vCash: 500
Thanks for the write ups Steven!

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2011, 11:49 PM
superhakan
Gaudreauby Baker

vCash: 50
Thanks Steven, Much appreciated. Really psyched about Holland, Byron, Bancks, Ortio, Brodie and Baertschi.

superhakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 12:08 AM
BacklundtoBartschi*

I felt like I was there thanks Steve.

BacklundtoBartschi* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 12:25 AM
FlamesFan18

Thank you so much Steven. Very happy with the turn out. Was expecting more from Horak, Byron, Seabrook and Howse, but less from Ferland, Holland, Gaudreau, Larson, and Ramage. I always knew Macmillan, Cameron, Negrin, Brodie, Nemisz, Wahl, Brodie and Baertschi wouldnt disappoint. Very excited to see how these players turn out in the next few years, my hope with our weak prospect depth has increased greatly.

FlamesFan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 12:31 AM
Steven

Also guys, check out the thread on CalgaryPuck (the one on the main board) for a ton of video from the camp. The full scrimmage from today is up!

Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 12:37 AM
GoFlames

I wonder which prospects will make the line up this fall. I think that according to the write ups of those that had the chance to go to the prospect camp I will make a guess.

Greg Nemisz as a third liner. It seems Nemisz has put the pieces together in his game. He is a solid 2 way player with a great back skate. In an ideal world dump off a player like Hagman.

Negrin: Since the signing of the Anton a D man like TJ Brodie would be less needed than a more strong defender like Negrin.

Who knows, maybe Baertschi will make it out of camp. Either way some more salary dumps and dead weight removal should happen.

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 12:52 AM
Noori

Between Steven's write-ups on here and CP, and some videos a poster there was nice enough to post, people at home get to know a little more about these prospects. Not a lot, if any, high-end talent (1st liner, top-3 d) but some solid NHL'ers should definitely emerge from our system.

Noori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 08:11 AM
Keeptdos

vCash: 140
I've been lurking this thread from day-to-day and I'm ver impressed by the work of Steven. Cheers!

Keeptdos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 09:23 AM
The Gnome

Thanks Steven! Awesome writeups...

Hoping for Brodie/Negrin to make it this year. Want Byron to make the 4th line. I really think his speed and Tenacity will go over well in between TK and Jackman.

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 01:06 PM
Dutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesfan12 View Post
Looks like I'll be coming down for tomorrow and maybe the Thursday sessions. Really looking forward to seeing some of the newly drafted guys. Going to really keep my eye on Byron too as I've never seen him play. I'll try to take some pictures and videos if I can. Any requests?

Also what's the best way to get to the Hartman coming in from Edmonton? I've been there a few years ago, but can't remember at all how I got there.
Go down on deer foot (#2 highway) get on the offramp to McKnight and go east till you get to 68th street go north its on the right, you cant miss it

Dutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 01:51 PM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

vCash: 1508
Not to take away from the excellent work of our scouts, but one thing did stand out for me...
Quote:
42 Ė LD T.J. Brodie
Does this mean he is no longer wearing #66, and we don't get the delicious wrath of the rest of the league (well Penguins fans) asking "Who does this kid think he is?"

If so,

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 03:16 PM
Steven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
Not to take away from the excellent work of our scouts, but one thing did stand out for me...

Does this mean he is no longer wearing #66, and we don't get the delicious wrath of the rest of the league (well Penguins fans) asking "Who does this kid think he is?"

If so,
I can't remember for sure, but I think he wore 42 at last year's camp as well. I think that all returning players wore the same numbers, actually. So he might still wear 66, and I hope he does.

Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 04:38 PM
AnAfricanMidget

The wirte ups are great Steven, great read and very informative.

Thanks a bunch.

AnAfricanMidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 06:46 PM
King In The North
Sean Bennett

These write ups make me think Sven will get 9 games.

King In The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 08:16 PM
flamesfan12

Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFlames View Post
I wonder which prospects will make the line up this fall. I think that according to the write ups of those that had the chance to go to the prospect camp I will make a guess.

Greg Nemisz as a third liner. It seems Nemisz has put the pieces together in his game. He is a solid 2 way player with a great back skate. In an ideal world dump off a player like Hagman.

Negrin: Since the signing of the Anton a D man like TJ Brodie would be less needed than a more strong defender like Negrin.

Who knows, maybe Baertschi will make it out of camp. Either way some more salary dumps and dead weight removal should happen.
Definetly add Bouma to that list. Bouma, Nemisz and Byron are all knocking on the door and could make the team out of camp. I would say Baertschi and Wahl would be my darkhorses to making the team.

On the backend definetly a battle between Negrin and Brodie. Neither could make it, but I hope atleast one of them steps up and makes the team out of camp.

Quote:
Go down on deer foot (#2 highway) get on the offramp to McKnight and go east till you get to 68th street go north its on the right, you cant miss it
Thanks.

flamesfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2011, 12:42 PM
bert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven View Post
32 Ė C Paul Byron: Finally, after being underwhelmed all week with Byron, I finally got to see what makes his game so special during the scrimmages. Byron hasnít showed the skill I expected him to, and although he is fast, heís not an exceptional skater. Heís got a pretty good shot, but sometimes he doesnít use his line-mates enough. In the scrimmages though, he showed a fearless, physical game I didnít expect at all. Byron goes barrelling into corners against guys way bigger than him, and tries to challenge players physically every chance he gets. For a little guy, he doesnít hesitate to go into greasy areas and fight for the puck. I donít know that heís ready to be a Flame this season, but heís certainly going to fight for it.
Coulda told you this before he is fearless. His high end skill is the way he can make moves and finish at high speeds he isnt the type to toe drag but he can change directions and control the puck when he is moving quickly. That is what makes him so dangerous. He also has a flair for the dramatic in terms of scoring big goals and making big plays at key times. His playoff ppg is higher in every league he has ever played in.

I think you guys have a player....

bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2011, 04:45 PM
Bernie 1 Parent

Guys, i played on John Gaudreau's high school team and let me tell you this kid is special. What was so awful about his skating? His backwards skating never seemed to be a problem when i was with him. I am 19 years old and have been playing hockey since i was 7 and i can honestly tell you he is by far the best player i have ever seen. He puts the puck wherever he wants to. He would do things that would literally make my jaw drop.

One of the best things about him was how good he is on his edges. I've never seen a kid so good at changing direction. We played in an extremely competitive highschool league in New Jersey. There were game where we would win 10-5 and this kid would have 10points. It was unreal to watch.

Also this kid HATES to LOSE! It doesnt matter if its practice or game 7 of the cup final. This kid will do whatever it takes to win. 3on3's in high school practice turned into WARS because John wanted to win so damn bad. When he got drafted by you guys he was actually in the middle of a game at his local rink. This kid lives in the ice rink. He is completely committed to hockey. He would pass up high school parties and girls just to be on the ice. You got a steal/winner in the 4th roud. enjoy.

Bernie 1 Parent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2011, 05:45 PM
tmurfin
500g1000pts

vCash: 336
Thanks for the additional info.. All ive heard is great things about him, hopefully his size doesnt hold him back, because as many have said, he could be something special

tmurfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2011, 06:56 PM
Bernie 1 Parent

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmurfin View Post
Thanks for the additional info.. All ive heard is great things about him, hopefully his size doesnt hold him back, because as many have said, he could be something special
Yeah hes a great kid. A good friend of mine. There were seasons in Bantam AAA where he would put up 90 points in 30 games. I kid you not if he was a few inches bigger he would have been a top 10 pick for sure. I wish my Flyers would have grabbed him because i can really see him making an impact.

Bernie 1 Parent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2011, 07:50 PM
flamesfan12

Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotta go BAR 61 View Post
Guys, i played on John Gaudreau's high school team and let me tell you this kid is special. What was so awful about his skating? His backwards skating never seemed to be a problem when i was with him. I am 19 years old and have been playing hockey since i was 7 and i can honestly tell you he is by far the best player i have ever seen. He puts the puck wherever he wants to. He would do things that would literally make my jaw drop.

One of the best things about him was how good he is on his edges. I've never seen a kid so good at changing direction. We played in an extremely competitive highschool league in New Jersey. There were game where we would win 10-5 and this kid would have 10points. It was unreal to watch.

Also this kid HATES to LOSE! It doesnt matter if its practice or game 7 of the cup final. This kid will do whatever it takes to win. 3on3's in high school practice turned into WARS because John wanted to win so damn bad. When he got drafted by you guys he was actually in the middle of a game at his local rink. This kid lives in the ice rink. He is completely committed to hockey. He would pass up high school parties and girls just to be on the ice. You got a steal/winner in the 4th roud. enjoy.
I was watching him pretty closely and I thought he had some trouble with a couple of the drills. Obviously you would know better so maybe I just caught him on a bad day.

Thanks for the information on him. Great to hear. Feaster said one of the things he wants when drafting is work ethic and it sounds like he definetly has that. I was really impressed with him in the one day I watched him. Definetly hope he becomes a player.

flamesfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2011, 11:52 PM
AfricanHerbsman

i think that t wotherspoon is having surgury on his shoulder. Im pretty sure i read that somewhere

AfricanHerbsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 12:09 AM
GoFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotta go BAR 61 View Post

Nice sounds like a potential steal... liking who the Flames drafted this season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert View Post
Coulda told you this before he is fearless. His high end skill is the way he can make moves and finish at high speeds he isnt the type to toe drag but he can change directions and control the puck when he is moving quickly. That is what makes him so dangerous. He also has a flair for the dramatic in terms of scoring big goals and making big plays at key times. His playoff ppg is higher in every league he has ever played in.

I think you guys have a player....
Byron will likely be the best return from Reggie. He seems to have tons of skill and is blazing fast. Nice to see the Flames push to be faster and try to fit into the new NHL FINALLY (as long as they do not lose their physical edge).

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 03:39 PM
Flames 1st pick

Didnt Feaster get St Louis in Tampa

Looks like he is trying to find the magic again with Byron and Gaudreau......I doubt if Byron would come close to St Louis, Gaudreau has a lot of development in front of him...but you never know...it doesnt hurt to try.

I guess small skill players are Feaster's thing just as cowboy goons were Sutter's.

Flames 1st pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 03:43 PM
Roughneck

Send a message via MSN to Roughneck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas Hockey Fan View Post
Didnt Feaster get St Louis in Tampa
Pretty sure it was Dudley.

Roughneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 03:45 PM
Flames 1st pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Feaster View Post
Pretty sure it was Dudley.
Alright...but it worked and Feaster was around there.

Flames 1st pick is offline   Reply With Quote