HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Top 10 CH People

Old
07-09-2011, 10:32 AM
Windymind

vCash: 500
Top 10 CH People

Here are the people I believe are the stars of the CH in order of value for the organization short/long term. I include, coach, ass coach, organization, equipment, players, AHL also.

1. Carry Price
2. PK Subban
3. Pierre Gauthier
4. Plekanec
5. Markov
6. Pach
7. Desharnais
8. Tinordi
9. Camalleri
10. Jacques Martin

Not perfect. I'd like to hear yours to improve that Top 10.

Windymind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2011, 10:34 AM
habfaninvictoria

Geoff Molson's not important?

habfaninvictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2011, 10:36 AM
Windymind

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfaninvictoria View Post
Geoff Molson's not important?
Important and like others, replaceable. Is Mr. Molson really good as what he is doing?

Old
07-09-2011, 10:36 AM
AntonCH

Molson
Gauthier
Price
Markov
Gionta
Martin
Plekanec
Subban
Gill
Larry the cable guy

AntonCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2011, 10:41 AM
Windymind

Gill?

Old
07-09-2011, 10:43 AM
AntonCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windymind View Post
Gill?
Yes Gill
He was retained so that he could tutor / take the young d-men under his wing; if that doesn't qualify as important, not sure what does

AntonCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2011, 10:54 AM
wedge

the captain is not there but Desharnais and Tinordi are?

wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2011, 10:56 AM
habfaninvictoria

Quote:
Important and like others, replaceable. Is Mr. Molson really good as what he is doing?
I'd hazard a guess that their are more people able to play hockey at a high level than are willing and able to finance a hockey team. The Habs would make oodles of money regardless of the on ice product, so his willingness to spend as much and more than other teams is indeed valuable to the organization.

For proof look at Buffalo this year compared to last or..... Harold Ballard

habfaninvictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2011, 10:56 AM
Habs 1909

1. Molson, 2. Price, 3. Gauthier, 4. Subban, 5. Plekanec, 6. Gionta, 7. Jacques Martin, 8. Trevor Timmins, 9. Markov, 10. Cammalleri

Habs 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2011, 11:23 AM
Zaide
I'm a renegade

vCash: 50
1. Geoff Molson : He's the owner, so that's quite obvious.
2. Carey Price : Franchise goaltender, we all know great teams start with a great goalie.
3. PK Subban : Exciting, possible franchise player, loved by the fans and that is a great seller.
4. Pierre Gauthier : Our GM, he puts the team together and has to make hard choices.
5. Andrei Markov : Our best player arguably, a great veteran although quite shy. However, he doesn't shy when needed and is amazing on the ice. Isn't he the one who said to Price : "If you don't wanna play with your heart, then don't play for us ?" Something like that... The year after, Price has a breakout season.
6. Hal Gill : The reason we kept him was that he was a great leader, a great veteran that would mentor the younger players like PK.
7. Jacques Martin : The coach. Not that I like him, but he's still responsible of the players during the game and has to ellaborate the strategies.
8. Brian Gionta : Our beloved captain. A great leader respected by his teammates.
9. Trevor Timmins : He's building us for the future, and while I don't agree with some of his picks, he still finds pearls in the later rounds.
10. Pierre Gervais : Without him, we'd have to forfeit every game because our player wouldn't have their equipment ready.

Zaide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2011, 11:30 AM
neofury*

1) The Fans!

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2011, 11:32 AM
Frankc

1) Price
2) Subban
3) Geoff Molson
4) David Mulder
5) Trevor Timmins
6) Thomas Plekanec
7) Brian Gionta
8) Michael Cammalleri
9) Markov
10) Gill

Some explaination... Price & Subban are what make this team so valuable for Geoff Molson. I put David Mulder 4th because we are very lucky to have him with the Canadiens, he's one of the best around the league (just remember that he saved the life of Trent McCleary, he's the one who was taking care of Koivu.. etc..).

Timmins, even will all the criticizm, is doing a great job IMO. He made some mistake for sure but also made great pick. Sometimes its the management that made him looks bad with bad evaluation of a player and trading him for almost nothing..

Plekanec is one of the top two way center in the league.. no way he's not in top 10.

Gionta is an awesome leader and very good player in the two way. He's american but seems honestly really proud to be the captain of this prestigious organization.

Cammalleri is a valuable asset, even if I found that he had a very bad season last year, because he can level up his play when it matters the most. Just remember the game of the 100th anniversary.. the playoffs and other important games.

Markov, when healthy, is in top 15 defenceman of the league.

Finally.. Gill. This guy is important because of the leadership and calm he brings. Especially come to the playoffs. He's a great mentor for the young players and I really hope the day he'll retire habs will offer him a job as a assistant of defenceman and make him responsible of the P.K. unit.

I didn't put Gauthier because I believe we would be better with someone else.. yes we could also be worst.. but he haven't impress me. His trades aren't really good overall, especially when you look at what teams received in exchange of some similar players. And he's not especially awesome in salary negociation..

I also did not put Martin, as I don't really appreciate. I don't like the way he manage some players (like Andrei Kostitsyn always in the doghouse while Gomez & Cammalleri were playing like ***** and still had a lot of ice time... Sergei K.. Latendresse.. Pouliot.. Lapierre.. etc..) And I'm not a huge fan of all these players, in fact I'm glad Lapierre's gone.. but still think he was not use properly. I don't like his style. I don't especially like that we always play a defensive game (and mostly a trap) when we are leading the game by 2 goals or less.. We should keep attacking and not dumping the puck.

Lot will probably not agree but that's my opinion.

Frankc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2011, 11:32 AM
E = CH²

1. Subban (Franchise player destined to compete for Norris IMO. I see him possibly winning one at some point or at least be top 5 in voting many times. I see him logging 25+ min a night for his career and generally being a beast and clutch playoffs performer)

2. Plekanec (minute eater against top opposition, plays in any and every situations, is very consistent, he's our Kesler, if only we had a legit offensive #1 center in the Statsny/Parise/etc mold to take some of the pressure off his shoulders.)

3. Markov (would be #1 but #3 because of health issues and not having stood out in the playoffs as much as I'd like to see considering how good he is)

4. Cammalleri (Hasn't been here long enough but his two playoffs performances have been really special. Could jump up in the standings next year with another strong showing)

5. Price (It's not the mid 90ies anymore where there were only 4-5 goalies who are really good. There are about at least 15 solid starters who can have/had had just as good a year as Price had last year. And I wanna see Price be a difference maker in the playoffs before putting him on a pedestal. Right now, it's mostly all potential with him since he's only had one legit #1 starter good season)

6. Pacioretty (unproven, but fills such an important role as a big bodied net crashing goal scorer. We can only hope he continues on that path)

7. Gionta (captain, leadership, goalscoring, legit top 6 guy, clutch playoffs performer)

8. Eller (Lots of potential in that young center. Big body, looks to have good hockey sense and strong hockey fundamentals. I can see a really bright future ahead of him.)

9. Desharnais (Insane hockey sense and huge heart. Reminds me a lot of Koivu in that sense. Really hope we can find a spot for him to express the full measure of his talent.)

10. Timmins (I was doubtful, but he's won me over. His 2007 draft was pretty godly. Too bad Gainey screwed the pouch with the nearly unlimited supply of assets Timmins gave him)

HM : Weber (incredibly underrated on these boards. Would have opened more eyes last season if used more)

Also lol at Molson, Martin and Gauthier making it on these lists.

Martin is a guy who gets most of the juice out of his team in the present with almost no eye toward the future. He'll only play young players if they're clearly better than a veteran option and will give them reduced roles even if he does find a spot for them. Obvious exception being Subban because well.. he's insanely good, but even he had to be healthy scratched, not given PP time, etc. So a big joke to see Martin in there as top 10 most important to the org.

Molson... even bigger joke. Owners for the habs are lining up at the door. Many of which would spend to the cap and not meddle which is about the 2 most important thing about being a good owner. I fail to see how Molson is of such value to the habs.

Gauthier has done a fairly good job and he could improve his ranking in my eyes down the line. He made the right call on Halak/Price despite the pressure to do otherwise, and also got a solid return in Eller who'll be a strong player for us down the line. Loved his adjustment midway through the season of acquiring Wiz for a 2nd. He's also avoided some big traps such as Jagr and he identified a huge need, went out and filled it with Cole which is a great move. Some not so good moves though, not QOing Pouliot and giving SK away was dumb IMO, but also partly Martin forcing his hand I guess. Solid job so far, but to me the players are the most important resources and the hardest to replace unless you have an exceptional GM/Coach and there are few who really stand out. Gauthier hasn't had enough time to stand out with the habs, and he hasn't stood out with other teams as GM. I'm cautiously optimistic but then again I was really happy about Gainey's job the first few years.

E = CH² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2011, 12:03 PM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

P.K's no. 1 on my list.

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2011, 12:07 PM
Jerky

Quote:
I include, coach, ass coach, organization, equipment, players, AHL also.
I think an ASS Coach is the most important thing in any walk of life.....not just hockey!

Jerky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2011, 12:10 PM
pine

vCash: 50
1. Geoff Molson (chill to the max owner)
2. Dominick Saillant (PR guy)
3. Pierre Gervais (equipment boss)
4. Michel Lacroix (house announcer)
5. Pierre Gauthier (GM)
6. Jacques Martin (coach)
7. David Mulder (doctor)
8. Trevor Timmins (head scout)
9. Graham Ryndbend (athletic therapist)
10. Mario Leblanc (video man)

pine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2011, 12:33 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Carey Price
PK Subban
Geoff Molson
Pierre Gauthier
Trevor Timmins
Jacques Martin
Brian Gionta
David Mulder/Mark Recchi
Andrei Markov
Pierre Gervais

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2011, 01:02 PM
swimmer77
What's an ROW?

I chose people of recent times who I think were most instrumental in getting the organization to where it is today and setting it up for the future. I went this route because I don't want to see efforts shoved aside because those efforts shaped the team roster as it stands today.

1. Geoff Molson
For obvious reasons. Part of the past and future.

2. Bob Gainey
Much of the current team is still his doing and I've always loved the character of they guy. Part of the past and quite possibly a silent influence on the future.

3. Dr. Mulder
Goes without saying. The roster has been decimated with injuries the last three years. Markov alone has kept Dr. Mulder gainfully employed. Part of the past and future.

4. Jacques Martin
Again with the injuries of the last two years and the newness of the team, I think JM has been able to adjust the style of play to fit the need given the circumstances. I'm not convinced he's the right coach but his accomplishment with a decimated team deserves respect. Part of the past and future.

5. Jaroslav Halak
Sorry - but that playoff run was magic and was the furtherest a Habs' team went in some time. He was outstanding while it lasted. Now we just have to see how Lars Eller progresses. Part of the past and thank you, Jaro.

6. Tomas Plekanec
There just isn't much he can't do right now. Just a very well rounded player and tremendous worth ethic. Part of the past and future.

7. Roman Hamrlik
He was a Hab for four years and the Habs made the playoffs all of those years. He was a free agent who took Souray's money and made the most of it when not many UFA's were knocking down the door. I suspect the younger d-men learned something from him too. A quiet leader and good all around player who filled in for Markov very admirably. Part of the past and thank you, Roman.

8. Andrei Markov
As soon as he gets on the ice and proves he can be injury free he'll move up the list dramatically. Obviously a loyal player but still has to prove he can get the Habs over the hump. Part of the past and future.

9. Kirk Mueller
I'll miss him and wish him great success. Great motivator and leader. Part of the past and thank you, Kirk!

10. P. K. Subban
He's the future and moreso than Price IMO. These d-men are hard to come by and it's one market that's always in demand. The goalie market runs hot and cold and seems dependant on how instrumental the goalie was in winning the Stanley Cup. I don't want to cut Price short because he's a great player but still unproven in the playoffs. PK's playoff run against Washington and Pittsburgh was very good. Lead the way P.K.!

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2011, 01:03 PM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

As an Indian person, this thread title is extremely hilarious. Any other Indians here want to take a stab at it?

Jaysfanatic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2011, 05:52 PM
Windymind

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyG 91 View Post
1. Molson, 2. Price, 3. Gauthier, 4. Subban, 5. Plekanec, 6. Gionta, 7. Jacques Martin, 8. Trevor Timmins, 9. Markov, 10. Cammalleri
Nice!

Old
07-09-2011, 06:03 PM
Windymind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerky View Post
I think an ASS Coach is the most important thing in any walk of life.....not just hockey!
LOL!

Old
07-09-2011, 06:05 PM
Windymind

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFpineapple View Post
1. Geoff Molson (chill to the max owner)
2. Dominick Saillant (PR guy)
3. Pierre Gervais (equipment boss)
4. Michel Lacroix (house announcer)
5. Pierre Gauthier (GM)
6. Jacques Martin (coach)
7. David Mulder (doctor)
8. Trevor Timmins (head scout)
9. Graham Ryndbend (athletic therapist)
10. Mario Leblanc (video man)
Are you sure we talk here about hockey?

Old
07-09-2011, 06:06 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic View Post
As an Indian person, this thread title is extremely hilarious. Any other Indians here want to take a stab at it?
I'm probably the only one who understands what you're talking about.

Jack Bourdain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2011, 06:14 PM
Windymind

As a fan, I like my word to be heard.

1. Not impressed by Molson yet. Looking at Bruins this year, their owner did have an influence on the cup.

2. Not impressed by Gauthier yet. I admire though how he builds a team from the bottom up. Poor on free market negociations... we needed a Cole starting last year.

3. Martin, I would have liked him to get angry at refs this year once or twice seriously. It was joke and he was a sisi.

4. Pach event with Chara and game Nb.3 with bruins left me with a bad taste on the CH direction team. They have no power anymore. So I don't give a lot of rating in my top 10 for them.

Timmins has done some great founds so he could be at the bottom of the top 10.

Tinordi seems to me a very great asset for the CH in the long run.

Old
07-09-2011, 10:28 PM
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH

1- Youpi!
2- Benoît Brunet
3- Pasquale Mangiola
4- David Fischer
5- Janne Niinimaa
6- Ron Fournier