HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Flyers New Winter Classic Jerseys

Old
07-09-2011, 08:28 PM
tuckrr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjd624 View Post
tell you what the phantoms did some nice jerseys in thier final few seasons in Philly

any of those as a flyers jersey would be pretty cool
that spectrum jersey would be dope if they made the orange a bit more "orangy" and cut out the red (imo)

Last edited by tuckrr: 07-09-2011 at 08:42 PM.
tuckrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 12:09 AM
SeanL44
Welcome to Hellbow

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlansd View Post
Personally, I think those Quakers jerseys would be UGLY.

Why does it have to be a throw-back design? Our jerseys haven't really changed all that much over the years, so the throw back is kind of meaningless.

Why not do something new?

I think a Broad Street Bullies themed jersey w/ the logo like this:

would be extremely dope.

Especially when you consider all the bad blood in this rivalry between the Flyers and the Rangers.
You're serious? You want that junior high crap instead of a classic and clean look?

SeanL44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 10:07 AM
flountown

I would love to see a Remember the Spectrum style jersey, I love the one with the colors on the shoulder/arms.

I would also totally support a Quakers replica'd jersey, or as a long shot, something based on this:

For those wondering what this is, it was an artist's rendition of a Philadelphia hockey team before the name was chosen, originally published with an article stating that Philly had been chosen to host an NHL franchise.

flountown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 11:12 AM
PhillyFlying

i like all these concepts being thrown around but i'd really like to see the flying P crest on whatever uniform we end up using. anything else is gonna be too weird.

PhillyFlying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 01:47 PM
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Big View Post
I'd prefer the Flyers font/writing to go up instead of down. Just like the change the NHL did back when they reversed the NHL from the N starting high and sloping down. Now NHL goes up.

Much better symbolism.
But after the changes Holmgren has made the past few weeks, maybe going down is actually more appropriate...

Pantokrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 06:56 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyFlying View Post
i like all these concepts being thrown around but i'd really like to see the flying P crest on whatever uniform we end up using. anything else is gonna be too weird.
me too. it should be on every jersey. that guy that painted the rendition of the philly team jersey must of used a math teacher from the 40's as a model. tough lookin s.o.b. i think the tony the tiger's are the best so far though.

funghoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 10:28 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjd624 View Post
tell you what the phantoms did some nice jerseys in thier final few seasons in Philly

any of those as a flyers jersey would be pretty cool
While I'll concede that the Phantoms have had some nice 'special' jerseys over the years, IMO none of those were... I think maybe the Philadelphia Blazers tribute would be a good choice, as would the Quakers one hat has drawn raves since rumored and PhotoShopped.

Also IMO a Ramblers throw back jersey tribute would be good to give a nod to the early Philly hockey team(s) that existed in one form or another below the NHL/AHL level... the team that the Philly hockey fans attended before The Expansion.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2011, 10:30 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
me too. it should be on every jersey. that guy that painted the rendition of the philly team jersey must of used a math teacher from the 40's as a model. tough lookin s.o.b. i think the tony the tiger's are the best so far though.
First time I heard the Quakers jerseys called the Tony The Tigers... LOL I like that nickname.

Old
07-10-2011, 11:13 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

something like this could be cool, with "FLYERS" arched on front in place of "RAMBLERS"

It'd be cool if it were black, with cream shoulders and bottom stripe, orange letters on the front, cream circles on the sleeves with orange numbers, cream nameplate on the back with orange letters, and orange back numbers as well.

maybe add a tie-down as well.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 12:51 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

They've had many jerseys... this is one from 1964

EDIT: Notice the similarity with the mock up jerseys when the Flyers franchise was announced (posted by someone earlier in the thread)

Last edited by Sawdalite: 07-11-2011 at 01:07 PM.
Old
07-11-2011, 12:54 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Another year's jersey

Old
07-11-2011, 12:57 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

And of course there is always the Firebirds

Old
07-11-2011, 01:00 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

More radical Ramblers jersey circa 1960-61

Old
07-11-2011, 01:04 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

WHA Philadelphia Blazers...

...Bernie wearing an alternate color scheme (below)

...The Phantoms wore a tribute version for a game (below).

I like the Phantom one.

Last edited by Sawdalite: 07-11-2011 at 01:24 PM.
Old
07-11-2011, 01:23 PM
flyershistory

You have to think that it must be pretty cool for the guy that designed the mock-up to have his design made into an actual jersey

flyershistory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 01:27 PM
might2mash
Post-apocalyptic

Send a message via AIM to might2mash
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyFlying View Post
Was going to say the exact same thing. No way who we want to pay tribute to, this is still the Flyers, and that logo has to be front and center anytime they're on the ice.

might2mash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 01:43 PM
slitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlansd View Post
Personally, I think those Quakers jerseys would be UGLY.

Why does it have to be a throw-back design? Our jerseys haven't really changed all that much over the years, so the throw back is kind of meaningless.

Why not do something new?

I think a Broad Street Bullies themed jersey w/ the logo like this:

would be extremely dope.

Especially when you consider all the bad blood in this rivalry between the Flyers and the Rangers.

they are selling that **** all over the boardwalk this year

slitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 01:55 PM
FlyerGuy18

Kudos to the guy who photoshopped that concept. He's fooled a lot of people. Right now it's nothing more than a concept. I can't believe people still think it's legit

FlyerGuy18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 02:40 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by might2mash View Post
Was going to say the exact same thing. No way who we want to pay tribute to, this is still the Flyers, and that logo has to be front and center anytime they're on the ice.
Goes without saying that whichever jersey they choose has to be adjusted to reflect the Flyers name or logo... or maybe Philadelphia (in some form)... I didn't mean to ever suggest otherwise.

Old
07-11-2011, 04:26 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

just did this idea real quick in photoshop. what would you guys think about something like this?

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 04:27 PM
tuckrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
just did this idea real quick in photoshop. what would you guys think about something like this?

id like it better if i could see it TBH

Edit: interesting, good choice with pronger BTW ;-D

tuckrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 04:54 PM
orangecrush8

Quote:

The sleeve numbers are are interesting idea. I will say I like that it's black. People complain about the amount of black jerseys in the game, but if there are select teams who should be allowed to wear black, we are one of them.

Last edited by orangecrush8: 07-11-2011 at 05:11 PM.
orangecrush8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 04:56 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:

Nice work there... But the way I see it, going with so much black, I just as soon like to see the current Orange converted to black, keeping the Flying 'P' and maybe the WC patch on one shoulder and another type patch on the other to keep it even... OR maybe the name across the front and the Flying 'P' on either shoulder and the WC patch opposite the Captain's letter as you have it there... OR maybe Philadelphia on the chest and the Flying 'P' on the shoulders... But always having the stripe going completely down to the cuff as the current jerseys are.

Old
07-11-2011, 05:00 PM
flountown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post
Nice work there... But the way I see it, going with so much black, I just as soon like to see the current Orange converted to black, keeping the Flying 'P' and maybe the WC patch on one shoulder and another type patch on the other to keep it even... OR maybe the name across the front and the Flying 'P' on either shoulder and the WC patch opposite the Captain's letter as you have it there... OR maybe Philadelphia on the chest and the Flying 'P' on the shoulders... But always having the stripe going completely down to the cuff as the current jerseys are.
I'd like to avoid shoulder patches at all costs, if like last time we only get a Premier/Replica with no authentic jerseys offered at retail, the shoulder patches are the same screened on twill that we hate so much with NHL.com names/numbers.

flountown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2011, 05:19 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by flountown View Post
I'd like to avoid shoulder patches at all costs, if like last time we only get a Premier/Replica with no authentic jerseys offered at retail, the shoulder patches are the same screened on twill that we hate so much with NHL.com names/numbers.
But would that be the case with special WC jerseys? Last time the jersey was made entirely different than the regular season Premiers and the patch on the chest was the real McCoy.

I agree with you about not liking the screened on crap... But damn I just hate to see the tail wag the dog by designing the WC jersey to avoid Reebok and the manufacturers going the cheap route to squeeze another dollar or two from us... Shoot, they'll be making a fortune from all the Flyers fans buying them, and the actual cost of going with real patches on a special jersey would have to be minimal.