HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Official Ex-Habs Thread Part II(All Former Habs Players Discussed Here!)

Closed Thread

Old
07-08-2011, 01:27 AM
Miller Time

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
This might make a few brains melt around here, but I think there's a possibility that other teams see our players as well-coached and prepared - and perhaps, by extension, easy to coach and quick to learn. Pretty crazy, I know. Not a bad intangible to have if you already have the other skills/traits a GM is looking to add to his team.
that line of thinking makes sense... except if accurate (in the sense of the bolts accurately targeting well-coached/prepared players to fill out their roster), it would point to a serious problem with our managements decision to let them go.

considering that:
- Bolts were better than us last year
- Bolts have a smaller budget so must be more selective and get good value for their roster additions
- PG came out and said publicly that our roster was relatively "new" and hadn't played together as much as other groups, implying that improvements could be expected as a result of the group having one more season playing together under their belt (eerily similar to Gainey's lines about the team "improving" at the deadline by virtue of promotions to Halak/Grabovski after the '08 deadline were he failed to close the deal on any trades to help the conference leading team).

see what I'm saying here?

if the bolts are selectively targeting cheap depth players that they are high on by virtue of their respect for how well prepared they are coming from our system/coaching, then wouldn't it be foolish of us to be letting those players go in the first place? (especially since it means replacing them with "new" players to the already "inexperienced with each other" NHL group?

Old
07-08-2011, 12:14 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

http://twitter.com/#!/WharnsCBCSPORT...59942884134913

Sergei sign in Nashville for 2,5 for 1 year

Old
07-08-2011, 12:56 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
http://twitter.com/#!/WharnsCBCSPORT...59942884134913

Sergei sign in Nashville for 2,5 for 1 year
They'll be trying to give him away by January.

Old
07-08-2011, 03:04 PM
Fel 96
Global Moderator
JFC

vCash: 300
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Avs sign Cedrick Desjardins.

Will most likely play in Lake Erie.

Old
07-08-2011, 03:29 PM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
i get that you don't like the player, but he's a young guy who led his team in goals & points in his first full season (and first opportunity to play a top 6/pp role), on a team that is starved for offense from it's forwards AND hasn't added any real top 6 talent in the offseason... and you think the team will be trying to move him?

get real...

Old
07-08-2011, 03:59 PM
HeShootsHeScores

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/322560.html

An entire arcticle based on the fact tender used to be out of shape lol. NOT how someone want to be talked about

Old
07-09-2011, 12:47 AM
Erika

Quote:
Yeahh, I guess that you're pretty happy with you're boy Scott ''Overpaid scrub'' Gomez !!

tssss, such pathetic hate

Old
07-09-2011, 08:10 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
i get that you don't like the player, but he's a young guy who led his team in goals & points in his first full season (and first opportunity to play a top 6/pp role), on a team that is starved for offense from it's forwards AND hasn't added any real top 6 talent in the offseason... and you think the team will be trying to move him?

get real...
He plays hard the first few months and then starts slacking off and his game goes south. He didn't do much the last month and playoffs. I doubt Trotz will put up with that.

Old
07-09-2011, 08:11 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika EllerWick View Post
Yeahh, I guess that you're pretty happy with you're boy Scott ''Overpaid scrub'' Gomez !!

tssss, such pathetic hate
We can compare Gomez' career numbers and achievements with SK...I dount it would come out very flattering for SK.

Old
07-09-2011, 08:20 AM
RE-HABS

Quote:
He got the one year to prove it wasn't a fluke. Sure Poile will sign him to a 3 year deal next summer if he has the same year as 2010/11.

Old
07-09-2011, 08:44 AM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

Quote:
He plays hard the first few months and then starts slacking off and his game goes south. He didn't do much the last month and playoffs. I doubt Trotz will put up with that.
Sergei had most of his points late in the season. He had a very constant production, and had he had his coach's confidence early in the season (played between 7 and 11 minutes per game in November), I'm thinking his points total would've been a lot higher.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/player/gamelo...rgei-kostitsyn

Sergei is a very talented player, evolving in a defensive system, with a lot of gritty, defensively-responsible, but offensively limited players, yet he still looked very good all season long, even though he's more of a playmaker than a sniper (which implies relying on your teammates' offensive flair).

I'm convinced he's going to become a star in Nashville as soon as next season. He'll be their go to guy right from the start.

Old
07-09-2011, 08:45 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
that line of thinking makes sense... except if accurate (in the sense of the bolts accurately targeting well-coached/prepared players to fill out their roster), it would point to a serious problem with our managements decision to let them go.

considering that:
- Bolts were better than us last year
- Bolts have a smaller budget so must be more selective and get good value for their roster additions
- PG came out and said publicly that our roster was relatively "new" and hadn't played together as much as other groups, implying that improvements could be expected as a result of the group having one more season playing together under their belt (eerily similar to Gainey's lines about the team "improving" at the deadline by virtue of promotions to Halak/Grabovski after the '08 deadline were he failed to close the deal on any trades to help the conference leading team).

see what I'm saying here?

if the bolts are selectively targeting cheap depth players that they are high on by virtue of their respect for how well prepared they are coming from our system/coaching, then wouldn't it be foolish of us to be letting those players go in the first place? (especially since it means replacing them with "new" players to the already "inexperienced with each other" NHL group?
Tampa Bay did better than us this season because Stamkos, St-Louis, Lecavalier and Hedman are a better core than Subban, Price, and Plekanec.

Our bottom-6 was probably better than theirs, and that's why they like our bottom-6 players.

Old
07-09-2011, 08:49 AM
DAChampion

Sergei will have as vibrant a career in Nashville as Grabovski is having in Toronto.

SK74 has 23 goals and 50 points in 77 games, whereas Brian Gionta has 29 goals and 47 points in 82 games.

If this team had Sergei Kostitsyn and Mikhail Grabovsky rather than Brian Gionta and Scott Gomez, it would produce another 20 goals per year in total offense, it would be a little bigger, and it would have an extra 6 to 7 million in cap space.

Old
07-09-2011, 09:06 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Sergei will have as vibrant a career in Nashville as Grabovski is having in Toronto.

SK74 has 23 goals and 50 points in 77 games, whereas Brian Gionta has 29 goals and 47 points in 82 games.

If this team had Sergei Kostitsyn and Mikhail Grabovsky rather than Brian Gionta and Scott Gomez, it would produce another 20 goals per year in total offense, it would be a little bigger, and it would have an extra 6 to 7 million in cap space.
BUT THEY'RE CANCERS CAUSE THEY WANTED ICE TIME.

Old
07-09-2011, 10:09 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

That's a joke. Putting SK and Gabovsky in the same class as Gio and Gomez after they each have a creer year is ridiculous. That's like trying to say player X is better than malkin or Ovechkin because they outproduced them last year.

Plus, SK had a nice 1st year here before the work etic and lackl of intensity caught up with him, we saw glimpses of that late last yaer, he disappeared the last month and playoffs.

Grabovsky isn't a bad player but not a top 2 center on a contender. He had some off ice issues and they were afraid he would bolt for the KHL, we got great return for him(2nd rounder plus Pateryn). It's not like we gave him away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
BUT THEY'RE CANCERS CAUSE THEY WANTED ICE TIME.
SK got more than enought ice time but he wouldn't produce or put in the work off ice.

Quote:
Tampa Bay did better than us this season because Stamkos, St-Louis, Lecavalier and Hedman are a better core than Subban, Price, and Plekanec.

Our bottom-6 was probably better than theirs, and that's why they like our bottom-6 players.
If you add Markov, our core is at least as good plus we have better depth.

the only reason TB got father is they faced a decimated Pittsburgh team minus it's two superstars.

Last edited by Habsfan18: 07-09-2011 at 10:17 AM. Reason: merged
Old
07-09-2011, 10:23 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
That's a joke. Putting SK and Gabovsky in the same class as Gio and Gomez after they each have a creer year is ridiculous. That's like trying to say player X is better than malkin or Ovechkin because they outproduced them last year.

Plus, SK had a nice 1st year here before the work etic and lackl of intensity caught up with him, we saw glimpses of that late last yaer, he disappeared the last month and playoffs.

Grabovsky isn't a bad player but not a top 2 center on a contender. He had some off ice issues and they were afraid he would bolt for the KHL, we got great return for him(2nd rounder plus Pateryn). It's not like we gave him away.
You can't argue "career year" when a 23 year-old (SK74) or a 26 year-old (Grabovsky) has the best season of his career thus far. You should state, sign of things to come, not career year.

The stuff about Sergei and lack of work ethic sounds like standard Montreal media ********. When I watched the games and watched his 5 minutes of ice time he did ok in those 5 minutes. I still remember the Sergei from 2007-08, who lit it up playing with Koivu and Higgins, and who scored 8 points in 12 playoff games when most of the rest of the team went to sleep. I figured he would become better than his brother.

Next year Pouliot will light it up for Boston, as Latendresse was lighting it up in Minnesota before his injuries, as D'Agostini lit it up in St-Louis, and as Ribeiro has been lighting it up in Dallas for five seasons. That will be Ribeiro, Latendresse, Pouliot, D'Agostini, SK74, and Grabovsky, all these lazy ex-habs working hard and producing throughout the NHL.

Maybe next summer AK46 can sign for a team that will give him more than 12 minutes a game, and he can then score 30 goals, and Habs fans will be confused and say that nobody could have predicted he would do better elsewhere.

Old
07-09-2011, 10:24 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Tampa fans must be picketing the team's offices after they failed to re sign Cedrick Desjardins, losing such a great prospect...what poor "asset mangement"!!!!!

Old
07-09-2011, 10:27 AM
pine
irregistered user

vCash: 50
Quote:
Tampa fans must be picketing the team's offices after they failed to re sign Cedrick Desjardins, losing such a great prospect...what poor "asset mangement"!!!!!
I lol'd in real life.

I can't believe they would let an NHL calibre goalie get away

Old
07-09-2011, 10:58 AM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:

I don't care at all for Grabovski. Sergei was a good player for us and Nashville, Gionta is a much better player, but both aren't mutually exclusive. Grabovski sucks, he's a pansy.

Old
07-09-2011, 11:29 AM
JimmyDarmody

Quote:
You can't argue "career year" when a 23 year-old (SK74) or a 26 year-old (Grabovsky) has the best season of his career thus far. You should state, sign of things to come, not career year.

The stuff about Sergei and lack of work ethic sounds like standard Montreal media ********. When I watched the games and watched his 5 minutes of ice time he did ok in those 5 minutes. I still remember the Sergei from 2007-08, who lit it up playing with Koivu and Higgins, and who scored 8 points in 12 playoff games when most of the rest of the team went to sleep. I figured he would become better than his brother.

Next year Pouliot will light it up for Boston, as Latendresse was lighting it up in Minnesota before his injuries, as D'Agostini lit it up in St-Louis, and as Ribeiro has been lighting it up in Dallas for five seasons. That will be Ribeiro, Latendresse, Pouliot, D'Agostini, SK74, and Grabovsky, all these lazy ex-habs working hard and producing throughout the NHL.

Maybe next summer AK46 can sign for a team that will give him more than 12 minutes a game, and he can then score 30 goals, and Habs fans will be confused and say that nobody could have predicted he would do better elsewhere.
Massive ownage. I think I like you already.

Old
07-09-2011, 01:24 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

When players on your own team want you off the team that's a pretty clear sign that there is an attiude and/or work ethic problem. This is not a media fabrication. Even Price got on his case about showing up late for an optional skate.

Grabovsky had some issues but he was traded more because he was behind Koivu and Plekanec, and they got good value in return.

Old
07-09-2011, 01:31 PM
swimmer77
What's an ROW?

Never liked that SK was outcasted from the cabin trip. Maybe the reason was justified but still think it was a little weird. I thought part of the reason for that little outing was to get guys in line. SK didn't even get that chance.

Closed Thread