HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Campoli Wants Close To $3 Million Per, Frolik Wants Wants Close To $2.5 Million Per

Old
07-08-2011, 03:51 AM
Hawksfan2828

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
Full story by Jesse Rogers here:

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/blac...llenging-again

That's a little too much for Frolik and a lot too much for Campoli.
Frolik isn't arbitration eligible so he can ask for whatever he wants, doesn't mean he will get it. I'm sure he wants a 3-year contract as well. He has more to prove before he gets his 2.5-3 contract.

Whats he going to do? holdout? He really can't bargain, hes been extended his QO..

IMO, Campoli will get 2.25-2.50 at arbitration.

Hawksfan2828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 05:33 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorofTime View Post
Well someone can always get traded. Regardless, any chance the Hawks let Campoli go and roll a 6 man D group of Keith, Seabrook, Hjalmarsson, Leddy, Montador, and O'Donnell. Both Montador and O'Donnell seem to be solid bottom pair type defensemen. They don't need to necessarily play together as you can do something like Keith-Montador, Seabrook-Hjalmarsson, Leddy-O'Donnell. I guess Scott would be your 7th D Man if you don't sign some cheap veteran.

I still hope that Campoli will be traded and we sign Sopel. I'm OK with OD and Sopel as #6/#7 DMen

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 05:59 AM
Spectra
Registered boozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
I still hope that Campoli will be traded and we sign Sopel. I'm OK with OD and Sopel as #6/#7 DMen
Wow, that's a lot of faith to put into sophmore Leddy, hoping he'll basically replace Campbell. We go from 3 pmd + Leddy to Keith + hopefully Leddy.

For a team supposedely competing for a Cup, there are already A LOT OF "ifs"...

Spectra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 06:39 AM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectra View Post
Wow, that's a lot of faith to put into sophmore Leddy, hoping he'll basically replace Campbell. We go from 3 pmd + Leddy to Keith + hopefully Leddy.

This team appears to be built as a playoff contender as opposed to Cup contender thus far.

Marotte Marauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 07:10 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectra View Post

I don't see Campoli as good PMD. If we need him to replace Campbell than we will have problems. I believe in Leddy from my POV, Leddy is better (or better said will be better within the next year)

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 08:25 AM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
I like Campoli but Bowman can't blink on this one, take the chance with the arbitrator and go from there. Work on trades for a better D, this team has too much space.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 09:07 AM
Central PA Hawk Fan

Quote:
LOL that is a horrible idea.

Central PA Hawk Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 09:25 AM
Sleight Of Hand
Mean Streets

I think we have enough pylons signed to not need Sopel. I know he was great at blocking shots and all. But would you pair him with?

Sleight Of Hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 09:41 AM
Central PA Hawk Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanny View Post
I think we have enough pylons signed to not need Sopel. I know he was great at blocking shots and all. But would you pair him with?
Sopel was on his last leg 2 years ago, why anyone would want to even see him set foot on the ice is beyond my comprehension. Time to put Sopel out to pasture, he's done. He's not physical but he's slow! Also, his social security checks might not clear if the gov't finds out he's getting income.

Central PA Hawk Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 10:27 AM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Central PA Hawk Fan View Post
Sopel was on his last leg 2 years ago, why anyone would want to even see him set foot on the ice is beyond my comprehension. Time to put Sopel out to pasture, he's done. He's not physical but he's slow! Also, his social security checks might not clear if the gov't finds out he's getting income.

He's the softest 215lb dman I know of. And he's brutally slow. he served his purpose for the hawks already.

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 11:09 AM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
If we had traded for M. Richards or signed B. Richards, then yeah, put O'Donnell on the 3rd pairing and sign Sopel for #7. Anything less, nopel.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 11:13 AM
Illinihockey

Campoli isn't going anywhere. Unless he gets some silly award like $5 mil, there is no reason not to sign him on a 1 year deal.

Illinihockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 12:17 PM
Hawkaholic

Wayne Simmonds got 1.75mil
Jakub Voracek got 2.25mil
Sergei Kostitsyn got 2.5mil
Mike Santorelli got 1.6mil
Troy Brouwer got 2.35mil

There is no way in hell Frolik should get 2.5mil. If it's a one year deal, it should be closer to 2mil, if it's a 3 year deal, it should be 2.3 or so. Anything more than that would be a bad signing. I don't care what kind of playoff Frolik had. If he didn't have a good few games in the playoffs, people would be hoping for a signing between 1.5 and 1.8...that's what he should get.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 12:21 PM
Sleight Of Hand
Mean Streets

I am one of the few on here that could care less if Frolik is back. I did nothing but curse him during the regular season nearly every shift. A couple playoff games does not make me love him any more.

Old
07-08-2011, 12:22 PM
Blue Liner

Quote:
I don't see Campoli as good PMD. If we need him to replace Campbell than we will have problems. I believe in Leddy from my POV, Leddy is better (or better said will be better within the next year)
He definitely is a good PMD and while I don't think he's a complete make-or-break for this team, I think they really could use him, especially if it ends up just being a one year arbitration deal. Give Leddy this year to develop some more without having all the added pressure of having to feel like he has to do more than he's capable of or comfortable with and having to take too much a step forward faster thane he actually can. Campoli's a great fit on this d-core this season and considering it'd be a one year deal and you have the cap space as long as it's not some gross overpayment, go ahead and overpay a little for the guy. I think it'd be worthwhile to do. Sopel was a nice guy for this team and did a good job in the Cup year but if O'Donnell and Sopel are your bottom pairing D I think you're in a little bit of trouble.

Blue Liner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 12:23 PM
Jeffrey Lebowski
Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Quote:
I am one of the few on here that could care less if Frolik is back. I did nothing but curse him during the regular season nearly every shift. A couple playoff games does not make me love him any more.
Unless you were cursing "SHOOT THE PUCK" or "GET A GOAL" or something along those lines... there wasn't really a reason to curse him. He didn't do great, but he also didn't do bad. If anything, that's why we should re-sign him... see if he can live up to his potential here.

Jeffrey Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 12:26 PM
LandofLincoln

Campoli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Campoli isn't going anywhere. Unless he gets some silly award like $5 mil, there is no reason not to sign him on a 1 year deal.
Exactly. Even if he came in at 3.1 million who cares 1 year deal a good guy to have on the roster. The arbiter probably has a range of pay for guys between 5-6 pairing.

The only thing that could inflate his 1 year deal is if they rate him as a #4 D-man. A #4 guy may get 2.5 -3.25 million. 5-6 guys 1.5-2.5 million. And a 7th guy is almost always under 1 million.

Regardless I like him, and he would be a nice piece to package in a trade. We gave up a 2nd round pick, and I think he proved he was worth it. Worst case scenario sign him and get a 3rd rounder in a trade or move him at the deadline. He could fit in on almost any NHL roster.

LandofLincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 12:35 PM
BBSeabs27
#freeseabs

Salary Arb Dates are out: Stalberg Jul 20 & Campoli Aug 3 #Blackhawks via @NHLPA *******/q7Ydd1 #NHLPA

BBSeabs27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 01:05 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
I'm with you, I didn't really curse him, but he didn't exactly stand out either. If he is signed to a reasonable contract (2.25 or less- 2-3 yr term) I will be happy. If they give him 2.5 long or short term, i'll wonder wtf they are thinking.

He's better than what's left on the market, but we shouldn't be giving into his demands when he has no leverage what so ever.

Old
07-08-2011, 01:10 PM
Sleight Of Hand
Mean Streets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Lebowski View Post
Unless you were cursing "SHOOT THE PUCK" or "GET A GOAL" or something along those lines... there wasn't really a reason to curse him. He didn't do great, but he also didn't do bad. If anything, that's why we should re-sign him... see if he can live up to his potential here.
Funny thing was it was the 'shoot the puck' one that frustrated me the most. Then I saw his shot and understood why he didn't

Old
07-08-2011, 01:29 PM
MadHouse

Campoli had 21 pts in 28 games with Chicago, if I remember correct. That's a keeper in my eyes, a 3m one year deal aint hurting.

MadHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 01:46 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadHouse View Post
Campoli had 21 pts in 28 games with Chicago, if I remember correct. That's a keeper in my eyes, a 3m one year deal aint hurting.

He had 7pts in 19games..for his career high 21pts in a season.

Old
07-08-2011, 01:58 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post

I actually think Campoli's career high is 34 points.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 02:00 PM
MadHouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post

Ah, perhaps I should read more closley next time. Thought it sounded abit high.

Anyway, I like him and hope he gets to stay.

MadHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 02:02 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBSeabs27 View Post
Salary Arb Dates are out: Stalberg Jul 20 & Campoli Aug 3 #Blackhawks via @NHLPA *******/q7Ydd1 #NHLPA
The real question is, how does this effect the Olesz buyout period?

Illinihockey is offline   Reply With Quote