HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

[FLA/VAN] Shirokov for Duco

Old
07-09-2011, 08:47 PM
JP Mick
Two Gallants

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProspectProphet View Post
Legit top 4 D-man?? If that's FLA's thinking too, then they need
Here bud,
Do some reading and stop trolling:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle1983801/

http://www.truehockey.com/articles/M...other-NHL-Team

http://nhlhotstove.com/top-10-penalt...in-the-league/

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/flapa...sung-hero.html

JP Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2011, 08:47 PM
Georgia Panther

Quote:
Then you must have missed the article that rated Garrison and Weaver, who are paired together, as the second and third best defensive defensemen in entire NHL!

Georgia Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2011, 08:48 PM
Georgia Panther

damn, you beat me to it!

Georgia Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2011, 08:50 PM
JP Mick
Two Gallants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Panther View Post
damn, you beat me to it!
He was starting to annoy me.

JP Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2011, 08:56 PM
Kass Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
And as the prospect prophet, you'd think you would know exactly how Duco fits into the system.
......as said before, fighting with about 7 others (add Pinizzotto) for 1 spot which, in the 1st place, is why I asked how there is more opportunity in Van-supposedly, when the competitveness for a job is equal to or greater than in Florida. Then buddy said FLA had the deepest forward unit as his his response. Followed by Weaver being a legit top 4 d-man. And yet you are trying to insult my knowledge of hockey. At least spell my name right - no space

Go ahead and name the teams that Weaver would actually be a starting top 4 d-man. please. I'm only trolling if you have homer glasses on.

Kass Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2011, 09:18 PM
johano90

Quote:
......as said before, fighting with about 7 others (add Pinizzotto) for 1 spot which, in the 1st place, is why I asked how there is more opportunity in Van-supposedly, when the competitveness for a job is equal to or greater than in Florida. Then buddy said FLA had the deepest forward unit as his his response. Followed by Weaver being a legit top 4 d-man. And yet you are trying to insult my knowledge of hockey. At least spell my name right - no space

Go ahead and name the teams that Weaver would actually be a starting top 4 d-man. please. I'm only trolling if you have homer glasses on.
Wait, let me get this right, your profile picture is a glass ball with the Canuck logo and the Stanley Cup? Glad that worked out, otherwise you'd look pretty silly about now.

The Garrison-Weaver tandem was one of the best in the NHL last year from a defensive, statistical basis. If you're not to trust statistics, then what do you trust? Oh right, biased opinions are the only place to turn. I feel very comfortable with our defense as well as our forward for next year. The only place I'm a little bit worried is goaltending.

As for Duco, he would have never made the team in Florida. Does that mean he would have made the team in Vancouver? No, of course not. Let's relax a little bit, nobody wants to cause a riot.

johano90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2011, 09:28 PM
jol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Panther View Post
Then you must have missed the article that rated Garrison and Weaver, who are paired together, as the second and third best defensive defensemen in entire NHL!

Both of them will have a helluva payday after this season if they continue playing like that.

JOL

jol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2011, 09:50 PM
Erick

Quote:
Campbell, Jovo, and Kulikov....the defense is weak after that, and a rookie Gudbranson isn't going to be a star just yet . Goaltending is Theodore/Clemmensen - very questionable. Forward depth is better than other positions, but as deep as Van's...no way. Look at our roster.
Uh.
You asked about Duco; Duco's a forward.

Erick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2011, 10:47 PM
Kass Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by johano90 View Post
Wait, let me get this right, your profile picture is a glass ball with the Canuck logo and the Stanley Cup? Glad that worked out, otherwise you'd look pretty silly about now. :sarcasm:

The Garrison-Weaver tandem was one of the best in the NHL last year from a defensive, statistical basis. If you're not to trust statistics, then what do you trust? Oh right, biased opinions are the only place to turn. I feel very comfortable with our defense as well as our forward for next year. The only place I'm a little bit worried is goaltending.

As for Duco, he would have never made the team in Florida. Does that mean he would have made the team in Vancouver? No, of course not. Let's relax a little bit, nobody wants to cause a riot
Do you see a "2011" in my avatar? Don't YOU feel silly now, for assuming that?

As for the Duco bit, once again, I asked what was making people say he'd have a better chance in Van, because they were obviously mis-informed on Vancouver's forward depth. You can argue the same for me about FLA's forward depth, but I immediately looked it up and I stand by what I have said. I'm sure that if you look up Vancouver's forwards, you'd understand my point, but you're probably just pissed that I can back it up.

Old
07-09-2011, 11:00 PM
vintagecanuck

Dude if you go on another teams board and tell them there team is ***** and cant hold a light to yours, you're trolling.

Sorry Florida. You may have noticed we have a few poop disturbers here in Vancouver.

vintagecanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 12:56 AM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:

Florida
Washington
Philadelphia
Boston
Pittsburgh
Tampa Bay
Montreal
Buffalo
NY Rangers
Carolina
Toronto
New Jersey
Winnipeg
Ottawa
NY Islanders
Vancouver
San Jose
Detroit
Anaheim
Nashville
Phoenix
Los Angeles
Chicago
Dallas
Calgary
St. Louis
Minnesota
Columbus
Colorado
Edmonton

Did I miss anybody?

Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 01:00 AM
Kass Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagecanuck View Post
Dude if you go on another teams board and tell them there team is ***** and cant hold a light to yoursyou're trolling.

Sorry Florida. You may have noticed we have a few poop disturbers here in Vancouver.
So I don't have a point at all because this is Panther's forum? I can't know anything about hockey because of my avatar?? I can't know anything of my favourite team's depth because of what webpage I'm on. - I actually realized it was a Panthers forum a little late.... but really. If they are going to talk about Van's depth (before I said anything), I'll defend them-Panthers forum or not. The difference is that I can keep it in perspective and look into their lineup - unlike they were willing to do...

I do apologize if my saying "Weaver is not a legit top 4" hurt any feelings. I like the guy, and I admit he plays solid in his own end, I just disagree with the top4 label and the top3 defensive defenseman part. There is nothing biased about that, unless all opinions are biased, including your own and every else's.

and feel free too hold a light to Vancouver. I invite it. Then we'll actually look into my words as opposed to just blindly reacting to them.

and for the record, I like the Panthers, I just think they are waiting on some of their prospects (howden huberdeau gudbranson bugstad etc - good do a rant here) before they make a real push. Even if they do make the playoffs, they will be big underdogs.

But....what do I know.

Old
07-10-2011, 01:04 AM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Now can we get back to the thread topic? Love getting Shirokov but bummed that we won't get to see him this year. Although this leaves alot of excitement for next season. If Huber N Gud don't make the team this year they will certainly be joining us next year along with possibly Shirokov(If they can buy out his KHL contract) and maybe another couple FA's and/or trades!

Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 01:27 AM
johano90

Quote:
So I don't have a point at all because this is Panther's forum? I can't know anything about hockey because of my avatar?? I can't know anything of my favourite team's depth because of what webpage I'm on. - I actually realized it was a Panthers forum a little late.... but really. If they are going to talk about Van's depth (before I said anything), I'll defend them-Panthers forum or not. The difference is that I can keep it in perspective and look into their lineup - unlike they were willing to do...

I do apologize if my saying "Weaver is not a legit top 4" hurt any feelings. I like the guy, and I admit he plays solid in his own end, I just disagree with the top4 label and the top3 defensive defenseman part. There is nothing biased about that, unless all opinions are biased, including your own and every else's.

and feel free too hold a light to Vancouver. I invite it. Then we'll actually look into my words as opposed to just blindly reacting to them.

and for the record, I like the Panthers, I just think they are waiting on some of their prospects (howden huberdeau gudbranson bugstad etc - good do a rant here) before they make a real push. Even if they do make the playoffs, they will be big underdogs.

But....what do I know.
I have no problem with this post. But you did misspell two words, it's actually "favorite" and "Bjugstad"

After all, you are on our message boards...

johano90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 02:29 AM
Erick

Quote:
Do you see a "2011" in my avatar? Don't YOU feel silly now, for assuming that?

As for the Duco bit, once again, I asked what was making people say he'd have a better chance in Van, because they were obviously mis-informed on Vancouver's forward depth. You can argue the same for me about FLA's forward depth, but I immediately looked it up and I stand by what I have said. I'm sure that if you look up Vancouver's forwards, you'd understand my point, but you're probably just pissed that I can back it up.
Who said he would make Vancouver's team?
You were the one who came on here basically questioning the Panthers depth.

We all know that Vancouver has good players.

You keep asking us the same silly question; why don't you ask your GM? He's the one who made the deal. We're just telling you what Duco brings as a player to a team. Not our fault that you don't like the explanation.

Maybe your GM just made a bad trade? Or maybe he felt Shirokov would never fill a role in Vancouver so he let him go? Or maybe he realized that Shirokov recently signed with a team in the KHL and just decided to trade his rights for something?

We apologize for not being mind-readers about the situation.

The current Panthers team has good depth though, regardless of what you say. The track records of each individual player proves such a statement.

And I never said the Panthers definitely have the best depth in the NHL. Learn how to read and comprehend.

Old
07-10-2011, 02:33 AM
Erick

Quote:

But....what do I know.
1. No one ever said the Panthers depth was clearly better than Vancouver's. Again, learn how to read.

2. Weaver being a top-3 defensive defenseman last year is supported by statistics, so I don't see how that's biased. It's not necessarily biased if it can be supported by facts. You, on the other hand, are making statements about a guy you probably watched...what? Once last year when he played Vancouver? Weaver and Garrison played the opponents top lines every night here. I don't think it's a coincidence that St. Louis PK was among the best in the league when Weaver was there, and then our PK showed great improvement last year in his first year here. He plays a big part. He's not recognized because he has no offensive upside, period.

Old
07-10-2011, 03:16 AM
flapanthersfan

weaver is not a top-4 defensman. he's a #5-6 guy that is an incredible penalty killer. not much different than marc-andre bergeron who is a #6-7 defensman who is incredible on the PP.

the difference between weaver and bergeron is weaver won't kill you at even strength like bergeron will.

he's solid, but he's not a top-4 guy. he was for us last year, but mostly by default, especially after the trade deadline. he just has too many limitations to his game to be considered a top-4 defensman - his size and lack of offensive presence. garrison, on the other hand, may be developing into one....we'll see this year.

i like weaver, he's incredible at his role. great 3rd-pairing dman. i just don't want him playing 20+ minutes a night - especially in this "new NHL" with an onus for puck moving defensmen. i want him playing 15 minutes a night with him being the first guy over the boards when we are shorthanded.

flapanthersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 03:53 AM
Dread Clawz
fmrly MarkstromRules

Quote:
You need to see him play now, not just go by what he was like 4 years ago.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 03:57 AM
JonathanHuberdoh
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
Please don't feed the troll.

JonathanHuberdoh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 03:58 AM
Dread Clawz
fmrly MarkstromRules

Quote:

You can stop exaggerating my comments now. I said Florida had a very strong bottom six, which they do. I don't see how that equates to "Florida has the deepest forward unit."

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 09:25 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Campbell, Jovo, and Kulikov....the defense is weak after that, and a rookie Gudbranson isn't going to be a star just yet . Goaltending is Theodore/Clemmensen - very questionable. Forward depth is better than other positions, but as deep as Van's...no way. Look at our roster.
As questionable as Lu8ngo??????? your goaltender is an overrated mental wreck...Look there for goalie concerns...

Last edited by adam graves: 07-10-2011 at 09:39 AM.
adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 09:56 AM
SufferingCatFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapanthersfan View Post
weaver is not a top-4 defensman. he's a #5-6 guy that is an incredible penalty killer. not much different than marc-andre bergeron who is a #6-7 defensman who is incredible on the PP.

the difference between weaver and bergeron is weaver won't kill you at even strength like bergeron will.

he's solid, but he's not a top-4 guy. he was for us last year, but mostly by default, especially after the trade deadline. he just has too many limitations to his game to be considered a top-4 defensman - his size and lack of offensive presence. garrison, on the other hand, may be developing into one....we'll see this year.

i like weaver, he's incredible at his role. great 3rd-pairing dman. i just don't want him playing 20+ minutes a night - especially in this "new NHL" with an onus for puck moving defensmen. i want him playing 15 minutes a night with him being the first guy over the boards when we are shorthanded.
Agree with everything that you wrote.

SufferingCatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 10:17 AM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

ProspectProphet and flapanthersfan aren't really wrong about Weaver's individuality.
He happened to find chemistry with Garrison(like Ballard).

Not to sell Weaver short, but I think it's Garrison that makes the pair what it is.

Sure together, they are top 4 guys...what if you break them apart?

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 10:27 AM
Slick Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
As questionable as Lu8ngo??????? your goaltender is an overrated mental wreck...Look there for goalie concerns...
Yep, Theodore's has a Vezina, roberta does not, and let's not forget that roberta was outplayed by the other goalie in every single series in the playoffs last year, in addition to the gold medal game in which he road his loaded team to a victory against a goalie miles better in Miller. Their best goalie is on the bench and soon to be gone since they have primadona signed for 20 years to an untradeable contract. Does anyone here really care about the depth of the vancouver team anyway?

Slick Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 10:29 AM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagecanuck View Post
Dude if you go on another teams board and tell them there team is ***** and cant hold a light to yours, you're trolling.

Were used to it. Anytime there is a trade or potential trade with Vancouver, the tools come out of the shed.

Rattrick is offline   Reply With Quote