HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Salary Arbitration (Callahan on July 28, Dubinsky signs before hearing)

Closed Thread

Old
07-08-2011, 04:06 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Healthy Scratch View Post
Thanks Gross for information that everyone in the world could have figured out. Does he ever put out anything useful or new?
Yes, it would be much better if no one said anything at all about the situation, right?

I was hoping they'd announce a deal today, so that nothing is imminent is news to me.

It's just pain.
Old
07-08-2011, 04:17 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Thanks Gross for information that everyone in the world could have figured out. Does he ever put out anything useful or new?
What are you saying??? The fact that a reporter is saying the talks are continuing with Boyle give good reason to say a deal could be reached in the next few days. I'd rather hear that than not hear anything at all. Sometimes when there is nothing to report, you have to report something on your own. It's the guys job.

Old
07-08-2011, 04:27 PM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
What are you saying??? The fact that a reporter is saying the talks are continuing with Boyle give good reason to say a deal could be reached in the next few days. I'd rather hear that than not hear anything at all. Sometimes when there is nothing to report, you have to report something on your own. It's the guys job.
Well if there was no talks between the player and team then i could understand reporting it, but obviously there are talks between the remaining 3 players and the team...its useless info because everyone here knows they are talking about a contract.

Old
07-08-2011, 04:31 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Well if there was no talks between the player and team then i could understand reporting it, but obviously there are talks between the remaining 3 players and the team...its useless info because everyone here knows they are talking about a contract.
I'd still rather hear that they are talking than not hear anything at all. Does it really pain you that much to see Gross say that. Just don't read/follow him then...

Old
07-08-2011, 04:39 PM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

Quote:
I'd still rather hear that they are talking than not hear anything at all. Does it really pain you that much to see Gross say that. Just don't read/follow him then...
I guess. Just bored and needed something to complain about :/

Old
07-08-2011, 04:44 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
I guess. Just bored and needed something to complain about :/
I here ya

Old
07-08-2011, 04:55 PM
Ruotsalainen29
Zhoo-Zhitsu!

If anyone wants a "laff" go to the Toronto board and read the Dubinsky thread. Is there a more delusional board on HF? LOL

Old
07-08-2011, 04:55 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruotsalainen29 View Post
If anyone wants a "laff" go to the Toronto board and read the Dubinsky thread. Is there a more delusional board on HF? LOL
I'm too lazy to go over there, nor do I want to enter retard territory. What are they doing? Overrating him? Underrating him? ...

Old
07-08-2011, 04:59 PM
Ruotsalainen29
Zhoo-Zhitsu!

Quote:
I'm too lazy to go over there, nor do I want to enter retard territory. What are they doing? Overrating him? Underrating him? ...
They have a thread campaigning for them to get Dubi because we apparently can't afford him. Their proposals are shaky at best. It's more than the proposals though. It's some of the posters overall comparison of the Leafs and Rangers which is mind boggling.

Old
07-08-2011, 05:00 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
They have a thread campaigning for them to get Dubi because we apparently can't afford him. Their proposals are shaky at best. It's more than the proposals though. It's some of the posters overall comparison of the Leafs and Rangers which is mind boggling.
I hope Leafs fans are reading this and seeing how retarded they are.

Old
07-08-2011, 05:08 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Oh god, I couldn't resist. I went in there and ripped them a new brain.

Old
07-08-2011, 05:10 PM
truebluegoalie

Boyle had a good year, maybe a breakout year, but I'm not sold on him putting up anywhere near those types of points every year.

Old
07-08-2011, 05:12 PM
Ruotsalainen29
Zhoo-Zhitsu!

Quote:
Oh god, I couldn't resist. I went in there and ripped them a new brain.
LOL! I won't get involved in any sort of discussion either. It's just amazing that some fans actually believe and write that tripe.

I know it's not all of them, but reading that board makes my head hurt.

Old
07-08-2011, 05:14 PM
truebluegoalie

Quote:

Haven't even made it past the first post which said:

"they need more D."

????

We have a solid top 4 and are pretty deep with prospects aren't we?

Old
07-08-2011, 05:16 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Why are you so damn negative about everything? Man alive.

Old
07-08-2011, 05:17 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by truebluegoalie View Post
Haven't even made it past the first post which said:

"they need more D."

????

We have a solid top 4 and are pretty deep with prospects aren't we?
LOL and we also "can't afford Dubinsky because we have to re-sign Callahan and Boyle" What do they think, Boyle's getting 5 mil per?...

One guy also said, that our D was definitely not top 5 in the league but we managed to be in the top half of the league. http://www.nhl.com/ice/teamstats.htm...ewName=summary This page begs to differ... And our oldest D man was 27

Old
07-08-2011, 05:29 PM
gluvhand

In all fairness it was only a couple of guys talking out of their hats. Honest fair analysis for the most part. It was no worse than what I see here on a regular basis.

Old
07-08-2011, 05:29 PM
bluebrew81

vCash: 50
I thinks its amusing actually, I was the one arguing that the rangers D (defenseman) is underrated in that thread. I specifically made the point that Biron put up similar numbers to Lundqvist and that the Rangers D was actually good but not a top 5 unit in the league. The team defense is great, but its a function of both Lundqvist and a good(but not great) defensive unit.

Old
07-08-2011, 05:42 PM
gluvhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebrew81 View Post
I thinks its amusing actually, I was the one arguing that the rangers D (defenseman) is underrated in that thread. I specifically made the point that Biron put up similar numbers to Lundqvist and that the Rangers D was actually good but not a top 5 unit in the league. The team defense is great, but its a function of both Lundqvist and a good(but not great) defensive unit.
The "sum being greater than the parts" is something I can totally live with. In past years the "d" was vilified for not giving Lundqvist enough help. Now, when they do, it's all Lundqvist. Kind of a reverse Brodeur.

Old
07-08-2011, 06:48 PM
Block More Shots

Dubinsky needs all the money he can get; we all know how he loves to rent rinks out for $350.

Old
07-09-2011, 10:49 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
Now general manager Glen Sather and assistant GM Jeff Gorton face talks with Dubinsky, Callahan and Brian Boyle -- the three remaining unsigned free agents -- that could take some time to reach fruition, with all three forwards seeking long-term contracts after having filed for salary arbitration.
Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...#ixzz1RcXQA9Zd

Wouldn't go past 3 years for Boyle. 1 arbitration year and 2 group III years. Who is the real Boyle? The player who was penciled in to join the Pack last September or the guy we saw last year. 3 years/$4.2-$4.5M gives him some security and still leaves him in excellent position to get a better contract down the road.

Looking at what Ladd,Cole(Stepehen Bartlett client)and Fleischmann got last week,Callahan is getting slightly more than $4M per. They all got $4.5M per in group III years. Ladd is making $4M this season and then $4.5M each for 4 years. $4.4M cap hit. 5 years/$22M. $4.4M.

Dubinsky. $3.5M and $4M. Two arbitration years. $4.5M per in the next 3 years. 5 years/$21M. $4.2M.

Leaves $3.7M in summer cap space.

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Brandon Dubinsky ($4.200m) / Brad Richards ($6.666m) / Marian Gaborik ($7.500m)
Wojtek Wolski ($3.800m) / Derek Stepan ($0.875m) / Ryan Callahan ($4.400m)
Michael Rupp ($1.500m) / Artem Anisimov ($1.875m) / Brandon Prust ($0.800m)
Sean Avery ($1.937m) / Brian Boyle ($1.450m) / Ruslan Fedotenko ($1.400m)

DEFENSEMEN
Marc Staal ($3.975m) / Daniel Girardi ($3.325m)
Ryan McDonagh ($1.300m) / Mike Sauer ($1.250m)
Michael Del Zotto ($1.087m) / Tim Erixon ($1.750m)
Mark Fistric ($1.000m)

GOALTENDERS
Henrik Lundqvist ($6.875m) / Martin Biron ($0.875m)

BUYOUTS: Chris Drury ($3.716m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $61,558,334; BONUSES: $1,487,500
CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $2,741,666

Swapped Christensen for Fistric. It could another D making the same amount. Torts doesn't like extra players. 12 forwards. 7 D. 2 goalies. Still leaves nearly $3M in space to operate the team during the season.

Brooks mentioned a Wolski buyout

Larry finally got the details correct

Quote:
The filings triggered a second buyout window for the Rangers that will be open for 48 hours starting three days after the last arbitration-eligible player's case is settled, either through a hearing or a negotiated deal.

Winger Wojtek Wolski, who carries a $3.8 million cap hit, would appear to be in jeopardy of a buyout. The 25-year-old winger, as much of an enigma in New York after coming to the Blueshirts in January in exchange for Michal Rozsival as he had been in previous stops in Phoenix and Colorado, can be bought out at a one-third rate because he is under age 26.
Where the Rangers going to use that money? The free agent stunk before July 1 and its non-existent now. Trade for who? Another salary cap dump? How much is that player making? The Rangers already signed Richards and have the space to re-sign their remaining players. Drury's buyout gave them $3,333,333 to run the team during the season.

Old
07-09-2011, 11:40 AM
WeWillWinTonight

Boyle got a lot more ice time last year than he will this year. Taking that into consideration I can't imagine him putting up points like last year hope I'm wrong though.

Old
07-09-2011, 02:24 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Where the Rangers going to use that money? The free agent stunk before July 1 and its non-existent now. Trade for who? Another salary cap dump? How much is that player making? The Rangers already signed Richards and have the space to re-sign their remaining players. Drury's buyout gave them $3,333,333 to run the team during the season.
Alexander Radulov

In all sincerity, I don't see many trade options for a top 6 left winger if Wolski is bought out. Brad Boyes? Nik Hagman? Jiri Hudler? All realistic targets, but are they really better than Wolski at this point? With just about everyone else the Rangers would have to pay through the nose. I'd rather roll the dice with W2 until Kreider signs his pro contract.

Wolski is working with Barb Underhill this summer along with Boyle and Zuccarello. Although I think it's going to help him, I believe the problem lies not in his skating stride, but in his work ethic and consistency.

Old
07-09-2011, 02:35 PM
n1cON
bleeds blue ! ! !

Quote:

What the hack!? Just lol, simply just lol

Old
07-09-2011, 02:54 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staal18 View Post
Boyle got a lot more ice time last year than he will this year. Taking that into consideration I can't imagine him putting up points like last year hope I'm wrong though.
I think he's going to have a chance at a 3rd line wing spot and it would be with a good C in AA or Steps...........Rupp can play C. Not saying its always going to be that way but they will look at it

Also Boyle could take faceoffs for AA like Dubi did.

I see Dubi on the 1st line with BR and Gabs

Closed Thread