HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gragnani's role next year and beyond

Old
07-07-2011, 01:15 AM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
As much as I like Sekera, I wouldn't be upset if we traded him if we got a good offer.

Gragnani as the 7th disappoints me. What he showed us in the playoffs makes you want to see him in the lineup every night and makes you want to see what more he can do. But I think he's 7th best on this team currently.

1. Myers
2. Regehr
3. Ehrhoff
4. Leopold
5. Sekera
6. Weber
7. Gragnani
8. Morrisonn

Our defense is deep, so much that Gragnani can't play. Would he be waiver eligible? If he is, there's no way we're going to try to get him to Rochester.

Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 01:24 AM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

I don't see why we can't just play 7 defense.

HockeyH3aven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 08:12 AM
omglolnub

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpatterson14206 View Post
I don't see why we can't just play 7 defense.
Mainly because when everyone's healthy, the Sabres have so much winger depth, there's nowhere to put him on the bench...

omglolnub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 08:18 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Yes, Gragnani is waiver eligible. That was why the Sabres decided not to risk the exposure to send him back down to Portland after the Flyer playoff series, figuring someone would likely snap him up. He had to clear last year and did so to start the season.

07-07-2011, 03:22 PM
HogtownSabresfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Yes, Gragnani is waiver eligible. That was why the Sabres decided not to risk the exposure to send him back down to Portland after the Flyer playoff series, figuring someone would likely snap him up. He had to clear last year and did so to start the season.
Yep, he'd be grabbed in second based based on his playoff play and minimal salary. He's here to stay this time. Remarkable turnaround considering he was nowhere at this time last year.

HogtownSabresfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 04:13 PM
Play4Miracles*
1 nation under Oil

I've said this before, but his stride is kind of weird. He wastes a lot of energy with it, but he seems really smart and confident. Larry Murphy wasn't what I considered to be a great NHL skater either but he's in the HoF, so who knows?

I am optimistic about his future with the team, I think he could be a 40 point top 4 defense men, but there's something about his game that gives me that "over-rated" vibe. It will be fun finding out the truth!

Play4Miracles* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 07:28 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play4Miracles View Post
I've said this before, but his stride is kind of weird. He wastes a lot of energy with it, but he seems really smart and confident. Larry Murphy wasn't what I considered to be a great NHL skater either but he's in the HoF, so who knows?

I am optimistic about his future with the team, I think he could be a 40 point top 4 defense men, but there's something about his game that gives me that "over-rated" vibe. It will be fun finding out the truth!
Perhaps with Pegula's expanded hockey budget they can invest in a good power skating coach. Imagine Vanek with one...:salivates:

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 10:04 PM
Ralonzo
Я хочу!

Send a message via Yahoo to Ralonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Play4Miracles View Post
There was something about every opposing team dumping Brian Campbell's corner as a game plan that gave me an "over-rated" vibe, but one Umberger hit later and he's an All-Star and was worth a #1 pick and got a $50M+ contract. So who the hell knows.

Edit: (Might be faulty on the all-star timing, i think he went both 06 and 07? Eh whatever, I got Green Flash Double IPA, and EVERY team dumped his corner for YEARS, and 90% of the time they got the puck... for such a "great skater" it took him forever to get back to his corner, forecheckers blew by him like a broken down bus...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveDaSwords View Post
Perhaps with Pegula's expanded hockey budget they can invest in a good power skating coach. Imagine Vanek with one...:salivates:
I'd settle for Pegula buying him something he wants that might help the team

Last edited by Ralonzo: 07-07-2011 at 10:14 PM.
Ralonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 10:31 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveDaSwords View Post
I'm still waiting for them to bring in this guy as a hockey consultant since he was on staff with the Pens for a while.

Chainshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 04:33 PM
Freezerburn

I would only look to trade Sekera if it improved the team (ie. not picks or prospects). I think he is one of our steadiest defensemen and is arguably the best puck rushing defenseman we have. When you add in his age, its exactly the type of player you plan to keep around.

Freezerburn is offline   Reply With Quote