Old
07-09-2011, 11:19 AM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbenn314 View Post
This skatezone place do mail order?

Need to remove the nameplate and the #1 on my Richards jersey and add a 2 and Giroux!
Just a guess but I'd think that the alignment of the numbering would be thrown off with merely replacing the number one with the number two... The numbers have different widths and the centering would the be off as it would go further to he left. I'd guess that all the customization -- both on the back as well as he sleeves -- would have to be removed and re-sewn.

I know SkateZone will not work on heat pressed removal, so only bring it to them if is sewn on... As for mail orders; they have no Internet order set up that I am aware of and I suggest you call them to see if you can ship it to them and they can ship it back... which my guess is that they would handle that in that manner. I have always dropped off and picked up.

HTH

Old
07-10-2011, 11:14 AM
flountown

Quote:
Just a guess but I'd think that the alignment of the numbering would be thrown off with merely replacing the number one with the number two... The numbers have different widths and the centering would the be off as it would go further to he left. I'd guess that all the customization -- both on the back as well as he sleeves -- would have to be removed and re-sewn.

I know SkateZone will not work on heat pressed removal, so only bring it to them if is sewn on... As for mail orders; they have no Internet order set up that I am aware of and I suggest you call them to see if you can ship it to them and they can ship it back... which my guess is that they would handle that in that manner. I have always dropped off and picked up.

HTH
As long as the company did it properly originally, it will be offline a bit. Maybe you were unlucky, now lucky, that they centered the number gap instead of the numbers as a whole...

Old
07-10-2011, 10:44 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
As long as the company did it properly originally, it will be offline a bit. Maybe you were unlucky, now lucky, that they centered the number gap instead of the numbers as a whole...
Wait, what?... I was commenting on the post about changing the Richards jersey to a Giroux jersey and stated that my belief was that you could not merely replace the number 'one' with a number 'two'... I have never had any such number change done on any of my jerseys and I was only speculating based on what I believe to be the logical result.

Sorry if I worded that in a misleading manner.

Frankly your response I quoted above confuses me.

Old
07-10-2011, 11:08 PM
flountown

Quote:
Wait, what?... I was commenting on the post about changing the Richards jersey to a Giroux jersey and stated that my belief was that you could not merely replace the number 'one' with a number 'two'... I have never had any such number change done on any of my jerseys and I was only speculating based on what I believe to be the logical result.

Sorry if I worded that in a misleading manner.

Frankly your response I quoted above confuses me.
Yeah, I was reiterating that, it was kind of a useless post, I just said if it was customized incorrectly to begin with, he may still have a shot...but I doubt that.

Old
07-10-2011, 11:44 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Yeah, I was reiterating that, it was kind of a useless post, I just said if it was customized incorrectly to begin with, he may still have a shot...but I doubt that.
I'm now feeling dumb... I assumed since you quoted me that you were answering me... now upon further reflecting -- after reading your response -- it is now clear as glass... I should have not assumed.

Closed Thread