HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kassian Thread

Old
07-09-2011, 02:13 PM
Rhett4
Buffalo Selects Jack

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
I wouldn't even make him the first callup.

He need time in the AHL, and he needs to understand that NHL coaches and players know more than he does. That little go round with Lindy about keeping his off hand on the stick is telling.

He needs some grumpy veteran in the A to bring him down a couple pegs so he can mature.
Agreed. I didn't like to see him arguing with Lindy and then Kevyn Adams later. That know-it-all attitude needs to go. He's not a junior player anymore where he's a man amongst boys. I think time in the AHL will do him some good. He needs to be humbled.

Rhett4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2011, 04:24 PM
drinking buddy
blues fan

60+ games or even a season in the AHL would be a great move for this kid.

drinking buddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 10:25 AM
Sabretip

Quote:
The 20-year-old has been impressive all week at the team's development camp at Niagara University and will come to the main training camp in September looking to crack the NHL roster. Chances are he won't, since the Sabres have a pretty crowded lineup and almost universally want some AHL time for their prospects.

So that likely means Kassian will get plenty of attention as one of the marquee men in Rochester with the Sabres' return as the parent club of the Amerks.
Quote:
Kassian knows the NHL is a major challenge but he felt he held his own last year during exhibition games. And he'll be going against plenty of players with even more physical gifts.

"That's exciting," he said. "It's going to work every day knowing you need to be on your game every day or else you're going to get shown up. That's a competitive side of me. I like that stuff and I'm looking forward to it."
http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sa...icle483606.ece

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 10:52 AM
HogtownSabresfan

The beauty of this team is our potential success is not predicated on Kassian or any of the other kids giving us anything this year. If they do, it will be a massive bonus. I love the fact this kid will be hungry in the "A" clawing for a call up.

HogtownSabresfan is offline   Reply With Quote