Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

moncton wildcats

Closed Thread

Old
08-04-2005, 12:12 PM
domifan28

vCash: 500
moncton wildcats

steve bernier just got signed by the san jose sharks...without him and possibly saunders moncton r getting weaker by the day and i dont think they have a chance @ the memorial cup unless nolan starts to do something...moncton now need a top five forward and they still need a goaltender...id like to see either hennessey and joyal or bourret and ellis...the shiwinagan trade would be more valuable for the cats however shiwinagan r rebuilding and probably wont part with the duo.

Old
08-04-2005, 12:13 PM
domifan28

rumors now have it that defenceman nathan saunders who won best defensive defence was also signed..good luck moncton

Old
08-21-2005, 09:39 PM
Spider

moncton camp

Has anyone been watching any of the Wildcats training camp. Just curious how the prospects and new players look.

Old
08-22-2005, 07:12 AM
Sabrebat

Moncton Training Camp

I went to 2 of the intra-squad games and 1 goalie session. Here's a quick overview:

Stephane Goulet and Adam Pineault were the best forwards by a long shot. Goulet is going to be a monster this year. He's big, strong, great hands, goes hard to the net. Pineault sees the ice really well, great skater even though he looks like he's barely striding. Welton is the top offensive d-man. He's skating and passing remind you of Coffey/Leetch potentially. Blanchard will be the number 1 goalie, with Blouin or Cote-Vallieres battling for the backup. Although I have to say, based on this past weekend, I am very concerned about the Wildcats goalie situation.

Old
08-31-2005, 03:22 PM
oilers06

so.. the cats have played, and lost their first 2 ex. games, and are going to play home again this Friday. Anyone know when they are going to have a big cut and get rid of some of the guys that just shouldnt be there(ie Obelnicki, Gardiner)

Old
09-05-2005, 12:43 AM
oilers06

so.. the cats played again.. and looked terrible.. i know it is preseason and that win/loss doesn't matter, but you shouldn't look this bad this far into your training camp

Old
09-15-2005, 04:28 PM
Mac27

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers06
so.. the cats played again.. and looked terrible.. i know it is preseason and that win/loss doesn't matter, but you shouldn't look this bad this far into your training camp
I know this is a little late on the reply... but LOOK this bad this far into camp???

1st of all- It wasn't really that far into camp, maybe 2 weeks...
Secondly- Saint John was further into their camp then we were, they had pretty much had their team for the season dressed to play.
Next- ITS PRESEASON!!! Moncton had a winless preseason 2 years before this one and I bet they looked terrible then too!!! BUT that team went on to the Presidents cup final!

Closed Thread