HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official MLB Thread Part 2 (All Mets, Yankees and MLB talk)

Closed Thread

Old
07-06-2011, 04:49 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 910
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Beltran isn't going to bring in enough to warrant moving him, it seems. Rather take the 1st round pick when he's signed as a type A guy.
Haha, you posted this as I was typing my post about Type B status.

Type A requires that he be in the top 20% of players at his position over the previous two years. Having played in just 64 games last year, I doubt that's possible. Though as I said, I don't know how they calculate "Top 20%," so I could be wrong.

It's just pain.
Old
07-06-2011, 04:51 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

vCash: 500
yeah but hes prolly not an A guy though

were he, i would agree.

hes not which makes it more complicated

we need to resign reyes. thats my main concern and maximizing our return for guys like beltran and krod second.

Old
07-06-2011, 04:51 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

How do the comp picks work in Baseball? The draft is so weird when it comes to that its one of the only things that still confuse me.

Old
07-06-2011, 04:55 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
How do the comp picks work in Baseball? The draft is so weird when it comes to that its one of the only things that still confuse me.
The Elias Sports Bureau ranks UFA players based on their previous two years of play, and decides who the Top 20% and Top 40% of players are at each position.

If a guy is a Type A free agent (Top 20% at his position), the team signing him gives their highest draft pick to the team losing the player. The team losing the player is also awarded a compensatory pick between the first and second rounds of the draft.

If the player is a Type B free agent (Top 40%), the team signing him forfeits nothing, but the team losing the player still receives a compensatory pick.

It's why Tampa had like 72 of the first 80 picks this past draft.

Old
07-06-2011, 05:11 PM
clmetsfan

Quote:
Beltran isn't going to bring in enough to warrant moving him, it seems. Rather take the 1st round pick when he's signed as a type A guy.
It's in Beltran's contract that the Mets can't offer him arbitration after the season, so if he signs elsewhere we receive nothing.

Old
07-06-2011, 05:15 PM
Zil

Quote:
Beltran had a special clause negotiated into his contract by Boras. The Mets can't offer him arbitration.

"club agreed to not offer arbitration after 2011 season"

http://mlbcontracts.blogspot.com/sea...carlos+beltran

Old
07-06-2011, 05:39 PM
jstaal
go canes go

cc

Probaly been mentioned, but how do ya leave CC off all-star roster?Colon so composed, big start for phil tonight

Old
07-06-2011, 05:55 PM
TrollololBoyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinz View Post
Probaly been mentioned, but how do ya leave CC off all-star roster?Colon so composed, big start for phil tonight
Meh, CC doesn't need to be in the AS game this year. He's been legit money for the Yankees, give him some time off to see his family. He deserves a breather.

Hughes will be fine tonight, his last two rehab starts have been good. he found exactly what he was missing in the beginning of the season, the bite and velocity on his fastball that made it so good.

The Yankees' scouts struck diamonds in the rough this year with Garcia, and Colon, and their rotation is statistically better than the Red Sox, which is awesome considering how highly touted the Sox' pitching was the past two years with the addition of Lackey (). The Yankees rotation ranks 7th with an 11.9 WAR, while the Red Sox only have a 9.6 WAR.... didn't see that coming

Old
07-06-2011, 06:05 PM
17futurecap

Here is a good chart for up to date info on who is a type A and B.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/0...gs-update.html

Old
07-07-2011, 01:47 AM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

Hate to have to do it, but they need to trade Beltran if the plan is to not re-sign him. It sucks cause he is playing well now, but the team will have to move on. I believe they will wait as long as they can before trading him. They would want to have at least Reyes and Wright playing this way the team can still contend and trade away Beltran.

K-rod is going to be dealt as soon as he can, most likely right before the deadline. I suggest that since K-rod is a goner, they should try and get Heath Bell from San Diego after they trade K-Rod. It will give the team a very good closer, and put them in the same position if they had K-rod still minus having to pay the closer big bucks after his option triggers.

Old
07-07-2011, 01:59 AM
Xpaco08

The Mets are not going to trade KRod only to turn around and trade for Bell. Trading KRod is a straight salary dump by clearing his option that will easily vest. Teams interested in him will strictly use him as an 8th inning set up man IE the Yankees who are down Soriano and by the looks of it Feliciano. Bell would cost way to much via the trade market plus he's in his walk year. If they move KRod the 9th will belong to Parnell and Izzy if he's still around come July 31st.

In regards to Beltran the Mets aren't going to be looking at anything more then a mid level prospect due to the Money still owed and the injury concerns. It might be worth it to play it out with him unless the Wilpons are prepared to eat some of the salary.

Old
07-07-2011, 03:20 AM
Camenzuli

If I knew our trusted reliever duo from the bullpen would be Boone Logan and Sergio "Not good enough for Milwaukees bullpen with a worse ERA than the Yankees" Mitre I probably would'nt have stayed up till 4.30 in the morning to watch the Yankees play Cleveland. I wonder what kind of dirt those guys have on Girardi...

Last edited by Camenzuli: 07-07-2011 at 04:52 AM.
Old
07-07-2011, 06:30 PM
Muh
Beadle

Reyes 15 day DL, Damnit.

And how bout this for the Mets next 7 games. Starting pitchers who are scheduled to start against us...Kershaw, Vogelsong, Lincecum, Cain, Halladay, Lee, Hamels...wow. Gonna be fun when we go 5-2 in that stretch.

Edit: Some of those Phillie SPs may change due to how the ASG breaks down.

Old
07-07-2011, 06:32 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Yeah, that's an insane stretch of pitchers. Fortunately, we've been pitching well and coming through with clutch hits--good combo against ace pitching.

I'd be happy with 4-3.

Old
07-07-2011, 06:33 PM
NYR89

Anyone have a stream for the Yanks game tonight?

Old
07-07-2011, 06:37 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

If we go 4-3 over that span i'll be ecstatic. We've been doing well without Reyes but against the Philly's I just don't see how we avoid the sweep without him.

Old
07-07-2011, 06:44 PM
Muh
Beadle

Be good to start that stretch off with a sweep of LAD and Kershaw tonight. And just talked to my Phillies friend, he said with ASG in the middle of these games, he expects Worley to start instead of Lee (I saw that 7 games stretch from sportscenter). Regardless, gonna be real tough. Lets go Mets go.

Old
07-07-2011, 07:44 PM
Machinehead
ActingLikeAStempniak

Jeter at 2,998. I'm going to the game tomorrow, so he better not do it tonight

Old
07-07-2011, 08:26 PM
mattyd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjimmyg89 View Post
Hate to have to do it, but they need to trade Beltran if the plan is to not re-sign him. It sucks cause he is playing well now, but the team will have to move on. I believe they will wait as long as they can before trading him. They would want to have at least Reyes and Wright playing this way the team can still contend and trade away Beltran.

K-rod is going to be dealt as soon as he can, most likely right before the deadline. I suggest that since K-rod is a goner, they should try and get Heath Bell from San Diego after they trade K-Rod. It will give the team a very good closer, and put them in the same position if they had K-rod still minus having to pay the closer big bucks after his option triggers.
It's a shame they traded Bell in the first place. Would love him back but can't see it happening.

Old
07-07-2011, 10:41 PM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

Umpires have gotten so bad in baseball. Makes you wonder if the MLB even watches the games and sees how bad of a job some of them are doing on plays that aren't even close calls.

Old
07-08-2011, 02:02 AM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Absolute tragedy in the Rangers game. If anyone missed it, Josh Hamilton threw a foul ball into the stands and the fan fell head first 20 feet and later died. He was at the game with his son, he seemed to be around 7 or 8 years old. I can't believe it, and for Hamilton with everything he's gone through in his rough life this is just wrong, and to anyone for that matter. My heart goes out to the young boy and his family, I'm really shaken up about this. No one deserves that, I guess we can all appreciate how precious life is because you never know.

Old
07-08-2011, 09:05 AM
ChipAyten
NYR-LFC-NYG-NYY

Jeter gets 3000 tonight, with what else but an opposite field double RBI.

Old
07-08-2011, 07:10 PM
Kershaw

RIP Shannon Stone and he was with his 6 year old son who was screaming in agony. Even worse is that Josh Hamilton, a former alcoholic and drug addict will find something to blame himself on. This is awful, watching Hamilton's emotional press conference describing how Cooper Stone was crying got me into tears. Love you Josh Hamilton, hope this incident doesn't bring you into a mind****. Condolences to the Stone family also.

Old
07-08-2011, 07:18 PM
17futurecap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskfamous View Post
RIP Shannon Stone and he was with his 6 year old son who was screaming in agony. Even worse is that Josh Hamilton, a former alcoholic and drug addict will find something to blame himself on. This is awful, watching Hamilton's emotional press conference describing how Cooper Stone was crying got me into tears. Love you Josh Hamilton, hope this incident doesn't bring you into a mind****. Condolences to the Stone family also.
This is absolutely brutal, just thinking about that little kid breaks your heart. I can't even imagine how awful Hamilton feels, nice job by the team setting up a fund that fast. Condolences to his whole family.

Old
07-08-2011, 07:28 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17futurecap View Post
This is absolutely brutal, just thinking about that little kid breaks your heart. I can't even imagine how awful Hamilton feels, nice job by the team setting up a fund that fast. Condolences to his whole family.
Yeah they have to fix the fencing around those seats, hopefully every MLB team addresses it.

Closed Thread