HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is Ruutu untouchable?

Closed Thread

Old
09-07-2005, 09:25 PM
Hawkalyzer

vCash: 500
If we trade Ruutu, it would be for a superb franchise player in return. That's it.

Old
09-08-2005, 08:18 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 50
Everyone is trabeable

Old
09-08-2005, 11:50 AM
TK79

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtuzzi
I honestly think Ruutu has a chance at being the best player in the league in 5-6 years. I have read a bunch on him, as he is one of my favorite players. He seems to have that special factor that seperate superstars and stars. He has the offensive game just like the other talented youngsters, he is a great skater, great stickhandler, and is one of the best hitting forwards in the entire league.

I would not be surpised to see him with the C in a few years.
The guy is going to be a great player, but best in the league?? I don't know about that, and i'm finnish...

Old
09-08-2005, 12:22 PM
mattihp

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK79
The guy is going to be a great player, but best in the league?? I don't know about that, and i'm finnish...
Same here. He just never has impressed me that much. He'll be a very very good player IMO. But there will always be 5 or more forwards better than him.

Old
09-08-2005, 02:37 PM
GaryU

I'm not sure if he'll be the best in the NHL. Matter of fact, I'm not sure who the best player is right now. Top 6 would be good with me. Hard to believe there are people who aren't impressed with Tuomo though. He has the package.

Old
09-08-2005, 04:44 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

After hearing some of his comments about wanting to re-ignite the Hawks and their rivalries, I don't think you EVER trade a player like that. He wants to play for Chicago, wants to take them on his back and bring them back to respectability. No way in hell do you ever trade someone like that, not for Kovalchuk, not for anyone.

Old
09-09-2005, 08:37 AM
Fan-of-#9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder19
Nah, sorry to say but I totally disagree. He makes too much? Are you serious? He averages 40pts a year (roughly) and he only makes 1 million a year. If you ask me, in relation to the rest of the NHL, he's underpaid. He could break out anytime now. You have to think too that only last year did he play with anyone that had talent (Niewendyk) It was just unfortunate that he missed 20 games or he could have had a career year. This year he'll play with the emensly talented Lindros. He (Antropov) can easily be a lock for 50 to 60pts if Lindros stays healthy. Sure one hit could ruin Lindros's career, but who knows/predict if that will happen. Lindros, when healthy can be one of the most domniant players in the league. Just look what he did for Renberg's career. Playing with Lindros, Renberg averaged a point a game or over in 3 straight years. And Renberg is only a plugger (checking forward with no hands) So I can just imagine what Lindros could to for the talented Antropov.
And Antropov would definetly fetch more than a 5th round pick. He's rumoured to be traded for Witt straight up. And Witt, in comparison with the other dman that have been traded are fetching a 2nd round pick. So in essence, Antropov equals a 2nd round pick. I'm just telling you how it is.

Cheers
I was on the Hawks board reading this thread, and I felt like I wanted to reply to this post in particular, because there are some points made here that are ridiculous.

First of all Antropov is VERY soft when taking his 6'6 frame into account. I've seen guys half his size play with more physicality and grit. He has consistently been UNable to play a full season without missing games. HE does not average close to 40 pts a season, in fact it's probably closer to 25 pts. Which is nothing to be proud about. He takes lazy penalties, something that most coaches despise. There is no way you can consider Antropov a lock for 50-60 pts, whether he plays with Lindros or not he has never surpassed 45, so it may be possible, but I say unlikely.

He is not worth a 2nd round pick, if you compare his value to that of Witt, then he might be able to land a 3rd round pick, and that's a big maybe. The Sabres got Lydman for a 3rd round pick and Toni is younger, more talented and better suited for the "new NHL", so how does Witt = a 2nd round pick?? He doesn't.

Old
09-13-2005, 07:02 PM
Hawkhead

Matt Stajan and antropov couldnt hold Martin Lapointe's stick. By Antropov's age Lapointe had 27 goals.

Stajan is a 4th liner, so overhyped.

I know you are joking about your tardes for ruutu but vedder seriously. It has been said that Ruutu could be a better finnish player then Kurri.

Old
09-14-2005, 02:46 AM
mattihp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkhead
I know you are joking about your tardes for ruutu but vedder seriously. It has been said that Ruutu could be a better finnish player then Kurri.
He's a better physical player, but that is the only aspect Tuomo is even or has the potential to be in the same league of talent as Jari Kurri.

Old
09-15-2005, 04:17 PM
nneate

Quote:
Well, I'm not debating because I'm trying to justify a trade for Ruutu. I'm just trying to clarify some things about Leaf players. Everyone seems to undervalue them. But I'm sure if they were on your favorite team, you'd love em! That's just how it goes I guess.
You really don't see that your players have little to no trade value, throwing Kaberle and a bunch of spare parts is not going to land you a franchise player.

Everyone seems to undervalue your players for a reason, and it's not just this Chicago board.

Quote:
Well, I don't think Ruutu is a franchise player as of yet. He is not even a star player in the league yet. He might be depending on how well he plays this year. So, I think my proposal was more than fair, but that's just me.
Neither is Antropov or Stajan or Earl, and already Tuomo is the better player then any of those, and Kaberle probably wouldn't cut it because Chicago has all sorts of stud defensive prospects coming up. You should of heeded the advice at the beginning of the thread in saying that Toronto doesn't have anything to offer Chicago.

Closed Thread